IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's safe to say they know the public is following the case. They're probably getting bombarded by texts, calls, and messages from various social media platforms, as well as people approaching them in person.

It's one thing to know something, it's entirely another to be able to prove it in court. They have to be as sure as possible they have charges that will stick when they arrest someone or else there won't be justice for Amiah. Arresting someone prematurely just to satiate the public won't accomplish anything good in the long term and it won't get justice for Amiah.

That is true if they are not at a dead-end or a standstill and have a chance of finding her, getting the proof they need, etc. and maybe they have something going behind the scenes, we do not know. If not however, arresting for say an obstruction of justice charge, endangering a child, whatever they have doesn't preclude that murder can always be charged, there is no statute on it. May it silence a perp and not result in any confession? Sure, it's possible. However, the main POI was already arrested and held on other charges, I do not see much difference at this point to what they will or will not get out of him.

There is also the balance of there is a likely child murderer on the streets.

I certainly can see both sides of such a debate but at a certain point if they cannot get anywhere, what could possibly be charged would be something to consider imo.

I also think it would be surprising how many people do not know about this case and the quieter it gets, the less discussion and interest amongst the ones who do know about it. Even on here.

It is no knock on LE either, they were not even advised of a baby missing until well after the fact, giving a perp a major lead and time to cover up, etc. And then, per their own words, they encountered some people who were the opposite of helpful and even possibly hurt the chances of finding out what happened and finding her (paraphrasing). That was not their doing nor any mistake on their part.

I in fact was actually impressed with the efforts put forth considering the load the department has and the crimes occurring daily.

People are just frustrated on this baby's behalf, or at least I know I am so I am guessing others are as well.

Regardless, just my 2c worth, I can see both ways but it is a gamble they take in either direction, someone is free on the streets who possibly has already killed or locked up for maybe less time than murder by far for whatever time they can try for on other charges. To me, someone who has killed once and particularly a child, certainly would not hesitate to kill or harm again but jmo.

It is not up to us regardless and people just want to show they care about this child and the last I knew they have a right to voice that to public employees if they choose to do so.

All jmo and omo.

Here’s one of the things I think happened to Amiah:

Amber gives Robbie the baby. Robbie takes her to a drug den and he does drugs. The baby is crying because she’s teething so Robbie or one of his cohorts give her heroin or some other drug to quiet the baby. Amiah overdoses and dies. Robbie and maybe someone else dumps her body in the river.

I have thought from the beginning that baby Amiah died from neglect or by accident. As screwed up as the lifestyle was of those who were responsible for her welfare, I don't think she was an intentionally abused child. JMO

In saying that, it doesn't excuse their actions or the consequences and whomever is responsible for her disappearance and most likely death, needs to come clean and allow this little girl to be laid to rest.

Hoping that when they had the suspected perp and the babysitter locked up they were able to get DNA. Once it’s on file, anything it matches in the future gives LE a bargaining chip. Example: “Tell us where to find Amiah and we will drop this marijuana charge, petty theft charge, etc.” Because we all know of criminals who are too dumb to not recommit offenses. Insert eye roll.

Where are you Amiah? Send us a sign sweet baby. Your grandpa needs you home where he can watch over you.

I have thought from the beginning that baby Amiah died from neglect or by accident. As screwed up as the lifestyle was of those who were responsible for her welfare, I don't think she was an intentionally abused child. JMO

In saying that, it doesn't excuse their actions or the consequences and whomever is responsible for her disappearance and most likely death, needs to come clean and allow this little girl to be laid to rest.

I could see this but the part that does not fit for me is if an accident or unintentional why would you taunt the mother about her whereabouts?

I could see this but the part that does not fit for me is if an accident or unintentional why would you taunt the mother about her whereabouts?
That's assuming that AR's statements about that are true. I'm not saying that they aren't, but this mother proved less than trust worthy to me when she failed to report her missing child all that time and then would not go with him to find her or call LE immediately.

I hope somebody comes forward, this band of misfits aren't the most sophisticated criminals in my mind. Somebody has got to know something. JMO

That's assuming that AR's statements about that are true. I'm not saying that they aren't, but this mother proved less than trust worthy to me when she failed to report her missing child all that time and then would not go with him to find her or call LE immediately.

I hope somebody comes forward, this band of misfits aren't the most sophisticated criminals in my mind. Somebody has got to know something. JMO

I agree and I take her words with a grain of salt also. i give it a bit more credence since though LE said as much in a press conference but of course that does not mean it is fact either.

I agree totally that someone needs to come forward and do the right thing--this baby deserves that, in fact she deserved more than that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back