Interesting Info about Site where remains found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is considered a trait of a true psychopath. I remember reading a book about Ted Bundy, and it was stated that adults noticed him torturing insects at first, pulling a wing off of a flying insect. It was believed that he later killed animals.

yes, torturing/killing small animals, bed wetting and fire starting are the three big red flags, but it's important to remember that a great many psychopaths have not indulged in all three of these behaviours and there and some who appear to have participated in none of them.

This tells my heart that the children walking to school are passing by an area known to be where garbage is dumped, and now the body of a toddler found. Can you imagine how these children must be trying to make sense of this in there wee minds? Now more than ever there should be a brighter path to walk to school. Maybe in honor of Caylee, a yellow brick road stating,"Your out of the woods, your out of the dark," with newly planted trees, flowers ect. Wrong thred for this idea, but knowing this just wasn't a teenage part place but also a dump site keeps me sickened. :furious:

I think this is a good idea. (I don't live in Florida, I have only been there once, to Pennsicola, I remember the sand was very white) What a beautiful way to remember Caylee. Maybe the woods that are closer to the school would be nice. I've been reading most of the posts on this thread, seems like the topic is going more towards dumping trash. I believe it's not a state by stae issue, it's just lazy people. Just like people who spit their gum on the sidewalk, lazy people.

Even if that is the reason that the meter reader was so suspicious, don't you think he would've pointed out a trash bag with duct tape on it. I don't think LE would've dismissed a trash bag with duct tape on it as just trash. So I really would like to know what he saw. I can't wait until he tells HIS STORY.

So there was duck tape around the opening of the bag, and the hole was at the sides, or bottom of the bag?

I just posted about the same thing..I have curbside pickup in my town but the one next to me does not so they need to bring their trash to the local dump (sticker required) or pay a private service..I'm pretty sure nobody just dumps their trash bags where they feel like it..That's a concept that's hard to wrap my brain around.

Most sanitation districts have a limit on how many trash cans can be put out at the curb, and also have a list of items they won't take. Here, we have to separate our trash into three barrels, regular day-to-day garbage, yard refuse (lawn clippings and prunings), and recycle items such as glass or cans.

If you have something that the sanitation trucks won't take, most people here have to pay someone to take it. Some people, not willing to pay to get rid of something, might just dump it in a secluded spot.

Let me just ask this. What exactly do you think LE should have done with the 3 tips from the MR?

First call. Say you are an OSCO deputy and you respond to a call about a stinky trash bag on Suburban Drive. When you get there the caller is gone and you see nothing on the side of the road except swamp. What do you do?

Third call. You are a different OSCO deputy and you respond to the stinky trash bag call. This time the caller waits for you. There is nothing visible on the side of the road and the swamp is full of water. You get nearer to the swamp, but a 4' rattlesnake awaits your next step. You see nothing and you smell nothing. What do you do?

Oh in hindsight, I suppose you suggest that the deputy shoot the snake. Officers can not simply shoot undesirable animals or reptiles! They can not just shoot their guns to kill a snake that they can just walk away from for pete's sake. There are rules about firing their handguns! Especially in a residential neighborhood and on private property!

A stinky trash bag in an illegal dump site is not a sufficient reason to shoot wildlife!

Do you expect that the report of a stinky trash bag in an illegal dumpsite in a swamp should be reason for LE to swarm out in full force, drain the swamp and start rummaging through all the trash bags, tires, whatever, to find a trash bag which is not visible and which no longer emits an odor discernible from the edge of the swamp?

There was a post here by a WS'r who went out to look at the site. She reported that in her opinion anyone taking a step of two beyond the cut grassy area would likely stumble upon a tire, a trash bag or some other junk that someone threw in there.

I can not blame this officer for not wading into this mess, it would have been an exercise in futility. I also can not blame them for not launching an all out search for a trash bag in a swampy illegal dump site because someone thinks they smelled something foul. A dead snake stinks to high heaven, as does a dead armadillo, racoon, opossum, alligator, dog, cat not to mention the rotting stench that eminates from a swamp.

Don't blame LE for not immediately deciding that a stinky garbage bag report was actually Caylee's body. Blame KC for putting her there and not telling anyone. Put the responsibility where it belongs.

