Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dixiegirl1035

I will do it, but I won't like it
Reaction score
I don't see a thread for this, so I thought I might start one as I keep seeing those that are, yet not a thread for such.

To start with the one article I just saw posted by @Henry2326 (many before this to catch up on)

Tennis star Roger Federer has announced he will donate 1 million Swiss Francs — or about $1.02 million — to help the most vulnerable families in Switzerland impacted by the coronavirus outbreak Roger Federer is the latest sport star to donate to coronavirus efforts
CNN International on Twitter

NBA

●Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, and Giannis Antetokounmpo

Blake Griffin to Donate $100K to Pistons Arena Workers amid NBA Suspension

Detroit Pistons star Blake Griffin has pledged to donate $100,000 to help workers at Little Caesars Arena, where he plays his home games, according to Rod Breard of the Detroit News.

[...]

Cleveland Cavaliers veteran Kevin Love announced in an Instagram Post he would donate $100,000 to help those at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse

[...]

Giannis Antetokounmpo followed suit with a $100,000 donation to help employees at Fiserv Forum, home of the Milwaukee Bucks

[...]

Coronavirus: Zion Williamson to pay for arena workers' salaries

●Zion Williamson

[...]

"The people of New Orleans have been incredibly welcoming and supportive since I was Drafted by the Pels last June, and some of the most special people I have met are those who work at smoothie King Center. These are the folks who make our games possible, creating the perfect environment for our fans and everyone involved in the organization.

"Unfortunately, many of them are still recovering from long term challenges created by Katrina, and now face the economic impact of the postponement of games because of the virus. My mother has always set an example for me about being respectful for others and being grateful for what we have, and so today I am pledging to cover the salaries for all of those Smoothie King Workers for the next 30 days....

[...]

March 21, 2020 ( NBA and NFL)

Zach Lavine
Russell Williams and wife Ciara
● Stephen and Ayesha Curry

Chicago Bulls star Zach LaVine donates 12,500 meals to Seattle food bank amid COVID-19 pandemic

[...]

Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine is the latest Nba player to dig into his own pocket to support communities impacted by the coronavirus outbreak.

The 25-year-old pledged to donate 12,500 meals to people in need in Seattle via Feeding America, a network of food banks which helps more than 40 million Americans each year, including 12 million children.

[...]

"I want to do my part and help my communities as much as I can during this difficult time. I’m starting off by committing 12,500 meals to the city of Seattle with @FeedingAmerica. As you know, I grew up here in Seattle and will always be #seattlestrong"

[...]

LaVine isn't the only high-profile player with ties to Seattle to come out in support of the local community. Earlier this week, Seattle Seahawks Seahawks Russell Williams and his wife Ciara pledged to donate one million meals to a local food bank.

"Everything that we do together makes a difference," Wilson's wife said in a video the couple posted to Twitter. "Together we will conquer these tough times we are going through."

[...]

Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry and his wife, Ayesha, on Monday committed to donate one million meals to the Alameda County Community Food Bank for children in the Oakland Unified School District

[...]

GOVERNOR CUOMO
New York is fighting a war against this virus and we need all the help we can get.
On behalf of the family of New York, I'm deeply grateful to:
-@BollandBranch for hospital mattresses
-@Restore_Global for coveralls
-@Facebook and @Loreal for hand sanitizer
1/5
Thank you to:
-@SuburbanPropane for propane services
-@GoldmanSachs for masks
-@Wayfair for mattresses, linens, sheets & pillows for field hospitals
-@Walmart for use of parking lots & store facilities infrastructure
-@Keurig/@DrPepper for coffee/beverages for volunteers
2/5
Thank you to:
-@Niagara_Water for bottles of water
-@AmnealPharma for Hydroxychloroquine
-Long Island Ambulatory Surgery Center for a ventilator
-@Uniqlo for masks
-@Corning Life Sciences for centrifuge tubes and cryovials
-@NBCUniversal for medical supplies and PPE
3/5
Thank you to:
-The Office of @NewYorkStateAG for protective masks and gloves
-The Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities in NY (@CICU) for ventilators and PPE
-JUDY for N-95 masks
-@Huawei for N-95 masks, isolation gowns, medical goggles and gloves
4/5
I want to thank @rihanna and the Rihanna Foundation for donating Personal Protective Equipment to New York State.
We're so appreciative of your help and that of so many others who have stepped up.
5/5
Andrew Cuomo on Twitter

Justin Bieber donated an unspecified amount to the Beijing Chunmiao Children Aid Foundation, offering his support to the country of China.

Link posted above.

Drew Brees commit $5 million to help Louisiana
Brees commits $5 million to help Louisiana

After giving $500,000 worth of shoes to healthcare workers, Allbirds is now offering to split the cost with you to donate a pair
After giving $500,000 worth of shoes to healthcare workers, Allbirds is now offering to split the cost with you to donate a pair
(most comfortable shoes ever by the way)

San Francisco 49ers Committing $500,000 To Support Employees, Community Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
San Francisco 49ers Committing $500,000 To Support Employees, Community Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

NY Giants funding childcare for emergency response personnel during coronavirus crisis
Giants funding childcare for emergency response personnel during coronavirus crisis

Ralph Lauren donates $10M to coronavirus relief efforts
https://pagesix.com/2020/03/26/ralph-lauren-donates-10m-to-coronavirus-relief-efforts/

The designer, 80, announced on Thursday that the Ralph Lauren Corporate Foundation will donate $10 million to disease relief efforts, split across different causes including the Emergency Assistance Foundation, the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund and more.

Also: The Ralph Lauren Corporation is starting the production of 250,000 masks and 25,000 isolation gowns with our U.S. manufacturing partners for donation to support the fight against COVID-19.

Ralph Lauren on Instagram: “The Ralph Lauren Corporation is starting the production of 250,000 masks and 25,000 isolation gowns with our U.S. manufacturing partners…”

Musk "donating hundreds of ventilators to New York City and State"

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said early Friday that Tesla boss Elon Musk was "donating hundreds of ventilators to New York City and State, including our public hospitals."

In a tweet, de Blasio said Musk had made the pledge in a phone call Friday evening, for which the mayor said he was "deeply grateful. We need every ventilator we can get our hands on these next few weeks to save lives."

Coronavirus updates: U.K. leader tests positive as U.S. states seek help

Mark Zuckerberg, Priscilla Chan and Bill Gates to fund $25M coronavirus research group

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Dr. Priscilla Chan are stepping up to help battle the coronavirus pandemic through their charitable group, The Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative. They announced plans to partner with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, "contributing $25 million with Gates and others" to begin exploring possible COVID-19 treatments.

Chan explained that the collective's goal will be "to fund a group to screen all the drugs that we know have potential effects against coronavirus."

JetBlue to fly medical volunteers to New York for free

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo commended JetBlue for donating flights to medical volunteers heading to New York to help combat the coronavirus pandemic.

"JetBlue is currently working with many of our community non-profit partners and government agencies to help get medical professionals and much-needed supplies to the places where they are needed most," the airline said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back