IN - Nancy Dyer for child endangerment, Indianapolis, 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Amraann said:
According the the friends MySpace post the father was on his way from Florida to help her with the kids because she was aware of how depressed she was.

Also as I stated above it is possible that the 2 Yo spilled something on the floor and sat in it thereby causing the diaper to look like it had not been changed.
I may be wrong but that did not look like she sat in liquid. It looked like her diaper was so full of poop and pee that it was weighing her down. And I have been a poor mother and used walmart or food lion diapers and they always worked just fine if you changed them when needed.

This female has absolutely no business being the sole guardian of any small children. If she's got some sort of mental issues or drug problems, she needs to deal with them before she gets these kids back.

Could she have sat in a puddle and then messed her diaper?
Within 15 or 20 minutes?

Or possibly messed then sat in a puddle..... It certainly would weigh down the diaper and make it appear sopping and like it had not been changed in a very long time. (Think of taking them to the beach and when their diaper gets wet)
IN the absence of severe diaper rash I would have to assume that was the case especially because she was said to have been eating.. so clearly she got into the food from somewhere.
Because if she were often left in a sopping messed diaper she would show signs of that.

I haven't read the myspace site (I'm at work, where it's inaccesible). Sounds like the mother has a lot of problems and needs help. I hope she gets it.

I also hope the kids can now be well cared for. As far as the mom being charged, if her children were neglected she needs to be charged. It's the law, no matter what her circumstances. Sometimes it takes that kind of action to open a person's eyes and make them realize they really do need help.

I still can't excuse that diaper. I've seen kids at the pool in diapers that looked like they weighed 20 pounds, but they never looked that bad. I've seen kids with diarrhea who had messed their diapers and never looked that bad. That baby needed that diaper changed a long time before the woman had to have a police officer tell her to do it, and her failure to care enough to change it screams neglect to me.

In a perfect world, the mother will clean herself up, get the help she needs, find a support network, and get her kids back. We don't live in a perfect world, but there's always hope.

Mr. E said:
We don't live in a perfect world, but there's always hope.
I hope you mean there's hope for the world, too, Mr. E. and not just for this mother. The world needs to do some reaching out too, IMO. Lord knows way back when I tried, but even surrounded by neighbors nobody even asked how I was doing - and I know they were gossiping. They did, however, have no trouble finding me when I left my garbage can out 8 hours too long. :bang:

JanetElaine said:
I hope you mean there's hope for the world, too, Mr. E. and not just for this mother. The world needs to do some reaching out too, IMO. Lord knows way back when I tried, but even surrounded by neighbors nobody even asked how I was doing - and I know they were gossiping. They did, however, have no trouble finding me when I left my garbage can out 8 hours too long. :bang:
Honestly, if that woman was my neighbor I doubt I would have wanted to have anything to do with her, just based on her looks alone. It sounds awful, but I think I have a very suspicious nature. If I knew that she had two young kids, though, maybe it would be different. Knowing me, I probably would have called CPS if I thought even for a moment that the kids were in jeopardy.

I do have hope for the world (and the mother, and anybody who has ever made a mistake). But this world we live in today -- I think to many people are like me: too suspicious, too quick to make judgements, too untrusting. Just look at the topics on this board. How could you not be!?!

There was a family that lived in a trailer near us once with about 4 kids in the family. I was a stay-at-home mom with a kindergartener and a baby. My husband was a Ph.D candidate. We had very little money, and actually we were on welfare (food stamps and medicare). The family in the trailer constantly came to us asking to "borrow" a diaper or use the phone when theirs got cut off. I was very trusting, and I cared about the childrens' welfare (the parents were kind of weird). The family ripped us off. We found out they were stealing from us, and their "important" phone calls were long distance. I think that was the start of my distrustful nature.

teonspaleprincess said:
I may be wrong but that did not look like she sat in liquid. It looked like her diaper was so full of poop and pee that it was weighing her down. And I have been a poor mother and used walmart or food lion diapers and they always worked just fine if you changed them when needed.

I'm not talking about the diapers from Walmart! Those are relatively high quality. I'm talking about the ultra thin type from places like dollar stores.....they don't have that gel inside that absorbs the liquid.

Her trial has been set for February 28, and her public defender filed a demand for speedy trial. Judge refused to reduce her bond from $3500. She told the judge that she "did this to myself."

She is prohibited from any contact with the children. While this article doesn't indicate it, I learned from a different source that the children are with Ms. Dyer's father and stepmother.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/10670529/detail.html

southerngirl said:
Her "detox" blog entry is about staying away from a relationship partner for 60 days to remove the addiction and to focus on strengthening the self and focusing on other positive aspects of life. It wasn't about detoxing from drugs.]

The steps and stages she wrote about apply to drug detox too. Plus, who uses the term "detox" when getting over a guy?

Im not judging her drug use (or my opinion of her use). I truly hope she gets help "detoxing" from all the negatives in her life.

Swoodski said:
southerngirl said:
Her "detox" blog entry is about staying away from a relationship partner for 60 days to remove the addiction and to focus on strengthening the self and focusing on other positive aspects of life. It wasn't about detoxing from drugs.]

The steps and stages she wrote about apply to drug detox too. Plus, who uses the term "detox" when getting over a guy?

Im not judging her drug use (or my opinion of her use). I truly hope she gets help "detoxing" from all the negatives in her life.
I have not read her blog but I have definitely used the term detox to describe getting over a guy...some of them are like drugs, I swear! :rolleyes:

Marie said:
Mom appears in court over toddler's highway romp

Police said at least half a dozen cars and a semitrailor swerved into other lanes to avoid the child.

[font=Verdana,Arial]February Trial Set for Mother of Wandering Toddler[/font]

Dyer is charged with four counts of felony child neglect.

This whole story is so sad, I bet those 2 kids are missing their Mom, I hope they are with relatives, so that there is some normality in their lives. If that toddler hadn't wondered out, I just wonder would the Dad arrive from Florida & have sorted this mess out :(

butterfly blue said:
This whole story is so sad, I bet those 2 kids are missing their Mom, I hope they are with relatives, so that there is some normality in their lives. If that toddler hadn't wondered out, I just wonder would the Dad arrive from Florida & have sorted this mess out :(
I believe I read in one artcile that the kids are with relatives - maybe the Dad's parents...not entirely sure where I read this. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the link - that is a good read. Her father sounds like he knows what she's up against. He sounds like he loves his daughter but knows she is not capable of being a good parent and his main concern is to take care of the children. I'm glad this happened if it sent the children to live with him.

I am so glad that the parents are not defending this so called mother. I hope that this gives those precious babies a chance at a real life and some happiness.

Swoodski said:
southerngirl said:

Sorry if this was mentioned, but I got the impressions from her blog that the piece was from a book she had read. She did not write the piece herself. SOrry if I am mistaken

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back