Interesting Info about Site where remains found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
this is JMO, I don't think that the body was there the whole time. I just don't think it been there since June. But I do wonder why Police to not search the neigborhoods first thing when there is a missing child. there been cases all over that the children is found so close to home. Just like Jessica L case in Flordia across the road from her home. I still don't understand that case.

I don't know why the bag with Caylee wasn't found, if cadaver dogs or tracking dogs were used. As I've written before, I thought the woods had already been searched near the Anthony home.

However, I also live in the southeast with woods all around me, and it is not unusual during hot and humid times to have bad odors coming from the woods. It could be skunks or other animals like coyotes, or it could be a dead animal. I would never automatically think a human being was in the woods if I smelled a bad odor in the summertime. I would think of a dead turtle or raccoon or something. And it's even hotter in Florida with more predators/scavengers. :twocents:

One more thing - people dump stuff in the woods because they are lazy, or because it is going to cost them to get things hauled away. It's unfortunate, but I think people do it everywhere, except maybe in subdivisions with strict guidelines.

I think one of the major things is that heavy rainfall from tropical storms dumped a lot of rain in the area, and the area where Caylee's remains were found, a low spot that filled with water during heavy rains, was under water from about mid-August until the area finally dried out a few weeks before her remains were discovered.

Surrounding areas nearer the school may have been searched, but not that area that was under water. TM states that he lost an ATV trying to search that area and decided it was dangerous for horses to go into, and abandoned searching that specific area.

The meter reader called the tips in on Aug. 11, 12, and 13, and even though an officer responded on the 13th, they couldn't find the bag, and they were scared by a snake. It was only a few days later that there was a lot of rain and the remains were then under water.

I should change my name to broken record but; it had been 31 days since Caylee was seen,they had decomp in the car that suggests KC drove away with Caylee's body.They had a neighbor saying KC's car was backed into the garage suggesting she was moving the body.There were cell pings in remote places out by the airport. The working theory was that KC moved the body away from home. That's what everyone believed,not just LE.
I think in most cases a grid search would start at the home,but this was far from normal.Everyone in the home said KC had left the home with Caylee.

I totally agree with you, and have thought this all along. I still wonder what those remote pings were all about, if they weren't Casey burying Caylee. I truly believe that those remote pings threw everyone, LE, TES, etc. off track. I think also that searchers were giving Casey too much credit. They thought she might have had some plan of a disposal, some remote place where her body would be hard to find, but in fact, Casey was just lazy and threw her in the nearest vacant swampy land. I think the search crews over-thought the whole thing. The phrase "keep it simple" comes to mind.

Out of curiosity, for how long would a little body like Caylee's left out in the woods smell? I wouldn't think it smell as long as an adult's body would. With that, for 31 days, that decomp odor could have been out there lingering and people would've been dismissing it as an animal remains, because they didn't know of any humans in the area missing. So, by the time people knew a child was missing (and presumed kidnapped), that smell might have been gone. Plus, by then, the area was underwater, so would it still smell if it was underwater?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily trying to defend LE for not finding her, but I don't blame them, or any of the other search parties, for missing her either. Living in Orlando, I can definitely see where finding her body (even if the entire vacant areas around her home had been thoroughly searched) would have been like finding a needle in a haystack. They probably received hundreds of tips, like the ones from the meter reader, and were they supposed to drain every swamp in Central Florida on the remote possibility that it may be the swamp Caylee was in (for that matter, did they even know it was a swamp that Caylee was in?) In today's economy, as an Orlando resident, I'm glad they didn't drain every swamp on the whim that her body could have been there. They don't have all kinds of extra money to pay for that! Jobs and public service projects would have more than likely had to have been cut to fund all that, leaving even more victims of Casey's web of lies. The only one at fault in this whole thing is Casey. She is the one who knew where to look, and she didn't tell. I hold no one else responsible other than her. :furious:

I think one of the major things is that heavy rainfall from tropical storms dumped a lot of rain in the area, and the area where Caylee's remains were found, a low spot that filled with water during heavy rains, was under water from about mid-August until the area finally dried out a few weeks before her remains were discovered.

Surrounding areas nearer the school may have been searched, but not that area that was under water. TM states that he lost an ATV trying to search that area and decided it was dangerous for horses to go into, and abandoned searching that specific area.

The meter reader called the tips in on Aug. 11, 12, and 13, and even though an officer responded on the 13th, they couldn't find the bag, and they were scared by a snake. It was only a few days later that there was a lot of rain and the remains were then under water.

Yes, I agree that the heavy rain and flooding had alot to do with the fact that Caylee wasn't found sooner.

It makes sense to me because of the decomp in the car .It would appear that KC put Caylee in the car and took her away from the area.Given the thick undergrowth in this area it made more sense that KC did the easiest thing....drive to a dumpster,river or lightly wooded,but desolate area and dump Caylee.That's what most of us thought she did.

I agree that the car and the crazy Zanny the Nanny stories opened up the possibility that the body was elsewhere, plus the pings on the cell phone near the airport, etc. Unfortunately all that seemed to actually work in Casey's favor for quite some time. But in the end, there was a much simpler scenario right down the street.

this is JMO, I don't think that the body was there the whole time. I just don't think it been there since June. But I do wonder why Police to not search the neigborhoods first thing when there is a missing child. there been cases all over that the children is found so close to home. Just like Jessica L case in Flordia across the road from her home. I still don't understand that case.

In most cases of missing children, LE is notified within a few hours and they usually do begin with where the child was last seen. The circumstances of where the child was last seen are a major factor - if seen being pulled into a car, an Amber Alert is issued.

But in this case, 31 days had elapsed since Caylee was last seen. LE followed the usual procedure by having Casey accompany them to where she stated Caylee was last seen - at the apartment at the Sawgrass apartment complex where the nanny lived. When LE learned that no one lived in that apartment and that the apartment had been vacant for almost 5 months, and that Casey was lying, they had no place to begin the search, and nothing that met the criteria for an Amber Alert.

With a cold trail to begin with, LE had to reconstruct Casey's whereabouts for those 31 days. They concentrated on her cell phone pings, which gave them a good idea of where she was at any given time. They began their search in an area where her cell phone pings came from during the time frame they believe she disposed of Caylee - the area surrounding the airport.

I totally agree with you, and have thought this all along. I still wonder what those remote pings were all about, if they weren't Casey burying Caylee. I truly believe that those remote pings threw everyone, LE, TES, etc. off track. I think also that searchers were giving Casey too much credit. They thought she might have had some plan of a disposal, some remote place where her body would be hard to find, but in fact, Casey was just lazy and threw her in the nearest vacant swampy land. I think the search crews over-thought the whole thing. The phrase "keep it simple" comes to mind.

Out of curiosity, for how long would a little body like Caylee's left out in the woods smell? I wouldn't think it smell as long as an adult's body would. With that, for 31 days, that decomp odor could have been out there lingering and people would've been dismissing it as an animal remains, because they didn't know of any humans in the area missing. So, by the time people knew a child was missing (and presumed kidnapped), that smell might have been gone. Plus, by then, the area was underwater, so would it still smell if it was underwater?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily trying to defend LE for not finding her, but I don't blame them, or any of the other search parties, for missing her either. Living in Orlando, I can definitely see where finding her body (even if the entire vacant areas around her home had been thoroughly searched) would have been like finding a needle in a haystack. They probably received hundreds of tips, like the ones from the meter reader, and were they supposed to drain every swamp in Central Florida on the remote possibility that it may be the swamp Caylee was in (for that matter, did they even know it was a swamp that Caylee was in?) In today's economy, as an Orlando resident, I'm glad they didn't drain every swamp on the whim that her body could have been there. They don't have all kinds of extra money to pay for that! Jobs and public service projects would have more than likely had to have been cut to fund all that, leaving even more victims of Casey's web of lies. The only one at fault in this whole thing is Casey. She is the one who knew where to look, and she didn't tell. I hold no one else responsible other than her. :furious:

About the cell pings,maybe KC was looking for another place to dump her,but other people were around or something scared her off.
I'll have to go back and look,but did the neighbor see the car backed into the garage twice? Once to take her out to the airport and once to bring her back?

I definitely think LE dropped the ball,but I understand how it happened.

LE had a whole month to search the area close to the Anthony home before the storms hit. They knew right away that her story was BS and suspected foul play. If the meter reader spotted something a month later and knew it wasn't right then LE should have been able to spot the same thing. Either the body was placed at the site in August or LE did not thoroughly search the area before or after the meter reader made his calls. It shouldn't matter if there are snakes or things dumped there. Gets some boots on and search. Lots of men in West Texas go on rattlesnake roundups every year and aren't afraid.

Cindy, George and Lee all backing Casey. Somehow, LE and the searchers got thrown into a tailspin, and couldn't stop chasing it.
Can't wait to hear the Meter Reader's story.

IMO

LE had a whole month to search the area close to the Anthony home before the storms hit. They knew right away that her story was BS and suspected foul play. If the meter reader spotted something a month later and knew it wasn't right then LE should have been able to spot the same thing. Either the body was placed at the site in August or LE did not thoroughly search the area before or after the meter reader made his calls. It shouldn't matter if there are snakes or things dumped there. Gets some boots on and search. Lots of men in West Texas go on rattlesnake roundups every year and aren't afraid.

:eek: Regardless of how LE followed up on these leads, it wouldn't have changed Caylee's fate. Orange county is large, and I am sure they have more crime, more things to deal with on a daily basis than one man's tips. Honestly, how would you feel if you knew that the officer was called away from the scene because of a head on collision that involved a child? Would people still blame LE for not finding her sooner? The matter is still being looked into, and personally I don't think its fair to blame them just yet.
Also, I am glad that Texas has those who are not afraid of those diamondbacks, I am deathly afraid of them, as is my nephew who is front lines of the war in Iraq, but that doesn't make him any less of a soilder.
I just think we need to wait to find out what happened in regards to those tips, and either way, remember, nothing would have changed other than more evidence..the SA went to a grand jury without a body and got the indictment, I don't think they are worried now that some LE officer missed the bag, that its any less of a case..:blowkiss:

JMO- but if it is true that this was a KNOWN dump site in close proximity to the home, all the more reason it should have been declared a prime area of concern and subject to extensive search early on.

It only baffles me more as to how Caylee could have been missed when she was just off the road, so close to home.

I agree. Caylee would still have been dead but if LE had searched carefully, there might be more evidence available to the prosecution.

I wonder then why she just didn't put Caylee in someone's can...

The duct tape has been mentioned but also the bag would have been very heavy and could have torn when it was lifted. The shape of a child might also have been visible.

I should change my name to broken record but; it had been 31 days since Caylee was seen,they had decomp in the car that suggests KC drove away with Caylee's body.They had a neighbor saying KC's car was backed into the garage suggesting she was moving the body.There were cell pings in remote places out by the airport. The working theory was that KC moved the body away from home. That's what everyone believed,not just LE.
I think in most cases a grid search would start at the home,but this was far from normal.Everyone in the home said KC had left the home with Caylee.

This shows that sometimes the old fashioned low tech way is best. W/out the pings to go by, maybe LE would have searched the wooded area more carefully.

(snipped)
I agree. Caylee would still have been dead but if LE had searched carefully, there might be more evidence available to the prosecution.

Maybe from items left in the area, but not from Caylee's body. It would have been skeletal in two weeks.

Ok, blame LE for not finding a bag they couldn't see, reported anonymously by a guy who didn't stay around to show them what he found in a garbage strewn swamp full of moccasins and rattlers.

Whatever.

This just tells me that some of you have never seen a swamp so you have no idea what you are talking about. It is laughable that you think a report of a stinky trash bag that disappeared before LE got to the site would be reason to drain the swamp full of stinking trash bags. Hindsight is fabulous from in front of a computer. I invite you to put on your waders and take a stroll in a swamp before you judge LE for not "following up" on the stinky trash bag.

Ok, blame LE for not finding a bag they couldn't see, reported anonymously by a guy who didn't stay around to show them what he found in a garbage strewn swamp full of moccasins and rattlers.

Whatever.

This just tells me that some of you have never seen a swamp so you have no idea what you are talking about. It is laughable that you think a report of a stinky trash bag that disappeared before LE got to the site would be reason to drain the swamp full of stinking trash bags. Hindsight is fabulous from in front of a computer. I invite you to put on your waders and take a stroll in a swamp before you judge LE for not "following up" on the stinky trash bag.

I live in Thibodaux, Louisiana now but grew up in Larose, Louisiana. My brothers and I had a miniature marsh buggy-not a 4 wheeler- to ride in the swamp, so not only do I know what a swamp looks like, I played in one as a kid.

The wooded area near the Anthony home was not under water until AFTER Tropical Storm Fay (August 19 ) -or a bit over 2 months after Caylee disappeared.

It has nothing to do with hindsight and everything to do with the police not doing a thorough enough search of the areas close to the Anthony home.

Dotseyes, don't forget the MR called 3 different times. Yes, I have been to the FL swamps, I know there are snakes, gators, etc. However, I think what everybody is trying to say is that it is a CHILD that was missing, that LE was pretty sure was dead.
They managed to go in and tear the area apart two weeks ago. Despite the fact that there may be snakes still. I know the area looks drier, but, I feel that LE should have followed up better than what was done. IT IS THEIR JOB. Yea, they were busy, however, somebody, somewhere should have followed thru better.

Itis like that in this area of Oregon too. The unkept areas are soon overgrown with blackberry bushes, ferns and Lord knows what else. I can imagine hiding a bag very easily around here and having a hard time finding it again. The only thing we don't have that you all have are the CRITTERS! YIKES!

Kimster, I am presuming you havent spent a lot of time in the Oregon wooded areas, esp, at night. There are so many "critters" out there , there is not enough space to list them all. I live in city limits and I have seen squirels, racoons, wolf, bobcat, and several others in my own back yard. Oregon has many more than most places, but no gaters. My husband used to shoot bobcats and coogars and take them in to court house for bounty money.

Hi, I have lived FL all my life and our rainy season begins in June, so chances are the area was under water even before Faye came through, remember the nieghborhood boy who explained that. Most of FL was just a swamp to begin with and a lot of areas requires fill dirt to built subdivisions. That makes the area not built up even swampier.

Here is a link to the Orlanda rainfall for 2008. By looking at it you can tell there was just about as much rain in June and July as there was in August when Faye came through.

http://www.cityoforlando.net/public_works/Stormwater/rain/rainfall.htm

:eek: Regardless of how LE followed up on these leads, it wouldn't have changed Caylee's fate. Orange county is large, and I am sure they have more crime, more things to deal with on a daily basis than one man's tips. Honestly, how would you feel if you knew that the officer was called away from the scene because of a head on collision that involved a child? Would people still blame LE for not finding her sooner? The matter is still being looked into, and personally I don't think its fair to blame them just yet.
Also, I am glad that Texas has those who are not afraid of those diamondbacks, I am deathly afraid of them, as is my nephew who is front lines of the war in Iraq, but that doesn't make him any less of a soilder.
I just think we need to wait to find out what happened in regards to those tips, and either way, remember, nothing would have changed other than more evidence..the SA went to a grand jury without a body and got the indictment, I don't think they are worried now that some LE officer missed the bag, that its any less of a case..:blowkiss:

Thank you for this post, mydailyopinions! I agree with you.

I live in Louisiana and we have all kinds of deadly snakes. There are even Coral snakes here. I have personally seen a couple. We also have several bayous here that have aligators in them! I am in North Louisiana, and have Bayou Desaird running through the north side of town and aligators have been seen there. When a lot was cleared down the street, my neighbor got into her car, backed up, and saw a big rattlesnake that had been curled up under her car! I do not know of many people who will take a chance around them no matter how brave they are.

While it did not change Caylee's fate (as you stated), I am glad that someone found her remains. I do not fault LE in the least either. We will finally at some point get to read the written reports of the disposition of the calls to OCSO. OCSO is looking into the response of the deputies and we will know what they find, if anything. It is too easy to second guess when we do not have the whole story yet!

So sickening! Gee, she could have at least picked a lovely spot with flowers in a secluded area. The thought of that sweet baby being dumped like garbage gives me nightmares.:mad:

Maybe someone will remember what I am talking about as in August? I believe that the news had watched LA and GA take off at around 11pm one night to go around the corner to look for a body in a tip? I remember it being on the news as we were all listening on the local scanner. It may have been on the FOX blog but does anyone else remember what I am talking about?
Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed
Back