IN IN - Otterbein, WhtFem 55-65, UP58250, right side mastectomy, box in cornfield, Oct'76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have read before that contributing factors to the helicopter theory include circular patterns around the box, along with the fact that there wasn't any damage in the fields of corn leading up to her body. The stalks must have been pretty high too, as the farmer was harvesting at this time.

Part of me wonders if a helicopter was in the area and noticed the box in the field, but hovered low to it to look out of curiosity. It must have been strange to see a box sitting in the middle of a field (if that was the case).

CarlK did a new rendering of Jane Doe:
BentonCoJaneDoe1976-2_web.jpg

Attachments

• 1976 Benton County Indiana Jane Doe Reconstruction.jpg
    1976 Benton County Indiana Jane Doe Reconstruction.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 10

Yes, so glad to see this!

I agree with the posts that suggest her clothing was a typical "pantsuit" (fabric and all) for the time period but someone previously mentioned this could also be a uniform of sorts (maybe a hotel maid, restaurant server, janitorial company, etc) and I really see it as a possibility in this rendering. This probably wasn't intended by CK, so maybe it's just my view.

At first the idea that a plane flew overhead and dropped the body into a cornfield sounds almost implausible, but noting that it has been known to happen..
Fwiw. 21 October 2021
Ex-surgeon confesses he took wife's 'body out of the airplane over the ocean' - ABC News (go.com)

Feb 2020
Discovery Channel to feature Delaware homicide where 16-year-old was suffocated, tossed from airplane (delawareonline.com)

I am trying to go through this scenario, but with a helicopter instead.

There had to be more than one person involved, I believe, if there was a chopper involved.

If she was tossed from a helicopter, I think it would not land so smoothly. I could see the box flipping forward and landing awkwardly, especially with all the fluctuating body weight. As far as I know, the reports make it sound like it was sitting upright and undamaged, like someone walked it out there and set it down.

But if it wasn’t thrown from the helicopter, did the pilot land in that tall field of corn, drag the box out, and then hop back into the helicopter?

To be sure a box full of dirt with a dead woman inside wasn’t sling loaded and released? There was no jettisoning equipment around (that I know of) showing proof she was lowered by a sling lift, unless, the chopper unloaded the sling, landed, then picked up the jettison equipment.

Some more details may help me understand a little better but I feel like there is multiple possibilities if there was a helicopter involved.

Yes, so glad to see this!

I agree with the posts that suggest her clothing was a typical "pantsuit" (fabric and all) for the time period but someone previously mentioned this could also be a uniform of sorts (maybe a hotel maid, restaurant server, janitorial company, etc) and I really see it as a possibility in this rendering. This probably wasn't intended by CK, so maybe it's just my view.

Most of the photos were very badly yellowed, so the exact color of her pants is uncertain. But her pants were of a similar greenish color - no pattern like you see in the shirt.

I'm guessing whoever her husband was did this ( or possibly a boyfriend). It appears to be a domestic type case. I'm guessing that whoever did this is long deceased, but this woman has family somewhere and hopefully she is identified soon. If a helicopter disposed of her body, that would mean I would think that whoever her husband/boyfriend was, he had money or knew people that did, if he had an accomplice. I think the helicopter idea is far fetched, but you never know. I read somewhere online the box was likely a MOVING box, and that if she and whoever her husband/boyfriend had recently moved, then people may have been less likely to notice her disappearence. Maybe her hands were calloused from gardening? It was October, so if she had been gardening in the summer/earlier fall, or recently that would fit.

Last edited:
Me either! Especially when they call pronounce it like "saahn-toe-meter" in obstetrics/gynecology. Like *why*!?!

Because medical and scientific fields are always metric, even in the USA.

If you look on any medical prescriptions you may have, the packet on the drugs will give the strength in mg (milligrams). Not ounces.

And 'SEN-ta-meetuz' is the usual pronunciation!

:D:D:D

Her Namus file indicates that the body was not recognizable, near complete or complete skeleton.
Yet LE also thought the box had only been there for 12 hours or less, as the box wasn't wet, and it had been raining the previous day she was found.

So this would indicate the lady had been dead for quite some time before she was disposed of.

Even more disturbing.....

Her Namus file indicates that the body was not recognizable, near complete or complete skeleton.
Yet LE also thought the box had only been there for 12 hours or less, as the box wasn't wet, and it had been raining the previous day she was found.

So this would indicate the lady had been dead for quite some time before she was disposed of.

Even more disturbing.....

The remains were not decomposed, but there was a lot of swelling and lividity in her face, which made it difficult to get a sense of her overall look.

Attachments

• Image_1644279261.jpg
    Image_1644279261.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Her Namus file states "near complete, or complete skeletal remains".

Surely that description would mean being decomposed?

Because a skeletal remain, is in itself, a very advanced state of decomposition, no?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Yes, ordinarily that would be what the description means, but I've seen the photos, and it was a very much intact body, with extensive perimortem and postmortem distortion of her facial features.

Yes, ordinarily that would be what the description means, but I've seen the photos, and it was a very much intact body, with extensive perimortem and postmortem distortion of her facial features.

Aaaah, good. That clears up that then. Strange the Namus body description isn't accurate!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back