Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Question for locals and sorry if it's been asked already: What's the area around the "park" like? Any businesses with cameras?

Also, I wonder if the perp used either of their names? That would rule out a chance encounter and could support the idea of a scheduled meeting or at least that he knew they, Abby and Libby, would be there that day.

I don't know.
Even if I was suspicious, when I was 13-14, if an adult said, "Hi, I'm Bob, what's your name?", I would say my name.

No, those pictures are consecutive (in reverse order, actually). You can see his left foot raised and then it plants on the board in front of him (same background all around). No removalof any head covering occurs.

Hmmmm are sure?
I think one is hair on head the next is hoodie.

<modsnip>
Law enforcement stated that they aren't releasing everything they know, that shouldn't be a surprise.

But calling in a bomb threat is against the law
Of course it is. I know it is far-fetched, but it could have been coordinated between LE and the packing plant to let LE come in under the guise of a bomb threat just to get inside and see if anyone working there acted strangely at the presence of law enforcement. It is admittedly far-fetched, but it was a thought I had.

I don't know.
Even if I was suspicious, when I was 13-14, if an adult said, "Hi, I'm Bob, what's your name?", I would say my name.
Right, but I think the tape began before he was actually close enough to talk to them. I believe they have every bit of the exchange recorded.

They have stated they don't believe it to be a chance encounter, I believe. There are reasons they are saying this.

Is this case not being reported nationwide. It sounds like this is only just getting to some people. I just wondered why if this is the case. I would have thought it would have been on every news channel from the day they found the girls and released the pic.

I have seen it on NBC and ABC national news. I am in North Dakota

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It was on good morning America this morning

I from the UK so don't really know the big news channels. I just assumed that picture of the man would have been all over the country the day it was released and the way people were talking didn't sound like it was.

Of course it is. I know it is far-fetched, but it could have been coordinated between LE and the packing plant to let LE come in under the guise of a bomb threat just to get inside and see if anyone working there acted strangely at the presence of law enforcement. It is admittedly far-fetched, but it was a thought I had.

Why wouldn't they just walk in and walk around?

I from the UK so don't really know the big news channels. I just assumed that picture of the man would have been all over the country the day it was released and the way people were talking didn't sound like it was.

It's all over the country. It's on our national news programs daily. And I live across the country

One thing about LE revisiting the area-

They have the video. They know that she began filming him on the bridge. I am guessing that he took control of them in some way on the bridge. With that known, they will be able to hear based on footsteps, when they went from walking on the cross-ties of the bridge, to walking in the leaves. They may also be able to hear if they stepped in water of if the ground changes to to sand. I am betting the video continued through the entire event. This would provide a lot of insight to them as to how fast they were moving through the woods. They can probably analyze the frequency of the footsteps to determine how fast they were walking and they know how tall Abby and Libby are. I really think that video can be used to get them very close to the actual path they walked. Knowing where and how fast they walked can give LE an idea of whether or not he had already chosen the place he was taking them or if he walked them randomly until he found a spot that felt suitable.

Also, I wonder if the perp used either of their names? That would rule out a chance encounter and could support the idea of a scheduled meeting or at least that he knew they, Abby and Libby, would be there that day.

Not ruling out an additional perp is the strangest part of this to me. They have loads of evidence for a crime of this nature. I feel they know for sure whether or not there is an additional person involved in the actual abduction and murders. I believe the phone continued recording after both girls were killed and it should be easy to tell if it is one or more people walking away.
BBM I'm confused as to why they aren't saying one way or another - we believe this individual acted alone or we have reason to believe he had an accomplice.

Possibly there is concern whether a 2nd person was a juvenile, unwilling or unwittingly, at the scene of the crime. jmoo

Why wouldn't they just walk in and walk around?
As soon as they went in, it was all over the news and assumed to be connected to the case. I was thinking that they wouldn't want to give the public and media a reason to suspect they had a suspect at the plant if they were just fishing a bit. It would also draw negative attention to the business.

It was just a hunch I had. Mainly because I couldn't believe some jerk would call a bomb threat into the plant in the area on the heels of such a local tragedy.

Time is the enemy now.

I am quite certain that LE are being inundated with tips. The problem is they need to sort through it all and investigate them. It takes time. It is quite possible that they already have the guy on a list and don't know it yet.

I am sure that any and all CCTV in and out and around Delphi is being examined. Again, it takes time.

This guy is ordinary. He fits into the landscape. We think he's from Indiana because of his voice, his clothes tell us he could be a rural guy or not. He's somewhat middle aged we think. We all know guys who dress like him. He blends in and that makes it really difficult because he could be anyone.

IMO I really think this guy is local. He knows the trails and may even use them frequently. He's probably trying to keep it all together right now and just BE NORMAL.

I have several friends who are LE. They have told me over and over again, that they solve more cases because a woman in a relationship or close to the perp comes forward. They are the ones who notice the slight changes but they question themselves and feel guilty about suspecting their significant other before they come forward. They need time to convince themselves.

Time....it's all about time right now.

MOO

I'm only in this forum because I want to be part of the "popular crowd".............................other than that, I have nothing else to contribute.

You will be notified in writing as soon as you are thoroughly vetted. LOL :happydance:

<modsnip> Children get killed in big cities and small, I think we all know that. This is the first murder that Delphi has had in over 20 years. Crimes like this are rare - we just hear more about things like this than we used to. Part of the reason many people choose to live in rural areas is so their kids have a certain freedom to roam and explore that is not always possible in a more urban setting.
The only way to make 100% sure that your kids are safe is to lock them in the house and never let them out. Of course, if they are locked in the house there is always the danger of fire, home break-ins, slipping in the shower, carbon monoxide leaks, etc..
IMO, it's not naive or unreasonable to allow kids a certain amount of age-appropriate, place-appropriate freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes