IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after missing girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hit and run was likely another person with that name since JC was in prison at that time. But I am wondering if they have his DNA from that prison stint in SD.

50% of me is hopeful and 50% of me is braced for disappointing news.

The good news is, this guy is locked up and can't hurt young girls anymore.

jmo
Initial story about the SD inmate.
Inmate faces assault sentence

Last edited:
Initial story about the SD inmate.
Inmate faces assault sentence
From that link, he was first sent to prison for assaulting an officer who was "trying to arrest him in connection with damage caused to a vehicle parked in downtown Rapid City."

Then he assaulted a corrections officer while in prison which brought him a longer stint in prison.

Wonder why he was in SD? I'm guessing for work? Where was he before? I'd like to know if there any unsolved crimes in places he lived similar to the one he was arrested for now. He was arrested in 2000.

jmo

From that link, he was first sent to prison for assaulting an officer who was "trying to arrest him in connection with damage caused to a vehicle parked in downtown Rapid City."

Then he assaulted a corrections officer while in prison which brought him a longer stint in prison.

Wonder why he was in SD? I'm guessing for work? Where was he before? I'd like to know if there any unsolved crimes in places he lived similar to the one he was arrested for now. He was arrested in 2000.

jmo
Only thing I've found from his fb was a referral to being in TN in 1994, iirc. There's a 1999 court record in IN, and I'm not sure which JBC it is, but either way it seems to put them in IN by then. Jmo

This guy appears like he is out of it, especially calling attention to himself by telling police missing girl had been at his house. Maybe it won’t be that hard for Homicide Investigators to get him to confess if he is the Delphi Murderer. Chadwell appears to crave attention and in a twisted way maybe he wanted to be caught so he could become relevant and notorious.

This guy appears like he is out of it, especially calling attention to himself by telling police missing girl had been at his house. Maybe it won’t be that hard for Homicide Investigators to get him to confess if he is the Delphi Murderer. Chadwell appears to crave attention and in a twisted way maybe he wanted to be caught so he could become relevant and notorious.
I'm thinking maybe some neighbor saw her in his yard or even talking to him? Maybe that's why he offered oh yeah I saw her but she left.

That one article I posted earlier mentioned his neighbor coming home and seeing JC talking to someone in a car out back/side his house when LE came enforce. Chilling to think what would have happened if the cops hadn't come right then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16