GUILTY IN - Kamie Ratcliff, 27, Mitchell, 18 Jan 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Indiana State Police Release Information In Mitchell Murder Investigation."

"Updated February 4, 2016 4:27 PM"

" "After interviewing witnesses, detectives have found probable cause to believe Lincoln Ray Pickett shot and killed a victim believed to be Kamie Ratcliff while both were in his vehicle," wrote ISP Sgt. Curt Durnil."

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...ormation-in-mitchell-murder-investigation.php

Is the residence very isolated? No close neighbors? I ask because, and forgive me if this is upsetting, burning a human body smells really bad. Really really bad, and for quite a long time (hours, if not a day). I don't understand how they could burn her down to where only bones are left and nobody noticed that smell.

Horrific case. RIP Kamie.

Most of the places out there are very isolated.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...ormation-in-mitchell-murder-investigation.php

This witness (relative) that saw Lincoln on the 22nd, and Lincoln confessed to this witness, well, why didn't this witness go to the police immediately? They saw blood in the back of the Blazer. They allegedly received a gun from Lincoln, according to the article.

Will this witness be an accessory to the crime?
Or because after LE showed up at this witnesses home, and they spilled the beans, that they will get a lesser sentence, or even immunity?

Does anyone know, or have an opinion?

IMOO.

ETA:
Also, Lincoln was a felon.
Wouldn't this witness be in trouble with the law for receiving a gun from a felon?
IMOO.

Does anybody know who will be taking care of Jasmine's children?
Surely she isn't in the care of her children, right?
Wouldn't DHS step in? She is out on bond right now.

IMOO.

Rumor is the relative will be charged with something but I haven't heard what exactly. This wasn't said by LE or any other official so I'm not 100% sure.

One of my Facebook friends mentioned that saw Jasmine out and about town on Tuesday acting like everything was normal.

ETA: WDRB.com is supposed to have the story on their 10:00 news tonight.

Rumor is the relative will be charged with something but I haven't heard what exactly. This wasn't said by LE or any other official so I'm not 100% sure.

One of my Facebook friends mentioned that saw Jasmine out and about town on Tuesday acting like everything was normal.

ETA: WDRB.com is supposed to have the story on their 10:00 news tonight.

Wow! Her whole life should be Upside Down!
IMOO.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31145951/mother-of-four-shot-body-burned-in-lawrence-county-ind

"Mother of four shot, body burned in Lawrence County, Ind."
"Posted: Feb 04, 2016 7:42 PM MST"
"Updated: Feb 04, 2016 8:19 PM MST"

Snipped By Me...

"Then, on Feb. 3, Lincoln Pickett’s sister told police during an interview that her brother told her “he, Jasmine and this girl were going for a ride and that the girl hit Lincoln in the head a couple of times and then shot her in the face.” "

Thanks for the Update!

Good!!!!!! As she Should!!!

What kind of a person does this type of thing?

Were they all on drugs??

No conscience??

Throw the Book at BOTH OF THEM.

DISGUSTING!!

And the relative of Lincoln who didn't report this immediately, or that was my understanding,
by reading articles…. they should be sentenced, for some offense, imoo, for helping these two as well, if they didn't report it immediately, because what about Kamie's family and LE?
This individual knew about things that Lincoln said and this person saw blood according to MSM, so why not call 911, go to the police Immediately??

I don't understand the caliber of these kinds of people.
Pathetic!!

IMOO.

ETA:

an older article:

According to this article the Timeline of events starts from Jan. 24th thru Jan 28th.

But yet on the 22nd, the relative learns about Lincoln killing his "buddy" and this relative saw blood in the vehicle.

Did the relative see Kamie's body?

Even though Kamie was not identified as missing until the 24th, I would think that surely the relative would have gone to LE with this information from Lincoln before the 24th?
But yet the article mentions LE talked to the relative on a Wednesday, so that was days after the relative spoke to Lincoln and saw the blood.

I guess we will learn more when the trial starts.

IMOO.

I'm so glad I moved out of Lawrence County, I just wish I could get my DD to leave also. I got tired of living next to the Flintstones and the Rubbles.. Bedrock and Mitchel aren't even nice places to visit let enough to live, or die in.

I'm so glad I moved out of Lawrence County, I just wish I could get my DD to leave also. I got tired of living next to the Flintstones and the Rubbles.. Bedrock and Mitchel aren't even nice places to visit let enough to live, or die in.

A friend of mine knew Gus Grissom, the test pilot and astronaut. Gus was from Mitchell.

It is sad how times change, though.

IMOO.

This is the town I grew up in. Unfortunately, it's been over taken with meth and heroin. I was there visiting family during the holidays and mentioned to my mom that 75% of the people I saw were obviously on one or the other. They've recently declared a health emergency due to needle use and hepatitis running rampant.

Yes, I recall the Dept. of Public Health in several southern Indiana towns issuing warnings about this problem last year!

From May 6, 2016

Lawrence County Superior Court I Judge Michael Robbins is denying Lincoln Pickett's public defender's request for a change of venue in the Lincoln Pickett case. Pickett is charged with the murder of 29-year-old Kamie Ratcliff and is is accused of shooting and killing Ratcliff and then burning her body behind his home in the 3400 block of U.S.50 West in late January. Judge Robbins ruled that the 'excitement' about these cases has already begun to subside and will have significantly subsided by the time of any trial.

http://www.wflq.com/news.html

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the 'Found Deceased' section?

Kamie is still considered a "missing person" because the remains found on the Pickett's property have still not been identified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back