GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever confirmed if the diaper bag was also taken when the baby was first discovered missing? I read that early on, but never heard if that was in fact true or verified by LE.

No, only the baby and possibly her Winnie the Pooh blanket.

"Shaylyn, police said, is described as 15 months old, 20 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes. She was wearing a white zip-up sleeper decorated with owls and had a purple pacifier when she went missing. She might also have been carrying a blue-and-white "Winnie the Pooh" blanket."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...issing-1-year-old-last-seen-spencer/82186094/

No, only the baby and possibly her Winnie the Pooh blanket.

"Shaylyn, police said, is described as 15 months old, 20 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes. She was wearing a white zip-up sleeper decorated with owls and had a purple pacifier when she went missing. She might also have been carrying a blue-and-white "Winnie the Pooh" blanket."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...issing-1-year-old-last-seen-spencer/82186094/

At 1 minute mark, grandma says nothing was disturbed, blankets were on the couch. Only Shaylyn was gone.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...deo_92820eb8-f1fa-11e5-9d11-47b6c68ddf83.html

Apologies if this is not ok to post, but for anyone that followed Morgan Bauer's case here before the thread got deleted, she has apparently been located safe as per her sister.
I know I shouldn't derail threads. I just was so pleased to hear it and had no place to express it.

Shaylyn is heavy on my mind. The one comfort I have is that LE seem to be doing an excellent job & I don't think this will forever remain a mystery. Someone will talk - my hunch only.

I have not seen confirmation that neighbors heard a fight, but I'm sure that I've missed stuff. Can you please link?

Kimbella (poster on websleuths) posted that it was on Fox59. I haven't gone through the articles or broadcasts though.

Since we have conflicting info on the blanket, we likely won't know unless it comes out at trial. Jmo.

Does anyone know if she was found in PJ's that match the description of what the gma said she was last wearing?

There was supposed to be a press conference today. Anyone know what time?

New details possible Monday in Shaylyn Ammerman investigation

SPENCER, Ind. -
We should learn more Monday about the death of a toddler in Spencer.

The man arrested in connection with the case, 22-year-old Kyle Parker, is due in Owen County court for a video hearing at 1 p.m. Monday. That initial hearing could provide new details about the disappearance and death of 15-month old Shaylyn Ammerman.

Eyewitness News was allowed into the mostly-hidden area Sunday where police found the little girl's body and spent more than a day collecting evidence.

It is a secluded place. Down a private dirt and gravel lane, created years ago when a new railroad track was built on higher ground and the old one was torn out. The area is all but hidden from the distant county road. The embankment is so close to the lane and so steep, you have to get out of your car to see the bottom.

Whoever drove here intending to hide the girl's body may have known the area well. The property owner said it's a favorite of locals who frequently ignore his 'No trespassing' signs. Shaylyn was placed in the brush at the bottom of the embankment on the edge of the farm field, according to investigators.

BBM

eq15u.jpg

So I fell down the FB rabbit hole. Something weird(but probably totally unrelated) that I noticed: the step grandpa's post that was mentioned from 2012 I think about him asking a girl to forgive him because he hurt her mentions her name. Then on dad(justin)s FB he posted a screen shot of a text from someone saying how they appreciated him so much and it sounded romantic. The only person to like it was the person mentioned in step gpa's post. How weird would it be if he was dating his step dads ex! Sorry that was confusing hopefully it makes sense

Eta: apparently she's engaged so scratch that. May have been the ex, idk when they broke up. Still find it interesting

It's very easy to fall down that particular rabbit hole with this group of folks. I don't know if it's because it's such a small town that naturally everyone pretty much knows everyone and/or has at one time dated this one or that one or is the ex-fiance/spouse of the other one, but I've seen this sort of thing as well.

New interview with the family.

~snip

Adam said the family just can’t figure out why the tragedy happened.

Justin said he believes the case will be an ‘unsolved mystery.’

“We just can’t think of why anybody would hurt a beautiful baby girl, she was absolutely gorgeous and so happy,” Tamera said. “She was just here so much, I mean I pretty much took care of her since birth, anytime mom and dad would need time away, before she started coming here to stay, I had her.”

Tamera said at least the family has closure after police discovered Shaylyn’s remains.

“At least we did find out that they found her with her clothes on,” she said. “She’s already in heaven, so that’s taken care of.”

She said none of the family members have jobs, with little else to do but sit and think about the tragedy.

“We don’t really have anything to do. Now we’ll just sit here. We have the funeral to do and then we’ll get back to our lives as best as we can, what we have to get back to,” Tamera said.

Few signs of Shaylyn remained the day after law enforcement removed police tape and barricades, allowing the family to return to their home. An unopened box of diapers sat on the kitchen table and a half-dozen framed photos sat on shelves. The family returned home to find an angel statue and a stuffed animal in memory of Shaylyn on their doorstep.

“I know you don’t see much of anything baby around, but I just had to get it out of here. Her baby bed was in that corner,” Tamera said, pointing to the southwest corner of the family’s living room. “Me and my son took a hammer to it this morning and demolished it. (Saturday) night I gave her riding toys to my nephew for his little girl and then this morning we got up and took all of her toys, clothes and stuff out.”

More at link:
http://www.spencereveningworld.com/...alls_Hours_Before_After_Toddler_Went_Mis.html

They sure seem in a hurry to move on. What if Shaylyn's mother wanted her daughter's crib, clothing, toys, etc.? Why the hurry to get everything of the child's out of the house? Out of sight, out of mind. And, what makes Justin so sure that the crime will be unsolved? Probably because everyone in the house will cover for one another. No one works, but they all have cell phones, drink, smoke, probably buy drugs. :stormingmad:

When the Mr's Dad passed his Mom removed all his items like clothing and health care, etc. the same day. It was just her way. She needed to keep busy and three of her kids were there so they did it all t her bidding. Not our way but it was her's.

Others in the home early last Wednesday morning were Justin’s ex-girlfriend, Kelly Rogers, and Brian Cummings. “They either came right after he left or sometime right after. They laid the newspapers (on the counter) and left. They don’t get done with their paper route until about 4:30 or five o’clock, I know how long that route takes. They probably got done around 4:30ish. I do believe she (Shaylyn) was gone by then.”
http://www.spencereveningworld.com/...alls_Hours_Before_After_Toddler_Went_Mis.html

https://www.facebook.com/brian.l.cummins

New interview with the family.

~snip

Adam said the family just can’t figure out why the tragedy happened.

Justin said he believes the case will be an ‘unsolved mystery.’

“We just can’t think of why anybody would hurt a beautiful baby girl, she was absolutely gorgeous and so happy,” Tamera said. “She was just here so much, I mean I pretty much took care of her since birth, anytime mom and dad would need time away, before she started coming here to stay, I had her.”

Tamera said at least the family has closure after police discovered Shaylyn’s remains.

“At least we did find out that they found her with her clothes on,” she said. “She’s already in heaven, so that’s taken care of.”

She said none of the family members have jobs, with little else to do but sit and think about the tragedy.

“We don’t really have anything to do. Now we’ll just sit here. We have the funeral to do and then we’ll get back to our lives as best as we can, what we have to get back to,” Tamera said.

Few signs of Shaylyn remained the day after law enforcement removed police tape and barricades, allowing the family to return to their home. An unopened box of diapers sat on the kitchen table and a half-dozen framed photos sat on shelves. The family returned home to find an angel statue and a stuffed animal in memory of Shaylyn on their doorstep.

“I know you don’t see much of anything baby around, but I just had to get it out of here. Her baby bed was in that corner,” Tamera said, pointing to the southwest corner of the family’s living room. “Me and my son took a hammer to it this morning and demolished it. (Saturday) night I gave her riding toys to my nephew for his little girl and then this morning we got up and took all of her toys, clothes and stuff out.”

More at link:
http://www.spencereveningworld.com/n..._Went_Mis.html

Now I'm not one to judge or jump to conclusions or find guilt before trial, but I just can't for the life of me figure out why someone who had JUST lost this precious, beautiful child in such a tragic way would not only DO what they did (so soon after Shaylyn's death) but why they would even think to share that with the public. Really? Is that some twisted way of sticking that in everyone's face? Are they wanting a reaction for some kind of sick thrill? THIS interview surely tops all their previous ones as far as I'm concerned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member