GUILTY IN - Jada Justice, 2, Gary, 16 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure of babysitters birthday but Happy 18th Birthday to her!

Age of Eligibility: In 1987, the General assembly raised the minimum age of eligibility for the death penalty from 10 to 16. In 2002, they raised it from 16 to 18.

i sit here and watch ng, after having watched the news. i'm sorry that michael jackson died but i sit here mad. what about the fact they may have found jade's little body? what about the fact they did find travis baker's body? aren't they JUST as important as michael jackson? don't they deserve the media attention also besides just a little blurp here or there? i know no one can answer or change the way the media works...i just had to rant a few. sorry.
===========
I agree totally. I just logged on and found out this very sad news about this little baby girl. I'm not surprised at the outcome and probably most all of us felt that she had been murdered by either the boyfriend or the babysitter, especially with the news of his burned face. This is just so disgusting and I'm so mad at this moment. I too am totally over saturated with Michael Jackson and would like to see actual news right now. Yes, I liked his music. I was recuperating at home from back surgery when the last court trial was going on for the child molestation charges. He bought his way out of a lot of things. He has made his own adult choices for his lifestyle and has most likely paid the ultimate price with his life. If there was an overdose, he made the choice. This little girl had no choice. I grieve for her at this time.

How did I miss this on TV???
I guess because Micheal Jackson and Farrah
took preferences.
I miss computer internet so bad!
Can only come here and catch up 1 time a day.
Thanks to all for all the updates!
dude I know!

What struck a strange note in me... was the fact that this case is from Gary, IN... Michael Jackson's home town..

I know.

Call me weired.

157owzl.jpg
et.jpg

6/17 to 6/26. Burns healed.
not to toot my own nurse horn or anything but in my take on the burns I could assess that they had happened recently in the first photo. This piece of hades scum will get plenty more where he will be going tho! I hear they like their predators well done down there! Roast away, I say!

So sad. :(

First of all, it seem strange that the drugs they were taking were heroin and weed. When people are on those drugs, the usually don't act like this. IMO -and I said usually. It's normally drugs like meth, crack, etc.

Second of all, I have a feeling that it was the boyfriend who beat the baby. Like another poster said earlier, if the girlfriend did it, I think he would have immediatley left her and let her deal with it all. I think now he's trying to get a deal by turning on her. JMO. I don't know for sure, but it's just a guess.

Either way, I am mad. :furious:

dude I know!

What struck a strange note in me... was the fact that this case is from Gary, IN... Michael Jackson's home town..

I know.

Call me weired.

O/T: That is exactly the same thing I noticed last night. Guess I'm weird too. :crazy:

didn't one of the articles say something about more arrests? i wonder if they kept the death penalty off the table until they get the whole story and all involved. perhaps they figure they're more likely to talk if they think there is a chance for parole. then after the state gets all the info they'll slam them all with DP.

not to toot my own nurse horn or anything but in my take on the burns I could assess that they had happened recently in the first photo. This piece of hades scum will get plenty more where he will be going tho! I hear they like their predators well done down there! Roast away, I say!
Question, nurse ~ how would they seem to have healed so quickly? :confused:

In his testimony to police, Tkachik blamed the girl's death on Castillo, saying the girl died hours after Castillo beat her in the head with her knuckles and after the girl struck her head against a table.

Tkachik said Castillo spanked Jada in an attempt to potty train the girl, but that it escalated June 13 into harsher beating that he claimed to have tried to stop Castillo.

That night, the couple realized Jada wasn't breathing in a car seat in the back of Tkachik's car, on the way to Porter County to buy heroin, Tkachik told investigators.

The two stopped the car, tried administering CPR to the girl, but realized she was dead, court documents state.

"I told you to stop," Tkachik told investigators he told Castillo. "I told you enough is enough."

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2009/06/26/updates/breaking_news/doc4a452d88851ca193114268.txt

hey burn boy... when is "enough" ENOUGH???????????????????????????????????????

Thanks so much. So it seems they could get LWOP after all. :behindbar
That gives me some hope. If any crime deserves the DP it's this and other crimes like it against defenseless children. I don't give the boyfriend a bit of credit for "talking". His face is burnt from setting a baby on fire, but he tried to revive her with CPR ? PLEASE ! It's too late for him to "help" himself, IMO.

:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar...I've been using these a lot today !

Question, nurse ~ how would they seem to have healed so quickly? :confused:
Hi pathera!

