IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally thought the photo of DN and the original sketch were eerily similar.

But I don’t recall hearing anyone stating the voices were similar. The voice on recording sounded deeper, like an older man.

MOO

This actually depends on the DA. LE often makes arrests in murder cases before all the evidence is gathered. The job of the DA is to prosecute; the job of LE is to enforce safety. They don't always coexist in a collaborative manner. If LE finds evidence linking someone to a murder and they believe that the public's safety is at further risk, they WILL make an arrest. All they need is strong evidence to link the person to the kill-it's later up to the prosecution to give that evidence a narrative and for the defense to argue it away. It's better if the evidence is sound, because without strong evidence the amount of time they can hold a person is limited, but that doesn't mean they won't act first if they consider the person a danger to the public.

This is true, of course. Common sense for public safety would prevail.

I just can’t believe DN is the killer. Something doesn’t seem right .

MOO

What doesn't seem right? I'm always interested in hearing further when I see comments like this. Sometimes my gut tells me things before I can see it so I relate when you say something doesn't seem right.

I personally thought the photo of DN and the original sketch were eerily similar.

But I don’t recall hearing anyone stating the voices were similar. The voice on recording sounded deeper, like an older man.

MOO

I just couldn't tell. But we sure haven't heard too much about that connection. I think one of his (DN) former employers thought it sounded like him tho.

While celebrating the holidays, all I could think about was Libby's and Abby's families.
How in the world did they "celebrate"? I pray for justice - almost a year - and nothing?

I hope everyone here has a "Happy New Year", and that justice is coming for these innocent girls.

Hi! New to this case and glad it's open for posting. Newbie observations/MOO:
-BG size doesn't seem to match DN. DN appears much slighter to me
--audio of DN doesn't sound like the audio of "Down the Hill"
--lots and lots if RSOs in that region. Many with the same circle Mustache as the sketch
--BG may have seen the girls' posts in SM that day, had a fake profile, etc. otherwise it's strange young girls wouldn't be in school (unless crime of opportunity led to this).
--DN is a deviant but I am not 100% convinced he is responsible for AS/LG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long was she on there? Wonder if DN was in cahoots with KN with this little scam. Rob the rich?

Yeah, I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole BUT, SINCE YOU'RE FORCING ME TO!! LOL.

Yeah, when I came across this, all sorts of things popped into my mind. I mean, maybe she's under his control and was participating in some sorta twisted fantasy that went sideways. Maybe she setup the meeting or did the catfishing. Maybe it was a botched robbery. Maybe it involved drugs.

It is sad and is unfortunate what people will do for someone that they're in love with and don't want to lose. Of someone they think they're in love with. We all know how crazy this world can be.

I could be wrong about all of this. It's possible that she's has already thrown him under the bus with the hope of maybe getting some money but has worked a deal that will give her, her kids back.

Also, can anyone out there figure the RL news out. I don't remember what it was exactly called but be has a hearing coming up to reduce his sentence. What in the world is that? Is that normal? Who requested it? Could it be that he worked a deal to provide additional data to reduce his sentence? I just need someone to help me with this one. I'm no lawyer but I've never heard of anything like that. I can't imagine that he'd be sentenced to one thing, start his sentence and then a few months later be going to a hearing to adjust his sentence. Seems wild.

Aloha!!

Yeah, I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole BUT, SINCE YOU'RE FORCING ME TO!! LOL.

Yeah, when I came across this, all sorts of things popped into my mind. I mean, maybe she's under his control and was participating in some sorta twisted fantasy that went sideways. Maybe she setup the meeting or did the catfishing. Maybe it was a botched robbery. Maybe it involved drugs.

It is sad and is unfortunate what people will do for someone that they're in love with and don't want to lose. Of someone they think they're in love with. We all know how crazy this world can be.

I could be wrong about all of this. It's possible that she's has already thrown him under the bus with the hope of maybe getting some money but has worked a deal that will give her, her kids back.

Also, can anyone out there figure the RL news out. I don't remember what it was exactly called but be has a hearing coming up to reduce his sentence. What in the world is that? Is that normal? Who requested it? Could it be that he worked a deal to provide additional data to reduce his sentence? I just need someone to help me with this one. I'm no lawyer but I've never heard of anything like that. I can't imagine that he'd be sentenced to one thing, start his sentence and then a few months later be going to a hearing to adjust his sentence. Seems wild.

Aloha!!

I know people can get out early for good behavior. Idk what's going on tho. Maybe he gave some info about the case in exchange for a reduced sentence? Do you know when the hearing is?
Just looked it up re the IN laws. A person can ask for a sentence modification. A defendant may only make 1 modification request per year and a total of 2 modification requests during the entire sentence. Does that sound like what's going on?

Aloha!!

Snipped for focus. IAMAL, but the request for modification of sentence seems normal. It was mentioned in the 4/13 order.

[FONT=&amp]. Upon the filing of a petition the Court may consider a modification of sentence to Community Corrections.[/FONT]

RL's defense attorney filed on 9/20. The modification hearing is scheduled for 1/9/18.

moo

I know people can get out early for good behavior. Idk what's going on tho. Maybe he gave some info about the case in exchange for a reduced sentence? Do you know when the hearing is?
Just looked it up re the IN laws. A person can ask for a sentence modification. A defendant may only make 1 modification request per year and a total of 2 modification requests during the entire sentence. Does that sound like what's going on?

