India - US citizen found chained to a tree near Mumbai

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Earthwindfire

Reaction score
I have just had this appear on my screen and can't see it anywhere else yet.

'A 50-year-old American woman was found chained to a tree and left to die in a forest in India, police said.

The woman, identified as Lalita Kayi Kumar, was rescued after a shepherd heard her cries on Saturday evening in Sonurli village, located about 450km from India’s financial capital of Mumbai in the south-western state of Maharashtra.'

I have been careful about what link I have posted as the woman has been pictured without her face blurred out in some.

I wonder if this woman was reported as missing by any family in the US. I don't like the suggestion of psychiatric issues reported by some media outlets. If she has been severely abused then it wouldn't surprise me if she has mental health issues, but I feel the way it is being reported almost makes it sound like it could be used as an excuse for her husband's behaviour.

She doesn't look like she comes from Indian heritage so I wonder if she has changed her name to something more familiar Indian sounding since living there.

“The woman is not in a position to give her statement. She is weak as she has not eaten anything for a couple of days and also as the area experienced heavy rains,” an official explained.

After rescuing, Kumar was taken to a hospital in Sawantwadi in Maharashtra’s Konkan region. She was later transferred to Oros in Sindhudurg. Due to her critical mental and physical state, she was eventually moved to Goa Medical College for advanced treatment.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/worl...chained-in-indian-jungle-101722308005736.html

I found a Lalita Kai on linkedin that looks eerily similar to the woman found in the forest. I wonder if this is her. I won't post the link but it is easy to find if you google Lalita Kai.

I have just had this appear on my screen and can't see it anywhere else yet.

'A 50-year-old American woman was found chained to a tree and left to die in a forest in India, police said.

The woman, identified as Lalita Kayi Kumar, was rescued after a shepherd heard her cries on Saturday evening in Sonurli village, located about 450km from India’s financial capital of Mumbai in the south-western state of Maharashtra.'

I have been careful about what link I have posted as the woman has been pictured without her face blurred out in some.

So awful! I wish her smooth recovery from physical and emotional injuries. I also hope for justice, but mainly I hope for her to heal from this ordeal. What someone did to her is beyond cruel.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back