GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are all amazing!!!!! && today is a good day! Finally a little bit of comfort! Knowing that monster will not be walking the streets!

Oh and btw the KIRBYS have the little one!!!! God I've wanted to tell you all that every single time that I checked this page!!!!

#JusticeForMelinda

So relieved to learn the Kirby's have ML child. Glad the justice system worked.
This should be a learning lesson for young women. Bad relationships can and do lead to this scenario. Abuse doesn't have to be physical, mental abuse is often more deadly, in that once a person decides to leave they are in greatest danger.
Prayers for both children.

Virtual hugs to all

This is wonderful, wonderful news. This bastardo needs to never see the ocean again. May his life be always miserable and cruel.

You are all amazing!!!!! && today is a good day! Finally a little bit of comfort! Knowing that monster will not be walking the streets!

Oh and btw the KIRBYS have the little one!!!! God I've wanted to tell you all that every single time that I checked this page!!!!

#JusticeForMelinda

It is indeed a VERY good day! Thank God the Kirby's have the little one. I kind of feel as if humanity has been redeemed today with the jury's vote to convict and now knowing the sweet little innocent one is with safe people who love her and who loved her mother.

My impression is that the Porter Co. prosecutors office (and the investigarors) are amazing human beings and that they were determined to seek justice for Melinda, her family and her friends. This is evidenced by the fact they continued to persevere, even after the mistrial and the hung jury.

#JusticeForMelinda

^^^^^^THIS is the second BEST news I've had today!!!! I am sooooo glad she is away from those _____'s.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ey-guilty-verdict-st-0312-20160311-story.html

He just kept repeating, 'How could this be,'" Rogers said. "I thought at the very worst it would be another hung jury. I've never had a murder trial with no physical evidence linking the defendant to the crime," Rogers said.

Welcome to the powerful world of circumstantial evidence, Mr. Rogers. Maybe you missed that class in law school. That's a shame.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ey-guilty-verdict-st-0312-20160311-story.html

He just kept repeating, 'How could this be,'" Rogers said. "I thought at the very worst it would be another hung jury. I've never had a murder trial with no physical evidence linking the defendant to the crime," Rogers said.

Welcome to the powerful world of circumstantial evidence, Mr. Rogers. Maybe you missed that class in law school. That's a shame.
How could this be? Well, dear, we know you are used to having everyone around you believe your lies. But the jury wasn't made up of young girls who had no experience with narcissism or emotional abuse. That's how it could be.

Makes me wonder what they had to pay this attorney. And I wonder if family members have remortgaged their homes and lost their pensions and retirements over this idiot's self-inflicted "problem".

And this attorney has a good reputation. (As good as a criminal defense attorney can have ;) ) I'm sure he's seen lots of crimes and I'm sure this one looked hinky to him too. Why wouldn't he encourage SL to try and work a deal? Maybe get this down to manslaughter and do 15?

Who knows though. SL appears to be a pathological liar. He lies to everyone and just expects to be believed. He probably lied to his attorney too. So Rogers hands were (zip) tied too.

I'm glad it worked out like this. Now SL can rot. It's just too bad for the rest of the family. The kids especially. Can you imagine?

Makes me wonder what they had to pay this attorney. And I wonder if family members have remortgaged their homes and lost their pensions and retirements over this idiot's self-inflicted "problem".

especially.
I have wondered about this also. I wouldn't lose any sleep if the brother and SIL lost their home and/or financial security over this. It would be a shame if his parents or other relatives who had nothing to do with it had to pay for it though.

So relieved to learn the Kirby's have ML child. Glad the justice system worked.
This should be a learning lesson for young women. Bad relationships can and do lead to this scenario. Abuse doesn't have to be physical, mental abuse is often more deadly, in that once a person decides to leave they are in greatest danger.
Prayers for both children.

Virtual hugs to all

You are absolutely right on mental abuse being extremely dangerous. I think his abuse of Melinda began covertly with him manipulating her with his lies and she didn't even realize what was going on. The biggest lie, by far, in my opinion, was the lie about his wife and child having been killed in an accident.

Melinda obviously fell very much in love with him, but tragically, she fell in love with a liar. The man she fell in love with never existed. I think that by the time she realized she'd been lied to, she was already very invested in the relationship and had made life-changing decisions in order to have a future with him. She found herself unable to walk away from him.

If anything can be learned from this horrible tragedy, I think it is the importance of being able to recognize that if someone manipulates you into a relationship with a lie or lies about who they really are, you need to end that relationship and get away from that person immediately and don't look back. Know that their intentions toward you were never good and there will be no happily ever after with that person. Protect yourself in every way that you can from this person.

The kind of manipulation and covert abuse Melinda experienced happens to women every single day and young woman are particularly vulnerable. The women who are victimized usually end up emotionally and/or physically abused, and they end up with a broken heart, a broken spirit and broken dreams. Often they end up with one or more children they need to find a way to support on their own.

Melinda was cheated out of so many things by SL and his perpetual narcissistic agenda finally led him to cheat her out of her own life. I am so glad that this jury could see through all of the subterfuge that was thrown at them.

It would be amazing, if anyone from the jury would join and express their thoughts!

#JusticeForMelinda

And welcome to the world of justice being served.

I have wondered about this also. I wouldn't lose any sleep if the brother and SIL lost their home and/or financial security over this. It would be a shame if his parents or other relatives who had nothing to do with it had to pay for it though.

I am sure this has been a tremendous financial burden on whoever paid for his defense. SL let them pay, too, and he knew he did it.

I am sure this has been a tremendous financial burden on whoever paid for his defense. SL let them pay, too, and he knew he did it.
Yep, he let them pay for his crime and now he will expect them to support him in prison.

I'm THRILLED to know the little one is with Melinda's family! Just thrilled!

Rather than brag about a job very well done, the NW Indiana Times reported this from the prosecution today. Pure class.

"We're glad for the verdict, but keep in mind that the Kirby family went through a tragedy, and we offer them our condolences and prayers," Porter County Chief Deputy Prosecutor Matt Frost said.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/crime-...cle_80b00a0c-0d3b-53cc-9449-82426eea1290.html

Lindsey did not expect the guilty verdict, according to Rogers.

"He was stunned," Rogers said. "He was shocked."

Yup. I'm sure he was. Narcissist usually are stunned and shocked when things don't go their way. They're bullys. They're master manipulators. They're pathological liars. Melinda may have believed your b/s. And your your family. Because I'm sure you made their lives HELL if they didn't. But here in the real world, people see right through your shallow pathetic self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke