Found Safe IN - RP, 15, Huntington, 24 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where did 255 West Park Drive come from? The sign on the wall in the video says it's the Ossian branch of the Wells County Public Library, which looks to be 18 miles from Huntington.

But your point is taken on the library info, for sure.

I misread which library branch it was and thought it was the main one in Huntington.

So glad that LE connected the dots on this one!

POLICE: Missing Huntington girl found safe in Fort Wayne
[...]

Huntington Co. Sheriff Chris Newton just confirmed with Fort Wayne's NBC that Raelynn was found safe here in Fort Wayne.

Newton said she was "out and about" in The Fort.

He said a man near her was found to have an unrelated outstanding warrant out of Allen County, so detectives will question him to see if he has any connection to her disappearance.

Detectives are currently on their way to question Raelynn to determine if she was enticed to run away or if she left on her own accord.

[...]
BBM
It seems they know his identity? Or is it another man?

whats in American libraries? apart from the obvious? here in the uk ours are (if still open) used for a variety things

what took him there?
is he local?
many on local sex offenders register?
many have vending machines in the lobby, and on certain days of the week free lunch, also computers, ability to charge phones and use bathrooms...my library has security posted at the door and a few guards walking around....now with covid you go in to get books and then you leave...my last library visit a couple wanted to go in and hangout and read the newspapers and the security guard told them that there is no lingering in the library....very different from the past

There are conflicting reports of where she went missing from. I have seen Center Street in Huntington and from her grandparents home in Warren (both locations are in Huntington County) where she visits every other weekend. Since the latest report states she left her grandparents home in Warren Saturday morning I will go with that...more info. in video from tonight's news.
I would like to know how she got from Warren to Ft. Wayne and what was she doing/who was she with? from Saturday morning to today being found. It sounds to me like she ran away/had connections with someone in Ft. Wayne. And her and mom are from Ohio as she attends school there so she must have been on a routine weekend visit with grandparents.

Missing Huntington County teen found safe in Fort Wayne

Amen, Thank you Blessed Mother and St. John Neumann,

Now what the poor girl goes missing again due to unknown circumstances at home? Therapy on flippin' demand!
I have mixed feelings about LE's efforts to recover runaways. No one knows what a teenager might be running away from. Letting a teen stay gone might be in that teen's best interests in some cases.

I have mixed feelings about LE's efforts to recover runaways. No one knows what a teenager might be running away from. Letting a teen stay gone might be in that teen's best interests in some cases.

If nothing else, recovering them puts children/teens undergoing troubling circumstances on a radar where their family situation can be looked into by authorities. Just letting them stay gone is definitely not the best solution.

I don't think anyone assumes that this girl's home life was peachy since running away with a stranger was the outcome. Now any instances of neglect at home can be investigated and the child can receive counseling and other services.

Probably they identified the MAC address of a device associated with a person of interest and then established that device logged into the free wifi at that library at that time.

In all honesty, back when I was 20ish it wasn't unusual for teenage girls to "run away" from home and crash at my apartment for a few days. Nothing ever came of it. I guess times change.

Thanks for that link - looks like posters worries were right on target.

"There's a lot to these kinds of cases. These kinds of investigations morph into a lot more than you think you started with," Sgt. Rosales-Scatena said.

Generally speaking, Sgt. Rosales-Scatena said parents need to keep an eye on what their kids are doing online.

"Social media is a predator's playground. There are people out there who will take advantage of children, no matter what their age. They'll even take advantage of adults," she said.

I'm liking Sgt. Rosales-Scatena.

@chaz, thanks for the link. Here is my question - adding the arrest date to this link for the last four days, I can't find anyone who fit the surveillance video. Am I missing someone? Thank you for the link - OT but looking through mugshots - meth is bad!

"There's a lot to these kinds of cases. These kinds of investigations morph into a lot more than you think you started with," Sgt. Rosales-Scatena said.

Generally speaking, Sgt. Rosales-Scatena said parents need to keep an eye on what their kids are doing online.

"Social media is a predator's playground. There are people out there who will take advantage of children, no matter what their age. They'll even take advantage of adults," she said.

@chaz, thanks for the link. Here is my question - adding the arrest date to this link for the last four days, I can't find anyone who fit the surveillance video. Am I missing someone? Thank you for the link - OT but looking through mugshots - meth is bad!
I don't know, I only scrolled quickly down the inmates but I think there are no charges yet.

That is not the correct jail...Fort Wayne is in Allen County. There is a county sheriff dept. and city police dept. and all inmates are housed in the downtown jail and they don't have inmate lookup. Sounds like the crime(s) occurred within city limits so the FWPD is handling it. And yes, meth is bad everywhere in Indiana!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back