GUILTY IN - Breana Rouhselang, 17, pregnant, murdered by teen dad, Mishawaka, 9 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
08/12/2019 Pretrial Conference
Session: 08/12/2019 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Hurley, Elizabeth Cardwell
Result: Commenced and concluded
08/12/2019 Hearing Scheduling Activity
Jury Trial scheduled for 09/09/2019 at 1:00 PM was cancelled. Reason: Other.
08/12/2019 Hearing Journal Entry
Parties appear. Defendant appears in custody. Counsel for Defendant requested trial be vacated. Status conference set for September 24, 2019, at 8:30 a.m.
Judicial Officer: Hurley, Elizabeth Cardwell
08/12/2019 Hearing Scheduling Activity
Status Conference scheduled for 09/24/2019 at 8:30 AM.

09/09/2019 CANCELED Jury Trial
Reason: Other
Session: 09/09/2019 1:00 PM, Cancelled

09/24/2019 Status Conference
Session: 09/24/2019 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Hurley, Elizabeth Cardwell

link: Case Search - MyCase

Hello - I shall be leaving on a Holiday to California!! And won't be around WS for at least 2 weeks (9/18 thru 10/2). So am going to post the hearing/trial that is coming up the following week while I am gone. Please keep 'good' notes while I'm gone! LOL! I will definitely be way behind on all my cases I'm following.... but will try & peek in mid-way thru my vacation.

Tuesday, Sept. 24th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – IN – Breana Rouhselang (17) & unborn baby (6 mos pregnant) (Dec. 9, 2018, Mishawaka) - *Aaron Romeo Trejo (16) arrested (12/9/18), charged (12/10/18 as an adult) & arraigned (12/11/18) with murder & Feticide def. knowingly or intentionally terminates human pregnancy with intent. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Confessed to killing. Got angry because she didn’t tell him she was pregnant with his child & too late for an abortion.
Trial was set to begin 9/9/19-vacated.

12/11/18 Arraignment: Plead not guilty, held without bond. Initial hearing set for 12/19/18. Omnibus hearing on 2/13/19.
12/19/18 Update: Next Status hearing on 1/28/19 & Omnibus hearing on 2/13.
1/28/19 Update: Pretrial hearing set for 5/20, trial is scheduled for 6/10/19. 2/13 hearing moved to 2/15, additional discovery filed. 5/14/19: Defense files motion for continuance.
5/20/19 Update: Motion for continuance granted. Trial has been moved from 6/10 to 9/9/19. Next hearing on 8/12. 8/12/19: Trial for 9/9/19 has been cancelled/vacated. Next status hearing on 9/24.

Teen accused of killing classmate pregnant with his child appears in court

Sep 24, 2019

"SOUTH BEND, Ind. (WNDU) - A Mishawaka teen accused of killing his pregnant classmate appeared in court Tuesday.

Aaron Trejo is accused of killing 17-year-old Breana Rouhselang and her unborn child.

The girl's family reported her missing just hours before her body was discovered behind a Mishawaka restaurant. She and Trejo were students at Mishawaka High School. Police say she was six months pregnant with Trejo's child.

Trejo reportedly admitted to police he killed her because she told him about the pregnancy too late for an abortion.

Another status conference was requested for Trejo. That hearing has been set for Oct. 30."

Teen accused of killing classmate pregnant with his child appears in court

Delete- duplicate post

axopCyouerAE1b4PHEVwdGhGag7KxwZLPe3pGFwuhXhkc1GAW4y7Jh36FmzE

:D

Wednesday, October 30th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – IN – Breana Rouhselang (17) & unborn baby (6 mos pregnant) (Dec. 9, 2018, Mishawaka) - *Aaron Romeo Trejo (16) arrested (12/9/18), charged (12/10/18 as an adult) & arraigned (12/11/18) with murder & Feticide def. knowingly or intentionally terminates human pregnancy with intent. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Confessed to killing. Got angry because she didn’t tell him she was pregnant with his child & too late for an abortion.

12/11/18 Arraignment: Plead not guilty, held without bond. Initial hearing set for 12/19/18. Omnibus hearing on 2/13/19.
1/28/19 Update: Pretrial hearing set for 5/20, trial is scheduled for 6/10/19. 2/13 hearing moved to 2/15, additional discovery filed. 5/14/19: Defense files motion for continuance.
5/20/19 Update: Motion for continuance granted. Trial has been moved from 6/10 to 9/9/19. Next hearing on 8/12. 8/12/19: Trial for 9/9/19 has been cancelled/vacated. Next status hearing on 9/24. 9/24/19: Another status conference was requested for Trejo. That hearing has been set for Oct. 30.

and from the article above (#89):

MISHAWAKA, Ind.—Aaron Trejo pleaded guilty on Wednesday to charges related to the December 2018 murder of pregnant Mishawaka teen Breana Rouhselang, according to court records.

Trejo, 17, pleaded guilty as part of a plea agreement during a hearing on October 30, records show. He pleaded guilty to charges of murder and feticide.

Court records show that Trejo is scheduled to be sentenced on January 7, 2020.

Indiana football player pleads guilty to killing cheerleader pregnant with his baby

10/31/19 -- NBC News

A 17-year-old Indiana high school football player pleaded guilty Wednesday to killing a school cheerleader who was pregnant with his baby.

Aaron Trejo, of Mishawaka, east of South Bend, has been in custody since his arrest in December 2018 for the murder of Breana Rouhselang, 17, who was six months pregnant. He has been held without bond at the St. Joseph County Jail in South Bend.

Trejo, who was 16 at the time of the murder, said Rouhselang had waited too long to tell him she was pregnant, preventing her from being able to get an abortion, according to December charging documents.

[...]

Her body was found in a black garbage bag in a dumpster. An autopsy determined Rouhselang died from multiple stab wounds.

Trejo told detectives at the time that he had planned for about a week to kill Rouhselang and he admitted to throwing the murder weapon in a river.

He "ruined" more than 3 people's lives. He TOOK AWAY 2 lives, and ruined both her family and his own.

So SAD that he chose to kill her? CHOSE to kill her? Since when is killing anyone a CHOICE unless in self defense?

If I sound angry, I am, not at you, but at the situation and the mind-set/culture that brought about such a thing.
Since 1973.

He is young. In a few years when he is a bit more mature he will bitterly regret what he did. He could have had a life with beautiful Breana and raise a child together. I believe he doesn't even really comprehend yet what he destroyed, how valuable it was.

Sad sad case.

Tuesday, January 7th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 10:30am ET) – IN – Breana Rouhselang (17) & unborn baby (6 mos pregnant) (Dec. 9, 2018, Mishawaka) - *Aaron Romeo Trejo (16) arrested (12/9/18), charged (12/10/18 as an adult) & arraigned (12/11/18) with murder & Feticide def. knowingly or intentionally terminates human pregnancy with intent. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.

5/20/19 Update: Motion for continuance granted. Trial has been moved from 6/10 to 9/9/19. Next hearing on 8/12. 8/12/19: Trial for 9/9/19 has been cancelled/vacated. Next status hearing on 9/24. 9/24/19: Another status conference was requested for Trejo. That hearing has been set for Oct. 30.
10/30/19 Update: Plead guilty as part of a plea agreement during a hearing on October 30, records show. He pleaded guilty to charges of murder and feticide. Sentence scheduled for 1/7/20.

Indiana football player pleads guilty to killing cheerleader pregnant with his baby

10/31/19 -- NBC News

A 17-year-old Indiana high school football player pleaded guilty Wednesday to killing a school cheerleader who was pregnant with his baby.

Aaron Trejo, of Mishawaka, east of South Bend, has been in custody since his arrest in December 2018 for the murder of Breana Rouhselang, 17, who was six months pregnant. He has been held without bond at the St. Joseph County Jail in South Bend.

Trejo, who was 16 at the time of the murder, said Rouhselang had waited too long to tell him she was pregnant, preventing her from being able to get an abortion, according to December charging documents.

[...]

Her body was found in a black garbage bag in a dumpster. An autopsy determined Rouhselang died from multiple stab wounds.

Trejo told detectives at the time that he had planned for about a week to kill Rouhselang and he admitted to throwing the murder weapon in a river.

He obviously felt he'd be able to coerce or force her to get an abortion. As if the only hold up was when abortion was legally allowed and not whether she wanted one or not. I doubt he'll regret taking their lives and not having a chance to raise a child with her. He's a psycho. He spent a whole week planning to kill her. I think he'll just regret he got caught. It sounds like she avoided telling him for good reason!

Mishawaka teen who pleaded guilty to killing pregnant ex-girlfriend gets 65 years

That reaction from Breana Rouhselang’s mom to the 65-year sentence for her daughter’s killer, Aaron Trejo.

Breana’s family shed a lot of tears today and so did many of her friends as they remembered her and her horrific death. Some of Trejo’s family members were also getting emotional.
[.....]
Nearly 13 months after her daughter’s murder, Wallace hopes things will get easier. In court today, she heard the teen responsible for her and her unborn child’s death -- Aaron Trejo -- get 55 years for murder and 10 years for feticide.

The prosecution is pleased the sentences will run consecutively.

Trejo entered a not-guilty plea days after he was booked. He changed his plea to guilty in October, court records show.

The St. Joseph County superior court judge who sentenced Trejo on Tuesday ordered a DNA sample from him but didn't specify why.

Trejo's attorney and sister didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

It's unclear whether Trejo and Rouhselang, who had known each other since elementary school, had an ongoing romantic relationship or a history of violence.

An April 2019 study in the Journal of the American Medical Association Pediatrics found that adolescent girls were 90% of victims killed by current or former intimate partners. The average age of the victim was about 17 years old.
Teen sentenced to 65 years for murdering pregnant girl

I don`t know why i am finding myself thinking about this case so often. It`s nothing mysterious or unsolved about ist. Maybe it`s exactly bc of this. "I took care of the problem. I took her life." - Wham. That`s it. Nothing more to add, nothing to speculate about, he planned it, took the knife with him to the date, killed Breana as intended and afterwards he threw her away. This is as simple as it is malicious, and this guy scares me to death. His attitude is like "Oh, I crushed this beetle running through the kitchen." Absolutely cold-hearted and no respect for life at all.

And it drives me mad, once more a precious young woman was killed just bc of getting pregnant... !:mad: In all epochs of human history, pregnant women have been in danger of being killed because the man did not approve the pregnancy. As if women ever can get pregnant alone...!

This case faintly reminds me of the one of Lolita Brieger (Germany). Lolita, aged 17 then, felt 1981 in love with the son of a rich farmer. The farmer didn`t appreciate the relationship. He urged his son to end it and marry a girl from a "better" family. But he first stuck with Lolita, until she gets pregnant. The two quarreled and separated, but Lolita put some pressure on him to take care of her and the baby. There were several arguments. In 1982, she vanished and was never seen again. It was on record that the farmer`s son was the last person to see her alive, and police suspected him of killing her, but no prove could be found. In 2012, an former friend of the boy confessed that he helped him to hide Lolita`s body and that the farmer`s son killed her. They buried her in a dump... ! After this confessing the dump, which is located in a wooded area and was no longer in use, was turned upside down and they found Lolita`s and the unborns remains. But worst thing is, it couldn`t be proved it was murder, so it was treated as manslaughter, and manslaughter was already time barred, so the killer walks free and faces zero consequences...! He still lives in the village, has a new family and a nice, large house. I hope at least his reputation is ruined forever and his wife left him and took child(ren) with her... ! This is no justice. It`s disgusting. All this happened in my more distant neighborhood, but back in the early eighties I was a baby.

In Breana`s case there also is a young man who didn`t mind having unprotected sex, but doesn't want to take responsibility. And about the stupid chattering of his aunt: "Oooooh but he is such a nice boy, he`s far from being a monster, jatatata, jatatata, jatata..." - Oh sweetie, he is NOT far from that. Otherwise he wouldn`t have killed Breana, would he? He planned, staged it and carried it out. It`s so obvious he is just evil and unscrupulous... ! How could he ever think to get away with that?

And the "concussion" thing, is nothing but a lame excuse. I did horse-riding all my life, I had a couple of riding accidents and suffered concussion more than once. You have nausea, you have headaches and vertigo and have to lie in bed in a dark room, you can`t stand lightness. But it doesn`t cause a change in your personality, making your behaviour unpredictable and dangerous. It`s not like rabies.

Breana and her baby dead, such a big loss. Poor family. She looks like a very friendly and warm-hearted Person. And she was beutiful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin
Back