IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does LE know? That is the question.

They know who was involved in the altercation and how it transpired.
They know the activity which occurred in the alley and possibly the condition LS was in
They have the cell phone of LS
They have the missing person's report.
They know how JW explained to the Spierers that LS was missing and the Spierers impression of that.
They know what the Spierers thought about JW.

What else do we know they know which we've been asking?

Didn't someone's lawyer also say a call was made at 4:15 from JR's phone? I know we've been over this...it wasn't just HT who said it. If a lawyer said it, then it happened, as it could be verified, IMO.

Also, why would JW still be a POI if he had gone to bed and there was no texting, no phone calls, etc...? Just because he is the boyfriend? I guess it's possible, but it seems as though there would be more of a reason.

And JR saying that LS left his house at 4:30AM means to me that either she did, or that he knows she was seen at his house just before that time.

Just to clarify in case you were commenting on my post, I agree that the phone call is real, and verified by two people (HT and CR's lawyer). I was asking why he would claim that it was made by LS and not himself it that was not true? Is that untrue? I don't see the point of making up this particular detail about the phone call...?

She wouldn't need the key card if she decided to walk to JW's. Would there be video showing that? I don't know. Assuming there wouldn't be then that would answer the question of if he had anything to do with her disappearance how could he find her that night and not be seen around Smallwood... He wouldn't have had to find her in this scenario, she would've come to him.

Showing up at his door at 4:30AM barefoot and wasted might've allowed his mind to wander on just what she'd been up to. ...even if his friends hadn't already told him.... And at this point we (the public) have no idea if he'd learned anything about her companion that night or not.

Statistically, he most likely did it. He clearly could have motive (jealousy, anger). His actions the afternoon of the 3rd, based on what we know, could be construed as jumping the gun by automatically assuming she was missing and escalating the situation.

He'd also have the longest period of time to dispose of the body and evidence because he'd be in total control of the situation as to when anyone was going to consider her missing. Very little chance anyone else was going to consider her missing before he did that day. He could've even bought more time. But, if he's trying to remove suspicion from himself then he'd also want to be the one to notice her missing. Which could explain giving himself plenty of time to dispose of the body and clean up evidence, yet jumping the gun on being sure she was thought of as 'missing' and not allowing someone else to get curious a little later.

But, we don't know if he had opportunity....

BBM...

Do we know where JW lives? I believe his address was speculated in earlier threads in which someone used google maps to find the distance and found out that it was at least a 30 minute walk.

Again, this is just what I recall from earlier threads, so maybe he may live closer than originally thought.

But my thoughts are that if he does live a 30 minute walk away, I doubt she would have done that alone at 4:30am, possibly drunk or high, and barefoot.

Something that seems pretty obvious is that if the statement JR gave to LE early in the investigation was credible and consistent with statements given by others and available phone and video records, WE WOULD BE LOOKING FOR A PREDITOR WHO ABDUCTED LS SOMEWHERE ALONG COLLEGE AROUND 4:30. There was a serious problem with what JR told LE.

Something that seems pretty obvious is that if the statement JR gave to LE early in the investigation was credible and consistent with statements given by others and available phone and video records, WE WOULD BE LOOKING FOR A PREDITOR WHO ABDUCTED LS SOMEWHERE ALONG COLLEGE AROUND 4:30. There was a serious problem with what JR told LE.

The serious problem with his story now is that they did look and they couldn't find any evidence of an abduction. And if it was an abduction, they may never find evidence of it, as we all know on CS, it happens all the time! They really, really pursued that white truck, would thy have done that if they were convinced that JRs story was not true? They may not be convinced it is true, but they didn't act like they thought it wasn't either.

Didn't someone's lawyer also say a call was made at 4:15 from JR's phone? I know we've been over this...it wasn't just HT who said it. If a lawyer said it, then it happened, as it could be verified, IMO.

Also, why would JW still be a POI if he had gone to bed and there was no texting, no phone calls, etc...? Just because he is the boyfriend? I guess it's possible, but it seems as though there would be more of a reason.

And JR saying that LS left his house at 4:30AM means to me that either she did, or that he knows she was seen at his house just before that time.
DR's attorney said his client did receive a phone call from JR, but he did not answer and does not know who placed the call. I'll find the link.

Calls and texts might've gone to JW's phone, maybe he even answered some of them. That doesn't mean he left his apartment, but it gives him motive. And if he was home in bed and his roommate(s) were asleep or not home, then he has no rock solid alibi. With no one talking and so little to go on, LE has to remain open to all possibilities. It would be interesting to know how they rate the persons of intereset on the likelihood of their involvement.

Just to clarify in case you were commenting on my post, I agree that the phone call is real, and verified by two people (HT and CR's lawyer). I was asking why he would claim that it was made by LS and not himself it that was not true? Is that untrue? I don't see the point of making up this particular detail about the phone call...?

To make us believe she was alive. Gulp.

DR's attorney said his client did receive a phone call from JR, but he did not answer and does not know who placed the call. I'll find the link.

Calls and texts might've gone to JW's phone, maybe he even answered some of them. That doesn't mean he left his apartment, but it gives him motive. And if he was home in bed and his roommate(s) were asleep or not home, then he has no rock solid alibi. With no one talking and so little to go on, LE has to remain open to all possibilities. It would be interesting to know how they rate the persons of intereset on the likelihood of their involvement.

Think only HT has specified the caller, don't think Chapman ever specified a name on who called DR:

Rohn received a phone call about 4:15 a.m. June 3, Chapman said. “Somebody called Rohn’s number at 4:15 and it was not answered, but I don’t know who called,” he said.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/17/news.327394.sto

To make us believe she was alive. Gulp.

His stories attempt to demonstrate she could talk and she could walk. Yeah, right. Oh, and duh, this just came to me. He put it at 4:15/4:30 because that just might be barely enough time for her to sober up from when others last saw her.

They really, really pursued that white truck, would thy have done that if they were convinced that JRs story was not true?

Quite possibly. The truck could be an accomplice who aids in disposal of the body.

I am walking back at least a little my suspicion of JR, but I still find it hard to come up with a believable scenario in which both he is telling the truth and LE remains focused on what the friends know.

Could someone at least put some gloves on and mail an anonymous note from a distant city and mail in a note where L can be found?? Something? A clue for these poor suffering people?

I am sure whomever did it would not do that due to evidence found on her body. Maybe LE should not have asked for DNA so fast.

His stories attempt to demonstrate she could talk and she could walk. Yeah, right. Oh, and duh, this just came to me. He put it at 4:15/4:30 because that just might be barely enough time for her to sober up from when others last saw her.

And to indicate that he was not with DR. Afterall you would not call him if he was in your apartment.

The serious problem with his story now is that they did look and they couldn't find any evidence of an abduction. And if it was an abduction, they may never find evidence of it, as we all know on CS, it happens all the time! They really, really pursued that white truck, would thy have done that if they were convinced that JRs story was not true? They may not be convinced it is true, but they didn't act like they thought it wasn't either.

BBM

I definitely believe they still would. It could have been someone who had helped aid in the removal of Lauren.

Think only HT has specified the caller, don't think Chapman ever specified a name on who called DR:

Rohn received a phone call about 4:15 a.m. June 3, Chapman said. “Somebody called Rohn’s number at 4:15 and it was not answered, but I don’t know who called,” he said.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/17/news.327394.sto
You're right. Chapman made it clear his client doesn't know who called him. Here's another link:

Chapman, who represented Rohn in a prior public intoxication case and spoke with him in recent days about his interactions with Spierer, would only say that that "somebody" called Rohn at 4:15 a.m. and that "he didn't answer his phone because he was in bed."He did say that police questioned Rohn.
"It's pretty clear that the police looked at his phone," Chapman said. "They wanted to talk to him and everything seemed copacetic."
http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...mor-overdose-new-details-her-night-parents-TV

I finally googled Xanax bars http://www.pmmedia.com/Xanax.htm. It the second section of that page. I first learned about the "bars" here in a post. Apparently, DR is holding this between his teeth as he smiles in a photo on FB. And I read on that PT site today the bars were in circulation the night in question.

They HAD to identify the white truck, to eliminate it and also because it sounds as though it was the ONLY vehicle on the road at the time that JR claimed LS would have been walking. So they did and they ruled it out. It doesn't mean they believe JR less or more than before.

As far as JW, LE would know not only if he received any texts/calls but if he made any. Maybe he did use his phone after 2:30AM, which would keep him in the field.

As far as JR telling HT about the call...if HE made it, he had to account for it somehow and LS was not there to dispute it. He knew they were going to find out about it. Or maybe she did make it...who knows. But why use HT to spread the news?

I don't know...I just have a feeling that LE either has a lot of back and forth phone and text activity between some of these parties that make them stay on the list, or else they are still waiting for some phone records.

I finally googled Xanax bars http://www.pmmedia.com/Xanax.htm. It the second section of that page. I first learned about the "bars" here in a post. Apparently, DR is holding this between his teeth as he smiles in a photo on FB. And I read on that PT site today the bars were in circulation the night in question.

umm as far as I can tell, those bars are in circulation every night with this crowd... just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210