GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is what I think TJ will say.

He will claim self defence and say RM pushed him into his place and there was a fight. So TJ hit him over the head and restrained him resulting in RM's death. He went to tell SR but she told him to clear off and called LE. TJ went back to his place to hide the body. Whether that is what happened or it was a planned murder is what LE will now be trying to find out. MOO.

MOO no argument or fight sounds reported by neighbors, charges said blunt force trauma and manual strangulation.

I wonder who it was that saw RM in TJ's apartment earlier in the day? Possibly just a neighbor seeing them walking in the apt. Possibly someone who knew he was going to be there and was waiting outside? I don't know the exact timeline, of course, but the fact that SR became concerned about his whereabouts early on makes me wonder who saw him there and how it became connected so quickly. I wonder if TJ had threatened RM in the past, or even said something to SR that morning.

Wondering if anyone has read or seen anywhere any description of a vehicle or vehicles TJ has had access to, say over the last 2+ years?

Upstream there is a post about an accident he had in Jan 2017.
On his facebook page he is drawing a face in an inch snow on the hood of a reddish car - possibly his.
Has it been reported neighbours were home and heard nothing?

MOO I am assuming as reported that they came together to after work, assuming the company runs regular shifts they would have gotten off at 7am. Its a 7 minute drive from Arconic to TJs Apartment.
Arconic is where TJs instagram says he worked.

GF called police at 8:05am and reported TJ was in her and RMs apartment and RM missing, RMs apartment is a 5 minute drive from TJs apartment.

Police were out looking for RM and at TJs complex by 8:30am.
A witness saw RM at TRJ's apartment that morning. And thank heavens they did, because that sighting is probably the reason police were able to get a warrant. I believe the witness also said there was no sounds of a fight, but I will have to look back the articles more.

Lafayette man killed, found in suspect's apartment

Last edited:
Thanks RAJA for your input and observation. Now that you mention it, the arrest photo does look "serene".... not wide-eyed and scared. We all see things differently, but he has that, "another day in the office-look" or is it "acceptance." ??

His facial expression in almost every pic is the same...not a smile, I do agree it might be acceptance. The other word that comes to mind is grimace. Anyone else?

Thanks RAJA for your input and observation. Now that you mention it, the arrest photo does look "serene".... not wide-eyed and scared. We all see things differently, but he has that, "another day in the office-look" or is it "acceptance." ??
Respectfully disagree. He looks like a scared little boy. And well he should be.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think they all like very clean cut young adults. SR's Facebook says she attends or is about to attend Purdue, a really good college. Not sure about the guys...makes no sense.

not sure if posted, not much too it really but just in case:

Neighbors react to the death of the Lafayette man who lived next door

snip

According to court documents released from the prosecutor's office, they believe 19-year-old Talmadge Jasper killed Martin. The investigation started when a woman called police to report that her ex-boyfriend, Jasper, was inside her house on Kenosha Court.

The woman had a protective order against Jasper. She also told police that her boyfriend, Ryan Martin, was missing. Police got a search warrant for Jasper's apartment, where they found Martin's body in a closet. Police said there were signs of blunt force trauma to Martin's body.

I don't think this will ever go to trial, IMO.
I'm still sitting on the edge of my chair waiting to hear if he is connected to other high visibility cases.

My prayers are with the Martin family. This is a horrific crime.

RM was a young man with his whole life in front of him.

A little girl has lost her father.

____
And yes, agreed; I am so with you, Rosefromangels.

Let's say, Thursday night, something was obtained, when TJ was "brought in".

(Do "Expedited DNA results" take 48 hours? Does anyone here know for sure?)

If that IS the case AND there's adjustment for Memorial Day Weekend lengthening the turn-around, then it could be likely that by Wednesday it will be announced if TJ is connected to other high-visibility cases.

Non?

(MOO & Amateur Speculation based on Varied Life Experiences.)

Respectfully disagree. He looks like a scared little boy. And well he should be.

Hiya ROSES! From FBI agent Massa...things people should be looking for:
"Even behavioral changes occurring shortly after February 13, 2017:

• Someone who developed a different sleep pattern
  • Started abusing drugs or alcohol
  • Has become anxious or irritable
  • Someone who has followed this case to an extreme
  • A person who has ongoing conversations about where they were February 13th
  • Someone who has visited the location where the girls were murdered
  • Someone who has taken photographs around the trail and bridge
Police say don’t ever feel bad about reporting odd behavior."
Snapchat murders missing girls from Delphi

I'm going to take a wild guess and say a few of the items mentioned above could apply to anyone in a psychological crisis. And a few could also apply to another ongoing case. Color me confused!!

Upstream there is a post about an accident he had in Jan 2017.
On his facebook page he is drawing a face in an inch snow on the hood of a reddish car - possibly his.

MOO I am assuming as reported that they came together to after work, assuming the company runs regular shifts they would have gotten off at 7am. Its a 7 minute drive from Arconic to TJs Apartment.
Arconic is where TJs instagram says he worked.

GF called police at 8:05am and reported TJ was in her and RMs apartment and RM missing, RMs apartment is a 5 minute drive from TJs apartment.

Police were out looking for RM and at TJs complex by 8:30am.
A witness saw RM at TRJ's apartment that morning. And thank heavens they did, because that sighting is probably the reason police were able to get a warrant. I believe the witness also said there was no sounds of a fight, but I will have to look back the articles more.

Lafayette man killed, found in suspect's apartment

From your link...if this report is correct, that the search warrant wasn’t obtained until 8:30pm, 12 hours later and RM was seen in Jasper’s apartment “earlier that day” (but not early that day) also could be indicative of a different sequence of events. Because if we’re to take the report literally, someone else had to be in the apartment in order to see RM there.

BBM

“While police investigated a missing persons report on Martin, they learned that he had been seen in Jasper's apartment earlier that day according to the affidavit......

.......Police got a search warrant for Jasper's apartment in the 3100 block of Eagles Way Drive in Pheasant Run Apartments at 8:30 p.m. Thursday...”

I agree with you about a different sequence of events. To me it also seems SR became worried that RM didn't come home from work in the early morning as expected. I suppose it would depend on when she expressed that concern to police. They put in a missing person report. I thought they didn't normally do that for an adult until 24 hours had passed unless it was immenant danger, but I could very well be wrong.

Not entirely sure, but TJ father I believe is remarried. I also noticed that in the family pictures above the fire place TJ is not in any of them, perhaps a shaky relationship with the new mom. Maybe even one of the reason his father got him a job at Arconic so he can get him out of the house... He is also COLORBLIND, as seen in his FB post wearing enchroma glasses and in other photos, looks like he saw color for the first time in sept 2016.. Did the his bird witness the crime ? It can certainly mimic things its heard according to his instagram..

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back