IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They said will probably release a sketch or image later but here's the description thus far;

BMA light to medium complexion, thin, 5'4"-5'9" light coloured pants, two tone hoodie that was up around his face.

What classifies "typical" home invasion? Forced entry? Not shooting the homeowner? There were recent break-ins in the area, most of the homes had surveillance cameras, and this guy somehow manages to get in Amanda's home without force? Very sad.

A Hit Man in the Movies would've made sure she was dead.

A Hit Man who is not normally a Hit Man/woman may well panic and run.

Most people have no idea how ghastly it is to shoot another human in the head. Its loud, physically unpleasant, smelly and downright horrific if its not a clean kill. Which it wasn't.

It tends to hint toward inexperience imo, rather than a Paid Hit by a known Hitman.

So we have a burglar who inexplicably turns murderer, then panics and runs without stealing anything?

Huge Fail, for either a hitman or a burglar. This crime makes no sense in either of these scenarios.

He DID rob them.

"How can you take something from a dead person and want to sell it?" Hite asks.

[video=twitter;665198360622669824]https://twitter.com/jdisis/status/665198360622669824[/video]

They said will probably release a sketch or image later but here's the description thus far;

BMA light to medium complexion, thin, 5'4"-5'9" light coloured pants, two tone hoodie that was up around his face.

Even though they are not related, this is almost the exact description of the person wanted in Stephanie Dzikowski's murder.

Shots heard 6:45-6:55 -- she was still alive at 8:30 after being shot in the head.

At 6:30 in the morning- in the dark?

They seem to have A LOT of video and from several streets, apparently with multiple on most streets.

And more than one saw him 'live.'

So it must have been light enough or with sensor lights, etc. that they've gotten all of this and stressed how much the neighbors and all the video has helped.

What classifies "typical" home invasion? Forced entry? Not shooting the homeowner? There were recent break-ins in the area, most of the homes had surveillance cameras, and this guy somehow manages to get in Amanda's home without force? Very sad.

A "home invasion" only happens when someone is home. I mean, according to our societal knowledge and language, when one says "home invasion" they mean someone or several people kicked in a door or window and came barging in the house with weapons drawn, or at least that is what I myself invision. Why they are classifying this as a home invasion is odd to me. There was no forced entry. That's what an invasion is...forced entry. In my state, if a burglar enters a home where someone is in there, it is elevated from a burglary charge to an aggravated burglary. That's it. Odd.

My feed cut out..what is this being said about dog licking the perp?

If TVs and computers were taken, nothing was said about the suspect carrying any items. So was LE inferring someone else had them/took them/ loaded them in a vehicle and only one suspect was seen walking?

I'm thinking she still had to be in bed. Perp sees Davey leave at 6ish. The lights surely must have been out. Why would this perp go into a brightly lit home that looked like someone was there and awake? He had no idea if there were teenage boys up or who he might be up against. Not unless during the process of robbing, she awoke and came out of the room..?

I'm thinking she still had to be in bed. Perp sees Davey leave at 6ish. The lights surely must have been out. Why would this perp go into a brightly lit home that looked like someone was there and awake? He had no idea if there were teenage boys up or who he might be up against. Not unless during the process of robbing, she awoke and came out of the room..?

Plus, was her car in the driveway? I don't understand perp logic...they think that because someone leaves at 6:30 AM, it means no one else is home? That the person must live alone or their family members left even earlier?

That's what I think happened. Maybe Davey accidentally left the door unlocked, perp thought the house was empty, and she interrupted a robbery in progress.

Sad, sad, sad.

A "home invasion" only happens when someone is home. I mean, according to our societal knowledge and language, when one says "home invasion" they mean someone or several people kicked in a door or window and came barging in the house with weapons drawn, or at least that is what I myself invision. Why they are classifying this as a home invasion is odd to me. There was no forced entry. That's what an invasion is...forced entry. In my state, if a burglar enters a home where someone is in there, it is elevated from a burglary charge to an aggravated burglary. That's it. Odd.

My feed cut out..what is this being said about dog licking the perp?

BBM. No, the Captain made a touchy feely statement about how Amanda's dog greeted and licked the police officers when they arrived at the crime scene. No mention of licking the perp.

You could really tell the detectives working on Amanda's case were exhausted and angry.

The PC was kinda disjointed. The feed cut out right when they started talking about Amanda's murder so I probably missed a lot of what was said. I did catch that the baby was in the crib, thankfully.

If TVs and computers were taken, nothing was said about the suspect carrying any items. So was LE inferring someone else had them/took them/ loaded them in a vehicle and only one suspect was seen walking?

He might have started with light stuff first - iPhones, tablets and shoved them in his hoodie and/or pants pockets. He was interrupted after that?

Yes, shootings are much more cold and impersonal way of killing someone.

Strangulations and other methods like stabbing that require body contact are much more personal although strangers have done strangulations/stabbings and also bludgeoned their victims to death as well. Of course strangers have used kill shots to the head too.

I think their motive is to do it quickly so they can silence the witness before leaving the premises. He probably thought he had killed her right then and there. A hit man would make sure she was dead before he left. This suspect did not because she was still alive when found.

IMO

Reminds me of April Kauffman!
But her husband was a DR.

LE said Davey left about 6:15-ish. The shots were heard at 6:45-ish. One can infer that the perp was in the house for 30 minutes or so. She must have woke up.

Were LE called immediately after the first break-in that morning in the neighborhood?

Very strange that their large dog would lick a police man, especially after witnessing a traumatic invasion and the owner being shot.

I'd think a normal dog would be hostile against a stranger invading a home (sensing the fear of it's owner)
I also think the dog licked the police man because it was with it's other owner (davie)

This case is so very strange :( Heart bleeds for the family)

ETA: most burglers will avoid a home with a dog.....in hindsight, perhaps the dog was put out in the backyard before davie went to the gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991