GUILTY IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, Disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #2 **arrest**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
those kids didnt stand a chance living with their "mother" i hope the sister is somewhere safe from all this drug crap

Just went to the court site - here's what it has:

05/10/2018
Hearing Journal Entry
State by PA, N Hermann and K McDaniel. Deft in person, in custody and by counsel, G Grampp. Hearing held. G Grampp withdraws his Motion filed 5-7-2018. Court orders Motion withdrawn. Motion will remain on CCS as a confidential document due to the fact that it contains confidential information. Trial date of 5-21-2018 is affirmed. RJP/lai
Judicial Officer:
Pigman, Robert J

05/21/2018
Jury Trial
Session:
05/21/2018 8:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Pigman, Robert J

Just went to the court site - here's what it has:

05/10/2018
Hearing Journal Entry
State by PA, N Hermann and K McDaniel. Deft in person, in custody and by counsel, G Grampp. Hearing held. G Grampp withdraws his Motion filed 5-7-2018. Court orders Motion withdrawn. Motion will remain on CCS as a confidential document due to the fact that it contains confidential information. Trial date of 5-21-2018 is affirmed. RJP/lai
Judicial Officer:
Pigman, Robert J

05/21/2018
Jury Trial
Session:
05/21/2018 8:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Pigman, Robert J

Yep, just saw that. I wonder what that attorney was thinking, guess he realized he couldn't win or something? Still very strange.

I wonder if the request to withdraw was for some sort of personal reason? Pending divorce, death in the family or some other traumatic thing?

I guess we'll never know.

I wonder if the request to withdraw was for some sort of personal reason? Pending divorce, death in the family or some other traumatic thing?

I guess we'll never know.

Yeah, could be that, the info on doxpop does say "Motion will remain on CCS as a confidential document due to the fact that it contains confidential information" so maybe there was something personal going on but who knows for sure.

Well, it looks like he changed his mind...

Court documents: Attorney for Terrence Roach changed mind, will stay on the case
http://www.14news.com/story/3816310...ence-roach-changed-mind-will-stay-on-the-case

EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) -
We have new information on the murder trial of the man accused of killing Aleah Beckerle.

The defense attorney of Terrence Roach, Glenn Grampp, will stay with the case.
[.....]
According to court documents, Grampp filed a motion to withdraw on Monday. He decided to withdraw the motion Thursday (5/10/18) in court.
[.....]
The trial is still scheduled to begin on May 21.

Omg I just found out that Aleah is....? Who did it? I say the mother and/grandmother. How sad! Rip Baby girl you will not be forgotten.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SMG using Tapatalk

and since WS will be down on Monday....

Monday, May 21st:
*Trial set to begin (@ 8am CT) - IN - Aleah Beckerle (19) disabled (July 16, 2016) - Terrence Wayne Roach indicted (7/17/16) on 3 counts of felony murder, burglary w/bodily harm, criminal confinement, abuse of corpse & kidnapping from home & taken to abandoned home; plead not guilty; no bond.

I have no twitter people who post on this case. If anyone finds one or two - I can copy/paste/save for this case from Monday to Wed. the 23rd when we are down. And can post what happened on those days for you all on the 24th!

:online:

and since WS will be down on Monday....

Monday, May 21st:
*Trial set to begin (@ 8am CT) - IN - Aleah Beckerle (19) disabled (July 16, 2016) - Terrence Wayne Roach indicted (7/17/16) on 3 counts of felony murder, burglary w/bodily harm, criminal confinement, abuse of corpse & kidnapping from home & taken to abandoned home; plead not guilty; no bond.

I have no twitter people who post on this case. If anyone finds one or two - I can copy/paste/save for this case from Monday to Wed. the 23rd when we are down. And can post what happened on those days for you all on the 24th!

:online:

I vaguely remember a couple of these local reporters tweeting details from the case in the past:

https://twitter.com/Lauren14news

https://twitter.com/HillarySimonTV

https://twitter.com/Paige14News

EPD's Brent Melton has been the lead detective in the case. He was the first witness to take the stand shortly after 1 p.m.

Detective Melton told the jury he had been to Aleah's home on East Iowa Street a month prior to her disappearance because Roach's father had fired a gun inside the home. He said that incident made him aware of Aleah's physical and mental abilities, as well as the layout of the home.

http://www.14news.com/story/38238649/first-witness-in-terrence-roach-murder-trials-takes-the-stand

Here's another article.

Jury selected on first day of Terrence Roach trial
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/new...-first-day-of-terrence-roach-trial/1190806232

In just a few hours Monday, the jury was selected for the murder trial of Terrence Roach.
[.....]
First day of the trial

In day one of what could be a week of testimony and deliberation at the Vanderburgh County Courts Building, the case of Aleah Beckerle could get some closure.

The jury was seated with nine men and three women.

Lawyers gave opening statements 30 minutes before lunch.

The judge told the jury he hopes the trial is over by Friday.
[.....]
The start of testimony got underway Monday.

Evansville Police Detective Brent Melton devoted eight months to the investigation.

His interview with Roach was played for the jury.

The interview features a confession from Roach.

While we are shutdown - I can go back to the twitters that are listed and copy/paste/save until we come on the 24th and post them, if you would like - ?? :online:

Court the Indiana court site:

Motions filed by the State:

05/21/2018 Motion In Limine Filed Motion in Limine Regarding Polygraph

05/21/2018 Motion In Limine Filed Motion in Limine Regarding Jury Nullification

05/21/2018 Motion In Limine Filed Motion in Limine Regarding Penalties

05/21/2018 Motion In Limine Filed Motion in Limine Rape Shield

5/21/2018 Witness and/or Exhibit List Filed State's Witness List

Here are the tweets from Monday, May 21st:

Kate O'Rourke
@Kate14News
·
17h
We’re going back in the courtroom after a short recess to continue the jury selection process for Terrence Roach’s trial. He is charged with the 2016 murder of 19 year old Aleah Beckerle. I’ll be here bringing you updates on @14News

Roach is here with his attorney Glenn Gramp. Gramp is asking potential jurors if they will have an open mind to consider all of the evidence. He asks if they only hear the detail that Roach is charged with Beckerle’s murder will they be able to be fair & partial to Roach. @14News

Jury selection is complete. @14News

We’re expecting to start the trial shortly after 11 with the first witness after lunch. Jury selection took less than 3 hours. @14News

Jury selected in Terrence Roach murder trial. @Kate14News is in the courtroom to keep us updated >> (link: https://buff.ly/2GDaxdK) buff.ly/2GDaxdK

Less than 3 hours after jury selection began this morning, the bench is set. The trial is expected to start shortly after 11 with witnesses taking the stand after lunch. Stick with me and @14News for updates through the entire trial.

12 jurors, 2 alternates. The judge just finished going over all the juror obligations. The state just started by addressing the jury with the first opening statement. @14News

The State wrapped up its opening statements. It contained the timeline of events that lead them to the 7 charges against Roach. Roach’s attorney begins his statements with “If it was that simple we wouldn’t be here.” @14News

We’re breaking for lunch. The trial is expected to resume around 1 p.m. @14News

they will all be from: https://twitter.com/14News/timelines/998638564320731136?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Kate O'Rourke
@Kate14News
·
14h
Court is back in session. The judge has called for a few issues to be settled before the jury has brought back in. We’re waiting to learn what those issues are. @Beth14News is with me. Get the latest updates from us on @14News

The State’s witness list has 32 people on it expected to testify over the course of the trial. 21 of the witnesses are with EPD. We also expect to hear from the ISP lab as well as family of both Roach and Beckerle. We expect the first witness to speak this afternoon. @14News

EPD Det. Brent Melton will be the state’s first witness. He has been the lead detective in the case. @14News

Beth Sweeney
@Beth14News
·
14h
Technical issues in court. Moved to another courtroom. Now discussing cell phone conversation on detective’s phone between Roach and his mother.

Jury arriving. Follow me and @Kate14News for updates.

EPD Detective Brent Melton called to stand.

Melton: Recalls getting the call to report to East Iowa Street a month before Aleah was first reported missing for shots fired call.

Melton: Now describing July 2016 call to Iowa Street home when Aleah was reported missing.

Kate O'Rourke
@Kate14News
·
13h
Det. Melton started with that he had been to Beckerle’s home on E Iowa St. just a month prior to her disappearance. Roach’s father had fired shots in the house. That incident made Melton aware of Beckerle’s physical and mental abilities as well as the layout of the house. @14News

Beth Sweeney
@Beth14News
·
13h
Melton discussing numerous leads they followed up on in Aleah’s disappearance. Thousands of calls, several searches.

Melton says seven bodies were found during searches for Aleah, two of those in Evansville. Others found in region.

Melton: says he learned about remains in S. Bedford home while conducting jail interview. Got search warrant and found what was later identified as Aleah’s body upstairs on mattress.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back