GUILTY IN - Salem, Washington Co, BlkMale 5-8, PMI approx 1 week, wooded area near roadway, Apr'22 - Cairo Ammar Jordan *1 guilty* *Mother arrested 2024*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m trying to think of scenarios where this child would have been well cared for and then succumb to something so treatable. Seems like whoever was taking good care of him was not the same person who let him pass and placed him in the woods. I wonder if he had a recent change in his custodial situation, something where the state wasn’t involved. Maybe recent passing of the parents and an adult sibling took custody or passing of one of the parents that really took a toll on the mental health and finances of the surviving parent.

I’m trying to think of scenarios where this child would have been well cared for and then succumb to something so treatable. Seems like whoever was taking good care of him was not the same person who let him pass and placed him in the woods. I wonder if he had a recent change in his custodial situation, something where the state wasn’t involved. Maybe recent passing of the parents and an adult sibling took custody or passing of one of the parents that really took a toll on the mental health and finances of the surviving parent.

Could be a covid orphan? What would happen if the parent was here illegally and died? (Compulsory education doesn't start until age 6.)

Could be a covid orphan? What would happen if the parent was here illegally and died? (Compulsory education doesn't start until age 6.)
Could be! If the caretaker (or even child, I suppose) were here illegally, I think he would just be quietly passed into the care of friends or family.

Ok so in terms of distance, some what of a long shot but the boy matches the description to a T and he went missing the same day that the suitcase was found. As for not being reported missing right away then being alledgedly seen on a camera a month later hours away, I’m calling BS.

Edit: I did find a source that says he was reported missing on April 16th but I can’t seem to find any other media or anything online suggesting that he was reported missing that early. This case lacks details but I just thought I would suggest it due to the similarities.

Last edited:

Ok so in terms of distance, some what of a long shot but the boy matches the description to a T and he went missing the same day that the suitcase was found. As for not being reported missing right away then being alledgedly seen on a camera a month later hours away, I’m calling BS.

Edit: I did find a source that says he was reported missing on April 16th but I can’t seem to find any other media or anything online suggesting that he was reported missing that early. This case lacks details but I just thought I would suggest it due to the similarities.

and, with the autism diagnosis -- this little guy might have declined help from "new" caregivers, might have declined to drink from unfamiliar containers, etc.

What about the supposed video sighting?

jmho ymmv lrr

Police in Indiana are ramping up their hunt for the family of a boy who was found dead in a suitcase in woods last month, revealing that the child was clean, clothed, showed no signs of abuse and died of dehydration.

He was clean and apparently well cared-for? I'm picturing a devastated mother who, for some reason, didn't feel like she could call for medical help even at the very end, and a man who dropped off the child's body. Maybe they aren't legal residents and don't have health insurance. It's just what I picture, could be way off.

I am relieved to hear the boy at least wasn't abused and appeared to be taken care of, during his short little life... Regardless, this is absolutely devastating and not normal under any circumstances. I agree that Nehemiah Leslie fits the description to a T. I hope LE have looked into it.

Possible scenarios that resulted in this child's death (feel free to add your own):
Undocumented migrant
Part of a church/religious group that doesn't believe in medical care
Mother is being abused
Parents are under threat of losing child to social services
Parent or parents are wanted by LE

Possible scenarios that resulted in this child's death (feel free to add your own):
Undocumented migrant
Mother is being abused
I’m wondering if the parents are drug users. Perhaps they didn’t know what caused his death but thought it might be something they were responsible for (like they feared that he possibly ingested some of their meth) and/or maybe he was being neglected, and by the time he was discovered deceased, he was already starting to decompose, and they feared calling the cops at that point.

Undocumented migrant
Mother is being abused
BBM

Expanding on this thought. I remember a few cases of children dying from malnutrition due to the parents spiritual beliefs surrounding food and diet. I vaguely remember those children being infants and toddlers, though.

I keep remembering one of the the first things LE said made me think this little boy was completely off the grid, that they didn't expect him to be in any missing person databases. If he lived with a secluded group, there may have been no record of his birth.

But still, how did he end up in the woods there? If he was well-cared for, no signs of abuse and yet died from what is basically dehydration, it makes no sense to dump him in the woods like that. Dying from something like gastroenteritis makes no sense, either. And why wouldn't the group just perform their own funeral?

If he was the child of an undocumented migrant, he was still well-cared for, so the parents or caregivers had to have been in contact with others for shelter, work, etc. Someone would have noticed he was sick and then missing, wouldn't they?

I really wish we could see a reconstruction, not just because I'm nosy but it might jog someone's memory. If he did live in a spiritual group, it's possible some of his extended family may recognize him as looking like their own relative they lost track of because said relative joined a spiritual group. Like, "Wow, he looks so much like my niece that we haven't seen in ten years."

MOO

Source for LE indicating off grid:

I really wish we could see a reconstruction, not just because I'm nosy but it might jog someone's memory

RSBM~ I completely agree. I think it would be to everyone's benefit if a recon got circulated. I have to wonder if they are in the works of getting one made now. This poor baby's description is pretty vague (not anyone's fault, just the circumstances), and getting what he may have looked like out there will probably help. I'm thinking of Baby Doe (Bella Bond) and the circulation of her recon; may she RIP.

I truthfully have no idea whatsoever with regard to theories. I could see many countless different scenarios about this angel's circumstances. Anything is possible IMO, ranging from simply an impoverished family with a sick child and no way to afford a funeral, to addict and/or negligent parents, to a foster situation, and so much more. I think I lean towards the impoverished family, possibly immigrants, at this point in time. I feel he was loved and cared for, at least at some point in his life. JMO.

"People care, but Huls said they should bear in mind that each tip must be verified by investigators, and because they cannot risk jeopardizing the case, police are not publishing a sketch of what the child likely looked like at this time."

I think they aren't publicly releasing the sketch because they don't want the perps to see it and go into hiding or flee.

Since we now know that he was not murdered, I wonder why they won't publish the sketch now. I wonder if they think the child's parents/guardian(s) won't come forward due to illegally disposing of a corpse. If that's the case with their thinking, then they wouldn't come forward anyway without a reconstruction, JMO.

Since they found nothing pointing to murder, I'm not convinced that it was.

In one of the early news reports, it briefly showed a spot along the little creek. It was such a pretty spot, that I wondered if, instead of "dumping' the body, they placed it somewhere that had meaning.

This makes me wonder too. It wasn't like he was disposed of in a dumpster or alleyway. It was a nice spot like a kid might want to play in.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachael529
Back