GUILTY IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, Disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #2 **arrest**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Article from Courier & Press with some quotes from Aleah's mom and grandma

http://www.courierpress.com/story/n...ks-out-still-missing-aleah-beckerle/89971580/

Couple of new pieces of information and interesting quotes.

According to Cara Beckerle, Aleah recently had a medical procedure to cut down on her seizures, so she might be okay without medicine.

Cara Beckerle thinks she’s the investigators’ primary suspect but insists someone kidnapped Aleah from her home.

“They keep coming back to me. ‘Are you sure there’s nothing you wanna tell us, Cara Beckerle?’” she said.

“We can’t sit here and say ‘oh she was a burden’ or ‘she was hard to take care of’,” said LaRue, standing in Aleah’s bedroom. “Sure, there was times when, you know, but after 19 years of doing this—”

OMG, there are so many statements by Cara in that article that suggest she's not being honest, and knows Aleah is deceased. Combine that with the Child Neglect charge she had in 2007, and yeah, we all know what happened. Now it's just a matter of time before the PD find Aleah's body, or Cara talks.

Very interesting article, indeed! Thanks Jessarox.

With zero answers, all the family has is hope. LaRue said she believes God will bring Aleah back in his own time. It’s going to happen.

“We really feel like we’re going to get her back. Right?” she asked Cara Beckerle, sitting on the couch in the living room a few feet away. “We do.”

Beckerle broke eye contact and looked at the ceiling and wall, not as sure. A few seconds late, she agreed, not as adamant as LaRue.

“I do. Yeah,” she said. “But. Sometimes I don’t.”

More quietly: “Most of the time I do. Yes.”

http://www.courierpress.com/story/n...ks-out-still-missing-aleah-beckerle/89971580/

Is this the first time we're hearing of this medical procedure Aleah had that might help with her seizures?! I don't remember that being said before. And it makes my hinky meter redline because if it is new information why would it NOT have been mentioned before?? Like oh she might be ok without her medication, that up until now we were led to believe she absolutely could not live without.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the first time we're hearing of this medical procedure Aleah had that might help with her seizures?! I don't remember that being said before. And it makes my hinky meter redline because if it is new information why would it NOT have been mentioned before?? Like oh she might be ok without her medication, that up until now we were led to believe she absolutely could not live without.

MOO

Definitely the first time we're hearing of this. Makes me wonder if the pregnancy theory might be viable. She might disappear for awhile and then come back miraculously after giving birth somewhere else. Would certainly explain some things like them being hesitant to put this case in national media and the story being so odd and also the police asking Cara if she is sure she doesn't have anything to tell them...

First I have heard of this procedure and that now daily medication may not be needed.

Initial reports made a big deal about the seizures and daily medication needs.

-------

Aleah has limited speech capabilities and requires seizure medication http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aleah-beckerle-missing_us_579b9603e4b08a8e8b5df1b8

Police said Beckerle uses a wheel chair and is totally dependent on family care. She requires medication and suffers from severe seizures. http://archive.courierpress.com/new...ating-missing-19-year-old-girl-387179111.html

https://www.facebook.com/EvansvillePoliceDept/posts/1382633325087272:0

The missing woman is almost immobile, her grandmother Lydia LaRue said earlier, and requires constant care and daily medication. http://archive.courierpress.com/new...af-ffa4-2c0b-e053-0100007f693d-388033902.html

Her wheelchair and daily medication, meant to help control severe seizures, were left behind, according to police. http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...-missing-disabled-teen-aleah-beckerle-n616361

There are many many more. Not one makes mention of this recent procedure or suggests this young woman is not in serious need of daily medication to control what are termed as "SEVERE" seizures.

In regards to the Courier & Press article, Cara says she thinks she's the primary suspect. If that's the case then I wish EPD would come out and say it already but I think they are keeping it hush hush until they have enough evidence to arrest her. People are angry at her already and police might believe she'd be in danger if she were publicly named as a suspect or even a person of interest in the case.

Have any of the articles or interviews ever specified what medications she was on for seizures?
Nope, but someone related to this case had a probation violation for testing positive for a prescription drug used for seizures. A lot of seizure medications are controlled narcotics. There are some others that are not, but will show up on certain drug tests, such as depakote.

She may have been on Neurontin, which is an anti-seizure medication, or something similar. Neurontin is still readily abused though because of it's side-effects. But yeah, it's clear that Cara was doing Benzos.

Definitely the first time we're hearing of this. Makes me wonder if the pregnancy theory might be viable. She might disappear for awhile and then come back miraculously after giving birth somewhere else. Would certainly explain some things like them being hesitant to put this case in national media and the story being so odd and also the police asking Cara if she is sure she doesn't have anything to tell them...

Jessarox. Great point! I keep forgetting (or purposely blocking) the possibility of a pregnancy. Ugh, it's just so vile to consider, but with all the weirdness going on in those surrounding Aleah, in some icky way it could answer some questions.

Plus as other people have mentioned, why would her caregivers after 19 years suddenly find caring for Aleah too much? This could explain that

Pure speculation and MOO

Sadly, I don't think Aleah is pregnant, and I don't think she's alive. I have extensive experience in both Forensic Interviewing; Cara has referred to Aleah several times as though she's not ever coming home. In addition, she doesn't show any emotion - in this interview, you'll hear her say at the very beginning, "let's just get it over with; I don't want to sit here a whole lot longer than I have to" - and she almost has a smile on her face. At times through the interview her body language is almost mocking, and at one point Cara even laughs - then you see Cara ask her cousin to plead for help to find Aleah, and you can hear the genuine emotion and sadness in her cousin's voice (but Cara just sits there). If my daughter were missing, I'd want all the time the news would give me, and I would be begging and pleading and sobbing for her return. Cara most decidedly knows what happened to Aleah - and she's confident enough that the police are not going to find the body. [video=youtube;4Yv7F9xrsWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yv7F9xrsWw[/video]

Have any of the articles or interviews ever specified what medications she was on for seizures?

I'm asking because of this case against Cara. Isn't benzodiazapine used for seizures or am I confusing that with another med?

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...UYzNNelF3TmpFeE1Ua3dPamt3TURreU9UZ3haR1U9In19

klonopin and valium are both benzos and can be used in seizure disorders. Ativan and Xanax are also benzos, but I never remember ever giving a patient either of those two for a seizure. If a patient was in active seizure, some docs would have Valium IM ordered to help stop the seizure. IIRC, typically Dilantin, Phenobarbital, etc were ordered to attempt to keep the person from having the seizure and klonopin and valium were as needed if a patient DID have a seizure despite taking the other meds.

I have no idea why type seizure disorder Aleah has. Have no idea what procedure she could have had that would stop her seizures, and if true, why it was never mentioned until now.

I do wonder who watched the kids while Cara was in court, jail, and the hospital....so far no one in media has stated. I only saw one post on SM prior to Aleah missing that stated they were spending the morning with Aleah, and it was a day or two days before Aleah was gone.

I think that article was teh first time I've seen anything saying Aleah could crawl and roll over as well. Interesting that if those are true, there didn't appear to be bedrails, or protective mattresses on the floor beside the bed in case Aleah crawled or rolled out of bed. As another thought, if Aleah had grandmal seizure activity, her body could thrash and cause her to fall out of bed. But I have no idea why type of seizure disorder Aleah has, or how her seizures manifested in her, even though when reported missing it was stated "severe seizure disorder" which IMO wouldn't be focal seizures, or staring into space, or slight twitching.

:thinking:I stand my first thoughts after seeing Cara in an interview.....Shamika Young....maybe sweet Aleah is in Georgia with sweet Relisha, attending that doctor's conference the janitor was going to.....or maybe Aleah is enjoying the horses at Nan's house that Erica Parsons lives at....or with Zanny the Nanny at Disney.... SMH!!! :gaah:

I don't get these cases. If you're going to lie to me, at least make it believable. I just can't deal with the stupid lies that everyone can tell is a lie. I guess maybe it's a mental disorder, and I should feel bad for someone with a mental disorder....but lieing about a missing child....I don't have the sympathy, empathy nor patience to deal with it. Tell the darn truth!

Get some courage and come forth with TRUTH!

What if someone used all Aleah's meds for seizures themselves, Aleah had a seizure and there were no meds to combat it. Would that kill her?

Cara is arrogant and confident at this point; she thinks she knows more than the Police. I can bet the PD are working on this case 24/7, and once they have a modicum of direct evidence of what happened they will interview Cara. She's very, very cocky, which leads me to believe that Aleah's body is a distance from her home, and concealed well.

There was a man here in Chicago a couple of weeks ago who died from a seizure - he didn't have his medication. So obviously it is not unheard-of.

What if someone used all Aleah's meds for seizures themselves, Aleah had a seizure and there were no meds to combat it. Would that kill her?

klonopin and valium are both benzos and can be used in seizure disorders. Ativan and Xanax are also benzos, but I never remember ever giving a patient either of those two for a seizure. If a patient was in active seizure, some docs would have Valium IM ordered to help stop the seizure. IIRC, typically Dilantin, Phenobarbital, etc were ordered to attempt to keep the person from having the seizure and klonopin and valium were as needed if a patient DID have a seizure despite taking the other meds.

I have no idea why type seizure disorder Aleah has. Have no idea what procedure she could have had that would stop her seizures, and if true, why it was never mentioned until now.

I do wonder who watched the kids while Cara was in court, jail, and the hospital....so far no one in media has stated. I only saw one post on SM prior to Aleah missing that stated they were spending the morning with Aleah, and it was a day or two days before Aleah was gone.

Well we know someone who keeps Xanax in the house:

Roach later reportedly told investigators that he was having a schizophrenic episode and was also under the influence of Adderall and Xanax at the time of the incident. Police wrote in the arrest affidavit that investigators believe Roach fired the gun three times upstairs in the Beckerle home and twice downstairs. One of those shots struck a door frame that was "a short distance away from" Aleah Beckerle, police wrote.

http://archive.courierpress.com/new...eba9a-9aca-77ed-e053-0100007fb-387969662.html

"Are you sure there’s nothing you wanna tell us, Cara Beckerle?"

Yeah, I think we're all asking the same question. :thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova