Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Water search connected to missing Indy 8-month-old underway

upload_2019-3-25_16-8-44.jpeg

A water search is underway on the northwest side of Indianapolis in connection with the disappearance of 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department detectives and firefighters from several fire departments were called to a pond at the Mariner's Village Apartments just after 9:30 a.m. Multiple law enforcement sources have confirmed to Call 6 Investigates' Paris Lewbel that the search is in connection with the infant's disappearance.

[...]

Water search connected to missing Indy 8-month-old underway

View attachment 176171

A water search is underway on the northwest side of Indianapolis in connection with the disappearance of 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department detectives and firefighters from several fire departments were called to a pond at the Mariner's Village Apartments just after 9:30 a.m. Multiple law enforcement sources have confirmed to Call 6 Investigates' Paris Lewbel that the search is in connection with the infant's disappearance.

[...]

:(

Is it okay to message members to ask questions about their posts? Apologies, I've never been active in the forum and am apparently having a hard time navigating properly.

(Also do I mark this for delete after responses?)

Is it okay to message members to ask questions about their posts? Apologies, I've never been active in the forum and am apparently having a hard time navigating properly.

(Also do I mark this for delete after responses?)

Sure. It's perfectly fine to message other members. The only thing we don't do is "advertise" it. Don't say things like "Hey so & so, check your inbox" and don't ask any one publicly to inbox information to you. It is considered "whispering" and interpreted as rude. Hope this Helps.

Can someone point out where this search is taking place in relation to the other areas searched, the distance from their houses as well as distance from the cross-streets that the detective was asking about?

Please and THANKYOU

In the press conference, a news reporter asked about the items that were found during the search and mentioned a car seat. LE said they did not want to comment specifically on what was found.

Despite that, It kept me wondering about the possibility of a car seat and why one would need to get rid of it. Even if you've hatefully harmed and disposed of a baby, why the need to get rid of the carseat as well?

Which then made me think of a baby bag. Amiah was only 8 months and at that age, it's likely a parent still carries a baby bag (diapers, formula,baby food, a change of clothes, wipes etc)
Where is the baby bag?

If he was supposedly taking Amiah to the sitters, did he take the baby bag? If not, does Mom still have it and if so, He was gone (according to the detective) for over 7 hours before returning to the mom without the baby. Wouldn't you wonder how a baby is being fed and cared for without all of their belongings?

Speculation only!
From the presser, he returned on the 9th without Amiah and then Amber gave permission for Amiah to stay overnight with the babysitter.
If his excuse for Amiah's absence was that he left her with the sitter, maybe he got rid of the car seat to give that story some teeth.
When my daughter was a baby, the only overnights she had were at my Mom's, and they never had plans to go anywhere, but I always left the carseat with her, just in case.
He did - whatever with Amiah, and then in a pinch thought it would look suspicious if he still had her seat and clothes, so he dumped them.

The reporter stated that Amber told them that her carseat and some clothes were found - maybe the clothes had been in the diaper bag?

Can someone point out where this search is taking place in relation to the other areas searched, the distance from their houses as well as distance from the cross-streets that the detective was asking about?

Please and THANKYOU

Looks to me like it's by the apartments that were mentioned up-thread, where RL maybe have been on the 9th. I'll go try to find the name of the apartments. I think they are mentioned in the presser.

Please and THANKYOU

The apartments near where they are currently searching are at 7135 Islander Drive, 46224
The Addison apartments, mentioned as being near Rockville and Mickley, the location LE is asking about regarding RL on the 9th, is at 59 Port O Call Drive, 46224.

These apartment complexes are 4.2 miles apart.

Speculation only!
From the presser, he returned on the 9th without Amiah and then Amber gave permission for Amiah to stay overnight with the babysitter.
If his excuse for Amiah's absence was that he left her with the sitter, maybe he got rid of the car seat to give that story some teeth.
When my daughter was a baby, the only overnights she had were at my Mom's, and they never had plans to go anywhere, but I always left the carseat with her, just in case.
He did - whatever with Amiah, and then in a pinch thought it would look suspicious if he still had her seat and clothes, so he dumped them.

The reporter stated that Amber told them that her carseat and some clothes were found - maybe the clothes had been in the diaper bag?

Good thoughts. I suppose I just found it odd that clothes were all that was mentioned (as well as the seat). So I wondered if he had taken the diaper bag with him at the time or not. If so, where is the bag itself and the rest of the stuff? If staying at a sitters overnight supposedly, you still need a sippy cup/bottle, formula, diapers, wipes.
If he left without those things, did mom text him/call him after he had been gone so long wondering if baby had been fed, a diaper changed etc in that time or for the future of that supposed overnight stay if she didn't have all her things? If she did, where are they? A baby needs more than just a carseat and some clothes for 7+ hours or overnight.

I guess I'm just wondering why there wasn't red flags that first day or where that diaper bag is, if not.

The apartments near where they are currently searching are at 7135 Islander Drive, 46224
The Addison apartments, mentioned as being near Rockville and Mickley, the location LE is asking about regarding RL on the 9th, is at 59 Port O Call Drive, 46224.

These apartment complexes are 4.2 miles apart.

Current search is about 7 miles from the home on S. Holmes.

Please and THANKYOU

I left addresses for clarification. It is a retention pond near Addison Creek apartments.

ETA- McCarty & Sadie = Eagle Creek/Little Eagle Creek area searched last week
ETA-
Interesting to note. Photo of AR and baby posted on SM stated to be taken 8 Mar at Waterfront Hotel & Conference Center just across the pond from search area.
(Indiana considers property on retention ponds to be "waterview" )
55576193_325405471444919_3198882880327516160_n.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't caught up with this newest thread so these thoughts may have been shared by others.

The newest timeline shows that both the FBI and State Patrol said Amiah was last seen on Saturday which was confusing to us all. We now know the last sighting allegedly was 03/09 which was a Saturday and a week before reported missing. That to me clears up that confusion, they were talking about the Saturday a week prior... And she was seen by a couple of people and the babysitter with RL leaving the residence... On the 9th.

Another confusing factor was the alleged bio father stating he was out of town and then an incident report showing he was in town. My thought now is he was out of town on the 9th. I am speculating but perhaps he had custody or certainly some placement and while out of town Amiah was staying with Amber. When the baby went missing and RL taunted her for days, perhaps Amber called bio dad and this is when the confrontation happened and he came back to town to help her confront RL on where the baby was and this is why he shows as present at the incident in the LE report.

One final thought is the baby if I have it right has Amber's last name. If this is the 2nd child with bio dad, I am going to guess paternity was not certain when Amiah was born or it would be likely that she would have been given his last name...

I wondered initially if there is a chance paternity is still not established, however, if Indiana is like many other states and Amber receives any welfare type of assistance, food stamps, medical coverage for her children, etc., then the State usually goes after child support and orders paternity established when possible. For that reason I would think paternity has long been established.

Yet there are allegations the argument was over paternity; however, I do not know if there is anything to back that allegation up, I do not recall if it was in an MSM article or where that stems from.

Just some thoughts...

Coming from someone who just went through this with their significant other in reference to my step daughter. Yes. If you apply for food stamps or anything they go after child support and it’s documented for paternity. I tried searching AR on my case.gov to see if paternity was established and also child support and there are no cases on there for ANY of their names that involved paternity or child support. These are samples of what it would look like. Hopefully I’ve done a good enough job scratching everything out but just for a reference point.

Attachments

• BE2FCFC9-74C4-4BD8-977F-78C18F73B624.jpeg
    BE2FCFC9-74C4-4BD8-977F-78C18F73B624.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 39
FWIW - I found the 'Food Mart'/'Laundromat' mentioned by Detective Burkhardt in the presser.
1 Beachway Drive

Google Maps

Interesting to me is that, even though she mentioned the Food Mart, the Laundromat and the Addison Apartments as if they are all right there together, they are not. The apartments are .2 of a mile from the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member