In my right hand is the blue pill, in my left the red pill

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's right.

The profilers didn't do that.

You're twisting everything around. I'd be happy to straighten it out.

Not a list of movies, but a few other things.

As a matter of fact, I believe I can do that. But this time, I'll do it my way.

Robert Ressler, founder of the Behavioral Sciences Unit:

He also noted that the acronym at the bottom of the note was done with periods between each letter, as was "FBI." Putting periods between letters in acronyms is a grammatical touch that has not been standard since the late 1960s. Patsy was born on December 29, 1956 and would have been a kid learning her English lessons in school before then. In those turbulent times, many organizations came along with "alphabet soup" names, and none of them used periods. There was SDS--Students for Democratic Society; PLO- Palestinian Liberation Organization; NOI-- Nation of Islam; SLA-- Symbionese Liberation Army (the people who kidnapped Patty Hearst and made the term "Stockholm Syndrome" famous); and the list goes on and on. Patsy was known to sign her letters to friends with acronyms with periods in them. One that stood out was "To B.V.F.M.F.A. from P.P.R.B.S.J." That meant "To Barbara V. Fernie, Master of Fine Arts from Patricia Paugh Ramsey, Bachelor of Science in Journalism." Ressler also pointed out the use of the word "attaché." It's a word with French origins. It is usually spelled with the accent over the "e" to denote the sound of an "a." Patsy had studied French and lived in Atlanta, which has a strong undercurrent of French heritage. JonBenet's own name is a pseudo-French version of her father's first and middle names, John Bennett. It is always spelled with the accent over the second "e." Who else would bother with something like that?

I like my way better!

I can look. But don't hold out a lot of hope.

While I don't regard the use of an accent mark as conclusive --- the Spanish language also uses them, so really anyone who spells attache could use an accent mark, the use of periods is actually pretty persuasive evidence PRDI.

personally while i use acronyms b/c txt on cell phone, i never put periods between the letters fyi

"the R's had a movie screen in their bedroom"

Snipped from JMO8778

OMG that gives me the creeps, I just thought a movie screen in the bedroom so they can watch child *advertiser censored*? Perhaps bought in Amsterdam, or worse, movies of JR and a child made in Amsterdam? I just can't get that out of my mind, I have always felt like there was a child *advertiser censored* ring involved somehow. This is the first time I read about a movie screen in their bedroom, just gives me chills.

"the R's had a movie screen in their bedroom"

Snipped from JMO8778

OMG that gives me the creeps, I just thought a movie screen in the bedroom so they can watch child *advertiser censored*? Perhaps bought in Amsterdam, or worse, movies of JR and a child made in Amsterdam? I just can't get that out of my mind, I have always felt like there was a child *advertiser censored* ring involved somehow. This is the first time I read about a movie screen in their bedroom, just gives me chills.

JR's company did have some office in Amsterdam. I know the family computers were searched, I assume Access Graphics computers were searched as well. There was some talk years ago about photos on the Amsterdam computers having child bondage photos. It wasn't a major news story at the time, so I don't know if it was true or if it was suppressed by R lawyers (one reason for that would be because if other people had access to the computers, it can't be proved that JR was responsible for downloading the photos).

While I don't regard the use of an accent mark as conclusive --- the Spanish language also uses them, so really anyone who spells attache could use an accent mark,

I'm not trying to claim that the use of accent marks in and of itself is conclusive. Merely that it's part of the larger mosaic.

the use of periods is actually pretty persuasive evidence PRDI.

Hmm!

personally while i use acronyms b/c txt on cell phone, i never put periods between the letters fyi

Most people who were educated after a certain time don't.

I'm not trying to claim that the use of accent marks in and of itself is conclusive. Merely that it's part of the larger mosaic.

I guess when RDI lacks the 'smoking gun' evidence that got those real live actual bad guys arrested, the only thing left is the 'larger mosaic.'

Lets have a look at what isn't in the 'larger mosaic' shall we?

Ransom note handwriting
Unknown male DNA
Pineapple
Tape
Cord
Shoeprint
Blunt instrument or surface causing JBR's head injury.
Unidentified fiber

What is in the 'larger mosaic' anyway? Whats left? I mean, you can't have these items in the mosaic because nobody owns them. They've not been sourced by LE.

What is in the 'larger mosaic' anyway?

Perfect!! Great post, HOTYH.

I'll tell you what is in the 'larger mosaic' for the vast majority of RDI. An incredible amount of ambiguity....HENCE, the term 'larger mosaic'. So broad in definition that it still, to this day, remains largely undefined, inexact and very fluid...depending on what particular aspect of the case is being discussed.

That's right.

Robert Ressler, founder of the Behavioral Sciences Unit:

He also noted that the acronym at the bottom of the note was done with periods between each letter, as was "FBI." Putting periods between letters in acronyms is a grammatical touch that has not been standard since the late 1960s. Patsy was born on December 29, 1956 and would have been a kid learning her English lessons in school before then. In those turbulent times, many organizations came along with "alphabet soup" names, and none of them used periods. There was SDS--Students for Democratic Society; PLO- Palestinian Liberation Organization; NOI-- Nation of Islam; SLA-- Symbionese Liberation Army (the people who kidnapped Patty Hearst and made the term "Stockholm Syndrome" famous); and the list goes on and on. Patsy was known to sign her letters to friends with acronyms with periods in them. One that stood out was "To B.V.F.M.F.A. from P.P.R.B.S.J." That meant "To Barbara V. Fernie, Master of Fine Arts from Patricia Paugh Ramsey, Bachelor of Science in Journalism." Ressler also pointed out the use of the word "attaché." It's a word with French origins. It is usually spelled with the accent over the "e" to denote the sound of an "a." Patsy had studied French and lived in Atlanta, which has a strong undercurrent of French heritage. JonBenet's own name is a pseudo-French version of her father's first and middle names, John Bennett. It is always spelled with the accent over the second "e." Who else would bother with something like that?

Hmm....I just blew his theory out of the water. I was born in the late 70's, and when writing on paper (and for the most part, texting and being online) I would, AND DO "bother with" including an accent mark on words that require it. The ending of the paragraph, "Who else would bother with something like that?", implies that there are soooo few amount of people born and educated SINCE the late 60's (as well as others born prior) who use accent marks and periods in between abbreviated letters that the low statistical percentage of such would practically completely implicate Patsy.

I call bullsh!t on that. Honestly, the fact that it is even brought up by Mr. Ressler as some form of "supporting" argument for RDI would have been almost....humorous, if it wasn't so richly pathetic.

I guess when RDI lacks the 'smoking gun' evidence that got those real live actual bad guys arrested, the only thing left is the 'larger mosaic.'

Ransom note handwriting
Unknown male DNA
Pineapple
Tape
Cord
Shoeprint
Unidentified fiber

What is in the 'larger mosaic' anyway? Whats left? I mean, you can't have these items in the mosaic because nobody owns them. They've not been sourced by LE.

Depends on what you mean by not being sourced. If the DA interfering with the investigation/forensics is not sourcing, then yes, they've not been sourced.

Additionally, the evidence that we know about was really just the tip of the iceberg in this case as it is with all open cases.

Hmm....I just blew his theory out of the water. I was born in the late 70's, and when writing on paper (and for the most part, texting and being online) I would, AND DO "bother with" including an accent mark on words that require it. The ending of the paragraph, "Who else would bother with something like that?", implies that there are soooo few amount of people born and educated SINCE the late 60's (as well as others born prior) who use accent marks and periods in between abbreviated letters that the low statistical percentage of such would practically completely implicate Patsy.

I call bullsh!t on that. Honestly, the fact that it is even brought up by Mr. Ressler as some form of "supporting" argument for RDI would have been almost....humorous, if it wasn't so richly pathetic.

PR was known to use this acronym style when writing. PR had access to JBR during the very short time frame that the crime was committed. PR used the little known room in the basement since the housekeeper witnessed PR taking JBR there for CORPORAL PUNISHMENT (aka beating her) on many occasions to make JBR cry and alert the sensibilities of the housekeeper after JBR soiled her sheets. PR keeps coming up as a viable suspect, over and over and over. Yet she was willfully EXCLUDED?? That's what I call bull, richly pathetic AND a miscarriage of justice.

Put another way, if the JBR was a child of mine and the exact situations occurred in my home, I would be sitting in jail.

PR was known to use this acronym style when writing. PR had access to JBR during the very short time frame that the crime was committed. PR used the little known room in the basement since the housekeeper witnessed PR taking JBR there for CORPORAL PUNISHMENT (aka beating her) on many occasions to make JBR cry and alert the sensibilities of the housekeeper after JBR soiled her sheets. PR keeps coming up as a viable suspect, over and over and over. Yet she was willfully EXCLUDED?? That's what I call bull, richly pathetic AND a miscarriage of justice.

Put another way, if the JBR was a child of mine and the exact situations occurred in my home, I would be sitting in jail.

No, unless you were the owner of the DNA. Then you'd be sitting in jail and be in need of some fancy talking. Thats because if the DNA was owned by an R, suddenly there would be compelling, smoking gun evidence against the R's.

The fingernail clipper issue would be quickly forgotten by RDI, put it that way.

How come they didn't find any JR, PR, BR, or LE DNA in all those sexual assault places??

Only 'unknown male' DNA. Very compelling evidence that didn't exist back in 1997.

I wouldn't mock, HOTYH. That's what police and prosecutors in the real world do when a smoking gun is lacking. That's what I've been trying to tell you, for all of the good it does me. The problem as I see it is that too many LE agents have forgotten or have just never learned how to put a circumstantial case together. In this particular instance, that problem was compounded by 20 years of plea-bargaining.

I'm game.

Ransom note handwriting
Unknown male DNA
Pineapple
Tape
Cord
Shoeprint
Unidentified fiber

What is in the 'larger mosaic' anyway? Whats left?[/QUOTE]

THIS:

Ransom note handwriting
Identified fibers
Pineapple
Numerous inconsistent statements
Deliberate targeting of potential court witnesses (been meaning to talk with voynich about that)
Elaborate staging
Staging within staging
Long-term abuse
Access
Opportunity

Yes, that's as good a place to start as any. And I do mean "start."

I mean, you can't have these items in the mosaic because nobody owns them. They've not been sourced by LE.

Oh, no?

I don't think you quite understand. In fact, I'm quite sure. What Ressler is saying is that an intruder wouldn't waste time with such niceties. Add that into the rest of what he said.

I'll tell you what is in the 'larger mosaic' for the vast majority of RDI. An incredible amount of ambiguity....HENCE, the term 'larger mosaic'. So broad in definition that it still, to this day, remains largely undefined, inexact and very fluid...depending on what particular aspect of the case is being discussed.

I actually HAVE defined it several times.

I've often said that it wasn't a miscarriage; it was an abortion.

Wouldn't we all?

No, unless you were the owner of the DNA. Then you'd be sitting in jail and be in need of some fancy talking.

You don't understand, HOTYH. We would have been in jail THAT VERY DAY.

Thats because if the DNA was owned by an R, suddenly there would be compelling, smoking gun evidence against the R's. The fingernail clipper issue would be quickly forgotten by RDI, put it that way.

Why? It's their DNA, it's their daughter, right. Unless it was blood or semen.

How come they didn't find any JR, PR, BR, or LE DNA in all those sexual assault places??

AH, the magical question! We don't know that they didn't! When the Cellmark tests were done, it was stated that since the DNA was comingled, it was nearly impossible to tell how many sources there were and that no one could be excluded. Now, flash forward to last year, when this whole "Touch DNA" business came out. That week, the lab showed how the procedure was done. And one of the stages involved separating other DNA from the DNA they were looking to match. That's right from the horse's mouth.

I always try to to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brain falls out.

AH, the magical question! We don't know that they didn't! When the Cellmark tests were done, it was stated that since the DNA was comingled, it was nearly impossible to tell how many sources there were and that no one could be excluded. Now, flash forward to last year, when this whole "Touch DNA" business came out. That week, the lab showed how the procedure was done. And one of the stages involved separating other DNA from the DNA they were looking to match. That's right from the horse's mouth.

They were looking to match and then DID SUCCESSFULLY MATCH. Where's the TA..DA..??

Or, in typical RDI fashion do we just ignore any evidence that mounts more and more against an intruder.

Incidentally,

the following probably was written by a Southern Mother

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1903717,00.html

"China's role will be key, according to Larry Wortzel, who served two tours as a U.S. Army military attaché in Beijing. "China will not let North Korea collapse," he was told by several top People's Liberation Army officials during"

here's another entry

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_[/ame] attaché

A military attaché is a military expert who is attached to a diplomatic mission (an attaché). This post is normally filled by a high-ranking military officer.

In general, a military attaché serves on the diplomatic staff of an embassy or consulate. The functions of a military attaché are illustrated by the American military attachés in Japan during the war years. A series of military officers had been assigned to the American diplomatic mission in Tokyo since 1901 when the U.S. and Japan were co-operating closely in response to the Boxer Rebellion in China. The military attaché advised the United States Ambassador to Japan on military matters, acted as a liaison between United States Army and the Imperial General Headquarters, and gathered and disseminated intelligence. The military attaché's office in Tokyo usually had two assistants and a number of "language officers" who were assigned specifically to learn Japanese whilst attached to Imperial Japanese Army regiments as observers. These "language officers" translated training and technical manuals and reported on conditions in Japanese military units.[1]

The term military attache is spelled w/an e'

I find the claim that PRRN based on attache' being a feminine word like purse, and having an accent mark shows it's written by a middle age Southern woman who loves French.

I do admit I can't easily account for the periods btw

i would write

ROTJ, not R.O.T.J.

I do plan to make another post, not sure what title,
revenge of the IDI
Return of the IDI,
stake in the heart
the IDI rabbit hole

so I'll list these under this thread.

a case from 1986(!) gets solved via DNA

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-me-stephanie-lazarus10-2009jun10,0,3261965.story

Detective stalked slaying victim, father says

In February, cold-case detectives revisited the case -- one of thousands that remain unsolved. DNA samples from the crime scene thought to have been from the killer suggested that the attacker was a woman, contradicting the detectives' theory that Rasmussen had been killed by a man.

An undercover officer followed Lazarus to a store, where he secretly recovered a plastic utensil or similar discarded item with her saliva, police say. Her DNA matched the genetic profile extracted from the crime scene evidence, police allege.

Before meeting the phalanx of television cameras and reporters, the Rasmussens sat stoically in the courtroom watching Lazarus as she was led into the courtroom's dock around 10 a.m. Lazarus, 49, was dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit, with her hands cuffed and secured to a chain around her waist. She spoke quietly with her attorney through a narrow, barred window and, for a moment, turned to take in the packed courtroom.​

Incidentally,

the following probably was written by a Southern Mother

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1903717,00.html

"China's role will be key, according to Larry Wortzel, who served two tours as a U.S. Army military attaché in Beijing. "China will not let North Korea collapse," he was told by several top People's Liberation Army officials during"

here's another entry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ attaché

A military attaché is a military expert who is attached to a diplomatic mission (an attaché). This post is normally filled by a high-ranking military officer.

In general, a military attaché serves on the diplomatic staff of an embassy or consulate. The functions of a military attaché are illustrated by the American military attachés in Japan during the war years. A series of military officers had been assigned to the American diplomatic mission in Tokyo since 1901 when the U.S. and Japan were co-operating closely in response to the Boxer Rebellion in China. The military attaché advised the United States Ambassador to Japan on military matters, acted as a liaison between United States Army and the Imperial General Headquarters, and gathered and disseminated intelligence. The military attaché's office in Tokyo usually had two assistants and a number of "language officers" who were assigned specifically to learn Japanese whilst attached to Imperial Japanese Army regiments as observers. These "language officers" translated training and technical manuals and reported on conditions in Japanese military units.[1]

http://www.newsweek.com/id/96862/output/print

5 - Despite threats of violence throughout the note, Van Zandt says, it has a 'softness' suggesting its author was a woman or perhaps a 'genteel man.'
6 - The letter is full of commanding phrases like this one about 'immediate execution.' To Van Zandt, they point to an author used to exerting authority over others.
7 - The line 'If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies' echoes the movie 'Dirty Harry,' as do other phrases. Van Zandt says: 'This is a novice trying to sound like an experienced criminal.'
8 - The note's salutation is formal, but here the overall tone becomes more familiar and casual. Van Zandt thinks the writer may be suggesting a personal acquaintance with John Ramsey.
9 - Richards says the ransom note is one of the longest he has ever seen, indicating either that the author had enough time to carefully craft the letter or that it is not a genuine demand for ransom.
10 - With its connotations of revolution, the closing 'Victory!'-harks back to the connection to foreign powers. 'S.B.T.C' may be another attempt to sound foreign, says Van Zandt.

Based on some of the professional observations that I selected, here's a modified profile with less ambiguity than a 'personal or job crisis'.

• May be well versed with techno-crime movies and may frequently use phrases from them.
  • May use expressions with connotations of political revolution.
  • May have expressed disrespect or dislike of the U.S.
  • May use the term 'fat cat' in a derogatory way. May be against the whole idea of personal wealth.
  • May frequently use commanding phrases, and may be in a position to exert authority over others.
  • May frequently use threats of violence, including executions.
  • May be known for carefully crafting letters.
We've narrowed it down to a high-ranking military officer, or a southern mother.

At last we will reveals to the RDI, at last, we will have our revenge.

Hey Master SD-WON any comments?

You know I find it disturbing that you can use revenge when the only thing I want is the person that done this brought to justice..

Don't give in to hate, that will only lead to the Dark Side

Hi voynich.

err .... I 'll take the red and the blue pill, and then a Jedi Mind Trip as a chaser?

Mosaic. Interesting analogy, although the mosaic's incomplete, big gaps.
Even though the pattern of distribution of the 'unidentified dna' is now a standard indicating sexual assault, there's no reconciling this with the RDI scenarios, unless an additional party was in the home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back