IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that case in Florida(about 10 years ago or so, maybe a little longer) where the young girl was snatched while walking past the garage? There was video footage of her abduction. The guy's face was just barely visible-certainly not detailed enough for a stranger to pick him out. And yet, they aired that footage and had someone in mind within no time. I thought that's what would happen with this case.

I think what happened with the other one was that the guy was in context, so it was easier for people who knew him to pick him out. It hasn't helped that BG looks like every other man in the area and that he was seen in the woods. Maybe if he'd been seen near a business or near a home...
Yes, my god that is what I think about all the time with this case. They need to release info like FL did.

Yes, my god that is what I think about all the time with this case. They need to release info like FL did.

If they are truly having trouble with this case, if they really have kind of come to a standstill, then they need to release more info. I've been of the mindset all along that they're holding back for a specific reason, that they have someone in mind and they're trying not to play their hand. However, the longer this goes on the more I am starting feel that they're floundering. If so, then it may be time to reevaluate the way they're playing this.

Thanks Jax. I was way off on when I thought it was said, no wonder I couldn’t find it.

You're welcome. IIRC, it was said more than once; some mentioned video, others just audio. This was just the earliest one I found (some articles were missing because it has been so long).

Hard to imagine almost one year and no arrest, no suspect, no end in sight, apparently.

I remember Carlie’s case well. It is similar in so many ways. I am going to back and look and compare. Thanks, her.

Maybe someone gave BG a lift, as in hitch hiking OUT of there ... (and possibly hitching rides earlier on that day, too) so LE felt it safe to suggest no danger at that point and hence all those billboards up so quickly?

Indeed.
DELPHI, Ind. -- If you saw a hitchhiker or somebody walking along roads in Delphi last week, the police would like to talk to you. You could help find who killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
https://www.theindychannel.com/news...g-road-near-delphi-police-want-to-talk-to-you

Ok, I totally agree. The video of the encounter between Carlie and her killer was released, not just stills. We had so many posters here putting the pictures together to try and understand the gait. With you 100% - a lot of time and energy was wasted, and perhaps better leads were lost early on.

I have been looking for access to yearbooks. Current and past. I think they could hold the key.

I think they have potential as well.

Especially if the Year Books could be paired with local knowledge regarding known criminals and others who may have flown under the radar as far as formal arrests go, but bad news types. Ie: were known to be aggressive towards others, harm animals, sexually deviant, or to have aspirations of forming a mafia group / out law bikers etc.

Anecdotally, I can think of at least one individual from my high school (hundreds of miles away from the crime scene) whose criminality ran deep and was known to be an all around "very bad news" character. He also avoided formal trouble with the police- at least in his youth. I would suspect him in a local crime with similar circumstances.

Ok, I totally agree. The video of the encounter between Carlie and her killer was released, not just stills. We had so many posters here putting the pictures together to try and understand the gait. With you 100% - a lot of time and energy was wasted, and perhaps better leads were lost early on.
That’s what I’m talking about. I’m so glad mtnlites brought it up. It was scary to see but it worked.
I don’t buy it for a minute the LE can’t release anything, please. Nor will it help me expressing that to them, they won’t do it.

With my luck I will wake to them doing just that only because I said so!

You're welcome. IIRC, it was said more than once; some mentioned video, others just audio. This was just the earliest one I found (some articles were missing because it has been so long).

Hard to imagine almost one year and no arrest, no suspect, no end in sight, apparently.

Hopefully, if it gets to one year with no arrest, they will release more info. We need something more to go on.

I think they have potential as well.

Especially if the Year Books could be paired with local knowledge regarding known criminals and others who may have flown under the radar as far as formal arrests go, but bad news types. Ie: were known to be aggressive towards others, harm animals, sexually deviant, or to have aspirations of forming a mafia group / out law bikers etc.

Anecdotally, I can think of at least one individual from my high school (hundreds of miles away from the crime scene) whose criminality ran deep and was known to be an all around "very bad news" character. He also avoided formal trouble with the police- at least in his youth. I would suspect him in a local crime with similar circumstances.

Add to that staff, busdrivers, janitors, coaches...anyone who had interaction with the girls. Does anyone stand out?

That’s what I’m talking about. I’m so glad mtnlites brought it up. It was scary to see but it worked.
I don’t buy it for a minute the LE can’t release anything, please. Nor will help me expressing that to them, they won’t do it.

They should have earlier. It makes sense for the first time to me tonight. Carlie Brucia’s video was hard to watch, but it worked. The Delphi girls video would’ve been hard to watch, maybe harder. Editors could be helpful.

You know, this case has always had two main quotes. Today is the day and Let no stone be unturned. There is evidence that could help the public identify him that hasn’t all the way been released.

I wonder why? Is it out of respect for the families? Not sure, but for what I have seen in interviews, they want this guy caught, whatever it takes.

I would demand to see it as a parent and technically the owner of the property it was on, cell phone. I’m that crazy parent type.
I would then next leak it possibly if they didn’t do what I thought was best after awhile too.

Put me in in a padded room if it ever happens people! Or it will be crazy.

I don’t buy it for a minute the LE can’t release anything, please. Nor will it help me expressing that to them, they won’t do it.

RBBM

Hi her,
We can all hope....

I would demand to see it as a parent and technically the owner of the property it was on, cell phone. I’m that crazy parent type.
I would then next leak it possibly if they didn’t do what I thought was best after awhile too.

Oh, my goodness. Parent here, too. It’s hard to imagine. These families have done well, but Anna. In the interviews, she gets me the most, and sometimes, I wish the cameras and interviewer questions gave her a little more time. JMO.

So we've had several people here with the skills to recreate the scene to some degree. Why couldn't LE employ someone like that to create a digital recreation of the crime without actually viewing the video? Leave the girls out of it~~just the perp walking. Hire someone from Disney to do it. We know they have already brought in someone from Disney to try to enhance the photo with no luck. Why not ask them to view the video and recreate the gait for all to see?

I remember watching a show about Michelle Kwan the Olympic Ice Skater and how she worked with someone from Disney (I believe) to recreate her jumps and ice skating. Why not do that with the BG? It's time for LE to use unconventional ways to catch this perp..start thinking outside the box...the box isn't working...

All JMHO of course.

The only thing I can figure, the reason that the families haven't gone rogue, is because they know something we don't. If LE is taking them aside and saying, "Look, we know ABC so you can't share EFG because XYZ will happen" then I can see keeping my mouth shut. That would keep me quiet. But, like you (her, mostly), if I got to a point where I felt like the outside world could be more helpful than what I am finding elsewhere, I'd probably talk now and ask forgiveness later.

The only thing I can figure, the reason that the families haven't gone rogue, is because they know something we don't. If LE is taking them aside and saying, "Look, we know ABC so you can't share EFG because XYZ will happen" then I can see keeping my mouth shut. That would keep me quiet. But, like you (her, mostly), if I got to a point where I felt like the outside world could be more helpful than what I am finding elsewhere, I'd probably talk now and ask forgiveness later.

I agree and after every time I see the families interviewed, I am so in awe of their demeanor. They do not seem to doubt LE and are respectful of their work. I sure hope LE is slipping them positive info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree and after every time I see the families interviewed, I am so in awe of their demeanor. They do not seem to doubt LE and are respectful of their work. I sure hope LE is slipping them positive info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The families' confidence in LE is pretty much the only thing giving me faith that this crime is solvable at this point.

They should have earlier. It makes sense for the first time to me tonight. Carlie Brucia’s video was hard to watch, but it worked. The Delphi girls video would’ve been hard to watch, maybe harder. Editors could be helpful.

You know, this case has always had two main quotes. Today is the day and Let no stone be unturned. There is evidence that could help the public identify him that hasn’t all the way been released.

I wonder why? Is it out of respect for the families? Not sure, but for what I have seen in interviews, they want this guy caught, whatever it takes.

The families have always seemed so confident in the LE's handling of this. Even after all this time. Is there a specific POI in mind but they just ca
n't locate him? I don't get it. I am starting to feel myself getting angry that LE is so tight lipped especially as I lose confidence in whether this is being handled well. Do the families know something major that we don't know? Why do they seem so confident in LE or is it just that out of desperation they have no choice?

Hmmm, never thought about the ownership of Libby's cell phone and what that all means. Interesting thought! Honestly IDK how the families remain so patient. I find
the (seeming)lack of progress SO frustrating. Sedate me, if this were my grand daughter. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina