IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after missing girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay now this starts to make sense..

His tone in many of the TikTok videos is pedantic. He is trying to share his vast wisdom (/sarcasm) and approval/encouragement with his audience. Delusional, narcissistic, and has a self image utterly at odds with his repeatedly violent/criminal actions.

In sum, creepy as hell.

I haven't yet summoned the stomach to take a look at his FB videos. From the thumbnails it looks as though he fancies himself an artist and musician as well. Gag.

I was only able to watch that tik tok that was posted individually. That one opened and played. Again... he mentions something about rape date. Then says the scar didn't come from cutting himself shaving. THEN spins it like he was the hero. I think whatever date that happened, rapes need to be looked at. This guy likes to show his evil and enjoys that no one puts it together.

My opinion, by the way. But it seems clear, to me.

I think he is referring to the TikTok "National Date Rape" day on April 24. I could totally be wrong, but this sick and twisted challenge on TikTok is just so wrong!

With his prison record, I'm not sure this guy would necessarily confine himself to any specific age group. There are sex offenders who have a preference and other offenders where ... if it walks ...

Child Molesters: Preferential vs Situational Sex Offenders

Pedophilic child molesters have a preferential sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. This preference may be exclusive (i.e., they are only sexually attracted to children who have not yet developed secondary sexual characteristics) or non-exclusive (i.e., they are sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children and adults). It is important to note here that not all pedophilic individuals act upon their sexual urges. Therefore, the terms pedophile and child molester are not synonymous.

Non-pedophilic child molesters are sometimes referred to as situational sex offenders because it may be particular circumstance that triggers their offending, rather than their sexual orientation. ...

so in the case of nonpedophilic child molesters, do they also tend to be serial offenders, but they don’t just stick to one age? Or is it possible this is chadwick’s first sexual offense? Trying to wrap my head around this.

I think he is referring to the TikTok "National Date Rape" day on April 24. I could totally be wrong, but this sick and twisted challenge on TikTok is just so wrong!

Is THAT what people are going on about with the 24th?! Ugh, I don't want to be a human anymore. I want to be a cat, but one with thumbs.

Perhaps his late mother’s rings? She was petite and the sizes would work although given his history IDK where they came from... IMO

he says in the post that he purchased them
ETA: he doesn't actually say he bought them but he says he 'invested $500' and that they were never worn

Last edited:
I hereby proclaim April 24th as "Arrest a Rapist Day"

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
IIRC, I did read something similar about a "biological" dad and being in another family with the name only relation.

Read that as well. If it's for DNA purposes siblings would have the same biological mother though.
so in the case of nonpedophilic child molesters, do they also tend to be serial offenders, but they don’t just stick to one age? Or is it possible this is chadwick’s first sexual offense? Trying to wrap my head around this.

No data to back this up, but allegedly these are the worst of the worst. Not sticking to a sex or a particular age group. Albeit more an age thing.

Sum it up the weak are going to suffer. Any kid they can get their hands on will do.

This creep and his wanting a woman 30 years of age to me is a tell. Total BS. He's going after little innocent girls. JMO but I think he is preferential if that makes sense?

Remember somehow we were able to see Todd Koelhepp’s Amazon wish list? I wonder if that’s possible here.

JBC had mentioned “ordering supplies” on his FB. I remember wondering at the time if this was code for weed, if he was dealing. Just a thought.

WTF?!?! I cannot deal with today! How in the world are there so many sickos out there that a day of assault on women and children is created and talked about by anyone enough to become a "thing". He was arrested before then. Good thing, I guess. If Apr 24 was going to give him permission, then it would have been even worse that his horrific "regular" day.

I don't know what we may learn about Chadwell, but we probably have examples of other non pedo child molesters who have more than just the one victim. If there is only known one, chances are there were other victims that they just hadn't been caught for.

One example is Canadian serial killer Clifford Olson. His 11 victims ranged from 9 to 18, male and female. Prior to his death in prison, he claimed responsibility for other victims (iirc, some in their 20s or 30s), but it was never able to be determined if he was telling the truth. One victim he claimed to be responsible for was Deborah Silverman who was 21 y.o.

Inmate faces assault sentence
"A South Dakota Penitentiary inmate from Rapid City faces an additional prison sentence of up to 15 years after being convicted of aggravated assault at an Oct. 11 court trial in Pierre."
"James B. Chadwell, 23, was charged with aggravated assault after attacking a guard in March."

South Dakota Attorney General :

October 16, 2002 Press Release:

James B. Chadwell, a South Dakota Penitentiary inmate, was convicted of aggravated assault by Judge William H. Srstka, Jr. at a court trial last Friday.

Chadwell was charged with aggravated assault after attacking a guard in March. Aggravated assault is a class 3 felony, which carries a maximum penalty of 15 years and/or a $15,000 fine. No sentencing date has been set.

Chadwell was sentenced to the penitentiary for an aggravated assault charge out of Pennington County. He was convicted on that charge in 2000.

Chadwell’s prosecution is being handled by the South Dakota Attorney General’s Office.

January 15, 2003 Press Release:

Inmate Sentenced for Aggravated Assault

James B. Chadwell, a South Dakota Penitentiary inmate, was sentenced on Tuesday by Judge William H. Srstka, Jr. Chadwell had been charged with aggravated assault after attacking a guard at the penitentiary in March 2002. He was later tried and convicted in a trial to the court. Chadwell received a sentence of 10 years with 5 years suspended as a result of the conviction. He will begin serving this sentence after he completes a previous sentence. Prior to this event, Chadwell was serving time in the penitentiary for an aggravated assault conviction out of Pennington County that occurred in 2000.

Aggravated assault is a class 3 felony, which carries a maximum penalty of 15 years and/or a $15,000 fine.

Chadwell’s prosecution was handled by the South Dakota Attorney General’s Office.

I see he has that nose cut on 4-7 on his tiktok videos. Thats the date of his first one. Whoever got him, got him good!!! And I am glad!!! We need to go back and see if we can find the date range when it appeared. It seems fairly fresh on 4-7.

Please note: the "age" of each Offender is updated automatically. He was not 42 in 2016. but that's his age now.

Offender Locator :: SD Dept of Corrections

CHADWELL, JAMES B.
Race
White
Hair Color
Brown
Eye Color
Brown
Height
5' 8"
Weight
170 lbs.
Alias(es)
Chadwell, Blue Chadwell, James Brian
DOC Number
Current Facility
Outside
Parole Office
NA
Correctional Status
Completed Sentence

Additional Info
NA

08/04/2016 (Paroled)

Last edited:
I don't know what we may learn about Chadwell, but we probably have examples of other non pedo child molesters who have more than just the one victim. If there is only known one, chances are there were other victims that they just hadn't been caught for.

One example is Canadian serial killer Clifford Olson. His 11 victims ranged from 9 to 18, male and female. Prior to his death in prison, he claimed responsibility for other victims (iirc, some in their 20s or 30s), but it was never able to be determined if he was telling the truth. One victim he claimed to be responsible for was Deborah Silverman who was 21 y.o.

Another thing I can’t help but think about lately, unfortunately, is ARS who killed Jessica. Before he killed Jessica, who was only 10, he had attacked an adult female jogger some months prior. Sometimes pedophiles/hebephiles may not exclusively prey on young victims. So, I think it’s important to keep this mind as we evaluate the potential for his connection to other cases, for example, Alicia Hummel (still needing to confirm where he was on June 1, 2015 - still behind here and studying all the documents, catching up. Maybe it’s already been answered/posted.) There is so much material. At some point we are going to need some major organization here . Feel free to volunteer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member