IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel they should have brought up the reward money. That’s a lot of money. Also wish they would have clarified what clothing they believe he is wearing and again clear up the hat issue. Just in case the general public missed those important pieces of information along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO
Agree. There was so much more they could have done. Remind about reward. Let a family member speak. Release another snipit of Audio or Video clip. Anything.

Im so disappointed. They didnt even repeat the questions before answering them which is "Public Interview 101".

They want the public's help and yet gave us practically nothing new to help them. It needs to be a two-way street in order for us to help each other.

If they are waiting on the Perp's mother to turn him in that is likely not going to happen because this type of Perp probably has not told a single sole what he has done.

I am really afraid this perp is going to kill again. A little surprised it hasnt already happened. Or maybe it already has and a tie to the cases just has not been made yet.

Disappointed and saddened.

http://fox59.com/2018/02/13/isp-pro...stigation-including-latest-on-daniel-nations/

At the end of the press conference, Carter said he plans to keep the “science piece” of the investigation very close to the vest, adding that he believes the photograph of the suspected killer and the audio of “down the hill” should be enough to identify the suspect.

Also re DN
“We went out to Colorado and we spent a little time with him, and he’s not a person we care a lot about at this moment and time,” said Carter. “Until somebody is arrested, we’re interested in almost everybody.”

Apparently nobody they have interviewed thus far is a viable POI. I think BG is still the suspect. I don't know what the heck to think about the sketch at this point. Is it being discounted? If so, why? Does that suggest the witness is no longer credible?

BBM
My hunch is that LE has been deluged with "side by side" lineups from mostly well-meaning tipsters. Can you imagine having to sift through all of those. . . especially if the only "evidence" provided to LE is that someone thinks someone else looks like that sketch?
MOO

Apparently nobody they have interviewed thus far is a viable POI. I think BG is still the suspect. I don't know what the heck to think about the sketch at this point. Is it being discounted? If so, why? Does that suggest the witness is no longer credible?
Ok so are they now going to give more details like cause of death, time of death, possible weapons, possible vehicles, possible accomplices etc.

I think they are missing Sgt Holman.

Wish there was a transcript of the presser, I couldn't hear the questions and no offense to those translating them here, but would like to hear them for myself.

I believe that every time LE speaks about a case like this, their primary goal is to progress the case. They are speaking to the murderer and whoever knows it was him.

Their goal is not to satisfy the general pubic or to make us feel better or more hopeful or informed. Their words are carefully chosen. They are speaking to BG.

Saying they are confident everyone they've talked to is not involved? Meh. And, they did say "everyone we've talked to." For the DN is BG folks, I guess you could say, well maybe they haven't actually spoken to him. Maybe a suspect has lawyered up and won't speak to them. But I'm still not sure what the original question was.

I do believe they have a good suspect or suspects. The puzzle piece they need may be for someone to stop giving him an alibi.

I've only been about 20% confident that it is DN. But I don't think anything they said clears DN or anyone else. I wanted it to clear him because I am almost sure it is not DN. But I didn't hear it.

One of their prime purposes today, if not the prime purpose, was to progress the case. To say things that some people (not us) need to hear. They didn't need to give more audio or video because they already have their BG.

All JMO

So as I suspected DN not involved which was pretty obvious.

IDK how obvious that is. In some cases, time, consideration and new evidence are required to exclude a line of thinking. There have been enough overlaps to make the possibility of DN's involvement something more than wild fancy. IMO of course.

When asked about DN Carter said they "went out there and spent some time with him and he's not a person we care a whole lot about at this time."

paraphrased

moo

Long time lurker; new registered user; first post.

I cannot find the link for reference, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a statement from LE sometime recently basically saying that they 'think the killer has killed before and/or will kill again'? I am thinking it was posted in MSM around January. Perhaps that was in a dream because I wouldn't be surprised if this case has infiltrated my subconscious as I think of it so often.

Initially, I had suspected this crime may be related to Lyric and Elizabeth, but chalked that up to being a bit of a conspiracy theorist. The fact that the L&E crime has no determined COD (and I'm assuming not many clues to go on after being exposed to the elements for 6ish months), how do you all suppose LE was able to conclude the crimes were not related?

I, like so many of you, am now more worried than ever that LE has got nothing to go on. The only thing that stuck out to me was the continued reference to a father figure in the press conference in regards to who the general population should be evaluating in relation to BG. Sounds to me that they think this is an individual at least 45+, but alas, I am likely just grasping at straws as I wish for any new or even concrete information.

RIP, Abby and Libby. We are thinking of you and trying desperately to help serve justice.

Technically they didn't conclude the cases were not related.

They said they couldn't find a connection, which isn't at all the same thing.

The connection might be there but hasn't been made yet.

I had a nasty few moments over the two missing girls in Texas, who had the same general look as L&L and A&L. And right around the anniversary. I'm still worried...

also I thought he said DN isn't someone they are too interested in right now.

so not too interested...so interested just not too interested...sounds double speaky to me, also he said they talked to DN

yet I thought that they never spoke to him due to his attorney not allowing it.

so which is it?

Im just trying to clarify.

DN is not a poi. I never really considered him a poi. I don't think they are any closer to solving it than they were a year ago. Sadly I think this is a SK and won't be caught until he does it again and gets sloppy. Depressing.

There are 2 possible scenarios... he lists one and says that’s not likely. Then goes on to explain his 2nd theory...

Also just before that he mentions keeping close to the chest the social media component.

Starts around 15:45

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early on I felt strongly that the Delphi case could be a cyber crime or part cyber crime. I believe LE's use of the term "complicated" ties in with that.

I'd wondered if there was Dark Web involvement, which would include use of VPN's and other means to "cloak" onesself while online. If folks here are familiar with the term "SWATting", then you know that people can get away with cyber crimes if they are careful or sophisticated enough. Most folks who try to hide while online do it for legit reasons, some do it for nefarious reasons.

It's been a year, with a lot of resources thrown at this case. MOO is it will take time to solve, and there's a strong possibility solving another crime or crimes will unravel this case, the guy is that slick. Which of course means that MOO is he is a serial killer.

All the speculation early on and later with a certain POI being a drifter or homeless made me cringe. This is a pro, the guy has done it before, and he will kill again. Judging by the eyewitness info and the 3 images released, this guy has no trouble walking and hiking decent distances, up and down hills, etc. So he's in shape for it, may work or have worked outdoors, and is comfortable with heights. So trails, parks, abandoned RR bridges, etc., are this guy's wheelhouse. Of course we don't know what other crimes he may have committed, my hope is the FBI have a hunch that he committed other murders. Maybe his MO has changed some.

Anyone reading this who live or recreate in the states of IN, IL, MI, OH, KY, IA,, and possibly states bordering those states, should be on the alert in local parks, wooded areas with trails, and similar spaces where people might go alone or in pairs. In my recent research, there appears to be a huge number of unsolved murders in such places across certain states in this region. Some folks have disappeared, some remains are unidentified. Most remains found in this region have been identified in the cases I suspect involve foul play, then I've had to divide them between "moved" and "murdered in place or nearby".

Bottom line is we have a killer on the loose. Set the emergency setting on your cell phones, carry pepper spray, carry light weapons, etc., for self-defense. Stay vigilant and report suspicious persons in recreation and wooded areas.

JMO

Terrific post . Thanks so much and ITA. People acted like I was insane all these months saying I felt this was a serial killer from day one, and then later staunchly saying DN is not the guy. I continue to do my researching related to unsolved cases and similar cases etc. I also believe going back to the 80s is very smart to do. I have been doing that all this time too but like you said there are SOOOOO MANY and this was before social media and DNA breakthroughs and now we have to dig through old newspaper articles etc. I do believe he is probably in his 50s. I also do not think all his victims were multiples except Iowa likely . I think the rest were Singleton murders, and I want to stress I am not just searching for unsolved homicides... I do believe there will be things found relating to him in old articles such as attempted abductions, attempted rapes/ assaults and many other crimes . Articles like "police urge community to be on the look out for such and such vehicle attempting to lure young girls or women' but never identified. This I believe will be things we should be searching for and try to find the trail. But I definitely think he has killed before and will again for certain. I hope he finally screws up before another victim .

Today has been rough for everyone and my thoughts and love go out to the families. I have 2 candles lit for Abby and Liberty. We won't ever stop looking.

IDK how obvious that is. In some cases, time, consideration and new evidence are required to exclude a line of thinking. There have been enough overlaps to make the possibility of DN's involvement something more than wild fancy. IMO of course.

The only people who were obsessed with his guilt was on this forum. I am sure LE did originally consider him a suspect but it as he didn’t fit the sketch and there was other inconsistencies it was only this forum then that then tried to continually make out like he was a viable suspect.

The only people who were obsessed with his guilt was on this forum. I am sure LE did originally consider him a suspect but it as he didn’t fit the sketch and there was other inconsistencies it was only this forum then that then tried to continually make out like he was a viable suspect.

This is true. I rarely encounter DN's names on other places where this case is being discussed.

When asked about DN Carter said they "went out there and spent some time with him and he's not a person we care a whole lot about at this time."

paraphrased

moo

Possibly because they know he's going nowhere for several months at least. I cannot yet see that what has been said clears him. I would love to see if Morgan county had details where he was working Jan 31st til 24 Feb. SO registers are supposed to show their workplace and KN confirmed he worked construction.

This has to be heartbreaking for the families that after 30,000 tips the investigation has not apparently moved much further forward.

AJMO

This is true. I rarely encounter DN's names on other places where this case is being discussed.

I know and that’s what drove people away from posting on the thread. Now LE have basically said they are not interested in him
hopefully the discussion can move on and become more productive again.

Well he sure has been in the news a lot named as a POI. His wife was interviewed numerous times because of the public's interest in his position of being a POI. So I'm going to respectfully disagree with your statement of "The only people who were obsessed with his guilt was on this forum. "

DN was a named poi in msm. no one was trying to make him into anything. I am still on the fence and waiting. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom