GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the paternal grandmother seems to indicate that while Shaylyn was situation in the living room, the adults of the household were in bedrooms, watching television

She recalls Tuesday being just another normal day, with the majority of the family going out to eat with a friend for lunch.

“We went home and put Shaylyn to bed for a nap around two or three (in the afternoon), and had a normal rest of the day. Shaylyn was playing around on the floor, as normal as she could be. A friend of my son came by, Kyle (Parker), and they had a little drink in his bedroom. No loud music or anything, they watched some movie with my husband,” Morgan said.

Morgan said Parker was a friend of her son, Adam, but did not elaborate on his relationship with the family.

“They weren’t all over the house, they were just in the bedroom. I was putting Shaylyn to sleep at that time; I put her in her crib around 8:00 or 8:30 and she finally went to sleep around 10:00 or 10:30. I stayed up and watched a little more T.V. I just made sure she was sleeping and I went to lay down, probably around 11:00,” Morgan said. “My husband woke me up coming to bed, messing with the TV, around midnight. So I went out to the living room to mess with the TV and checked on Shaylyn... she was there, sound asleep in her baby bed. We checked on her one more time before going to bed, around 2:00, and she was still asleep.”

Between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. Thursday, Morgan said someone took Shaylyn from her crib with just her Winnie the Pooh blanket, and vanished.

Morgan said there were no signs of forced entry to the home and nothing was disturbed in the living room, where Shaylyn slept, with the exception of the toddler occupying her crib. Nothing else was taken from the home, including other necessities for Shaylyn, such as a cup, shoes, a coat, a diaper bag, diapers or baby wipes. Valuables such as a new laptop computer and cell phone were untouched.

http://www.spencereveningworld.com/...ssing_Toddler_Found_Thursday_Northeast_O.html

These folks are very creative story tellers aren't they?

Family members told The Herald-Times that on Tuesday night, the child’s uncle, grandfather and Parker drank whiskey and watched television. Parker left the house at about 2 a.m. Wednesday, said Adam Ammerman, the child’s uncle. Grandfather Daniel Morgan said he fixed the satellite television at about that time, checked on the baby and saw her in her crib.
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...cle_c70a95a2-f1d1-11e5-aa09-8b32ae4d2e7d.html

Grandma says grandpa woke her up coming to bed at midnight. Uncle says him, Parker and grandpa were up drinking whiskey & watching tv until 2am.
Grandpa says HE fixed the satellite around 2am and checked on Shaylyn. Grandma says SHE "messed with the tv" and checked on Shaylyn who was still asleep.
Uncle says Parker left around 2am and grandma & grandpa BOTH say Shaylyn was still there after Parker left, asleep in her crib.

The one question that stands out in my mind right now is, where was dad Justin when all this whiskey drinking, tv watching and satellite fixing was going on? He's not mentioned at all. And when additional arrests are made (and I believe they will be), I think we're going to be looking a little closer at Uncle Adam and probably grandma & grandpa. Since these were the 3 that all state, Parker LEFT and Shaylyn was still there. Which we all know, didn't happen.

It is the culture of poverty. I see it here in East Tennessee frequently. These are the families where you are not encouraged to be the first HS or college graduate. These are families that want everyone to stay on the same level as they are on. I have seen teens here actively discouraged or kept away from activities, classes, working: all the things that might help them get out of this spirit-killing cycle. It is sick.

I agree with you to some extent in that those in poverty have a hard time breaking the cycle and that many that suffer from poverty appear as the type of people we have been discussing. However...it is not poverty that I am talking about.
It's a family 'type' and I often see people like this that are not poor. To use the Avery/Dassey clan again..they may appear poor by the way they dress, etc. but they were far from living in poverty. Successful business, drove nice vehicles, LOTS of money in equipment, good share of property, etc.
I personally know a local family that owns a towing service and they are loaded with money, yet many would see them and affiliate them with poverty. Nothing could be further than the truth.
You can't always judge a book by its cover when it comes to money in the bank. It's more of a lifestyle than bank accounts.
I'm not saying this family in particular is rich, poor or in-between. I'm just stating that it is not always poverty that gives the vibe these people do, and answering your post. :)

Worst.

Gaaaaaah!

Off to check on Chase and walk away for a while.

State police said family members who were also in the home have not yet been cleared and the investigation could take weeks, if not months. Anyone with information is still urged to call police with tips.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/24/body-of-missing-1-year-old-spencer-girl-found-suspect-arrested/

According to troopers, seven to 10 people labeled as persons of interests were questioned. The same group are scheduled to take polygraphs.

24-Hour News 8 has learned that the persons of interest are cooperating with the investigation, according to ISP.

http://wishtv.com/2016/03/24/persons-of-interests-questioned-in-babys-disappearance/

I wonder how many of those persons were able to be polygraphed prior to Shaylyn being recovered and what those polys revealed to investigators.

Shaylyn disappeared from a residence in the 400 block of West Jefferson in Spencer IN. She was found northeast of Gossport IN near the White River on private property that is only accessed by privately owned road. Thank you skibaboo!

THAT was my immediate first question - how familiar were they with the area.

All the adults spent Tuesday night into the wee hours of Wednesday morning, partying and watching tv. Then the baby disappears without anyone noticing except they think that Kyle left at 3am and later the baby is found dead from asphyxiation at his house.

No one has a job? Baby sleeps unattended in the living room while an assortment of people come and go without notice, no one locks the door, no one sees the 'guests' out of the house?

Why was this little angel not in bed with grandma and let grandpa sleep on the sofa or on the floor?

When children are in my care overnight, the pack and play is next to my side of the bed and I have a pen light so that when I wake just a bit, or I hear them move, I can see that they are okay. When I am babysitting at the mother's house, I sleep on the floor next to the crib in the baby's room so I can do the same - even though there are empty beds. I am afraid I will sleep too soundly and not her the baby monitor. I am teased because of my paranoia but nothing is going to happen to a child in my care. Why do people not take the responsibility seriously? This is a baby and must be guarded with your life!

In case anyone was wondering if maybe the tv wasn't even in the living room where Shaylyn's crib was:

“My husband woke me up coming to bed, messing with the TV, around midnight. So I went out to the living room to mess with the TV and checked on Shaylyn... she was there, sound asleep in her baby bed.
http://www.spencereveningworld.com/...ssing_Toddler_Found_Thursday_Northeast_O.html

So yes, the tv was in the same room as the crib. The same room uncle Adam, Parker and grandpa were drinking whiskey in, until 2am. As opposed to grandma's statement in this same article that says Adam and Parker were having "a little drink in his bedroom". Unless of course the bedroom has a tv too, and uncle, Parker and grandpa were all in the bedroom drinking whiskey?

Which is pretty much what all responsible, hard working adult men do on a Tuesday night. Until 2am the next morning. :gaah:

Those who follow Bella Bond's case may recall a term being discussed.

burking is one possible explanation.

Asphyxial deaths, whether accidental, suicidal or homicidal, are grouped by forensic scientists into categories based on mechanism. The terminology used to describe cause of death may also vary based on the background of the investigator, causing some confusion to the client. There are three generalized categories: Strangulation, Chemical Asphyxia and Suffocation.
http://www.tasanet.com/knowledgeCenterDetails.aspx?docTypeID=1&docCatID=4&docID=27

verb (used with object), burked, burking.
to murder, as by suffocation, so as to leave no or few marks of violence.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/burking

Or asphyxia caused by sodomy. Ugh.

the paternal grandmother seems to indicate that while Shaylyn was situation in the living room, the adults of the household were in bedrooms, watching television

She recalls Tuesday being just another normal day, with the majority of the family going out to eat with a friend for lunch.

“We went home and put Shaylyn to bed for a nap around two or three (in the afternoon), and had a normal rest of the day. Shaylyn was playing around on the floor, as normal as she could be. A friend of my son came by, Kyle (Parker), and they had a little drink in his bedroom. No loud music or anything, they watched some movie with my husband,” Morgan said.

Morgan said Parker was a friend of her son, Adam, but did not elaborate on his relationship with the family.

“They weren’t all over the house, they were just in the bedroom. I was putting Shaylyn to sleep at that time; I put her in her crib around 8:00 or 8:30 and she finally went to sleep around 10:00 or 10:30. I stayed up and watched a little more T.V. I just made sure she was sleeping and I went to lay down, probably around 11:00,” Morgan said. “My husband woke me up coming to bed, messing with the TV, around midnight. So I went out to the living room to mess with the TV and checked on Shaylyn... she was there, sound asleep in her baby bed. We checked on her one more time before going to bed, around 2:00, and she was still asleep.”

Between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. Thursday, Morgan said someone took Shaylyn from her crib with just her Winnie the Pooh blanket, and vanished.

Morgan said there were no signs of forced entry to the home and nothing was disturbed in the living room, where Shaylyn slept, with the exception of the toddler occupying her crib. Nothing else was taken from the home, including other necessities for Shaylyn, such as a cup, shoes, a coat, a diaper bag, diapers or baby wipes. Valuables such as a new laptop computer and cell phone were untouched.

RBBM

Starting at 00:50 in this video from yesterday the grandmother says nothing in the house was disturbed or missing, just Shaylyn.

"Her baby blankets were laying on the couch, next to her bed, were not disturbed, her toys weren't disturbed, her - nothing in the house was taken, but Shaylyn."

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...deo_92820eb8-f1fa-11e5-9d11-47b6c68ddf83.html

So some time between the video and the finding of Shaylyn's body grandma remembered that her Winnie the Pooh blanket was missing? Wow, IMO that's kind of a big thing to overlook. Poor memory? Changing story?

Gah. This is so frustrating...

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...cle_c70a95a2-f1d1-11e5-aa09-8b32ae4d2e7d.html

Grandma says grandpa woke her up coming to bed at midnight. Uncle says him, Parker and grandpa were up drinking whiskey & watching tv until 2am.
Grandpa says HE fixed the satellite around 2am and checked on Shaylyn. Grandma says SHE "messed with the tv" and checked on Shaylyn who was still asleep.
Uncle says Parker left around 2am and grandma & grandpa BOTH say Shaylyn was still there after Parker left, asleep in her crib.

The one question that stands out in my mind right now is, where was dad Justin when all this whiskey drinking, tv watching and satellite fixing was going on? He's not mentioned at all. And when additional arrests are made (and I believe they will be), I think we're going to be looking a little closer at Uncle Adam and probably grandma & grandpa. Since these were the 3 that all state, Parker LEFT and Shaylyn was still there. Which we all know, didn't happen.

I don't know if someone has suggested this possibility, but since the doors were unlocked, isn't it possible that Kyle returned to the house after having left the first time?

Asphyxiation of a baby. Wtf is wrong with people? Smdh. I feel quesy.

So they have to have some sort of evidence to know it's asphyxia due to homicide and not some sort of accident (tangled in a blanket, something in the crib, etc.), correct?

And you just have to wonder why grandma, grandpa and uncle would cover for family friend if he was responsible for Shaylyn's death?

I don't know if someone has suggested this possibility, but since the doors were unlocked, isn't it possible that Kyle returned to the house after having left the first time?
The 2:00 first time or the 3:00 first time?

ETA seriously, though, I'd consider this a possibility if their stories weren't constantly changing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was sure I've read every link on this but, don't recall seeing this:

On the night that Shaylyn went missing, two other people entered and left the house, Morgan said. Kyle Parker, a friend of her son, Adam Ammerman, came to watch some movies with Ammerman and later left the house. Justin Ammerman's ex-girlfriend, Kelly Rogers, appears to have come into the home sometime after 4 a.m. and placed some newspapers on the counter in the kitchen before leaving, Morgan said. Rogers had been living at the house since her and Justin Ammerman broke up, Morgan said, but the family hadn't seen her since Sunday. Morgan said she did not see Rogers enter or exit the house Wednesday, but believes she entered the home because she is always the one who leaves newspapers in her kitchen.
http://www.idsnews.com/article/2016...-missing-1-year-old-girl-from-spencer-indiana

Morgan says Parker and Adam both entered and left the house?
How does Morgan know it was sometime after 4am if she was allegedly asleep by 2am (as per other articles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Don7777