Inconsistencies/Discrepancies & Timeline discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My thoughts:

1. If it was 3:00 am and she was truly on her way to the bathroom and she saw the glow of the kitchen light and it startled her enough to go look....WHY? That would have been close enough to the time that Ronald got home from work. Why did she assume immediately something was wrong, in a groggy state of mind from waking up....because you all know when one wakes up from deep sleep to go to the bathroom...or get a drink of water...whatever...one is still groggy.

2. When she woke up to go to the bathroom, wouldn't it make sense if she were sleeping in the same bed as children her first instinct was to look at the children as she quietly got up to go to the bathroom so as to not wake them? Did she not notice right away that Haliegh was not in the bed? Sometimes kids get 'lost in the covers" so wouldn't instinct have told her if anything was questionable to reach out and pat the bundle?

3. But more importantly.......WHY all the blabber about blankets washed, etc.?? What relevance does that have? Seems to me she wasn't the type to be so concerned about the children and their blankets when the gross pillow didn't even have a pillow case on it. ya know? Do you recall AT THE ONSET she stated "I even washed the blanket on the window"? What was that about? Was a blanket on a window instead of curtains? So why at the spur of the moment...in the eve...would she have put kids to bed and grab a "curtain blanket" and washed it too? Something not right there.

4. What possessed her to become high alert and then to go towards that light? It could have been Ronald in the kitchen for all she knew coming in from work. Seems to me the bathroom is what woke her...is where she would have went first....when people lie...they give TOO much information. Her statement of "I woke up to go to the bathroom, saw the light, saw the door, and never went to the bathroom"....is what totally snagged me at the onset. It was NOT necessary to add the "I never went to the bathroom" part.

She embellished enough words in her statements about the events in that evening , in my opinion...to make a lie believable. Enough so that the investigators agree with her "inconsistencies" as being important enough that they keep bringing her back in.
Thank you!!!! :blowkiss: That is what I've been saying from the very start. Those were the first things that set my hinky meter off. If she "saw a 3", on the clock and saw the light on in the kitchen and door open--wouldn't the first thing be to check out front and see if RC's car was there? My first thought would be it was RC home from work. And if you're going to use the other bathroom because you don't want to wake the kids--don't you watch them as you're sneaking out of the room to make sure your movements don't awakened them? I knew they seemed like small details, but they've always bothered me.

Which article got it right; who parked the van? These articles are almost verbatim the same except one talks of Misty and one of Chelsea. What on earth is going on with the reporting of this case? What else have they got all mixed up?

Misty said the night Haleigh disappeared, a family member was staying with them. Around 4 a.m., Misty called the family member to tell them Haleigh was missing. They went outside to the van to drive to Haleigh’s home and Misty said she immediately noticed the van was not in the same spot she left it.
“I know I don’t park like that, and I was the last to drive the van," Misty said.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031809_haleigh_van_questions

Chelsea Croslin said the night Haleigh disappeared, a family member was staying with them. She says around 4 a.m., when Misty called them to tell them Haleigh was missing, they went outside to the van to drive to Haleigh’s home. Chelsea said she immediately noticed the van was not in the same spot she left it.

“I know I don’t park like that, and I was the last to drive the van.”

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topsto...ce-In-The-Haleigh/1k5Lp9GD2E2M74ZPyUJb7g.cspx

I'm having a very hard time sifting through this mess but it was my understanding per Ron on NG that they always slept with the master bedroom door open from which the kitchen light was viewable. I took this to mean the light was not on until Misty came back from...1. bathroom 2. getting drink?? However if Misty never actually accomplished her mission, when exactly did she notice the light on? It would be my understanding the light would have been noticed immedeately upon awkening without even leaving the bedroom.

What on earth are the odds that someone broke into a locked back door at the exact time Misty happens to awaken to use the restroom and is able to sneak Haleigh out before Misty can return?? :confused:

If she can't remember which bathroom she used, if she got a drink or not, wh then how in the world does she remember if the light was on or not on when she went to bed?