Sounds right to me. I'm not reading anything else into it...just part of the normal process, I think.

bbm

I do not believe...nor have I ever believed that DN is BG...moo. Respectfully..It would be nice if we could find another topic of conversation...him and his wife have been talked about to death imo. I wish that the police would clear him if he isn't guilty. I truly wish the police would release a little more information regarding Abby & Libby's case..I've seen too many cases go cold (Kyron Horman's for instance) when the police don't release enough information.

What doesn't seem right? I'm always interested in hearing further when I see comments like this. Sometimes my gut tells me things before I can see it so I relate when you say something doesn't seem right.

Sometimex I wonder if DN's appearance (his youth, eyes wide apart) cause him to appear innocent in some way. And he very well COULD be innocent of some of these events that have occurred in the news. We just don't know. No one here is saying he is guilty; but there are many, many things that raise suspicion. Still, innocent until proven otherwise.
I just wonder if his face throws others off a bit, as it does me. IF he IS ever found guilty, or is truly guily, it is such a very sad state of sffairs, all around.. We need better mental health care in this country!!!

JMO MHO MOO MOO MOO!

Just another reference on what's going on today in court for DN:

*Disposition Hearing (@ 10am MT) - for El Paso County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – arrested (9/25) & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Held on $6.8K bond Daniel J. Nations' decision to forgo a preliminary hearing (11/29) on charges of menacing and first-degree trespassing, both felonies, may be a sign that a plea deal is in the works on those charges. He remains jailed in El Paso County, records show. He is due to return to court Dec. 15 for an arraignment, at which time a possible plea deal could be announced.
No resolution, postponed from 12/15

*Disposition Hearing (@ 10am MT) - for Teller County charged being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Hearings were on 11/2 (Disposition Hearing) & 11/6 (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed. Combined bonds $15K "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
Offered a plea deal for possession of hatchet, postponed from 12/15 (again!)
Permanent Planning Hearing for children set for 1/4/18 Plus in Indiana these are 3 separate cases. Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/16/16) Marion County: Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 & 10/18/17 (4/25/17) Bartholomew Co. (Greenwood City Court): Driving without a license and possession of drug paraphernalia. Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. All now have outstanding warrants.

Thursday, January 4th:
*Permanent Planning Hearing (@ 11:30am MT) for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – re Children, last hearing was 12/7; also charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K. Last hearings were 11/6, 12/7 & 12/15..
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Held on $6.8K bond; next hearing on menacing charges was Nov. 29th. Hearing for El Paso charges on Dec. 15th for "maybe" a plea deal; no updates. "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
Plus in Indiana these are 3 separate cases. Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/16/16) Marion County: Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 & 10/18/17 (4/25/17) Bartholomew Co. (Greenwood City Court): Driving without a license and possession of drug paraphernalia. Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. All now have outstanding warrants.

I do not believe...nor have I ever believed that DN is BG...moo. Respectfully..It would be nice if we could find another topic of conversation...him and his wife have been talked about to death imo. I wish that the police would clear him if he isn't guilty. I truly wish the police would release a little more information regarding Abby & Libby's case..I've seen too many cases go cold (Kyron Horman's for instance) when the police don't release enough information.
I don't think DN is BG simply because there has been no indication from ISP that he is involved. If they don't have evidence by now, it seems to me they never will. How could someone murder 2 girls and leave no evidence? IMO only.

I have been looking for news from the new prosecutor's office. I wonder if he has had his update from LE on the Delphi and Flora investigations yet? Has anyone seen any news about that? It all seems too quiet.

From your link:

BBM

I notice DN isn't even mentioned in this article.

moo

ETA: I'll be curious to know if any Indiana reporters attend DN's Colorado hearings tomorrow.
I wonder if any will tweet proceedings from courthouse. Alexis McAdams tweets a lot, no?

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are opening up Abby and Libby’s thread for discussion.

All we ask is you post in a civil manner. That’s it. No name calling, no insults, no baiting, in general, don’t be a jerk.

Terms of Service in case you need a refresher course :)

As Monty Python would say "And now for something completely different".

I need a favor from someone who knows this case.

If you could please post a quick update on Abby and Libby’s case I would really appreciate it.

Most of us can’t follow this case like some of you so we are woefully behind.

More than one poster can post an update. That’s great.

Consider things like:

*What happened with Daniel Nations? Is he still a possible suspect?
*What is the latest from law enforcement?
*What is the latest from the girl’s loved ones?

Something along those lines would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia
:bump:

A reminder Tricia asked about DN so talking about him is allowed. As per TOS just scroll and roll or alert if necessary.

Snipped for focus. IAMAL, but the request for modification of sentence seems normal. It was mentioned in the 4/13 order.

RL's defense attorney filed on 9/20. The modification hearing is scheduled for 1/9/18.

moo

I always wondered if RL was not only paying his penance but also keeping himself SAFE in there with a plan to get out early when the coast was clear, maybe even get some reward $ as a key witness! I also think poor RL and/or perhaps KN might have a ghostwriter pen their story one day possibly. The $ could help either, or both, recover in some respects IF DN turns out to be BG (+/or killer of TW) BUT THIS I DO NOT KNOW!!!!!

I wish LE would clear him TOO! or reveal a bit more of what they know! Of course they are under NO obligation to do so & it could hurt the case. But THIS is why so there is so much speculation around DN. We just don't have enough info yet and the few clues seem to lead us that way given that there are no other POI on the horizon AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413