IN IN - Brittany Hammond, 30, Switzerland County, 12 December 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

doodles1211

Reaction score
5c2cc6563c3b6.jpg

Brittany Hammond has not been seen or heard from since December 12 or 13, 2018. The Switzerland County Sheriff’s Office says the 30-year-old is still missing as of Monday, December 31.

Investigators are continuing their efforts to find Hammond.

“The combined efforts of numerous law enforcement agencies and resources have spent many many hours trying to locate her but unfortunately she’s not been located yet. Our office and other agencies are continually following up on any leads and information that we may receive,” said Chief Deputy Brian Morton.

Morton said investigators are not sure if Hammond may be missing on her own volition, or if there may be foul play involved.

If you know of Brittany Hammond’s whereabouts or have information that can help locate her, call Switzerland County Sheriff’s Office Detective Joe Spilman at (812) 427-3636.

Police Still Investigating Switzerland County Woman's Disappearance

5c180c5b9686b.jpg

Switz Co. Police Investigating Woman's Disappearance

I’m surprised there isn’t more about this case, especially not hearing from her during the holidays. She has children who are missing her. Who did she go to see that night? Have LE checked her phone records? She said she would return in an hour. It reminds me of Jessica C. who told her mom she would be back shortly. I’m not sure why we aren’t hearing more or why there isn’t a search, but I think there needs to be. Prayers for a safe return.
Investigators continue search for woman missing from Switzerland County since December

Last edited:
Five kids. That's a lot for a single mom. Court records show some recent custody cases involving three different children. All are the children of a Brittany Hammond. I'm not sure if it's her or another person with the same name. Where are the children exactly? Was that reported? And why does one story say that police think she's still in the county? Did someone see her?

Detective Working Case Of Missing Switz Co. Mother

A mother of five from Switzerland County remains missing.

[...]

A detective at the Switzerland County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to investigate Hammond’s disappearance.

"We have no new information at this time. We are currently still following up on numerous leads," Det. Joseph Spilman tells Eagle Country 99.3.

upload_2019-1-28_15-14-51.jpeg

31-year-old Hammond was last seen in Patriot, Indiana, on Dec. 12. Her family says she was going to the store, but a friend told Hammond’s family she got into a vehicle with someone else.

Hammond’s mother says she knew something was wrong when her daughter, a mother of five, didn’t call to ask what the family was planning to have for Christmas dinner.

Hammond’s family plans to hold a candlelight vigil for her Aug. 3 at the boat ramp in Patriot.

Family of missing Indiana woman still holding out hope 7 months later

Brittany Hammond Public Search - Indiana
Hosted by Texas Equusearch Ohio / Midwest Chapter
70587909_2376232705808499_6510662107061551104_n.jpg

There will be a public search for Brittany Hammond on Saturday, November 2 starting at 8:00 am

Command Center will be at the East Enterprise Fire Department Station 2
15337 Hill Rd
Florence, Indiana 47020

8:00am -5:00pm commitment, please

Must be 18 years old with valid ID

This will be a foot search only. Please do not bring ATVs, horses, or dogs

Thumbnail

MISSING

Missing Person / NamUs #MP56105 Brittany Marie Hammond, Female, White / Caucasian

Date of Last Contact December 13, 2018

Missing From Florence, Indiana

Case Information

Demographics

Missing Age 30 Years

Current Age 31 Years

First Name Brittany

Middle Name Marie

Last Name Hammond

Nickname/Alias--

Sex Female

Height 5' 4" (64 Inches)

Weight 115 - 125 lbs

Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances

Date of Last Contact December 13, 2018
NamUs Case Created March 18, 2019

Last Known Location Map

Location Florence, Indiana 47020

County Switzerland County

Circumstances of Disappearance

Brittany was last seen on Searcy Ridge in Switzerland County, IN during the early morning hours of 12/13/2018.

Physical Description

Hair Color Red/Auburn

Head Hair Description Dark red dyed hair when last seen

Left Eye Color Hazel

Right Eye Color Hazel

Brittany Hammond Public Search - Indiana
Hosted by Texas Equusearch Ohio / Midwest Chapter
70587909_2376232705808499_6510662107061551104_n.jpg

There will be a public search for Brittany Hammond on Saturday, November 2 starting at 8:00 am

Command Center will be at the East Enterprise Fire Department Station 2
15337 Hill Rd
Florence, Indiana 47020

8:00am -5:00pm commitment, please

Must be 18 years old with valid ID

This will be a foot search only. Please do not bring ATVs, horses, or dogs

Oh great, TES. Excellent.

NOV 25, 2019
'She needs to be found’: Texas EquuSearch teams search for missing Indiana mother Brittany Hammond
[…]

Texas EquuSearch volunteers gave FOX19 NOW a behind-the-scenes look at their efforts to find Hammond during their latest search on November 2.

David Rader, director of the Midwest/Ohio Chapter of Texas EquuSearch, says their volunteers, made up of doctors, psychologists and technology experts, among others, are trained ahead of the searches.

[…]

“Said she’d be back in an hour, and that’s the last anybody had seen her," ML said.

[…]

Her disappearance has stumped and stunned her relatives, who said they have no idea what happened.

[…]

Rader explains they have searched for Hammond and her missing cell phone three times. The latest search took them to the Florence, Indiana area. About 70 volunteers, made up of Texas EquuSearch crews and members of the public, searched for Hammond, alongside four canine teams.

[…]

“I think we’re looking for a body, but again, I’m always optimistic as far as ‘what if," Rader said. "The information that we have in the investigation, I think that we’re looking for remains at this point in time.”

Volunteers and dog teams spent hours on foot canvassing the Florence area that November Saturday, using tools like metal detectors and sticks. After a long day of work, they did not locate Hammond.

[…]

Hammond was last seen in the Patriot, Indiana area. Her family said she changed her hair color quite a bit, but when she was last seen, her hair was red.

[…]

Her family has a “Brittany Hammond Missing” Facebook page focused on Hammond’s disappearance.

Brittany Marie Hammond
hammond_brittany.jpg
hammond_brittany3.jpg
hammond_brittany4.jpg
hammond_brittany6.jpg
hammond_brittany9.jpg

• Missing Since 12/13/2018
  • Missing From Patriot, Indiana
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/03/1988 (31)
  • Age 30 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 115 - 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white jacket.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, hazel eyes. Hammond's hair was dyed dark red at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Hammond was last seen in Patriot, Florence, Indiana during the early morning hours of December 13, 2018. She said she was going to the store, but a friend saw her get into someone else's vehicle. She has never been heard from again.

Hammond's family became concerned and reported her missing after she didn't call them to ask about Christmas dinner. Her cellular phone, which she always carried, has been turned off since her disappearance. She left behind five children. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency Switzerland County Sheriff's Office 812-427-3636

Brittany Marie Hammond – The Charley Project

I've been thinking about Brittany and her children. I can't believe it's been over 2 years since she disappeared.

I am wondering what led TXEQ to search in Florence when she was last seen in Patriot. And, why everything seems to have taken place near the river. The searches.... Her mother and sister walked along the riverbank. The vigil was held at the boat ramp.

Where is her phone that she seldom parted with? Where is Brittany? :(

Patriot, IN to Florence, IN - Google Maps

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member