I fall on the side of inconsistencies=lies.

Did anyone see Haliegh after the daddy left for work? I was just wondering if maybe she could have went missing sooner than when Misty reported her missing.

WOW so many excellent points.. where do I even start.

In short the most GLARING what-the-heck part of Misty's diatribe was her long unnecessary overly-complicated, overly-detailed, un-asked for story about the freakin blankets.

Too too weird and way too super red-flaggish for me to let that bit slide.

She is definitely telling us something, imo... but what?

Did anyone see Haliegh after the daddy left for work? I was just wondering if maybe she could have went missing sooner than when Misty reported her missing.

SissyPo, I think this is a very real possibilty.

Did AC man ever say that he SAW Haleigh?

Also, I, for one, do not believe the bit about Mrs. Sykes coming by at 7 to 8 PM as Mother Teresa has stated. Maybe granny Sykes is confused on the dates or something; IDK.

Also who was Granny Sykes companion who was with her? She said "WE" went by the house, didn't she? She also told this story 9 days in (not day 1) which is odd imo.

ALso has Misty ever stated that Granny Sykes came by? Do we know? So far, I've only heard Teresa and Sykes talk about it; but maybe I missed something.

The inconsistent part to me is that when Misty was asked who was in the home on Feb 9 she said it was her brother and his kids and also the AC man.

Then Teresa and Mrs Sykes say that Mrs Sykes and a companion came to the house around or after 7 Pm and yet Misty (to my knowledge) hasn't mentioned Mrs Sykes and the companion coming by. Which is it?

It's still an inconsistency about the musical beds and who went to bed where & when, but I'm wondering if part of story was developed because of child services and the children not being in the bedroom with RC and MC.

According to Lisa Croslin, the movie that Misty put in the player for Haleigh to watch was not in the player when Misty got up.

(I'm wondering how Misty had time to check which movie was in the player when she got up)

ETA: http://www.artharris.com/

She probably didn't check. The police probably did and the movie didn't match her story.

Thanks, Annie. :smile: That's what I'm thinking. So we have another inconsistency.

Misty says she put Air Buds into the player for Haleigh to watch.

Air Buds was not in the player.

Thanks, Annie. :smile: That's what I'm thinking. So we have another inconsistency.

Misty says she put Air Buds into the player for Haleigh to watch.

Air Buds was not in the player.
Didn't GGM show the video in the player when she was walking the reporter through the house? I'll have to look for the link tomorrow.

I'm having a very hard time sifting through this mess but it was my understanding per Ron on NG that they always slept with the master bedroom door open from which the kitchen light was viewable. I took this to mean the light was not on until Misty came back from...1. bathroom 2. getting drink?? However if Misty never actually accomplished her mission, when exactly did she notice the light on? It would be my understanding the light would have been noticed immedeately upon awkening without even leaving the bedroom.

What on earth are the odds that someone broke into a locked back door at the exact time Misty happens to awaken to use the restroom and is able to sneak Haleigh out before Misty can return?? :confused:

...much less at the same point in time when dad was due to pull in the driveway from his shift at work... :waitasec: JMO

:parrot:

Okay, I am going to play devil's advocate for MC.

1) By all accounts, she was raising the children pretty much 24/7. I know some of you must remember what it was like to have an active soon to be 4 year old son and a 5 year old daughter with medical issues when you were 16/17. When you were raising these kids, weren't you exhausted by 10:30-11:00 at night? Did you ever fall into a deep sleep from exhaustion? MC looked exhausted.

It is possible that she was home and asleep, exhausted.

2) MC's mother said the toddler bed was at the foot of the big bed. This position of the bed makes a lot of things make sense now. This way, the toddler bed would be very close to the toilet, which appears to be behind only a 1/2 wall. MC wakes up to go to the bathroom and decides to go to the other bathroom because of the noise or maybe the smell. She would not have been able to tell if Haleigh was in the toddler bed unless she walked around the big bed. Think of the line of sight. Plus, she goes out the room through the door to her immediate right, 2 feet away, into the L/R area. She sees the light on in the kitchen.

The water had been turned off for repairs in the neighborhood during the day. Maybe that toilet didn't the water valve turned back on yet.

Isn't it now possible that she did not notice Haleigh missing immediately when she woke up for these very reasons?

3) The kids' had their movies going. Wouldn't the sound of the movies tend to drown out other noises. We don't know when Haleigh was taken, but maybe the movie was playing loud at the time.

Isn't it possible that MC didn't hear anything because of the movie still playing?

4) The pink shirt. MC said she was wearing the pink shirt. She later found it in the dirty laundry. It was 40 degrees that night.

Isn't it possible that whoever took her, was prepared and brought warm clothes or a blanket? Family kidnapping stuff.

*snipped*

2) MC's mother said the toddler bed was at the foot of the big bed. This position of the bed makes a lot of things make sense now. This way, the toddler bed would be very close to the toilet, which appears to be behind only a 1/2 wall. MC wakes up to go to the bathroom and decides to go to the other bathroom because of the noise or maybe the smell. She would not have been able to tell if Haleigh was in the toddler bed unless she walked around the big bed. Think of the line of sight. Plus, she goes out the room through the door to her immediate right, 2 feet away, into the L/R area. She sees the light on in the kitchen.

The water had been turned off for repairs in the neighborhood during the day. Maybe that toilet didn't the water valve turned back on yet.

Isn't it now possible that she did not notice Haleigh missing immediately when she woke up for these very reasons?

Dot, the walk-through video had the tot bed against the wall, right in front of the bedroom door into the living room, 4' away from the (as you would climb into it) left side of the adult bed. I've heard the same statement about the tot bed being down by the foot of the bed closest to the TV, but in that walk-through, it was stated that the bed was in EXACTLY the same place it was the night Haleigh disappeared. That's why people look askance when she says she did not notice Haleigh gone right away, because she would have had to have seen her bed at least, immediately she rolls out of the bed to go to EITHER bathroom. The light from the kitchen would have shone onto the carpet into the living room and not directly into the bedroom, but it should have illuminated Haleigh's bed, since it was right there at the opened bedroom door.

3) The kids' had their movies going. Wouldn't the sound of the movies tend to drown out other noises. We don't know when Haleigh was taken, but maybe the movie was playing loud at the time.

Isn't it possible that MC didn't hear anything because of the movie still playing?

4) The pink shirt. MC said she was wearing the pink shirt. She later found it in the dirty laundry. It was 40 degrees that night.

Isn't it possible that whoever took her, was prepared and brought warm clothes or a blanket? Family kidnapping stuff.

Misty states that Jr watched his movie in the living room, Haleigh watched hers in the bedroom and was asleep by 8:30. She gives no time for Jr to fall asleep, though mentions that when his movie was over (an 86 minute long movie, which puts it to 9:30 for Jr) he made his way to the bedroom and crawled into the adult bed. It's more likely, like most people who have to listen to children's movies over and over and over (did I say over) again, she just drowned out the movie playing all together as she did whatever chores she says she was doing. But all that is neither here nor there, since Misty also insists that, when done with her chores, she took the two fresh blankets and covered Haleigh up with one, and crawled into bed with Jr and covered up with the other at around 10. So by Misty's own statements, Haleigh wasn't gone during the movie watching period.

As for the pink shirt, I cannot make head nor tails of what that mystery means!

Was there another movie or none? Lisa Croslin gives a credible explanation: Haleigh changed it. However, Misty would have to be really out of it to sleep through a child watching a movie in the same room with her. Maybe she left the home with the videos as a babysitter, and that's why she wasn 't aware of the movie change or the clothes change.

Sister-in-law says that they "almost have to tell her to watch what she says". Almost?

Come on we know Misty was parting for three days prior to Monday. I would have to say sleeping in a van and parting could be why Misty was so tired and was able to sleep through the movie and not hear Haleigh being abducted.
I am not going to speculate what Misty was doing while gone those three days. I don't believe it is why Haleigh is gone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymoose
Back