When I first saw the initial pictures of the burns several asked for a take on how old they could be... I postulated (ICU and open heart nurse of 20 some years just to give a little of my background) that they happened recently per the photo. He had scabs and liver colored areas of recent healing which meant they were not that thick... that it was almost like a sunburn gone wrong... He had several oozing areas on his neck and around areas that were most likely "protected" during the burn.. like his forehead indicating he perhaps was wearing a baseball cap. Considering that the depth of the burns were partial thickness at the most (like a bad, bad sunburn) I would expect them to have healed over nicely by his next photo... which they seem to have been. This leads me to agree with Kat (((hi Kitty KAT))) that this was a flashover burn from a fire with fuel poured on it. His epidermis was toasted like the outside of a marshmellow. His bad was that he did not seek medial help as it was to his face. After working ER for several years I can tell you that drug cooking accidents don't keep folks away from the ER. After burning a body.. now that would, I would think. And insofar as we know, it did. The great regeneration of his epidermis will matter little while he is bent over the sink in his prison cell. Sorry for being so graphic and negative but that is the LEAST that I hope happens to this that killed little Jada Justice.

That gives me some hope. If any crime deserves the DP it's this and other crimes like it against defenseless children. I don't give the boyfriend a bit of credit for "talking". His face is burnt from setting a baby on fire, but he tried to revive her with CPR ? PLEASE ! It's too late for him to "help" himself, IMO.

:behindbar I hear you friend!!!!! :behindbar

Like I said, a bunch of self-serving nonsense! I don't believe for a minute they tried to revive her after beating her to death. I think he just wants to spare his own life right now and put all the blame on his girlfriend. :furious: MOO

Hi pathera!

When I first saw the initial pictures of the burns several asked for a take on how old they could be... I postulated (ICU and open heart nurse of 20 some years just to give a little of my background) that they happened recently per the photo. He had scabs and liver colored areas of recent healing which meant they were not that thick... that it was almost like a sunburn gone wrong... He had several oozing areas on his neck and around areas that were most likely "protected" during the burn.. like his forehead indicating he perhaps was wearing a baseball cap. Considering that the depth of the burns were partial thickness at the most (like a bad, bad sunburn) I would expect them to have healed over nicely by his next photo... which they seem to have been. This leads me to agree with Kat (((hi Kitty KAT))) that this was a flashover burn from a fire with fuel poured on it. His epidermis was toasted like the outside of a marshmellow. His bad was that he did not seek medial help as it was to his face. After working ER for several years I can tell you that drug cooking accidents don't keep folks away from the ER. After burning a body.. now that would, I would think. And insofar as we know, it did. The great regeneration of his epidermis will matter little while he is bent over the sink in his prison cell. Sorry for being so graphic and negative but that is the LEAST that I hope happens to this that killed little Jada Justice.
Thanks so much for the explanation :) I just couldn't figure out how he would've healed so quickly but I agree, a flashover burn could've just scorched the surface without causing deep damage. I wonder if he got any topical medication to help the process but I'd imagine that he did stay away from an ER or clinic for fear of being questioned. MOO

Lets hope they do go for the DP. Sadly though I dont hear about to many DP cases in my state anymore but sinse this was a sweet baby maybe the state will do the right thing.

Lets hope they do go for the DP. Sadly though I dont hear about to many DP cases in my state anymore but sinse this was a sweet baby maybe the state will do the right thing.

Hi Cuppy, I couldn't believe it when I read what happened to Jada. The thought of being beaten to death just makes me ill. I would love to lash out at him but can't.

I think he is the one who killed her. Do you think he did it with malice of forethought? That's where the rub is gonna be in him getting the death penalty IMO. I wish his trying to burn her body out of existence would be grounds for the DP on top of the vicious way he killed her. I don't hold much hope for that tho.

But I did like what Nurse said about him bending over the sink and think he better watch his back :eek:

That article literally made me sick to my stomach. I just don't understand how people can be so evil and have absolutely no compassion. How could anyone hit that beautiful face? And for POTTY TRAINING???

I was surprised it was EC that did it - I was sure it would be the boyfriend. But again, we haven't heard EC's side of the story. She might blame it all on the bf. I can't believe they could drag that poor baby's body around like she was trash.

And damn it, why did his burns have to heal? I was hoping they would scar him forever. But oh well, like that one commenter said, it was only his first taste of hell. He has plenty more to come.

I've always been against the death penalty - but after reading some of these stories about these innocent children (Jada, Chrisopher Barrios, Neveah) - it's truly fitting. These people don't deserve to keep living after what they've done.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back