IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after missing girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to view his Facebook this morning but can’t find it now. Has it been shutdown? Teenage daughter signed me up for Tik Tok just now and I am trying to find his user name so I can listen to his voice. TIA!

I still see it (and I don't have a Tik Tok account). If you can't get it working, he also has tons of FB videos with his voice that are public.

I heard him.
Imo the voice doesn't match BG.

When we're talking about the voice, is it safe to assume what we hear on the media release by LE may not be a 100% match because maybe they had to clean it up a lot to be able to hear the words at all? Maybe its different than in real life because of how it was recorded / cleaned up?

LE recently confirmed in the case you're referring to that the only audio they have that is intelligible are the words "guys...down the hill." So they apparently haven't been hiding other spoken words from the offender as part of an investigative strategy.

oh really, so they really have nothing else to go on then? i've heard chad well speak, can't tell much either way

When we're talking about the voice, is it safe to assume what we hear on the media release by LE may not be a 100% match because maybe they had to clean it up a lot to be able to hear the words at all? Maybe its different than in real life because of how it was recorded / cleaned up?

Or, I was thinking some of the quality of the voice on the recording may be artifacts from the phone being moved, muffled, put into a pocket - possibly? It definitely could be that we aren't hearing a pure, unadulterated sample of the voice.

oh really, so they really have nothing else to go on then? i've heard chad well speak, can't tell much either way

In terms of usable audio of the killer, apparently not. It was revealed by LE that the video itself is much shorter than the public assumed and that "there is not anything earthshattering" on it that could help the public know who did it. They said, though, that LE continues to look into "items" in the video and that they believe it will be an impactful part of an eventual trial.

Peru man charged in theft of liquor store

"James Chadwell, 40, is facing misdemeanor charges of theft and resisting law enforcement after police say he stole a bottle of Disaronno Amaretto and then ran from police, according to a press release from the Indiana State Police."

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

This case was filed with the Court onJanuary 2020:

01 12/30/2019 35-43-4-2(a)/MA: Theft
02 12/30/2019 35-44.1-3-1(a)(3)/MA: Resisting Law Enforcement def. knowingly or intentionally flees from law enfo

Sentencing:
07/14/2020

Judicial Officer:
Banina, Daniel C
2. 35-44.1-3-1(a)(3)/MA: Resisting Law Enforcement def. knowingly or intentionally flees from law enfo
Confinement to Commence: 07/14/2020
County Jail
Term: 124 Days
Jail Credit: 62 Days
Suspended: 0 Days
Comment: served 12/30/19 to 2/28/20 and 7/7/20 to 7/9/20

(Omggggg, wish I saw this post HOURS earlier...
Better late than never. Thanks for the tip, Itd. Going back in.)

Eta/bumping FB link:

*noting hair color in 2016, for reference wrt discussion re: hair dyed or not / already has holes for gauges.

chadwell-5-7-16-jpg.293714

From the above link:

“Sept. 18 — James B. Chadwell, 40, 711 Monroe St., Rochester, booked on a warrant from Miami County. Hold for Miami County.”

ABSOLUTELY. No doubt, imo. It would be standard procedure, but apart from that, if we are all on this like stink on dung, I think it’s safe to presume they are too.

Eta: Bringing forward & noting:

TikTok

(also filing this post)

“In the probable cause affidavit filed on Wednesday, Lafayette Police were told that a 9-year-old girl had left her home around 6:30 p.m. It says that why police were searching for her in the neighborhood, they went to James Chadwell's home where he told police she had been at his home earlier but had since left.”

Court documents: 9-year-old victim says James Chadwell sexually assaulted her

* Note: Re BBM, hopefully there is the PCA published with the victim’s name redacted / (still reading here)

So I'm over here considering whether this creep could be the guy so many of us are hoping he might be... and I'm on the fence! It occurs to me this guy had the gall to give police permission to search his house knowing the kid was in his basement! Did he really think they wouldn't find her? Was she hidden? Gagged? What made him so confident that he'd allow a search? This guy told cops she'd been there and left...

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm over here considering whether this creep could be the guy so many of us are hoping he might be... and I'm on the fence! It occurs to me this guy had the gall to give police permission to search his house knowing the kid was in his basement! Did he really think they wouldn't find her? Was she hidden? Gagged? What made him so confident that he'd allow a search? This guy told cops she'd been there and left...

<modsnip>
Maybe his pitbulls were in the basement, too, so he figured LE wouldn't go down.

BG hasn't done anything (that we know of) to invite LE into his personal space, or allowed them to search, has he?
But at that point, what were his options? (I'm still not clear if he volunteered the info abt her being there, or was asked)
If a person has a TON on their conscience and can't keep a job anyway, just maybe you'd get tired of running. Sounds like he's gotten away with far more than he deserved, any road.

<modsnip>

BG hasn't done anything (that we know of) to invite LE into his personal space, or allowed them to search, has he?

IMO he let the police in to search because he figured it was going to be easier to give an excuse about why she was in there (one that absolves him of responsibility of course) than to resist them.

And also, he's not as smart as he thinks. The typical offender like this doesn't get away with their crimes because they are a mastermind, they get away with it because they are lucky and they are good at reading human behavior. And all it would have taken was LE not going back the second time and he might have gotten away with this very easily.

Here's the 1999 Court Case:

Parties to the Case:

Defendant Chadwell II, James B
Address
5925 Us 31 S Lot 13
Cedar Creek Mobile Home Pk
Peru, IN 46970

BATTERY RESULTING IN SERIOUS BODILY INJU-
Statute
35-42-2-1(a)(3)
Degree
FC
02 08/17/1999 BATTERY RESULTING IN BODILY INJURY-
35-42-2-1(a)(1)(A)
03 08/17/1999 ILLEGAL CONSUMPTION OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVE-
7.1-5-7-7(2)
04 08/17/1999 CRIMINAL RECKLESSNESS RESULTING IN SERIO-

Court Order January 4, 2000:
Defendant appears with counsel, State appears by Jeffrey Sinkovics. Court enters a finding of guilty to Count #2 and to Second Amended Count #4. count #1 and #3 are dismissed. Sentencing heairng held. Court imposes no sentence on Count #2. On count #4 the Court sentences defendant to the Department of Corrections for two years. Sentence suspended except for 280 days. Given credit for 140 actual days served. Placed on probation 450 days. Rules of Probation filed. Alcohol/Drug evaluation. Fine $250.00 CC $125.00 Initial PSF $100.00 and $15.00 monthly. Restitution ordered. Defendant to make payments of $25.00 per week on fees, costs and restitution. Michael Boonstra now withdraws as counsel. JTS Minute Entry Date: 01/04/2000

<modsnip>

Sounds as if the police were knocking on doors and once they ran his name in the cruiser, the screen lit up with his arrest records, especially warrants for his arrest over the years!

Or they called his name in over their attached radio and immediately turned around and ran back.

That would explain them heading back over to his house quickly. And, thankfully!

They saved that little girl's life! ( It's so dreadful what happened to her there.)

JMO

Last edited:
Observations of the arrested suspect in the Lafayette case may be discussed. However, specific reference to another case is not permitted unless LE or media make that connection.

Bringing this reminder forward.
Please do not reference another case that you may think bears resemblance to this suspect UNLESS/UNTIL LE indicates there may be a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413