IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is you’ve got no access to any information about the other 500+ (according to one LEO) POIs. So, it seems unwise to focus on one person. Of the other POIs, hundreds could be rated higher than DN on LE’s list of possible suspects. Without knowing any more about the other 500+ POIs, it’s impossible to say. It’s impossible to compare DN to other possibilities. It’s like going to New York City, trying one restaurant, and then claiming “this is NYC’s best restaurant.” How in the world can you make such a claim without trying hundreds of other restaurants there? No one would take you seriously.

He is the one they are bothering to extradite unnecessarily. Many said they wouldn't but they are so there has to be a good reason for that - we just don't know it ATM. It's the only restaurant open for now.

Random question.. how many here sleuth and research outside of WS ? Just wondering.

Also I would lay a million dollars DN is NOT the guy.

Most of us do but we cannot discuss it on here. We can only discuss DN. You would have to find someone to take your bet and give you odds. What odds do you think you might get? If there are 500 Poi's which I seriously doubt, that would be 500-1 which would be terrible odds.

DN is not defendable in the crimes he has been officially charged/convicted. What a disturbing individual with such an obvious history of what led him to where he is.

Linking him to Abby and Libby is circumstantial. Really circumstantial. JMO.

That could all change once he is officially arraigned in Indiana for unrelated crimes.

I have followed this case from the beginning, and always thought the media quotes regarding whether or not the investigators have BG’s DNA *mostly* supported the notion they’ve got it.

Looking at DN, he seems to become unhinged when angry. He is aroused by exposing himself. That combination is not good for anyone who crosses his path.

All in all, if they had the DNA, it would be matched already to anyone already identified as a POI. It’s almost a year. I would never have guessed we would still be here sleuthing who did it.
I don't think they have identifiable DNA and that is why they need the wife or brother etc giving up the alibi or the phone data that they are chasing down. They will get there in the end.

I agree with your final paragraph. I think this is one reason LE has felt[ confident that they’d find the killer by now, because they recovered what is likely the killer’s DNA at the crime scene. LE has made it a point to collect DNA from every POI they’ve contacted. So far, they haven’t found a match. The killer, by all LE accounts, is still on the loose.
I think LE think they have the killer's DNA but really they don't know. If they never get a match that is not proof the POI is innocent therefore they cannot exclude any unless by alibi or physical characteristics or phone records etc. In the end it won't be DNA that catches him but other evidence like witness evidence, voice match, gait analysis, opportunity etc IMO. They will get their man.
Today is the day.

There appears to be some confusion yet again, so here, once more, is the quote from previous threads:

"Athough she [KN] sees a resemblance in the sketch, she says the picture of the suspect walking on the bridge in Delphi does not match."

v

The confusion continues because she keeps changing the words to the song she is singing.

INDIANAPOLIS -- While Daniel Nations remains behind bars in Colorado, his wife spoke about her husband being named a person of interest in the Delphi double homicide in Indiana.
Katelyn Nations says she does think her husband looks like the sketch of the murder suspect released by police.
“I have been with Daniel for six years now and looking at that picture … there is a lot of similarities,” she said.
When asked if she thought her husband was connected to the deaths of Abby Williams and Libby German, she said she couldn't say for sure one way or the other.

BBM

You sure said a mouthful there. I think if the truth were known, he had a downright miserable life growing up. MOO.
At least he had the chance to grow up. Poor A & L have not. I don't buy the miserable life excuse one bit or the crying to the judge. He has had plenty of chances to sort his life out.

I had to edit this to include Jerrod’s quote.

******Quote from above “There appears to be some confusion yet again, so here, once more, is the quote from previous threads:

"Athough she [KN] sees a resemblance in the sketch, she says the picture of the suspect walking on the bridge in Delphi does not match."

But she also says he doesn’t match the picture because he didn’t have those clothes. She also says “he started throwing away clothes in Colorado,” which is totally unnecessary information. And you know what they say about too much information.

http://coloradosprings.com/menacing...ts-he-killed-monument-cyclist/article/1613703

She also says she doesn’t want to say if he is capable of killing Abby & Libby. She also says she cannot remember if he was at the ultrasound or not.

So I guess we all piece together KN’s information, lack thereof, and excess trivial information differently and interpret the bigger picture differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent analogy.

If this were a betting game, who would the smart money be on? The one POI who's been named, or someone from the pool of 500+ unnamed ones?
Trouble is you cannot place a bet on unnamed runners. If there's only one restaurant open or one runner then that's the winner. If the runner has been specially brought in for the race, that's also yet another good indicator. I don't think any other POI's will be named because they're not favourites.
:moo:

Wouldn't it be good if they did name some of the other POI's though
Do they often do that? I.e. name multiple POI's?

Quote from above “There appears to be some confusion yet again, so here, once more, is the quote from previous threads:

But she also says he doesn’t match the picture because he didn’t have those clothes. She also says “he started throwing away clothes in Colorado,” which is totally unnecessary information. And you know what they say about too much information.

http://coloradosprings.com/menacing...ts-he-killed-monument-cyclist/article/1613703

She also says she doesn’t want to say if he is capable of killing Abby & Libby. She also says she cannot remember if he was at the ultrasound or not.

So I guess we all piece together KN’s information, lack thereof, and excess trivial information differently and interpret the bigger picture differently.

