Found Deceased IN - Kyran Holland, 1, Kyannah Holland, 2, Kyle Moorman II, 5, & dad, Kyle Moorman, 27, Indianapolis, 6 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It bugs me endlessly that he didn’t bring anything for the kids. It really makes no sense to me. I keep imagining being a helpless child buckled in, sleeping and then suddenly drowning. I wish I didn’t know anything about that process. I really hope we’ll find out he tried to get them out and died while doing so.

It bugs me endlessly that he didn’t bring anything for the kids. It really makes no sense to me. I keep imagining being a helpless child buckled in, sleeping and then suddenly drowning. I wish I didn’t know anything about that process. I really hope we’ll find out he tried to get them out and died while doing so.
Me too…especially food or drinks. Little ones love their snacks while riding in a car, while looking out the window, anticipating their destination. I can imagine young Kyle looking forward to fishing with his dad. I can’t understand how he was going to let the tiny ones enjoy the adventure except for keeping them in their car seats alone In the car.

Me too…especially food or drinks. Little ones love their snacks while riding in a car, while looking out the window, anticipating their destination. I can imagine young Kyle looking forward to fishing with his dad. I can’t understand how he was going to let the tiny ones enjoy the adventure except for keeping them in their car seats alone In the car.
Since it was night maybe he thought they would just sleep. Many young kids fall asleep as soon as they are put into a vehicle.

Drinks and snacks would lead to the need for trips to the bathroom.

JMO

Alicia Cortes Gonzalez lives just off the pond. She and her family have lived in their home for about a year and said people fish on the water often but she believes the land is private property.

”I think it’s privately owned and people break in and fish, because it’s usually gated and locked,” Cortes Ganzalez said.

She said she believes the gate to the pond has been open for about a month. Cortes Gonzalez said she and her family did not see anything unusual down on the water. She said they even fished there Sunday, after Moorman and his kids were last seen.

In IMPD’s timeline of events, detectives had been at the pond near Bluff and Troy at 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, seven hours before a body was spotted in the water and police were called back to the scene. Detectives and Aviation Units searched the pond using drones on Tuesday afternoon, police said, but nothing was located and no signs of a car entering the water were spotted.

IMPD said family members of Moorman approached detectives while they were searching the pond Tuesday afternoon and told them that they had hacked Moorman’s email and discovered his last known location was near the pond.

IMPD said detectives then scheduled for a DNR sonar boat to search the pond at 9 a.m. on Wednesday.

But even according to IMPD Tuesday was not the first time detectives heard about the phone ping linking Moorman to the pond near Bluff and Troy.

Ultimately, Moorman’s body was spotted by an unidentified individual in the very pond family and police walked around on Monday near Bluff and Troy. Early Wednesday, Moorman’s car was pulled out from under the surface of the pond and the body of his three young children were found within.

Police have not clarified why early reports of Moorman’s phone pinging at the pond near Bluff and Troy were not deemed credible until Tuesday.

A complete breakdown of IMPD’s investigative timeline can be found here.
OK. No good can come from me engaging in a point by point pissing match with LE right now. It’s in no way helpful to figuring out what happened to Kyle and the babies. But I’m frustrated because I personally know that at least three things in the above summary of the timeline document are misleading at best or factually untrue. And that’s just the summary. Note, this is FIRST HAND knowledge, not info I received from talking to anyone else. I understand this is vague, you don’t know me and rightfully may be skeptical, but I had to say that much because it’s been painful to read.

I agree w/an earlier poster who said this timeline was largely crafted as a response to accusations from family made at a time of tremendous emotional duress. Accusations likely to have died down with time and perspective. However, faced with a document like this, I suspect many of us would feel the need to “set the record straight” in an effort to defend ourselves. I know I would.

There may be a time and place when sorting out who could have done what differently will be appropriate and helpful. But IMO now is a time for family grief and LE investigation. So as I said earlier, for now I’m going to do my very best to avoid commenting here re LE’s activity this past week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kind of confused by that because them finding a baby bottle would indicate that he did bring something. Although strange to bring a bottle for the baby but not something like diapers. The more I think about it though and try to rationalize it, I realize it's a fruitless endeavor... I remember when my kid was a baby, and I only have one kid, I was extremely scatterbrained and would forget really obvious stuff at home all the time, especially if there was some unexpected change of plans that threw me off.

Since it was night maybe he thought they would just sleep. Many young kids fall asleep as soon as they are put into a vehicle.

Drinks and snacks would lead to the need for trips to the bathroom.

JMO
So true. I wasn’t thinking of nighttime. Little ones do hear the sound of the car and the turning of wheels as a lullaby. Hopefully, they were sound asleep when the car went into the water. If anyone might have been awake, it would probably have been Kyle. I’m upset about this tragedy and am just too anxious for answers.

Last edited:
I was kind of confused by that because them finding a baby bottle would indicate that he did bring something. Although strange to bring a bottle for the baby but not something like diapers. The more I think about it though and try to rationalize it, I realize it's a fruitless endeavor... I remember when my kid was a baby, and I only have one kid, I was extremely scatterbrained and would forget really obvious stuff at home all the time, especially if there was some unexpected change of plans that threw me off.

It could be that he had extra diapers, etc. in the car already. He may not have anticipated a diaper change, but knew if one was needed, extra supplies were available. I always had at least one spare diaper somewhere in my car when my babies were little; wipes as well.

Regarding the bottle, didn't a member of the family identify it as the bottle she'd made for the baby before they left to go fishing? I'll try to add that reference in a few minutes.

I'm curious about how long Kyle had had sole custody of the children - was he still in the learning phase? Three babies at once is A LOT. It sounds like family is close and he had quite a bit of help, but still. I don't know what these children had been through prior to his custody win (or was it willingly signed over?), but it's possible he just wanted them all together for the sake of just enjoying being together. I don't know what it's like for a dad, but as a mom there have definitely been times that I just wanted my babies. I remember risking waking him in the middle of the night when I crawled into my four year old's bed just to feel peaceful after a bad dream woke me up. :)

Edited to add reference about the bottle being recognized - it was from a post made by our verified insider A few pages back:

"The family is convinced the baby bottle discovered near that pad yesterday belongs to one of the children as Kyle’s Mom (sister?) recognized it as the bottle she’d made for the baby earlier that evening."

Last edited:
The best data I found was posted at this link which includes a detailed Timeline provided by IMPD:

Posted at 11:34 AM, Jul 13, 2022 and last updated 7:34 PM, Jul 13, 2022

Man, kids pulled from pond ID'ed as missing father and children

I am shocked by the tips that came in for this case. Almost everyone of them were deemed unfounded including this mean-spirited one that states:

For all that is holy, that person should be arrested for filing a false report!

This July 11 Tip indicates the family members could not confirm the items found belonged to Kyle and his children:

This July 12 @ 10:35 Tip shows me the father had no intentions of wrecking that Saab on the evening of the fishing trip with his children:

As a PADI certified scuba diver, I don't want to die drowning. I can only hope the deaths of these sleeping tiny babies was swift and as painless as possible. My heart fills with sorrow for all those who knew this family and those who loved them dearly. They will be missed but not forgotten.

I agree that the person who filed the malicious tip of the threats to kill Kyle and the kids should be investigated. Just so mean spirited. I also agree that LE were working non-stop from the time the family was reported missing. Most of it behind the scenes. Finding the baby bottle didn't ramp up focus on the quarry pond since family members couldn't verify unconditionally it belonged to the baby.

Like you, the appointment to get the windshield replaced should cement that the deaths of this family was a tragic accident. But I also know that people planning suicide have dropped off dry cleaning to be picked up at a later date or made dinner plans with people they had no intentions of keeping.

Unless the investigation can unequivocally say this was an accident there will always be questions, unfortunately. That's how conspiracy theories start. Autopsies hopefully will provide more information. I am interested in the injuries that Kyle sustained. I would like to believe they came from heroic efforts to save his children.

I find this entry interesting from the IMPD investigation since there is speculation he intentionally drove his car into the pond. I don't think so:

07/12/2022, 10:35AM- Tip: Auto Glass repair business advised that Kyle Moorman had his windshield replaced the day he went missing. Text messages from Kyle Moorman and invoice collected.

I find this entry interesting from the IMPD investigation since there is speculation he intentionally drove his car into the pond. I don't think so:

07/12/2022, 10:35AM- Tip: Auto Glass repair business advised that Kyle Moorman had his windshield replaced the day he went missing. Text messages from Kyle Moorman and invoice collected.
I agree. This is a very important piece of info IMO. Why would one replace a windshield if you planned to not be around anymore.

I don’t know the person who said he didn’t bring diapers, etc. but I’ve assumed all along he probably had some diapers in the car and possibly a spare inhaler. And the not feeding them before leaving—it’s possible he was planning to take them to McDonalds or DQ as a treat or just to get out the door quicker to start fishing sooner. That’s what my own Dad would have done.

I also think it’s possible (pure speculation) that the person who made the comment exaggerated w/the best of intentions thinking it would make the situation seem more urgent to LE.

Or not. IMO these things may or may not have actually happened and if they did may or may not point ro state of mind.

Praying the autopsy will provide answers.

There was a baby bottle for the littlest one, and there may have been other drinks for the other 2. It was nighttime, so if he planned on them sleeping, the snacks and whatnot weren't necessary.

I agree. This is a very important piece of info IMO. Why would one replace a windshield if you planned to not be around anymore.

I remember hearing of someone who booked a holiday before they killed themselves. There was someone on here once who said their relative went to the dentist and then took his life later on that same day. Not saying that it's the case here, but like Hexe said, some people just carry on as normal until the final moment. Or something happens and it's a spur of the moment thing.

Last edited:
Deeply saddened over the outcome. Sometimes we read too much into clues and most times not enough. In my opinion, this was most likely an accident that occurred when the phone died.

We all live a life, we all make choices, usually they're unplanned and last minute. His plans were not last minute, so it seems...he was going fishing. I'm still trying to locate the facts but it appears he was going to go fishing with his brother late that night and drop his two youngest off at his brother's house to be babysat while they fished. But because I can't solidify that online story.... Then my opinion is he was going fishing late at night with his three young kids that he loved and took very good care of, he didn't bring a lot of supplies that we're aware of, because it was late at night and they would be sleeping. I don't even believe that this should even be a point of discussion or contention, it was late at night and he was just going fishing. What supplies would you bring for little kids if you think they're going to be sleeping? He was a young father, a single young father taking care of three young children. He was living his life.

I would like to add, and this is just my opinion, no offense to single dads or dads in general. But in my experience as a mother of three with many many friends with children, it is usually the mom or female figure who details and thinks of all the little things you might need. Guys in general are the doers, the workers, the problem solvers, they get the job done...and sometimes the little details that females are notorious for are just not part of the psyche of a man. Again just my opinion and no offense to any guy out there that reads this that's the opposite or that is very detailed and brings everything and thinks of everything that goes in a diaper bag or a bag.

Circling back to my thoughts, when the phone died. He was texting 2 females probably on a dating app, no big deal, very common and especially after covid and the shutdown of the world it is usually the way people meet these days. And with three small children he doesn't really have a whole lot of time to get out and date unless he's sure of the person that he wants to see. Anyway, he said he couldn't take a picture because the children were sleeping which is where I find the story confusing of what happened. Why couldn't he take a picture??? Was it because it was dark and the flash would wake the children up because he was in the car while he was texting? By him stating that about not being able to take a picture would not make sense if he was out of the car on the shoreline fishing as the light would not have affected the sleeping children in the car. So, In my opinion something happened after that moment. Perhaps he got out of the car to take the picture and by doing so something disengaged and the car went in and he went in after the car and the phone died upon immersion.........

This is a tragic, unimaginable, horrible outcome no matter how we try to figure it out. Especially for the mom/grandma, as I am a mother and a grandmother and I would be utterly devastated. She lost her grandbabies and her son. There's nothing worse. I will be praying for this family.

I remember hearing of someone who booked a holiday before they killed themselves. There was someone on here once who said their relative went to the dentist and then took his life later on that same day. Not saying that it's the case here, but like Hexe said, some people just carry on as normal until the final moment. Or something happens and it's a spur of the moment thing.
My BIL committed suicide a year ago. Got a haircut two hours before he did it. Laid out his clothes for the next day which his habit. Walked right past my sister in their house, went into his garage, and killed himself. Absolutely zero indication of mental health issues ever in his life.

I only relate this to say people do very ‘normal’ things. Until they don’t.

Of course in this case we don’t know and may never know. I don’t want to believe this was anything more than a horrible and tragic accident. Praying for the repose of their souls and for comfort for the family.
MOO

This is still just breaking the mother's/ grandma's heart inside of me. Kyle seems like a good man & good dad to me, probably working his butt off to provide for his 3 littles & just wanted to spend some time with them. We never know when we'll be called home (to that big fishing pond) so tell your loved ones you love them every chance you get, hold your babies tight (even if they're 35 & 32 like mine are) & never pass up the opportunity to do someone a kindness. I appreciate each & every one of you here - your insight, your humor & your thoughts are valuable to me. Thank you for taking your time & energy to help try to bring missing people home!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.
Back