In your opinion, why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

• Because they are truly in love.

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • To get her on his side/confidence.

Votes: 73 11.4%
  • To avoid statutory rape charges.

Votes: 177 27.7%
  • Because they think they won't have to testify against each other.

Votes: 156 24.4%
  • That Misty is maybe pregnant

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

Votes: 195 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May have posted this earlier, but I think they believed he could beat the stat rape charges and they would not have to testify against each other. They might love each other but love is not enough... you need to like each other, and I think when this case finally blows, that's going to go downhill fast. I predict their marriage will be over within a year.

Well if one were to believe Cobra's account given to AH, then one would believe that RC's married MC to, as he alledgedly stated, keep her close...all I know is, whatever the reason may be, it ain't love baby! :D

(Bold Me)
Cobra's account given to AH ---
Re: Allegations that MC was/had been in the company of an African-American male named “Greg.” In Cobra’s account to AH he was about to present RC's with the news of “Greg” when, supposedly RC stopped him and told him (Cobra) that he (RC) was quite aware of “Greg.” Cobra also says that RC's told him that MC's was with “Greg” the week before Haleigh’s abduction/disappearance and that the two may, possibly, have been together the night that Haleigh’s abduction/disappearance occurred.
Source: http://www.thesky973.com/pages/4091345.php (link to the audio of Cobra’s account is on this website and includes an R-rating warning due to language)

Cobra: We’ve got… I’ve got other guys up here right now trying to find…there’s 3 or 4 guys, ahh white boy “Greg” is at the top of the list because Ronald, I heard rumors, but then Ronald told me flat out, oh on Sunday that yeah and I’m gonna , I’m gonna be quite frank with you, you might have to cut it but, quote – unquote, I said, “Ronald I have a very difficult question to ask you about, about your now wife. It appears that one week ago before Haleigh come up missing that she was…”
He goes, “Stop right there, I know what you’re going to ask me. Yes, she was ****ing a black guy? Yes. How do I feel about her ****ing a black guy? Ahh, I know this, if I didn’t marry her I would never, you hear me, what do you do with your enemies?” I said, “You keep em’ close,” he goes, “exactly and if I didn’t marry her I don’t know where in the hell my *so…where do I go look for my *son?”End.

*son is the actual transcription – I would assume that Cobra erred in his re-telling of the story, mistakenly using “son” rather than daughter. (referring to Haleigh)

If RC did say that he married MC to keep his enemies close, he is just throwing Cobra off thats all.He married her because she holds the key so very well....JMO

Because Neves and Sykes said he should. mo today

Because Neves and Sykes said he should. mo today

Amen!!!

What else could it have been really!! gmab!!! LOL!!!!

However --- because Misty is just a kid herself and she seemed so happy, glowing and all at the license trip and the wedding itself, with the dress and all .... I do hope she was happy.

I chose to get him on his side because that is what I heard Cobra say he gave as a reason and at this juncture, I haven't found Cobra to change his story every 8 hours. But then again, he did hear it from RC who does change his story, so I probably would have been better off choosing the last option! This family makes my head spin like none other...and YES, I follow the Caylee case and still say this!!!

I voted for the this is too bizarre to even take a guess at choice but actually I think it's all of the above EXCEPT there's no love there.

Thats a good choice considering it could have been most all of them except the first choice.. Him marrying her didn't have anything to do with love.

I would like to believe that Ron married Misty because he loved her but I just can't be convinced of that. In my heart of hearts I think that he wanted to marry her to keep her with him.

I'm with others here who say that Ron married Misty were under the mistaken notion that she couldn't be compelled to testify against him should this come down on him about Haleigh's disappearance.

Either that or he was trying to do some damage control on the stat rape possibilities; or perhaps both reasons figured into it.

Great points all kant. Misty is holding the key.....to RC's jail cell...she keeps him out, they get married and Mommy TN and Granny praise her to the moon. She rolls...he drives a bus over her.

I haven't seen any buses rolling over anyone on his side,so I believe he married her,because he loves her.He had his daughter just taken and maybe he wanted to grab hold of what he had to not lose it.And again,Misty is holding the key,because she was the last one in the MH that night to see Haleigh,obviously LE will say that about anyone that was last seen with a missing person in any case.All else is spectulation from rumors that keep being proven wrong.

I thought we were allowed to post opinions here. The thread title is Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?
I'm pretty sure none of us really know for a fact.

Hi Stilettos...

I just wanted to clarify - is this your opinion?

It's posted as fact, and I just wanted to find out if you knew something the rest of us don't know? TIA.

The title of this thread is "Why do you think Ron and Misty got married". If we are to be on topic in the thread, my post speaks for itself, is on topic and falls within TOS. If it is not, I am sure that there is a WS mod who will let me know. I very well may know some things that the rest of you do not know, but this thread is not the place for me to post them.

Speaking of mods, I have a question. There seems to be a feeling in some quarters that on a thread that asks a question about your thoughts you still need to post a link to each and every statement you make. Is that true?

The title of this thread is "Why do you think Ron and Misty got married. If we are to be on topic in the thread, I believe that my post speaks for itself, is on topic and falls within TOS. If it is not, I am sure that there is a WS mod who will let me know. I very well may know some things that the rest of you do not know, but this thread is not the place for me to post them.

Speaking of mods, I have a question. There seems to be a feeling in some quarters that on a thread that asks a question about your thoughts you still need to post a link to each and every statement you make. Is that true?

And I want to know exactly each and every single fact that makes you THINK anything you post. And I would like authoritative links to the facts that make you THINK anything at all.
Just to clarify, because certain peeps post are SO DIFFICULT to understand. You know what I mean?

ETA
AND I want to know every single thought you think, also.

I think Misty is the key for the timeline, to help them nail who snatched HaLeigh. I don't think there is anything more than than. JMO

I think Misty is the key for the timeline, to help them nail who snatched HaLeigh. I don't think there is anything more than than. JMO

Which brings us nicely back to topic. Misty is the key for the timeline, to help them nail who snatched HaLeigh. According to LE, the key was not turning in the lock, at least it wasn't back when they got married. So why did Ron and Misty marry? Who and why would marry someone who's the key to help get justice for your daughter but who won't turn?

Stay on topic Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

Because Misty has knowledge about the crime surrounding HaLeigh's abduction that would cost RC some freedom. Perhaps she has knowledge of even darker things?

I really don't know, perhaps being in love, maybe add in a touch of some worries about Misty's age and possible charges, and maybe add in to push the envelope and have the abductor react and show themselves.

Which brings us nicely back to topic. Misty is the key for the timeline, to help them nail who snatched HaLeigh. According to LE, the key was not turning in the lock, at least it wasn't back when they got married. So why did Ron and Misty marry? Who and why would marry someone who's the key to help get justice for your daughter but who won't turn?

I think the real reason RC and MC got married is because TN told them to in an effort to protect what was left of the family from a custody battle.

I think TN wanted this marriage, as she makes very clear on at least two videotaped interviews, because of custody issues relating to Jr and possibly to Haleigh, were she to be found. How does marriage do this:

1. The marriage protects RC from statutory rape charges.
2. The marriage shows the world that RC does NOT think MC was being negligent that night.
3. The marriage shows the world that this entire family, including GGMS, who was elegant about MC’s maturity, stands behind RC and MC as a great family unit.

Incidental data in support of my thinking:

1. This is also the reason for the confusion about who picked up Haleigh from school – TN was covering RC from the charge that MC does not have a driver’s license.
2. TN’s almost unbelievable defense of MC as the best possible partner for RC (days after the wild weekend of sex and drugs) and mother to the children (after one went missing on her watch).
3. The night of the proposal was TN’s public birthday dinner.
4. The photos TN carefully took documenting the progression of Haleigh’s injuries following the accident at school.

Following Occam’s Razor, I don’t have to imagine nefarious reasons for the wedding, such as protecting each other from criminal charges. This MAY be true, but from the data I’m not forced there in order to find some sense in the marriage.

Here, however, is one problem they all ran into, a problem that they knew they would have to try and overcome, and which not many people have commented on. Read this quote from TN.

“Well, it is unusual for some onlookers, but those people didn’t live with my two grandchildren,” Neves told Nancy Grace. “My grandchildren, both Haleigh and Junior, have very often said that they would love for their daddy to marry Misty and that they wanted Misty to be their mommy. And so I feel like they are just trying to fulfill a wish for Haleigh so that when she comes home she will have that extra happiness to come home to. It’s an event that Haleigh really should be at, but when she comes home, we’ll have a great big wedding so she can be the flower girl and see it all again,” the grandmother said.

Now listen to this: Misty has said she promised Haleigh she would be part of their wedding someday…

There’s the problem: from their own mouths they tell us they knew that not only wouldn’t this event make Haleigh happy, it was precisely not what Haleigh wanted. Haleigh wanted to be AT the wedding, as many children would. Data, from their own mouths, that the reason RC and MC got married was NOT for Haleigh, the reason they tried to convince the world of. Nope, they knew it wasn’t. They knew it was for another reason. I think it was AT LEAST to help preserve their family from prison and loss of custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab