IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Detectives then when to the home on South Holmes Avenue, where the baby was last seen, and using a search warrant began interviewing possible witnesses. Investigators were also on hand to collect potential evidence. Detectives say they have been given conflicting stories throughout the investigation.“

ETA: Can we get an exact date and time on this please. That article is not quite clear. Maybe there’s more on this in the timeline or elsewhere. The preceding paraphrase oh says “Tuesday”..I think is is right, going back to check. My head’s getting too overloaded to remember stuff now.

—-

So pondering this, if they were able to get a SW on the home, then I would think they would’ve been able to get a warrant for the vehicle processing.

This article confirms the "Tuesday" timing, but doesn't specify time of day: "On Tuesday, Indianapolis detectives executed a search warrant at a residence in the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue, according to a press release."
Search continues for Indianapolis baby Amiah Robertson

Edited to add -- this article says "afternoon" for the timing: "Authorities executed a search warrant Tuesday afternoon at Amiah's last known location, a house in the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue on the west side of Indianapolis."
Police: Conflicting stories after disappearance of 8-month-old

And I agree that they should be able to get a warrant for the vehicle! Maybe some of the weird changes in status we've seen on the vehicle impound website indicates LE have been visiting it and/or moving it around? JMO.

Does anyone have a source (within TOS !of course :) ) that indicates where they were living?

This brings up a thought:

If they were able to secure a SW on the babysitter’s house, then why wouldn’t they have secured a warrant on another residence, presumably where the suspect lived. Of course we know that this was where she was “last seen” location, however I would think they would want to process the suspect’s actual residence as well. (Boots, clothes, sheets, computers, all that stuff...)

Meaning, IS there even a residence for them?

I’m wondering if they were living (or squatting) at 1017? Or at the babysitter’s house? Staying with relatives? Sorry if this is a brain fart post. A little confused here about where they all “laid their heads at night” (or potentially in the morning after all nighter if ya know what I mean, jmo).

ETA:
It seems @MsMarple made a similar post above

Quote for reference:
Keep digging... there appears to be a connection to someone who lived there in the past.

I'm still confused about where Amber and Amiah lived. Was their address the same as the babysitter's? If so then where were they when RL left with Amiah to take her to the babysitter's? At the Motel 6? Was it ever confirmed that they were there? If not, where were they?

Why did RL take her and not Amber? If he had a history of "taunting" her why would she let him be alone with Amiah?

Did RL live with Amber? The article linked below says they were living in a car on the property at Holmes; other reports mention a garage/shed behind the house.
at-wits-end-yahoo-emoticon.gif

New video surfaces in missing 8-month-old case out of Indianapolis

“The neighbor that provide this video told WISH that Lyons, Amber Robertson and Amiah had been living in a car behind the house

Amiah had just been reported missing the day before this video was taken.

Her family told us that house is where she was last seen.“
(Link inside quote)

Is this the same neighbor who said she saw the mother with baby speedwalking on Friday? If so, I have to question witness credibility?

Last edited:
Hi KK :)

Your post just reminded of something. Iirc from the March 9 timeline it said “the babysitter and other witnesses”——-who all was at the babysitter’s house that day?

Pulling quote for reference.

ETA / From Timeline:

“A babysitter and other witnesses saw Lyons leave the house on Holmes Ave. with Amiah at 1:15 p.m. March 9. Police said Lyons stayed on the southwest side until 10 p.m. and returned to Amber Robertson without the baby.”

Police: Search for missing Indianapolis 8-month-old now classified as homicide investigation
Quote snipped by me.

I remember reading in one of the articles that police specifically asked people close to Amiah when the last time they saw her alive and out of her car seat was. That makes me think she was killed at the babysitters and RL left with her in the car seat, so if anyone saw her they would just think it was a sleeping baby.

MOO
Looking for the article now

The story is a mess, as is the reporting and the interviews/statements from the people involved. I'm not even trying to sort it out (but kudos to those who are!), I'm assuming (perhaps foolhardedly) that the investigators have a clearer picture of what's going on and are just keeping it to themselves for the time being. :rolleyes:

“Detectives then when to the home on South Holmes Avenue, where the baby was last seen, and using a search warrant began interviewing possible witnesses. Investigators were also on hand to collect potential evidence. Detectives say they have been given conflicting stories throughout the investigation.“

ETA: Can we get an exact date and time on this please. That article is not quite clear. Maybe there’s more on this in the timeline or elsewhere. The preceding paraphrase oh says “Tuesday”..I think is is right, going back to check. My head’s getting too overloaded to remember stuff now.

—-

So pondering this, if they were able to get a SW on the home, then I would think they would’ve been able to get a warrant for the vehicle processing.

Vehicle processing is a key point missing from all this.

Going back to finish the PC and @Kadoober ‘s transcript. I missed the last part when the feed cut out.

re: search date & time 9:44 am 19 March is the stamp on this tweet from reporter who was live

Steve Jefferson on Twitter

Thank you, marking.
re: search date & time 9:44 am 19 March is the stamp on this tweet from reporter who was live

Steve Jefferson on Twitter

So noting timeline additions for today including status change in vehicle impounds and time date stamp find SW on 224 Holmes.

—-

So looking st his fb, “Asphalt” seems to be the correct word here (I recall that stated yesterday : “asphalt worker” per fb).

ETA:
Actually, both terms are used:

“We do everything from small residential porches to corporate parking lots and even city streets. We specialize in asphalt, concrete”

From his fb, clarifying position as “asphalt worker”

Qmfr:
Omg. Something just hit me.

If RL’s employment involves “paving” this mean he has access to CONCRETE.

I hope LE is looking at all his work sites. We’ve seen guys in construction bury bodies at their work locations.

What jobs has he had since the 9th? What days did he go to work?
What machinery does he know how to operate and have access to? Does his employment involve only working onsite, or does he go to “paving locations.”

Hmmm...

But it seems LE is focused on the water. They did find some of her items there, but IF that is a red herring...

I’m not liking this concrete thing.

I wonder if they are taking note of concrete blocks in the water. I would think so, barrels, etc.

—-

Looking for more information about this company:

<modsnip: Please do not post name and address of company>

So they pave roads. Hmmmm...not liking that.

When and where did he pave roads since March 9?

——

ETA:
Suddenly very worried about the likelihood of finding Amiah after this post. It is very common imo for a perp to implement both work locations and crafts within a disposal, moo.

——
Note possible color variance on vehicle colors per tow vs LE statement from pC. The dates do match on impounds and arrest, 3/17, however the times of arrest vs impound were different (impound was earlier).

—-

Says he went to George Washington High School

Address, assuming it’s Indianapolis:
Indianapolis, IN 46222

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice catch on the car photo reverse img search!

*Added note: on many newer Android phones, you can simply "long touch" the photo to pull up a menu bar that conveniently has "search Google for this image" as one of the options.
Another option is www.tineye.com
I've had luck a few times there when Google yielded no results.*

Did we ever figure out WHO reported Amiah missing? I was re-reading this article from the timeline that Margarita graciously made and it not only reminded me of how this case was confusing from the beginning but added even more confusion about the details surrounding the missing persons report. I had assumed that Amiah was reported missing 2 days later (which we now know was 7) because the family doesn't seem right and it took that many days for them to be concerned, however this article points out that even at the time of the report, they did not feel Amiah was in danger??!!

Police: Missing baby's mom 'lawyered up'

Mom hadn't seen baby since Thursday
Family reported baby missing on Saturday. But at the time, family did not fear Amiah was in danger. ????!!

So, how did the report come about exactly or what prompted family to finally even "bother" reporting it if they STILL felt at that time that baby was not in any danger? It makes no sense. The sense of danger for mom didn't begin until the silver alert was issued Tuesday?!

I'm wondering if, although the incident that began this is classified as a vehicular incident vs a domestic dispute, if the responding officer, due to the nature of what happened, asked questions such as "do you live together or do you have a safe place to go? Do you have any children and do they have a safe place to stay and where are they right now? Followed by "family" casually mentioning she had no idea where her 8 month old baby has been for the last 2 days but isn't concerned. (Which we now know to have been 7, not 2)

Basically this was a very long winded explanation of my wondering if the responding officer is the one who unknowingly opened this enormous can of worms after asking a simple set of questions about the safety of her and her family after a vehicular incident with her boyfriend that had clear Domestic Dispute entanglements

Last edited:
I would think any evidence collected during SW execution, lab results of testing should be coming in. And if charges are not filed soon then I still say IMPD has totally blown this case.

MOO

The story is a mess, as is the reporting and the interviews/statements from the people involved. I'm not even trying to sort it out (but kudos to those who are!), I'm assuming (perhaps foolhardedly) that the investigators have a clearer picture of what's going on and are just keeping it to themselves for the time being. :rolleyes:

(Hahaha, this is a harder job than I imagined when I originally took it on, lol)

—-

Re posts above, we also know how common it is for a perp to bury a body on a family member’s property. Just sayin...

Once again, any noise of any SWs on Hamilton?

Last edited:
Is it possible to please your link source if this in within TOS? I like to look at city data, and there’s another one too I use a lot for incident reports, forgot the name...I’ve got a millions windows open. Tia. I’ve also used newspaper sources that list the previous day’s incidents.

Route from Hamilton to Holmes. You'll notice White River is between them.

This is a good visual bc it has the lines connecting them (showing a loop which is the type of thing I’m looking for / bullseye type zone radius and looking inside and outside of that, etc.).

CSI, could you please add to that same visual a third location, the M/R intersection, retaining connecting lines? Tia.

ETA:

Actually if you could do the above with three locations, and then do a second visual with the work address in Whiteland, I’d appreciate seeing that too. Imo is common for a perp to perform a disposal, near or along the route of their worksite.

Robbie Lyons

Freije Paving - 594 N Front St
Whiteland, Indiana 46184

Last edited:
Are there any pictures shown of Amiah with what appears to be motel in the background?

(Wondering if they ever lived at the Motel 6, or another...)

(That reminds me I need to read up here and catch up on yesterday’s posts. I recall some image business going down in here while I was scrambling to update the timeline.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member