IN IN - Marina Boelter, 18, Bloomfield, 31 December 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article says:

http://wishtv.com/2015/03/08/no-charges-to-be-filed-in-bloomfield-death/

I haven't checked FB and haven't seen the rumors, but this article certainly leaves room for them. Very curious.

I read that article when you initially posted it but didn't see that information about D.J.'S reason for confronting the man. Did the update it or did I just not read it thoroughly? This might explain why his father said what he did, as posted above. Interesting...

I read that article when you initially posted it but didn't see that information about D.J.'S reason for confronting the man. Did the update it or did I just not read it thoroughly? This might explain why his father said what he did, as posted above. Interesting...

It must have updated, because I didn't notice it initially either. I may have overlooked it, but I don't think we both would have!

"The evidence showed that Lockhart and Chubb traveled to the Rogers residence so that Lockhart could confront Rogers over Rogers' prior relationship with Lockhart's ex-girlfriend, Marina Boelter.

"Chubb had tried to persuade Lockhart not to confront Rogers, but he went into the home without her. Chubb was able to hear the physical confrontation from outside the home.

"Once inside the Rogers home, Lockhart confronted Rogers over his prior relationships with Marina Boelter and Abigail Chubb. Lockhart then began to fight with Rogers, knocking him down onto the kitchen floor of the home and punching him in the head.

"Rogers stabbed Lockhart with a knife that had been knocked to the floor during the fight, while Lockhart was on top of Rogers. After stabbing Lockhart, Rogers was able to free himself and he then began assisting Lockhart and called 911.

Much more at link
Greene County Prosecutor: DJ Lockhart stabbing death was justifiable self-defense, no criminal charges filed http://www.gcdailyworld.com/story/2173532.html

LE may not have outwardly named DJ as a POI, but he was certainly a front runner for me.

If that's the case, I'm afraid this case will never get solved with him being dead.

LE may not have outwardly named DJ as a POI, but he was certainly a front runner for me.

If that's the case, I'm afraid this case will never get solved with him being dead.

I'm still on the fence about DJ and his involvement in Marina's disappearance. If I were the family, though, I think I would have fainted (or had to be put in the psych ward) upon hearing of his death. Having the last person to see your child/sister pass away, the person who might hold all of the clues (or answers) to what may have happened to her, has to take the air out of you.

If Marina really did get into a car that night, and is away by her own choosing, I can't imagine she'd stay away after DJ's death. It just makes no sense to me. She could have gotten into the car and then things turned South. She also could have never gotten into that car. If DJ had any secrets, he's taken them to the grave.

Marina, where are you?

Didn't others corroborate DJ's story sbout the older man and the car? One would think that if they were. Just covering for DJ that they could be persuaded to tell what they know now that he's gone.

It was always unclear, IMO, whether or not DJ's story was corroborated. It was said that he was in the parking lot with friends when he saw her get into the car. Not one of those friends ever stepped forward, according to MSM at least, to say, "Yeah, I was there with DJ that night" or "Yeah, I saw them arguing so I let them have at it and left" or "Yeah, that Marquis was creepy sitting over yonder in the gravel." Nothing.

When Marina first went missing, LE didn't release the car/man information DJ was putting out there (on FB). Marina's SIL, AB, said that LE wanted to corroborate his story, that no one had been identified yet as having been in the lot with DJ. After a week or so, without saying there had been corroboration, LE released the description. Did someone ever come forward or did LE release the information without it?

I always had the sense that LE released the description because the last person who saw Marina was saying that it happened. Unless they had proof DJ was involved, LE had to release the information, right?

picture

What if DJ was telling the truth? I can see him going off half-cocked on his own, feeling that LE wasn't getting anywhere. He was 18, full of piss and vinegar - especially if he'd heard rumors around town, and the new gf had told him about an experience she'd had with some older man *please note, not alleging anything about any named person here*.

He charged in, got himself into a situation where he ended up dead. Horrible, horrible thing for all involved.

Maybe DJ was doing what he thought was the right thing to do. Of course, he was very wrong, but if he had nothing to do with Marina's disappearance, I can totally see him confronting his victim in an utterly misguided attempt to find an answer.

IDK. JMO. I think Marina is gone. I want her found. Their poor child :(

“Mr. Messel then got up and walked outside the front door, where he retrieved a wooden 2-by-4,” Kellams wrote. “Mr. Messel then returned and began striking her in the head with the 2-by-4, causing a severe laceration to her head which severed an artery on her scalp.”

Connections?

Almost four years ago, another IU student — 20-year-old Lauren Spierer — mysteriously disappeared from the downtown area. BPD Capt. Joe Qualters has received several media inquiries about Wilson’s case and a possible connection to the disappearance of Spierer, who had been partying at Kilroy’s Sports Bar the night she went missing.
Spierer, barefoot and without her phone, reportedly walked alone toward her Smallwood Plaza apartment after a night of drinking and partying early the morning of June 3, 2011. The IU sophomore from New York never returned home. The missing-person case remains unsolved.

Qualters said in a news release Monday that an investigation is already underway into any possible connections to Spierer’s disappearance.

The ISP also is investigating the New Year’s Eve disappearance of 18-year-old Marina Boelter of Bloomfield, last seen leaving her job at the Bloomfield IGA deli. A witness told police she may have gotten into a car a driven by a middle-aged man. No one has seen her since.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/new...cle_72e8bc4a-1d73-5fe9-8f61-eac34a9f283c.html

I hesitate to post because I don't want to create a sinner/saint narrative at all. I can't help but feel that Dj, for all his faults, cared for Marina, despite all her faults.

I don't put too much stock in a bunch of teens hooking up, TBH. I do believe DJ's dad when he said DJ was torn up about Marina going missing - they had a child together, I can believe he was worried about his child's mother vanishing, even as he supposedly moved on with another girl.

Marina is missing, DJ is dead, their child is an orphan IMO.

"Could DJ have been wrong about the make of car?"

Yeah, this has me wondering, too.

When they arrested Messel and said that they had impounded his car, I couldn't help but wonder if he drove a silver/beige Marquis. According to this article, his drove a Could DJ have been wrong about the make of car?

Except the Kia is an SUV.

Any other vehicles sitting around on the Ison Road property???

I thought LE mentioned earlier that they were no longer looking for that or the kia.

Except the Kia is an SUV.

Any other vehicles sitting around on the Ison Road property???

Oh, thanks! I didn't see a model of the Kia listed in the article :blush:

Could he have a Mercury Milan, too? Good question. One that I hope LE is asking, too.

I thought LE mentioned earlier that they were no longer looking for that or the kia.

You mean Mercury, I think. And, yes, a statement was put out by LE that essentially they had exhausted that lead. Article at this post... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ield-31-December-2014&p=11411993#post11411993

It seems unlikely that she would have gotten into a car with someone she had never communicated with in any way. I hope that her phone records and computer records can provide leads that LE can successfully follow. According to Marina's family on her Facebook community page, LE has found no connection to DM, who was arrested for the murder of Hannah Wilson.

According to detectives, Marina was last seen around 6:00pm leaving the grocery store. D.J. Lockhart, Marina's former boyfriend, and father of her young son, told police he saw the 18-year-old being driven away from the store by an older man.

"Who really knows if what he saw really happened, but either way, she disappeared," said Ashley. "There are several theories, but all we know is someone out there knows what happened when she left that store."

First Sergeant Paul Suding from the Indiana State Police Criminal Investigation unit, told Dateline detectives are no longer searching for that vehicle or the man Lockhart described.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...h-missing-young-mother-marina-boelter-n379861
bbm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16
Back