Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Knight said:
Would be interesting to find out if LE ever said that, in fact. Doesn't sound like a reason to not speak to her own sister, even if she was on medication (which I wouldn't blame someone for if they saw such a sight, obviously.)
since you asked me about the phone call and when/where I found out.. I keep replaying the call I received from 'X' telling me that dad and darleen were dead.. and then he said murdered. He also called my house and husband was not available and received a message that 'X' needed to talk to him. Brother also received a call from 'X'... I believe brother actually connected with a person first and i had left my cell at work.. i was on lunch outside the office. I also tried to call 'X' several times while we drove - asking to speak to 'A' and I was not getting anywhere.

I did not feel any sadness from 'X' the entire time I was at the house... It's my own feelings and i thought that to be very strange - since 'X' was close to family and worked close with Dad... I appreciate everyone has their own feelings and some don't show as other would ... I just found that to be a little cold... I can also state others felt the same - other family members who also seen the same cold feelings.. I was not alone...and I am still not alone..

Rosco said:
Thank you for your kind words. Having even a stranger's heart and tears thru this computer helps. Thank you.

LE reminds me that case is solvable and i believe that myself.

With 'A' cutting all contact with me/husband/brother since the day we all left.. I just can't understand it. I continue to battle it in my head - that it does not constitute murder - but my gosh... WHY? Why the stranger? Why the 'lack of help' with my efforts...or even a 'hell of a job sis!".. nothing. Even the closest of family would question...and speculate. Red flags... they seem to pop up often.. but as blaize noted that red flags don't always seem the same in ones eye as the other.
She was paranoid from the beginning, with her telling the newspaper she was "very nervous" about police not telling her much. You were not told much more, did that make you very nervous as their daughter?

Someone said to me today that she is probably still paranoid and as a result, cannot face the family. Question is, why so paranoid? Does she feel guilty, perhaps? Was she high on drugs that night and now feels guilty about whatever happened? And as a result, cannot face the family? Just playing devils advocate.

Dark Knight said:
She was paranoid from the beginning, with her telling the newspaper she was "very nervous" about police not telling her much. You were not told much more, did that make you very nervous as their daughter?

Someone said to me today that she is probably still paranoid and as a result, cannot face the family. Question is, why so paranoid? Does she feel guilty, perhaps? Was she high on drugs that night and now feels guilty about whatever happened? And as a result, cannot face the family? Just playing devils advocate.
DK, this case has reminded me of the Laci Peterson case in so many ways, but this is a classic example. Remember how Scott avoided Laci's family? They kept trying to get him to talk, and even in the beginning to console him, and he avoided speaking to them. We know it's because he was guilty.

gardenmom said:
DK, this case has reminded me of the Laci Peterson case in so many ways, but this is a classic example. Remember how Scott avoided Laci's family? They kept trying to get him to talk, and even in the beginning to console him, and he avoided speaking to them. We know it's because he was guilty.
You're exactly right! It is very similar, especially in that regards.

Rosco said:
I think if you were placed in a situation like mine you might question your faith. God did not do anything wrong... the sin did.. the sin that a human gave into the sin. There might be a time in the future to forgive and not be bitter. It's still an open wound here and 'A' has only seemed to be placing salt in the wound instead of trying to heal.

I was hoping to raise more money before I post the reward. My goal is 10K.. or better.. Is that not a good idea? Maybe I can place the amount of $2,000 and then later advise of the growing of the reward and foundation.. maybe ? Just thinking out-loud..
If you have 5K, why only put up 2k to start?

Rosco said:
I did not feel any sadness from 'X' the entire time I was at the house... It's my own feelings and i thought that to be very strange - since 'X' was close to family and worked close with Dad... I appreciate everyone has their own feelings and some don't show as other would ... I just found that to be a little cold... I can also state others felt the same - other family members who also seen the same cold feelings.. I was not alone...and I am still not alone..
Another parallel to the Scott Peterson case....people also said they didn't see any real sadness from him, either, after his wife disappeared. And we now know why, don't we?

The one year anniversary of the murders is at the end of this week, iirc. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you, Rosco, during what will be a difficult time for you and your family emotionally.

BTW - I love the fact your hat on here is from your father's dog that you adopted! That's very cool!

Dark Knight said:

I thought the same thing DK about her being nervous. WHY? I don't know why anyone would feel that after BOTH their parents are murdered. I know it was my father and I sure didn't feel nervous about LE or what they know/don't know.. I was nervous at the thought the person/s were not found and that someone else can get hurt too!!! That was my FIRST thought. I wonder about the 'can't face family' thought too. My support and family here where I live continues to tell me that too - when someone is guilty they can easily walk away and not face it.. and then it's not in their life anymore... BUT guess what - I am going to stir the pot a bit this weekend!!! (WINK)

Dark Knight said:
The one year anniversary of the murders is at the end of this week, iirc. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you, Rosco, during what will be a difficult time for you and your family emotionally.

BTW - I love the fact your hat on here is from your father's dog that you adopted! That's very cool!
Thanks DK. Your very kind. It's hard this month... and as the days get closer and also after talking and such... it will bring tons of emotions that I have been trying to bury deep.

Just FYI - billboard is up rt20/rt3.

I know that Rosco would have ended up killed if I did not take him. It's the closest I can be with my Dad...cuz he was selective with 'his' dogs... and I can treasure that - even if it is just a dog... IT"S MY DAD"S DOG.. and now he's mine. He's a handful - BELIEVE ME... a 120lb lap-dog... More so than my toddler!!

Dark Knight said:
Another parallel to the Scott Peterson case....people also said they didn't see any real sadness from him, either, after his wife disappeared. And we now know why, don't we?
STRANGE!!!!! I never thought but SOO close. Hiding away... not talking ... not in the media.. not in memorial services... not helping with search.. not involved with Foundation...or web-site.
Very very intersting. It took 2 yrs for him to be arrested. I can wait..

Dark Knight said:
If you have 5K, why only put up 2k to start?
Yes - thought that too. I'm currently renting the billboard (SR20/RT3) and other expenses that come out of the foundation... But I have access to the funds IF someone would happen to come forward with information and they would be entilted... I could ALWAYS cover the amount... Soo.. I still was thinking maybe 3K.. this way it gives me some funds to still keep billboard going and anything else that I might find helpful. Also web-site cost. BUT if someone is caught and I WON"T need the foundation anymore!!! (PRAYING EVERYDAY!)

Rosco, I am thinking about you this week. It's ONLY been a year, so don't be hard on yourself for grieving. I have a feeling their killers will be caught.

gardenmom said:
Rosco, I am thinking about you this week. It's ONLY been a year, so don't be hard on yourself for grieving. I have a feeling their killers will be caught.
Thank you gardenmom. Your a thoughtful person.

I wish sometimes that I can go back to the normal life I had before the murders. How normal everyday issues seemed to be so involved. I think of how I wish them back... how simple and uninvolved normal life is until you deal with the everyday emotional rollercoaster of the thoughts of your family being murdered and the 'possibilities' of how it too place. Nobody should ever go thru grieving due to the hands of another human. Normal life with a family and full-time job with stress and daily chaos - it just so much more to deal with... Understanding that they never had a chance to live life/children/love/grandkids/old age/ until God takes you the way He intends. Makes you sad and angry all at the same time. Hard to explain. Wish I could just throw my arms up and have a tantrum like my 3yr old..

I sometimes dream dad drowned. I can live with that.

Rosco, at the risk of sounding cliche, you should look for a support group of survivors of murdered family members. You will never get over this because it is so senseless, but at least you can talk it out with other people who know what you are going through.

I hope this weekend with the possible media attention and billboard up - being all visible for all to see (including) ... maybe something can come about. Planning on a visit. Shall see what happens. I am nervous but also anxious!

Rosco said:
I hope this weekend with the possible media attention and billboard up - being all visible for all to see (including) ... maybe something can come about. Planning on a visit. Shall see what happens. I am nervous but also anxious!
Hello Rosco,

Now is an ideal time to get some flyers printed and handed out in the local area asking for information and just keeping the case fresh in people's minds.

blaize

It sounds like the media is stirring a bit with the 1 year anniversay coming up. Rosco has done a great job helping them along, lol. A reward of $2000 has been offered (and rising.)

Dark Knight said:
It sounds like the media is stirring a bit with the 1 year anniversay coming up. Rosco has done a great job helping them along, lol. A reward of $2000 has been offered (and rising.)
I am looking forward to this weekend DK.. Hands are a bit clammy but will get over it. Had some nice calls from friends that have seen the billboard. I think that billboard and media will really make something happen this weekend. I will visit the board myself and take a pic. Very emotional these past few days. Keeping it together tho!

Rosco said:
I am looking forward to this weekend DK.. Hands are a bit clammy but will get over it. Had some nice calls from friends that have seen the billboard. I think that billboard and media will really make something happen this weekend. I will visit the board myself and take a pic. Very emotional these past few days. Keeping it together tho!
I'm praying for you during these difficult times. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow