GUILTY IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, Disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #2 **arrest**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Poor defenceless Aleah. I hope the find leads to whoever took her being convicted.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

As a parent of a beautiful little girl with special needs, I am sick. I had a feeling sweet Aleah wouldn't be found alive, but the reality still hits me like a ton of bricks. Now hoping for justice for her. And that EVERYONE involved, and/or covering, is punished at the highest extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll reattach the map photo here and I added a marker of where they were searching last night. Eerily close to where I wondered if they had searched. Woodland Park apartments are low income housing, the most expensive apartment they offer is a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom with all utilities included for $895 and they accept Section 8. As you can imagine, that draws in the more unsavory folks in town, just like the ridiculously cheap house rentals in Jimtown bring in the same type of people. I wouldn't doubt that Cara has buddies living at Woodland Park apartments and I wouldn't doubt that they're bad news.

View attachment 101784

Also, wanted to add that they searched/flyered Woodland Park quite soon after Aleah disappeared according to my timeline. Also, it's been noted that searchers have been told to avoid the South side of Evansville which this area would fall into. They cited TES telling them that it's unsafe but I'm not so sure. Could be that someone told TES that it's unsafe to keep them away from the crime scene...

Quoting myself here to point something out (bolded text). Her body was definitely found on the South side. Definitely makes me think those responsible in her death were involved in the searches.

Oh sweet Jesus. :cry:

Godspeed Aleah :angel:

Aleah, I am so sorry you were abused and treated like trash.
Trash, you are not, the adults in your short life, the ones who were supposed to love and
protect you are no better than the catsick I scrape off the floor.

You are free of constraints and abuse, beautiful & sweet Aleah. Fly high sweet Angel, you are loved more now in death than you were alive. :candle:
We will never forget you and justice I pray, is swift and forever.

Oh my goodness this is so upsetting. Reality just hit the fan.

So sad. I was working in Evansville during the time she was reported missing and during the early weeks of the search.

Even though I pretty much suspected it wouldn't be a good outcome I was hoping somehow she would be found alive and well.

Only the lowest of low would do something like this to a disabled child. Absolutely sickening.

Quoting myself here to point something out (bolded text). Her body was definitely found on the South side. Definitely makes me think those responsible in her death were involved in the searches.

I have to agree. At the time, I just assumed it was due to all the gang and drug activity there, and concern for the safety of the searchers. I grew up in this area. My parents live less than 2 blocks from where her remains were found. I am so sad for this girl and any of her family who weren't involved in what happened to her. RIP Aleah!

Oh our poor baby girl. This is so horrible. I really hope there will be justice for Aleah. You won't be forgotten. Xo

I feel so sick knowing all the fun the family had this summer at water parks and such. All while baby girl was rotting away. Sick.

I have to agree. At the time, I just assumed it was due to all the gang and drug activity there, and concern for the safety of the searchers. I grew up in this area. My parents live less than 2 blocks from where her remains were found. I am so sad for this girl and any of her family who weren't involved in what happened to her. RIP Aleah!

How far is her house from where she was found?

I read 2 miles, but don't have a link because I've been reading everything I can everywhere

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;847149268087586823]https://twitter.com/ErinMeyer14News/status/847149268087586823[/video]

WFIE will be streaming live at http://www.14news.com/.

Evansville is in the Central Time Zone (current time: 1:46 PM)

I think someone known to the family put her there but it's not the families fault they knew someone so cruel. Her mom may have a shady past but still has every sympathy from me right now. I feel so so sorry for Aleahs siblings this must be the most horrible thing to go through.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

oh wow, that is not far. last question when is the press conference.

Just some updates. All BBM:

"Autopsy Underway on Body Found in Vacant House"
Posted: Mar 29, 2017 09:49 AM CDT
Updated: Mar 29, 2017 09:49 AM CDT
"An autopsy is underway on a body that was found inside a home on Evansville's south side.

Evansville Police said they received a call Monday night about a body found at a vacant house on South Bedford Ave."
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/new...erway-on-body-found-in-vacant-house/682390301

"Investigation continues after decomposed body found inside vacant home"
Published: Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 10:17 pm EDT
Updated: Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 10:17 pm EDT
"More than 24 hours later, police are still parked out front of a vacant home in the 1600 block of South Bedford Avenue.

According to police, a decomposed body was found inside late Monday.
Evansville police have been protecting the front and back entrances to the house where that body was found.

How did police even know to search this house?
We also wanted to know what else they found and if they think this could be missing Evansville teen Aleah Beckerle.

Officer Smith said there is no way to know until the autopsy.

'Just like with any investigation that we have going on, if there's any activity that they see, we always encourage people to say something if they see something, that's what we have to go on at this time,' Officer Smith explained."
http://www.14news.com/story/3501904...fter-decomposed-body-found-inside-vacant-home
ETA: I am now watching the video from the article, and the male reporter says many neighbors have told him that since the body has been found, officers have been asking them if they have smelled or heard anything strange specifically since June or July of last year. He also says while LE has told him it is normal, he has covered many death investigations and cannot remember one where the police were on the scene for over 24 hours.

"Neighbors react to decomposing body found in Evansville home"
Published: Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 8:24 pm EDT
Updated: Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 8:44 pm EDT
"Social media erupted when news broke that Evansville police found a decomposing body inside a house on the 1600 block of South Bedford Ave.
The McDowell's, who say they have lived right across the street from the home for decades, tell us they are concerned with the number of blighted homes in the area, saying it invites more crime.

Wesley McDowell told us this isn't the first time police have checked out the home.

'The police have been there countless occasions--drug activity. Because, they sneak in the back, and they know we'll call in on them. It's not their (police) first rodeo going into that house,' Wesley said.
'That house been abandoned over six to seven years, and I been here for two and a half,' [Doris] Mathis, [who lives several doors down from the blighted house] said. 'So, I never seen nobody living there, walking in there, or going, or coming out.'

Our crews watched as EPD detectives went door to door asking neighbors what they've seen. One neighbor told us the detective specifically asked him if he had seen anything with that house since June of last year
...."
http://www.14news.com/story/35018527/neighbors-react-to-decomposing-body-found-in-evansville-home

Observations:

Hmm ...: So did someone randomly stumble upon a body and call LE at that point, or did LE decide to search the house upon receiving a tip/getting a lead?

2. "'Just like with any investigation that we have going on, if there's any activity that they see, we always encourage people to say something if they see something, that's what we have to go on at this time,' Officer Smith explained."
The over-thinker in me wonders ...: Does the officer mean there already was an existing investigation and that someone said something about the body in the course of their investigation?

The timing of this discovery is somewhat interesting, too, in that it was only last Thursday that DW and DR were sentenced for the roles they played in the beating/false confession scheme. I thought perhaps James Wilson got mad (he was sentenced to one year in jail ... a much harsher sentence than what the women got) in the last couple of days and decided to spill the beans, but according to vinelink, he is no longer in custody ... :thinking: (DR is still in custody at Vanderburgh County Jail, serving her 105-day jail sentence).
"Evansville man pleads guilty to role in false-confession beating"
http://www.daily-times.com/story/ne...uilty-role-false-confession-beating/93162464/
"Woman pleads guilty to role in false-confession beating"
http://www.daily-times.com/story/ne...uilty-role-false-confession-beating/98352654/

I've

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova