IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a terminally-ill 5 year old & when I went to the mortuary to pre-pay his cremation expenses, I signed paperwork for a bunch of forms that will have to be filed. The statement of death sent to Social Security does have to be sent within 10 days of death, but the mortician can cremate a body immediately without waiting for the SS to receive that statement. I was told my son will be cremated about 48 hours after the mortuary receives his body.

Hope that helps.

Joshiesmom, I am so very very sorry. Bless you for trusting us with your very sad and difficult circumstances. Please know that I am sending love and prayers for your strength. Please take care of yourself and allow others to take care of you also. You and your child will be carried gently in my heart.

Warning: May not be related, but worth looking into....
Since this article does not name any victims, I assume it is OK to post. If not, mods please delete.

I don't have time to sleuth this just now, but it really does sound like it might be related. This article was published on December 7, so the timing is kind of strange, but it goes along with the theory that this family is a den of abuse. It looks like this abuse took place in Scott County, Iowa. I am not sure how this relates geographically to where Aliahna lived or visited in Iowa.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime...cle_8576ef0e-2152-11e1-9310-001871e3ce6c.html

Please let me know if anybody cares to check into this and what you have found.

I am a little behind here so if this has been mentioned, please disregard.

I read through the comments associated with the above-mentioned article.

The mother's name is stated within those comments.

It is not Aliahna's mother.

Thanks... I wasn't trying to make anyone feel badly. Honest!

In the other forum, where we can talk about ourselves, I'll share the link to my son's caringbridge page for anyone who might want to know what's going on with him.

And that's the last I'll talk about myself rather than Aliaha in this forum. Thanks, Mods, for indulging this post, and thanks, fellow posters, for caring/praying. I appreciate that.

Oh, please, please don't censor yourself about this very important aspect of your life! Of course it's going to come up!

We all value the freedom to speak our minds here at WS. God knows we discuss the most unfathomably painful topics here; it's what we do. And it comes from compassion and concern.

Please do allow your fellow Sleuthers to offer their compassion and concern, too, for you and your little boy. Don't ever hesitate to express yourself. We want to hear you.

Remember though when this all first broke, it was reported that LE had a dumpster taped off with yellow tape. A poster here even said, OH NO, what is it with dumpsters. Then it was later stated by LE or in some report that the dumpster was of no value and the tape was removed. I think once they saw him getting the cigar on camera, then taped that dumpster off, I doubt they just glanced in and saw no human body and just said oh okay, nothing here. They probably combed through that dumpster and found enough to pin it on him right then. Hence also calling off the search. They could have already gathered a lot of evidence out of that dumpster b/c they would have also looked for clothing, rags, etc etc. I think what was saw Monday night with the dumpster being removed is to hang onto that dumpster to preserve further dna. But I bet, they did find everything they needed to lead to MP when they first put the yellow tape around the dumpster. There was even a picture of the dumpster with the tape on it within a day of the search starting. If I'm wrong, then let me know. So much to keep up with this case.

I do remember that, just can't remember where in the time line that was. Sounds logical though.

Well tomorrow should be a "telling day". He has a court appearance in which the charges will go on record - which mean we should, at the least, know more about the crime.

Has anyone seen any local affiliate or any national channel (CNN, HLN, FOX) that has said they will be streaming? Does IN allow cameras in the courtroom? What time is his appearance scheduled?

Nope, no cameras in the courtroom in Indiana, we may get to see a perp walk but since this is such a high profile case I doubt it. I would go but my kids are out of school.

Warning: Not for the faint of heart.

I think this dude had help. If you think of how long it would take to hacksaw up a 41 pound child into tiny pieces that are put into freezer bags, then you know for sure, that is going to take an awful long time and the body will be thawed long before the sawing if finished. Plus think of how hard it is to saw up even a frozen 20 pound turkey. I've never done it, but it would take some time if frozen. I hope LE is taking apart his drain pipes from his bath tub and sinks because I would think there would be a lot of blood evidence. But then again, is there much blood from a deceased frozen body?? I'm not an ME so I wouldn't know. I just think somebody helped him in some way and I felt that way from the start. JMO and speculation.

I think LE was on to him from the start and that's why the searches were publicly suspended~maybe they found remains in the dumpster and had him on video at the Convenience store? They were putting pressure on and believed they could break him. My fear is though his confession is part of a plea to avoid the DP. jmo

Yep, I think he will plea out.

Karen Richards caved on Simon Rios and let him plea out for life in prison after he killed 3 of his family members after he abducted a girl from the bus stop, took her to Delaware Co., raped, killed and dumped her. He then hung himself in his prison cell, I was happy my taxes don't have to pay to house the anymore. Look up how many times Indiana sentences someone to death and how many people are on death row. Not very often and not very many. We are too conservative and dp cases are very costly.

Aug. 31 - Rios pleads guilty to four counts of murder and two counts of moving bodies after a suspicious death. In return, Allen County prosecutors drop the death penalty and offer him life in prison without parole.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081010/NEWS/810100340

Hi all -I haven't heard or read anything since hearing about this poor child yesterday on my way home from work. But I had a couple of thoughts to put out there. This poor child, may she rest in peace. I hope it was a swift ending, and that she did not enure suffering.

The following are all monster crimes, imo -but I find it to be a huge leap to go from being on the run for assault, to sex offender -to a murderer, to a murdering, dismembering monster. I wonder how many other missing women and children lay in his path, from Florida to NC to IN? I hope the police review the details and look for connections, and possibly are able to solve other missing person crimes.

My instinct tells me that he was sexually abusing her, and she said she would tell, thus met her fate.

I pray for all the other children involved and hope they are swiftly sent far, far away from the he** hole, and the so-called parents that raise them.

I checked out his FB page, too creepy and gross (profile pics -like you might see on those former "adult relationship" craigslist area that was shut down. -he's a gamer, with mostly women ("fake" profiles) friends...other gamers -the game seemed to be Castle Age. I wonder how violent that is.

Karen Richards caved on Simon Rios and let him plea out for life in prison after he killed 3 of his family members after he abducted a girl from the bus stop, took her to Delaware Co., raped, killed and dumped her. He then hung himself in his prison cell, I was happy my taxes don't have to pay to house the anymore. Look up how many times Indiana sentences someone to death and how many people are on death row. Not very often and not very many. We are too conservative and dp cases are very costly.

Aug. 31 - Rios pleads guilty to four counts of murder and two counts of moving bodies after a suspicious death. In return, Allen County prosecutors drop the death penalty and offer him life in prison without parole.

Personally, I'm neither for or against the death penalty but my thinking has always been, sometimes a sentence of death is just way too easy of a way out and the perp should have to live out the rest of his life locked up to think about what he did and let it torment him. But I realize that most of these cold blooded killers never feel any kind of torment unless they find God in prison and we know that statistics say, people that would have never found God, somehow seem to find him once they are in prison, but that's all I'll comment on religion and evil murderers.

Yep, I fear the same. Zahra Baker's stepmom did the same and ended up w/14-18 years, or something. Disgusting. But, she only gave LE the locations of the remains AFTER the plea bargain was signed, sealed, and delivered.

When would that paperwork be released? Would it be included at the probable cause hearing? If he did accept a plea offer, most likely it was before he led them to the body. At this point, why would the prosecution offer him a plea bargain? They have their evidence, and a confession. Just curious.

I have a terminally-ill 5 year old & when I went to the mortuary to pre-pay his cremation expenses, I signed paperwork for a bunch of forms that will have to be filed. The statement of death sent to Social Security does have to be sent within 10 days of death, but the mortician can cremate a body immediately without waiting for the SS to receive that statement. I was told my son will be cremated about 48 hours after the mortuary receives his body.

Hope that helps.

((((((((joshiesmom)))))))))) Thank you for sharing. I can't begin to imagine how you must feel reading these cases, which could be preventable if a child's parent(s) excersized due caution. When parents like yourself would do anything to have a choice to change the outcome.

I will keep you and your son in our prayers. God bless you for being here and being a voice for Aliahna. Your son is blessed to have a mom like you.

Hugs~
Cubby

Yep, I fear the same. Zahra Baker's stepmom did the same and ended up w/14-18 years, or something. Disgusting. But, she only gave LE the locations of the remains AFTER the plea bargain was signed, sealed, and delivered.

When would that paperwork be released? Would it be included at the probable cause hearing? If he did accept a plea offer, most likely it was before he led them to the body. At this point, why would the prosecution offer him a plea bargain? They have their evidence, and a confession. Just curious.

I don't think the prosecution would offer him a plea bargain at this time, too early, just speculating and giving an example of what I think will happen right before he goes to trial. That is just the way the ball bounces around here, I've seen it many a time. JMO

speaking of ss checks, i notice lemmon died the same day he received one. would that check be expected to go back to ss or would mp be able to keed the cash from that one?

I receive social security disability checks each month. I was told that if I pass away after I receive my monthly check then my family would be responsible for returning that month's check to the SSA.

Social security checks are sent out a month behind--meaning that a check received in December is for benefits due in November.

Since JL died on December 3rd, the SSA would have pro-rated his check and his estate would have only been entitled to keep benefits pro-rated for 3 days worth of benefits for the month of December. The family, or estate, could be fined or imprisoned for failing to return the remainder of the December benefit check.

This is how it was explained to me.

Hi all -I haven't heard or read anything since hearing about this poor child yesterday on my way home from work. But I had a couple of thoughts to put out there. This poor child, may she rest in peace. I hope it was a swift ending, and that she did not enure suffering.

The following are all monster crimes, imo -but I find it to be a huge leap to go from being on the run for assault, to sex offender -to a murderer, to a murdering, dismembering monster. I wonder how many other missing women and children lay in his path, from Florida to NC to IN? I hope the police review the details and look for connections, and possibly are able to solve other missing person crimes.

My instinct tells me that he was sexually abusing her, and she said she would tell, thus met her fate.

I pray for all the other children involved and hope they are swiftly sent far, far away from the he** hole, and the so-called parents that raise them.

I checked out his FB page, too creepy and gross (profile pics -like you might see on those former "adult relationship" craigslist area that was shut down. -he's a gamer, with mostly women ("fake" profiles) friends...other gamers -the game seemed to be Castle Age. I wonder how violent that is.

BBM

I noticed, too, that he was into the role playing games. Zahra Baker's stepmom was also. Made me wonder since both little girls were dismembered.

You are not the only one. I have thought the exact same thing. I suspect what really happened is much more heinous. :(

Well he might as well 'fess up because to my way of thinking, there's not much more heinous than cutting someone up. :maddening:

How long does one have to serve in the military to retire from the military?

And is the youngest, about 3 yrs old, the child of both TS and AS?

After seeing Aliahna's step dads retirement photo's, and what I believe to be a child of his and TS's, I'm left with two thoughts. Either his military experience served as a false sense of security in this trailer park or something far more sinister than has previously been discussed is going on here. :sigh: :(

JMO

[/B]

BBM

I noticed, too, that he was into the role playing games. Zahra Baker's stepmom was also. Made me wonder since both little girls were dismembered.

Potentially OT and at the risk of offending anyone... Perhaps the attraction to "role play" for soul less child murderers is an attempt to establish A) an identity they've never has or B) an identity far preferable to their sick, soul less reality.

I really don't like plea bargains. I think if you murder a child, especially a crime as heinous as this one, you should die. Utah had the right idea about firing squads, as did Oklahoma; now they are not used. I think for MP the DP should be that he is welded into a dumpster with lots of rats and maggots and chum, one way or another he isn't getting out.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/methods-execution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member