IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MPs FB page has been taken down, apparently, as I can no longer access it at all.

I believe the police should look at everything..they suddenly want to get rid of. Who know's maybe there is another child in some of that trash!

Well isn't that just dandy! Listen people, those kids are getting Welfare I'm sure and they get a state medicaid card. Any thing they need will be covered..they even pay them mileage to go back and forth to doctors.

I would not contribute ANYTHING to this family because I don't feel IMHO that they could manage a ball of thread correctly.

Interesting they are "cleaning up" around the ole trailer all of a sudden. What you wanna bet they are getting ready for CPS or they are going to try to get the kids back if they've been taken. IMHO this mother does NOT need anything in her care custody and control. She is a neglectful mother obviously in her decisions.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you wrote. Cannot agree strongly enough, in fact. My heart hurts for Aliahna, but I think her family profiting in any way from her death is disgusting. No way would I contribute a penny to paying for expenses for them.

MPs FB page has been taken down, apparently, as I can no longer access it at all.

It's my understanding that Facebook co-operated with a request to have it taken down by a bloke who thought it inappropriate that it stay up with pictures of Aliahna on it. Not sure if I'm allowed to paste the link so if you want to see what I'm talking about go to the latest blog by Marinade Dave, he can be googled, the readers comment is about halfway down the page at this stage, signed by a Michael who also asserts he lives in Fort Wayne and helped search for Aliahna.

speaking of ss checks, i notice lemmon died the same day he received one. would that check be expected to go back to ss or would mp be able to keed the cash from that one?

If monthly benefits were being paid via direct deposit, notify the bank or other financial institution of the beneficiary's death. Request that any funds received for the month of death and later be returned to Social Security as soon as possible.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/deathbenefits.htm

I am not sure how MP would even be able to do anything with Lemmon's SS check, unless MP had access to perhaps Lemmon's checking account etc., etc.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you wrote. Cannot agree strongly enough, in fact. My heart hurts for Aliahna, but I think her family profiting in any way from her death is disgusting. No way would I contribute a penny to paying for expenses for them.

Me either. I'm outraged.

OT but joshiesmom, I had a look at your little champion and I have so much admiration for your strength, amongst other things. You and your beautiful family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Fair enough. But the reverse is also true-that we are judging her based upon our own lens in terms of child care. "I would never leave my child alone with a man, I would never not speak to my child when they are away, I would never put my previously abused child in a neighborhood like this one even if my dad was dying..."

O/T but relevant. I have a friend who is divorced and whose children travel to another state for visitation. Her link to them is through their father-if he tells her they are eating/sleeping/swimming and cannot come to the phone, she does not automatically assume he has chopped them up or done something horrible. It may be twelve to 24 hours before she gets to speak to them.

He is the children's loving father though, and not just a random felon and a fugitive with violent history living in a lair of dangerous sexual criminals, I trust?

IDK - it is odd that LE didn't "find" or take that dumpster until Monday night. But, remember - what he put in that dumpster wasn't "identifiable" (no hands, no head) - but still, one would think LE would have looked in that dumpster before Monday. I guess they were still looking for a live child. IDK.

This whole case is very disturbing.

Most of the other parts are identifiable via DNA, it just takes a little longer.

If he really beat her to death with a brick on the head it might not be identifiable by the face and teeth anymore and might have to be confirmed via DNA as well.

snipped from above link
"Around the corner at the trailer where Lemmon had lived with her mother and sisters, boxes were piled high on the back of a pickup truck. A family friend, who said the family wished not to be contacted, said they were cleaning up their home, not moving out."

oh really? I hope they seize those boxes before they are forever gone.What in the world could be so important that it has to be cleaned up when you are about to LAY YOUR BABY TO REST FOREVER !!!!

How could they have collected a pick-upfullof trash in their home if they've only moved there recently? If they did, how come CPS lets children live there?

I want to know what's in those boxes too.

His description of the late night (2:30am?) nightmare/screaming for her mom is VERY suspicious to me, knowing now what he had done. At first, I thought he could use that as an explanation for a scream during a struggle, that someone might have heard, but now we know that he killed her much earlier.

So why that incredibly specific little story? Just random thoughts...

I pray it wasn't another little girl screaming for her mom.

I can't get over how vile this case is and what poor Aliahna must have suffered in her short life. I think there will be a lot more grim details released soon too. RIP Aliahna.

Joshiesmum - I'm so sorry about your son. My thoughts are with you.

His description of the late night (2:30am?) nightmare/screaming for her mom is VERY suspicious to me, knowing now what he had done. At first, I thought he could use that as an explanation for a scream during a struggle, that someone might have heard, but now we know that he killed her much earlier.

I pray it wasn't another little girl screaming for her mom.

Oh Lord, I pray it wasn't one of her little sisters that cried out on Friday at 2:30am, having either seen something horrible, or having herself possibly being harmed in disgusting ways at that moment. My disgust has reached a new high, and I didn't think that possible. :furious:

I keep thinking back to that Friday though and now if I read correctly LE said they had a cadaver dog in there, why did they not get a hit or something?? Or perhaps they did and LE kept it on the QT needing to have further info??? But wouldn't the cadaver dog hit on a "frozen" body part!

The circumstances around LE letting the perp finally confess and then say they solved it, really I give LE all props but it's a bit misleading IMHO.

I'm not sure that he has told the truth either about hitting her on the head with a brick, why would there not be a lot of blood somewhere. Blood should be everywhere and I just don't see how you cut up a body with a hacksaw and nobody see it or hear it.

Why would her head not show signs of it in the autopsy report.

I keep thinking back to that Friday though and now if I read correctly LE said they had a cadaver dog in there, why did they not get a hit or something?? Or perhaps they did and LE kept it on the QT needing to have further info??? But wouldn't the cadaver dog hit on a "frozen" body part!

The circumstances around LE letting the perp finally confess and then say they solved it, really I give LE all props but it's a bit misleading IMHO.

I'm not sure that he has told the truth either about hitting her on the head with a brick, why would there not be a lot of blood somewhere. Blood should be everywhere and I just don't see how you cut up a body with a hacksaw and nobody see it or hear it.

I don't think it was a cadaver dog. It was following her "live" scent, which stopped at the bus stop. That is what I understood, anyway.

The autopsy report and other police records will fill in many blanks for us, I think. I think that LE did a great job on this, and I thank them and wish them well after this nightmare. I'm sure they will be haunted by this horrific crime.

BBM: There is probably not a way to know whether or not there were HRD alerts, or where. I hope LE would have secured that evidence.
And also- warning- graphic:
I would think that if this beautiful childs' remains were frozen, they would have begun to thaw. So an HRD dog I would think would/should have alerted. :(

I don't think it was a cadaver dog. It was following her "live" scent, which stopped at the bus stop. That is what I understood, anyway.

The autopsy report and other police records will fill in many blanks for us, I think. I think that LE did a great job on this, and I thank them and wish them well after this nightmare. I'm sure they will be haunted by this horrific crime.

If they were tracking or trailing dogs, then that is likely absolutely correct GobBluth. Idk if they followed up with HRD dogs?

I'm sure LE will be haunted as well. So, so sad and pointless. God bless this innocent child. :(

military, yes we moved 3 times (2 states, 3 cities in 12 months)his 1st year and then stayed put for 3 years.

Is this A's stepfather (the one currently living with her mother)? or T's stepfather??

My hubby retired after 26 years as an Army Officer.

Although I agree that you can do a lot of moving around (we did 9 moves in 11 years) --

Here's the ? I have -- I'm going to guess that your moves were because he was in training - and then finally assigned somewhere for the 3 years?

The problem I have is that I can't figure out what, as far as military assignments go, there would be in IA, IN and MD. Although there are military jobs - nothing would correlate together between these three states making me :confused: about it being military moves.

FWIW - my hubby was as Assignment Officer for a chunk of his career and main career field of MI with his education and specialty in Psychology -- he often has some very interesting comments on these cases. :)

Northway mobile home park (40 Trailers, only two dozen occupied, home to 15 registered sex offenders.)

"This seedy trailer park is known as a haven for registered sex offenders." Among them Grandpa Shorty and "uncle Mike"

http://www.fortwayne.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111228/NEWS09/320097808/-1/TOPNEWS

Has anyone considered that maybe "Grandpa" and "Uncle Mike" were living together as lovers? I don't have an OUNCE of anything other than the thought popped into my head when I was trying to figure out why a mom might think her DAUGHTERS would be safe there?

It's about the closest thing I can come up with that makes any sense to me. If mom thought G'pa and MIke were gay - then she might just not think there would be ANY interest in her daughters (and maybe why the BOYS weren't left at the house? -- and yes, I know we don't have confirmation on the other children yet) --- so this is all just me thinking out loud!!!!

Has anyone considered that maybe "Grandpa" and "Uncle Mike" were living together as lovers? I don't have an OUNCE of anything other than the thought popped into my head when I was trying to figure out why a mom might think her DAUGHTERS would be safe there?

It's about the closest thing I can come up with that makes any sense to me. If mom thought G'pa and MIke were gay - then she might just not think there would be ANY interest in her daughters (and maybe why the BOYS weren't left at the house? -- and yes, I know we don't have confirmation on the other children yet) --- so this is all just me thinking out loud!!!!

I don't think that Uncle Mike was Grandpa's type, if you know what I mean. I have also wondered why it was these 3 girls--in the FB photo, at MP's trailer for a week, "Little Princesses," and not the other children.

I'm really wondering if Uncle Mike had a type as well, and it was the same as Grandpa's. Maybe Uncle Mike was his protege. Sick.

I'm trying to do my morning catch up routine, but I wanted to just type out a couple of things that occurred to me overnight.

1. Yes, Ali was underage to have a facebook account, however, I wonder if maybe they weren't following the advice of a therapist by allowing her to have one. When they left IA, she left a lot of bad memories, and a lot of stress, however, all of her friends were also in IA. They might have thought they were helping her by allowing her a way to stay in touch. Personally, I would have just had the kid use my facebook to send messages to their friends, but like I said, until more is said about why she had a facebook, considering that Ali seems to have not had completely normal circumstances to grow up in, I'll allow that maybe it was part of a treatment plan for her to allow her contact with the positive influences that she had to leave behind in IA.

2. I keep seeing over and over again, different variations of, "Well, he was a male babysitter, they should have known something bad would happen." Personally, I don't think that idea could be farther from the truth. Due to the fact that my oldest son is autistic, and he needs his routines and familiarity, I don't prefer babysitting outside of my home. I really don't. The first time I ever had to use a babysitter with any regularity was while I was pregnant with my middle son. My work schedule was crazy, leaving at 5 a.m., getting home at noon, leaving again at 2 p.m., back home at 5 p.m., and then back to work at 8 p.m. until about midnight. The woman that I hired to watch the kids came highly recommended, her references checked out,her background check came back fine, and I had known her for about 4 years. Within three days I came home early, as my schedule was not set in stone, and found her asleep on the couch, with my son strapped into his high chair, screaming bloody murder, and covered in feces from his toes to his neck. I kicked her out on the spot, and really wanted to just keep kicking, if you know what I mean. The only other person that I knew that I trusted enough to leave him with, and the only person whose work schedule would allow them to watch my son, and later, my other kids, was my best friend. My male best friend. And from the first time that I let him watch them, it was perfect. I don't think I took any better care of them than he did. He was my only non family babysitter for five years, until we decided that we would do better as a couple. (At least introducing the kids to him was easy, LOL.) I just point this out to say that not all men are bad. Not all have a nefarious reason to babysit. Obviously, in this case, MP was the bad guy, but that isn't always the case. There are just some men out there that are just as loving, caring, and maternal as some women...and on the flip side, I have learned that not every woman, even those that come highly recommended can be trusted with kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.