And what wasn't thrown away got stolen right? The gun and the hatchet didn't get stolen though. Or did it?

I had to edit this to include Jabarn’s quote.

******Quote from above “There appears to be some confusion yet again, so here, once more, is the quote from previous threads:

Boom Chukka Lukka.

All of their belongings were supposedly stolen. But yes, the hatchet and gun were found in the car at arrest.

And what wasn't thrown away got stolen right? The gun and the hatchet didn't get stolen though. Or did it?

I don't think they have identifiable DNA and that is why they need the wife or brother etc giving up the alibi or the phone data that they are chasing down. They will get there in the end.

AND, DN’s lack of alibi is interesting.

The initial Snapchat pic of Abby, the video capture and release of BG’s pixelated image and clear voice. How is there not a match yet to anyone?

All the same, when you KNOW it, you know it. For someone out there who sees it, and knows it, call it in.

Hoping today is the day. Goodnight, everyone.

I had to edit this to include Jabarn’s quote.

v

just for the sake of clarity, I think you meant "Jarrod's post", not Jabarn.

wasn't one of Ted Bundy's first murders a neighbor lady? didn't he strangle her with her bathrobe belt one morning and leave her dead on the front lawn or something? not sure if he confessed to that one..If I have the wrong SK Im so embarassed..but I think it was Bundy..he was a young teen maybe as young as 12 at the time.

what Im getting at is the urge to kill.

and that sk's aren't all one trick ponies who only kill hookers or women or children..Bundy also murdered a little 12 yr old girl.

they can be random and especially when sadism is the tick, they can be satisfied with murdering a random male too, think Israel Keyes, who enjoyed murdering a married middle aged couple, and then moved on to a very young woman, etc.

DN could be just a crime machine doing all kinds of crazy stuff we know nothing about...all kinds..his exposure crimes could be only the start.

we just don't know.

MOO

Trouble is you cannot place a bet on unnamed runners. If there's only one restaurant open or one runner then that's the winner. If the runner has been specially brought in for the race, that's also yet another good indicator. I don't think any other POI's will be named because they're not favourites.
:moo:

Wouldn't it be good if they did name some of the other POI's though
Do they often do that? I.e. name multiple POI's?

No, they don't usually name multiple POI's (at least, in my experience).

But, remember LE didn't name DN. MSM did that and LE responded.

moo

The jails and prisons here are, for the most part, bursting at the seams. Even if they get DN on failure to register, there's a high likelihood he won't serve any jail time, maybe house arrest or an extended probation. Maybe even a suspended sentence. He would be closely monitored, I'm sure, and maybe have some kind of court ordered counseling.

All JMO.

Following...
You are absolutely right.
And this is exactly why I don't think they would go through the trouble and expense to extradite DN for a charge that could be downgraded or suspended. They want him back to charge him with something bigger! moo

DN is a ticking time bomb. Without incarceration, I am not sure there is anything even the best therapist team could do, since we don’t have much research supporting rehabilitation of sex offenders to help them turn around, and to protect the public. Maybe one day.

I have thought this crime started with a stalking opportunity. No way to know that for sure, but that is what I have thought. I agree is seems the perp was out that day with a purpose and prepared. Probably why he hasn’t been caught.

There is the (what seems a long time ago) FBI profilers suggestion of the mix between organized and disorganized killer.

DN was definitely in abusive childhood situation - if not directly him, he was there when it was definitely happening to his siblings. I feel sorry that he couldnt stick with the Marines - they definitely put in the effort to try to keep on a better path -- after his first SC offenses. My guess is after returning from deployment, he started on THC which robbed him of the invaluable self esteem the Marines gave him. That set him on his current path.

Question about DN. There are MSM articles that say he failed to register as a VIOLENT sex offender.

Is that accurate? I thought his sex offenses were non violent.

By THC do you mean marijuana?

As a medical patient and a person who’s done loads of research on the subject, I disagree. Marijuana does not rob you of self esteem.

Maybe those with already low self esteem self medicate with marijuana. It has been shown to calm anxiety and depression. DN has low self esteem, allegedly from being molested by his father and seeing his mother murdered, which I would argue caused him to seek out drugs such as marijuana.

And I can’t blame him. But I respectfully would like to argue that marijuana did not contribute to DN’s issues. He has issues that he self medicated with marijuana, alcohol, and illicit drugs.

In legal states, the military has approved marijuana as a treatment for PTSD. It could be the only thing keeping DN from everyday crime sprees. And I’d much rather see someone like DN on marijuana than alcohol or meth.

DN was definitely in abusive childhood situation - if not directly him, he was there when it was definitely happening to his siblings. I feel sorry that he couldnt stick with the Marines - they definitely put in the effort to try to keep on a better path -- after his first SC offenses. My guess is after returning from deployment, he started on THC which robbed him of the invaluable self esteem the Marines gave him. That set him on his current path.

marijuana robbed him of his self esteem? seems kind of a far reach, isn't marijuana supposed to be helpful for people who suffer PTSD?

I mean i think his personality and his behaviour set him on his path and that you cant blame pot for breaking his wife"s face.

I think DN holds himself in high esteem..to himself, not the pathetic whiny baby he shows to the world out side so he can get sympathy and favors..

Cannot not wait for LE to inform DN that he may have just run out of fools.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members