DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Pepper6564

Reaction score
Harrison county sheriffs department

Hope I did this correctly

*modnote*/adding direct link to missing post

Fourteen (14) year old Jacob Cole McCarty was last seen on September 21, 2021, at approximately 11:15 am at his residence in Corydon, Indiana. Jacob is possibly wearing red Nike shoes. Also missing is his German Shepherd dog, Isabella. Isabella is possibly wearing turquoise harness. Jacob is approximately 5'4", 200lbs, shoulder length black hair, brown eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen this boy before around my hometown. He always seemed sweet. Where is he no amber alert

@Pepper6564 I'm going to check see if anything is out there. I'm sorry. Cute kid and cute dog. When ya saw him was he always walking his dog?

Oh Isabella is a huge shepherd. She surely would protect him. Nothing else out there about this young man.

Last edited:
I have seen this boy before around my hometown. He always seemed sweet. Where is he no amber alert

But he does not have either of these at the moment.

Amber Alerts have very specific criteria:

" AMBER ALERT – INDIANA LAW ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURES THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL INDIANA LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES REQUESTING AMBER ALERT ACTIVATION. ALL ACTIVATIONS ARE STATEWIDE.

AMBER ALERT CRITERIA
1. The child must be under 18 years of age.
2. The child must be believed to be abducted, AND in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
3. There must be enough descriptive information to believe the broadcast will help.
4. Request must be recommended by the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
5. Enter the child into IDACS/NCIC with message key EME."

They don't have enough information for a description to issue one (typically this involves a license plate, car description, etc.)

Now he may qualify for a silver alert.. But same thing they don't have a whole lot of description available.
"SILVER ALERT CRITERIA
1. The person must be a Missing Endangered Adult, Missing Endangered Child, or High Risk Missing Person or have a mental impairment validated through a credible medical authority (Physician, Physician’s Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner).
2. There must be enough descriptive information to believe the broadcast will help.
3. Request must be recommended by the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
4. Enter the person into IDACS/NCIC with message key EME."

But he does not have either of these at the moment.

Amber Alerts have very specific criteria:

" AMBER ALERT – INDIANA LAW ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURES THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL INDIANA LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES REQUESTING AMBER ALERT ACTIVATION. ALL ACTIVATIONS ARE STATEWIDE.

AMBER ALERT CRITERIA
1. The child must be under 18 years of age.
2. The child must be believed to be abducted, AND in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
3. There must be enough descriptive information to believe the broadcast will help.
4. Request must be recommended by the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
5. Enter the child into IDACS/NCIC with message key EME."

They don't have enough information for a description to issue one (typically this involves a license plate, car description, etc.)

Now he may qualify for a silver alert.. But same thing they don't have a whole lot of description available.
"SILVER ALERT CRITERIA
1. The person must be a Missing Endangered Adult, Missing Endangered Child, or High Risk Missing Person or have a mental impairment validated through a credible medical authority (Physician, Physician’s Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner).
2. There must be enough descriptive information to believe the broadcast will help.
3. Request must be recommended by the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
4. Enter the person into IDACS/NCIC with message key EME."

I will pass this info on to his mom

I hope Jacob and Isabella are found safe today.

If I could, I would tell him, Jacob, if you need help getting safely to a relative or home, ask someone to call the police to come help you. That's one reason they are there. Please let them help you.

The sheriffs department says they have searched with helicopters and ground searches
8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Harrison County Sheriff's Department
Several coordinated searches have been completed over several days. Thank you.

• ·
  • · 1h
  • ·
    Edited

In an update from Harrison County Sheriff Nick Smith, Jacob went to walk his dog around 4 p.m. on Tuesday and never came home. Police have been continually searching in an area between May & Joe Rhoads Memorial Pool and Pacer Court Northwest, but have yet to find him.

Smith said Jacob may have met someone online on a video game and had plans to meet them in-person.

Police searching for missing 14-year-old from Harrison County

Uh-oh:(

I'm about 2 hours north of Corydon so this is the first I've heard of this. I hope Jacob & Isabella are both found safe & are back home soon! Praying for him!!!
I hope Isabella is still with him - I have German Shepherds & they love their families SO much!!! They are loyal and protective, yet so sweet and loving if you are family.

Missing: Boy Never Returns Home After Possibly Meeting Online ‘Gamer’ in Wooded Area

In a video posted to Facebook, Harrison County Sheriff Nick Smith and father Jeremiah McCarthy plea that anyone within 200 miles of Corydon check their camera footage to help with search efforts.

"His son has an online gaming presence like many of our children. With the information we collected in this investigation, we believe that his son had met someone online and had plans to meet them, Smith said in the video. "We don't have the manpower to check every camera in a 200-mile radius, but you do. If you have a camera on your house or business, we are going to ask you for about three or four hours of your time. Three of four hours for this father. Look at your footage!"
Have you seen him? Missing Indiana teen believed to be in danger

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Jacob, you are asked to call Harrison County Dispatch at (812) 738-3911, the Harrison County Anonymous Tip Line at (812) 738-8477or their website by clicking here.

Last edited:
I'm sure LE has already done a forensic search of Jacobs computer but I hope they can find clues to the identity of the person Jacob was meeting.
ETA: And hopefully the location where they were supposed to meet!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back