I wonder why the second call, made 8-12, was made at 9pm, are there lights out there, wouldn't it be hard to see anything without lights?

As I understand it, it's privately owned property. The owner would be responsible for cleaning it up....ooops he's out of town...an absentee owner. Absentee owners present a huge problem to city and county government in keeping lots and tracts cleared and free from debris. It's the CITY's (or County's) job though to issue a citation to the owner that he has so many days to clean up his property, or the city will do it FOR him and place a lien on the property for the cost of the services.

That is the way it is done here in Louisiana, beckaroozie! Also, if there is a vacant, unmown lot, the City will finally mow it and charge the owners.

It is a beginning that the owner has finally put a NO TRESSPASSING sign on the property. Now it needs to be fenced, but the owner cannot be made to do so.

I wonder why the second call, made 8-12, was made at 9pm, are there lights out there, wouldn't it be hard to see anything without lights?

I am anxiously awaiting hearing the answer to that one!

That is the way it is done here in Louisiana, beckaroozie! Also, if there is a vacant, unmown lot, the City will finally mow it and charge the owners.

It is a beginning that the owner has finally put a NO TRESSPASSING sign on the property. Now it needs to be fenced, but the owner cannot be made to do so.
I thought the owner of that lot had put up a six foot fence between the time the body was dumped and the time that Caylee was found. Did I miss something?

I am just wondering why the meter reader either kicked or picked up the garbage bag with the duct tape around it. The duct tape would indicate that it was not just usual household garbage if someone went to the trouble to tape it shut that way.

I know it is easy to say what I would do After the fact, but it sure would have been better to have called someone again, then stayed there until either his supervisor or LE got there BEFORE touching the bag in any way. Duct tape would certainly have been the big 'do not touch' indicator to me.

Again, I am looking forward to reading any LE interview regarding this meter reader. Of course, I am naturally skeptical, but it just seems like a part of the meter reader's explanation is missing from the story we have heard. JMO

I thought the owner of that lot had put up a six foot fence between the time the body was dumped and the time that Caylee was found. Did I miss something?

Hi, SS!

Unless LE had taken down a part of fencing, it did not appear to be fencing there in the crime scene pics. It looked to me like the area Caylee's body was found in was unobstructed from the edge of the road.

I could be wrong, tho.

It makes no sense to me either. It was within the comfort zone of the perpetrator, end of story.

It makes sense to me because of the decomp in the car .It would appear that KC put Caylee in the car and took her away from the area.Given the thick undergrowth in this area it made more sense that KC did the easiest thing....drive to a dumpster,river or lightly wooded,but desolate area and dump Caylee.That's what most of us thought she did.

The surrounding trees would have made it seem darker in that area, IMO. At 9:00 PM, dusk to dark happens pretty quickly.

We saw in the crime scene pics how almost obscured the garbage bag seemed to have been. By the time LE could have gotten there it would have been dark, IMO.

Itis like that in this area of Oregon too. The unkept areas are soon overgrown with blackberry bushes, ferns and Lord knows what else. I can imagine hiding a bag very easily around here and having a hard time finding it again. The only thing we don't have that you all have are the CRITTERS! YIKES!

Kimster, where in Oregon are you located? I'm in Grants Pass.:):wave:

ROFL LaLaw I'm originally from Louisiana! BTR :) Geaux Tigers! Anyway I moved to Indiana 10 years ago and it's done that way here as well. ((hugs for my Cajun Compadre))

ROFL LaLaw I'm originally from Louisiana! BTR :) Geaux Tigers! Anyway I moved to Indiana 10 years ago and it's done that way here as well. ((hugs for my Cajun Compadre))

(((hugs to you also, beckaroozie! yes, Geaux Tigers!)))

I enjoy your posts, beckaroozie!

I am glad our city has the ordinances it has.

Daylight Savings Time would make it light much later, wouldn't it? ;)

Oh yeah, time change, I live in Arizona, we don't change time here :) But that's what I was asking, was there enought light to be able to actually see a trash bag that would stand out from all the others that have been dumped in that same area?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back