GUILTY IN - Mercedes Lain, 11 mos, extreme danger Plymouth, 12 Aug 2021 *3 Arrests, includes parents*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tiffany, who cried throughout the hearing, entered a preliminary plea of not guilty.

Because she has no assets and no job she will be given a public defender.

Kenneth Lain entered a preliminary plea of not guilty. He will also be given a public defender.

Lain asked the judge why they were coming after him when he left his child with his cousin.
Mercedes Lain's parents arraigned on neglect charges

I believe this story is in ohio but this week two child services employees were indicted on child endangerment charges after the deaths of children under their watch. Are they infallible?? No. Should we demand answers ?? Yes. What i saw in the booking photos dont happen overnight. Mercedes was not ok.

Hey folks:

This thread is NOT going to descend into an aggressive debate about the “system” and how it failed this precious child. Websleuths cannot hope to resolve such an issue. That discussion is not productive and will not be allowed. Positive posts about what we can do to help in these situations, but pointing fingers at ANYONE other than those that have been named as perps in this case will be removed, and posting privileges may be suspended.

Posts that repeatedly violate the TOS
AND
posts that reply to those violations
may result in Time Outs that will be issued to any members who engage in a verbal combat with each other.
Please don’t do that or you may end up on locked out of this discussion.

THANK YOU for staying within the boundaries of Websleuths.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator
PS - ignoring moderators’ instructions is also a violation of TOS.

Tiffany, who cried throughout the hearing, entered a preliminary plea of not guilty.

Kenneth Lain entered a preliminary plea of not guilty. He will also be given a public defender.

Lain asked the judge why they were coming after him when he left his child with his cousin.

We dont expect to much from mr. Kenneth.
He traded an older child for drugs . Imo he is lucky he got to breathe free air after that.

Going after the judge unbelievable.

Going after the judge unbelievable.
During the hearing today Mercedes father said he was angry and told the judge that he and Mercedes mom shouldn’t be facing the same charges as Justin Miller.

However, Miller is facing one count of neglect of a dependent resulting in death. That is a much more serious level one felony and is a minimum 20-year prison sentence.

The prosecutor told us yesterday that could be upgraded further pending the autopsy results on little Mercedes.

Miller will be in court on Tuesday.

Mercedes parents will be back for a pre-trial conference next month.
Parents of Mercedes Lain plead not guilty

During the hearing today Mercedes father said he was angry and told the judge that he and Mercedes mom shouldn’t be facing the same charges as Justin Miller.

However, Miller is facing one count of neglect of a dependent resulting in death. That is a much more serious level one felony and is a minimum 20-year prison sentence.

The prosecutor told us yesterday that could be upgraded further pending the autopsy results on little Mercedes.

I wonder who he was staying with and will they face any charges if they were present when he woke up to a dead baby girl?

His reaction is telling... Still thinking about himself. Not able to act appropriately even in a courtroom setting. Hasn't had any awakening as he sits in jail, comes off the drug high and learns his baby is gone forever. Still thinking he acted responsibly, not grasping his duty as a parent.

My opinion is that this baby was sold, and probably not the first time. Mom suddenly uploaded pics of Mercedes one day in June, and made a couple "excuses" why she was even uploading pics.....making sure to mention her age in the post. I think this was an advertisement. Justin Miller was not a "babysitter." He was a customer.

Last edited:
My opinion is that this baby was sold, and probably not the first time. Mom suddenly uploaded pics of Mercedes one day in June, and made a couple "excuses" why she was even uploaded pics.....making sure to mention her age in the post. I think this was an advertisement. Justin Miller was not a "babysitter." He was a customer.
Any convictions in his past besides drugs? I'm not sure I will want to read the autopsy results or the AA ...
JMO

Miller posted a picture of Mercedes on 08/14 very early in the morning. Have no idea when that picture was taken or what significance it could have, looks like she is sleeping. I noted her ear hadn't been cleaned in a while :(
The ear also seems a bit discolored to me. Either bruising around the top or I wonder if she could've already been deceased at this time?? What a horrible thought. :(

So this is the second time he has likely rented out one of his children. He was given time the first time. But clearly didn’t learn. And he has the audacity to ask why he and his gross wife are being charged?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyefoundation798
Back