IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wibc.com/sites/g/files/exi441/f/201709/DocumentFragment_44559828_0.pdf

This document is priceless...thanks ocgrad.

from page 3 of document in link provided above

After several attempts to personally visit and verify Daniel Nations‘ address at the ln'fown SuitesMotel (887 E Main St; Room # 142, Greenwood IN 46143) by myself and Detective TomWalker, I contacted the manager of the InTown Suites Motel, Bob Leveranz, on May 1, 2017 andLeveranz confirmed that Nations was indeed still living at the motel in room # 142. Through themonths of May and June 01‘2017. Detective Walker and I attempted to visit Nations and tocontact him on the cell number he had registered numerous more times to no availi On July 18,2017, after more attempts to contact Nations, I contacted the manager of the lnTown SuitesMotel, Bob Leveranz. again to discuss Daniel Nations. Bob Leveranz informed me then thatDaniel Nations had moved out of the motel on May 12, 2017 and had not been back at the motelsince that time.

​BBM and IMOO proof as to why he bolted....!

Ran with a new mother and baby

WHY wasn't the manager instructed to give notice to police when DN would have left?? I don't understand it.

I guess I'm looking at this sentencing from a victim/citizen standpoint:

1. His victims will have to deal with his menacing for the rest of their lives, fearing people, potential situations and re-living the incident(s) - they get "life" while he gets 3 years
2. He obviously plea bargained to avoid actual witness testimony that would, in all probability, really paint a vivid picture and put him behind bars
3. Disgusted that he is obviously prone to recidivism and thereby hard for me to want to allocate hard earned taxpayer dollars for his 'help'
4. The judge and justice system has failed not only the residents of Colorado but failed to give them a voice in this matter!
5. This 'sentence' assures that his children have the possibility of being returned to him - totally unacceptable

AIMOO

6. I guess the judge and the state know otherwise and they are the experts.

WHY wasn't the manager instructed to give notice to police when DN would have left?? I don't understand it.
It is the offender's responsibility to notify their new address to LE not a hotel manager or landlord. When RSO's have a permanent address, they only have to report a change, whereas homeless RSO's have to report weekly AFAIK.

He is charged with non-registering as a SO, which is a Level 6 Felony. Recommended 1 year in prison and a $10,000 fine.

http://www.wibc.com/sites/g/files/exi441/f/201709/DocumentFragment_44559828_0.pdf

from above link:
STATE OF INDIANA )IN THE JOHNSON CIRCUIT/SUPERIOR) ss; COURTCOUNTY OF JOHNSON )CAUSENURfipDERfV 0 91:5 0 0 0 481STATE OF INDIANAINFORMATION FOR:V. FAILURE TO REGISTER AS A SEx ORVIOLENT OFFENDERDANIEL JAMES NATIONSHomeless I.C. 11-8-8-17(a)(5)DOB: 10/8/1985 l LEDSSN: *advertiser censored*-XX-8663 a Level 6 Felony

BBM and IMOO

A quote from the link I included: "Generally speaking, however, most states will not extradite defendants on lower level crimes like misdemeanors or lower level felonies that are non-violent in nature."

http://www.defenselawyerindiana.com/levels.html

Level 6 Felony: A Level 6 felony is the lowest level of felony in Indiana. It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (2 1/2)[FONT=&amp]years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. In certain instances, when a person is convicted of a Level 6 felony, the Court may nonetheless enter judgment and conviction as a Class A misdemeanor.

I think extradition can be up to the judge, too. One I'm familiar with crossed a couple of state lines to extradite a tenant with a warrant. As it turned out, they brought back the wrong guy (who was very, very unhappy).
[/FONT]

At first I was kind of saddened by the office move but it was inevitable, sooner or later. It's been almost a year, resources must be given to other cases, and the tiploads have become more manageable. More space is always required in the very beginning, when you're looking at multiple agencies needing room to move around, not to mention volunteers and family members. The main thing is that tips keep coming in and they continue to investigate those so the case is far from "cold".

6. I guess the judge and the state know otherwise and they are the experts.

Probation is cheaper than incarceration- that’s the bottom line.

Probation is cheaper than incarceration- that’s the bottom line.

Exactly. Less expensive and if IIRC, he will be allowed to transfer his penal-ty to another state provided that state will accept him.

A quote from the link I included: "Generally speaking, however, most states will not extradite defendants on lower level crimes like misdemeanors or lower level felonies that are non-violent in nature."

Level 6 Felony: A Level 6 felony is the lowest level of felony in Indiana. It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (2 1/2)[FONT=&amp]years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. In certain instances, when a person is convicted of a Level 6 felony, the Court may nonetheless enter judgment and conviction as a Class A misdemeanor.

I think extradition can be up to the judge, too. One I'm familiar with crossed a couple of state lines to extradite a tenant with a warrant. As it turned out, they brought back the wrong guy (who was very, very unhappy).
[/FONT]

I understood that it is the least and apologies for not posting as much in the referenced post. Thank you for bringing that to everyone else's attention.

This document is priceless...thanks ocgrad.

from page 3 of document in link provided above

After several attempts to personally visit and verify Daniel Nations‘ address at the ln'fown SuitesMotel (887 E Main St; Room # 142, Greenwood IN 46143) by myself and Detective TomWalker, I contacted the manager of the InTown Suites Motel, Bob Leveranz, on May 1, 2017 andLeveranz confirmed that Nations was indeed still living at the motel in room # 142. Through themonths of May and June 01‘2017. Detective Walker and I attempted to visit Nations and tocontact him on the cell number he had registered numerous more times to no availi On July 18,2017, after more attempts to contact Nations, I contacted the manager of the lnTown SuitesMotel, Bob Leveranz. again to discuss Daniel Nations. Bob Leveranz informed me then thatDaniel Nations had moved out of the motel on May 12, 2017 and had not been back at the motelsince that time.

​BBM and IMOO proof as to why he bolted....!

Ran with a new mother and baby
Everything was coming down to further incarceration. His suspended sentence was revoked in Bartholomew County going back to 10/10/16 but he denied and spent some months putting them through fact finding until his 3/6/2017 hearing, then he Failed to Appear on 5/1/2017. Then he was in PD programs in both Greenwood and Marion County who I believe got him into the rent-paid motel. But then when he got picked up on 4-25-2017 in Greenwood that cost him both PD programs and the rent at his motel. So he would have been facing the possibility of jail time in all of these. I say possibility because he is good at worming out of his consequences in addition to the weak court system. For instance when he got picked up in Plainfield driving they charged a Misdemeanor A but only sentenced him with time served, about 40 days, 8-17-16 thru 10-6-16, sentenced 12-7-16. However he got picked up again in Marion co on 11-16-16 driving and they charged him with a Misdemeanor C, then he was picked up on 4-25-17 driving in Greenwood and it was a Misdemeanor A. Anyway he was facing jail time in Bartholomew Co, Marion Co, and Greenwood. In Marion Co his 4-27 check In was continued because he was in jail in Greenwood. So he had a Change of Plea hearing on 5-11-17. I imagine they have a process of notifying the motel when someone is out of the program and they are probably kind of hard ball and do not continue rent through the end of the month.

Remember Mammy from Gone With the Wind? I know nothin bout birthin no babies!
Bob, the hotel manager, WANTED to know nothing about DN. When I spoke with him last summer on the phone he acted as if he KNEW NOTHING about DN. I believe he feared DN then and probably still does now. MOO

DN is a user, a con artist and he has zero intention of admitting his wrongs and adhering to anything. I'm telling y'all right now. MOO

"On Feb. 13, 2018 the start of the second year of the investigation, the agencies will be moving the headquarters. The investigation began in a room above the Delphi City Hall. It was later moved to the REMC building on Franklin Street in Delphi.

The headquarters will be moved back to the office space above city hall. The two buildings are less than half a mile apart."

It’s awful that this case doesn’t look like it will be solved anytime soon. I don’t blame law enforcement I just hope monster’s luck runs out.

I’m dreading the one-year anniversary passing with no one charged for these crimes. I hope more information is released.

It’s awful that this case doesn’t look like it will be solved anytime soon. I don’t blame law enforcement I just hope monster’s luck runs out.

I was concerned from the beginning. It seems like if there isn't an immediate arrest, then this is what happens. Very sad. :-( What is probably frustrating to LE is that they may even have a good idea of who's involved but they haven't been able to find that piece of evidence to tie him to it yet.

At first I was kind of saddened by the office move but it was inevitable, sooner or later. It's been almost a year, resources must be given to other cases, and the tiploads have become more manageable. More space is always required in the very beginning, when you're looking at multiple agencies needing room to move around, not to mention volunteers and family members. The main thing is that tips keep coming in and they continue to investigate those so the case is far from "cold".

That it wasn't shut down entirely to be integrated within ISP is a positive sign that LE is still actively pursuing the case. For certain a significant amount of resources and expense has been devoted to solving this crime. Frankly I hadn't realized a seperate office was still in place to focus on just this one case. Is that typical?

That it wasn't shut down entirely to be integrated within ISP is a positive sign that LE is still actively pursuing the case. For certain a significant amount of resources and expense has been devoted to solving this crime. Frankly I hadn't realized a seperate office was still in place to focus on just this one case. Is that typical?

Well, they've had an awful lot of eyes on them so I would imagine that they've tread very carefully in this area. They know that every single move is analyzed and they probably didn't relocate up until this point not only because it wasn't yet practical, due to space, but because they didn't want to send the wrong message (looks like the case isn't moving). It IS typical for a limited amount of time (which has apparently come to an end now) simply because of the number of people working the case. In the beginning there were several different task forces assigned to it, which is how I found out about the case. My cousin works the Drug Task Force and they were brought in for the first few weeks. (Don't read into that too much. It may have simply been for extra manpower.) Extra people were brought in to handle the tips, do the interviews, etc. They probably kept up a pretty good stream of those until this fall since tips naturally start decreasing over time. LE offices up there, and general work space, is fairly confined. Not a lot of space to move around in or have multiple people crammed into. I imagine that storage was an issue, too, considering the number of tips and investigative work that's been done. There are regular "joes" like us here on this site who have sent LE the research they've compiled on the case. Some WSers have had 10+ pages sent in. Imagine how much room that took up with 50 or even 100 people did it. Now that some of that has finally been processed, and the tips have slowed down, it has probably freed up some space and they no longer need the amount of room that was once required.

That's just my opinion after having spent many years working with true crime books and having family members as detectives and officers, including family who work in Carroll County and Tippecanoe.

Everything was coming down to further incarceration. His suspended sentence was revoked in Bartholomew County going back to 10/10/16 but he denied and spent some months putting them through fact finding until his 3/6/2017 hearing, then he Failed to Appear on 5/1/2017. Then he was in PD programs in both Greenwood and Marion County who I believe got him into the rent-paid motel. But then when he got picked up on 4-25-2017 in Greenwood that cost him both PD programs and the rent at his motel. So he would have been facing the possibility of jail time in all of these. I say possibility because he is good at worming out of his consequences in addition to the weak court system. For instance when he got picked up in Plainfield driving they charged a Misdemeanor A but only sentenced him with time served, about 40 days, 8-17-16 thru 10-6-16, sentenced 12-7-16. However he got picked up again in Marion co on 11-16-16 driving and they charged him with a Misdemeanor C, then he was picked up on 4-25-17 driving in Greenwood and it was a Misdemeanor A. Anyway he was facing jail time in Bartholomew Co, Marion Co, and Greenwood. In Marion Co his 4-27 check In was continued because he was in jail in Greenwood. So he had a Change of Plea hearing on 5-11-17. I imagine they have a process of notifying the motel when someone is out of the program and they are probably kind of hard ball and do not continue rent through the end of the month.
For somebody who has no car or licence to drive to Delphi, he sure manages to get picked up and charged a lot of times, even being caught on camera doing it in Co?

:cow:

(He got away with that in Co too didn't he?)

[/FONT]

I think they will make the effort for DN. He has given three separate counties the slip in order to avoid jail and has made a mockery of LE and the court system as well as making ISP run all the way to Co for nothing - not even an interview.

They have longer now - his Clear Creek Colorado date is pushed back to 24th Jan .

:cow:

Not if children are in danger.
I am appalled such and scofflaw would be able to evade consequences. It’s just the money available in the system- I assume there is someone more violent the court prefers to incarcerate with their resources. Makes for bad justice.

Also - Indiana and Colorado are three strikes states - what is going on with so many crimes being plea bargained away?
I have said from the beginning DN has a mighty “Opie” act that mollified authorities — and they let him weasel out of consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan