IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after missing girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Policy: Every offender committed to the custody of the Department of Corrections (DOC) for a qualifying offense must provide a DNA sample as ordered by DOC staff and required by law, unless it is verified the offender previously provided a sufficient sample and the sample and identifying information is documented in the state’s Combined DNA Index System.
https://doc.sd.gov/documents/Offender DNA Collection7172020.pdf
snipped

Good find!

Next question: what's "qualifying offense" mean? He was in prison for assaulting an officer. Would that crime qualify?

If LE were looking at DNA databases for one type of case, say murder or SA, would they look at DNA of criminals of those crimes only, or any and all DNA even from people convicted of assault? Or would they not look at completely different crimes because there would unlikely be a match? idk

According to this court document:
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

JBC was in the middle of a court case during February 2017. It started in July of 2016, with his arrest for DUI. Over those months, the trial was eventually set for Feb 28, 2017. It ended up getting a continuance. He was later sentenced to 1 year, but got probation as a plea agreement to get treatment for his alcohol use. But all during this time, he was out on a $300 bond. He later (January 2019) had to serve 10 days for probation violations. Am I reading this correctly?

There are three generations with this name. I may be wrong, but I don't believe he is the one with the alcohol related offenses.

snipped

Good find!

Next question: what's "qualifying offense" mean? He was in prison for assaulting an officer. Would that crime qualify?

If LE were looking at DNA databases for one type of case, say murder or SA, would they look at DNA of criminals of those crimes only, or any and all DNA even from people convicted of assault? Or would they not look at completely different crimes because there would unlikely be a match? idk

How integrated are state DNA databases, at this point?

Am I correct that CODIS is federal?

Would any unknown perp DNA samples be sitting in a national database, waiting for states to enter known samples (for whatever reason) and get a hit?

Or, do investigators on cases with unknown perp DNA have to periodically enter their DNA, looking for a match?

Does Indiana allow familial (partial) DNA testing?
What about GED match?

According to this court document:
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

JBC was in the middle of a court case during February 2017. It started in July of 2016, with his arrest for DUI. Over those months, the trial was eventually set for Feb 28, 2017. It ended up getting a continuance. He was later sentenced to 1 year, but got probation as a plea agreement to get treatment for his alcohol use. All during this time, he was out on a $300 bond. He later (January 2019) had to serve 10 days for probation violations. Am I reading this correctly?
When was he released from prison in SD?

I need to get a timeline going.

jmo

How integrated are state DNA databases, at this point?

Am I correct that CODIS is federal?

Would any unknown perp DNA samples be sitting in a national database, waiting for states to enter known samples (for whatever reason) and get a hit?

Or, do investigators on cases with unknown perp DNA have to periodically enter their DNA, looking for a match?

Does Indiana allow familial (partial) DNA testing?
What about GED match?

Indiana is not one of the states that allows familial DNA comparisons with felon samples in state or national databases.

Genetic genealogy, on the other hand, has been used to solve Indiana cold cases in recent years.

Oh ok. I wish they include DOB on the court records.
In Federal employment certain data is considered PII or Personally Identifiable Information. This information includes, for example, social security number, mother's maiden name, place of birth, date of birth. This is information is such that if it falls in the wrong hands can be used for identity theft, among other things. (When paying by check in VA clerks would copy the driver's license number - before VA eliminated the SSN as the driver's license # - and DOB on the check. A law was passed making it illegal to copy either on check by anyone accepting a check.) The court records in the VA system have the DOB partially redacted for this reason.
How the U. of Pitt. describes it. Guide to Identifying Personally Identifiable Information (PII)

Self reported info (so, it could be inaccurate) in his Facebook indicates that he worked as a welder/fabricator at Midwest Railcar Repair which is in Sioux Falls SD starting in 2009. He said he loved this job and left it because he moved to Indiana sometime in 2016. I misunderstood this info at first and had to correct this post..

Last edited:
I was able to view his Facebook this morning but can’t find it now. Has it been shutdown? Teenage daughter signed me up for Tik Tok just now and I am trying to find his user name so I can listen to his voice. TIA!

Self reported info (so, it could be inaccurate) in his Facebook indicates that he worked as a welder/fabricator at Midwest Railcar Repair which is in Sioux Falls SD starting in 2009. He said he loved this job and left it because he moved to Indiana sometime in 2016. I misunderstood this info at first and had to correct this post..

I believe it to be accurate.
Screenshot source pacer.uscourts.gov

Attachments

• FAF83E8B-BBA0-4161-825D-2F14962C5952.jpeg
    FAF83E8B-BBA0-4161-825D-2F14962C5952.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2,463
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online