Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's ridiculous, as practically speaking, it would be very uncomfortable. Who would willingly sit in the bottom of a shower? Why would they? It's just not feasible as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the expression on Travis' face. And, this was right after the photo shot of him when "someone" surprised him, thus the shocked facial expression. I can't understand why more hasn't been made of this by the prosecution. Just look at the photos. Go down the line. What does that, along with the rest of the evidence, lead you to believe. It's really a simple matter of deductive reasoning. IMO

Yes, the picture they keep referring to as him 'sitting' (regarding the one taken from the chest down) I maintain that is not sitting. Slumped... Not to be weird, but looking at it closely, the padded part of the buttocks is tucked under, so that he's on the part that would hurt sitting that way. His back is rounded, next to the right angle of the shower. Certainly not a pose, but not even how you'd sit if you were being forced to with a gun pointed at you.

I know - the medical examiner and the casing on top of the blood. I still think he was shot right there after she ordered him (gun in hand) to sit. The trajectory fits. Next photo is the camera dropping - which she very well mightve when she realized she just took a picture of a man she only thought was dead.

Im suffering from trial withdrawal btw...

The car thing has been bugging me. The roommates never saw it so Ive wondered where she parked it. Google maps is awesome - there's a little park just across the street from his house! (Im amazed she hasnt brought this up imply something sinister but maybe she'd prefer not to draw attention to it) Wouldnt it be cool if those satellites that revolve around the Earth taking photos could've caught a nice one of where her car was parked on June 4th?

Unfortunately, due to my circumstances, I've spent far more time than most people should trying to understand sociopaths/psychopaths. Believe it or not they even have their own forums where they happily share information about themselves. And they laugh at "us". They see themselves as more evolved human beings because they are not encumbered by silly things like emotions and morals. Really! I kid you not! They really haven't a clue what a real emotion is and it ticks them off to the point that they belittle "feelings". They DON'T HAVE THEM. They figure out very quickly that they have to pretend to have them to survive in our "alien" world. JA is an extreme version of this. She's even adapted and learned to manipulate language to "match" what we "normals" say!

jmo

Wow, Pink Panther, great info, thanks! ITA. I have every book on socios, from Hare to Stout, I am fascinated by them. I am sorry to hear you spent time with them, me too! What is the website, I would love to spy on them.

I just had a thought about the inner rage they seem to possess. You know how Travis just seemed like such a really good soul? Well, if socios are truly soulless as we think they are, then no wonder they have rage against people full of goodness and love, the opposite of evil, dark and emptiness. Maybe they are mad because they know there is no goodness in them. Maybe when they meet a person like Travis, that shines so brightly with goodness and love, it serves as a mirror to their darkness. To survive, they must extinguish that light. They are fascinating, evil beings.
jmo

We have a huge shower, and I would not even think about sitting in the bottom of it. We do have a bench in ours, totally different situation though. For one thing, no matter what, the shower floor would feel a little cold and slimy, that's just the way they are. For another, the water would be constantly pelting down, and eventually make me feel I was drowning. That's why showers are designed the way they are, not for sitting down in. There aren't a lot of things I'm sure of. But one is that Travis did not sit in the bottom of the shower on his own free will. Just my opinion, but it's a fact, as far as I'm concerned.

Would you sit down in your shower if someone had a knife or a gun in their hand and told you to do so? How about if they were all dressed up in mostly dark clothing with gloves and possibly a ski hoody over their heads?

I think that's what TA was looking at just before she assaulted him with whatever weapon she had.

I'd sit down. Damn sure. I don't think I'd be worrying about the drain under my bum.

moo

kaRN;9012313 so how 'close' do they appear in it?

They are not close but just the fact that Jodi is there and shooting video in itself would contradict his wanting her out of his life, she does not seem ostracized.

Wow, Pink Panther, great info, thanks! ITA. I have every book on socios, from Hare to Stout, I am fascinated by them. I am sorry to hear you spent time with them, me too! What is the website, I would love to spy on them.

I just had a thought about the inner rage they seem to possess. You know how Travis just seemed like such a really good soul? Well, if socios are truly soulless as we think they are, then no wonder they have rage against people full of goodness and love, the opposite of evil, dark and emptiness. Maybe they are mad because they know there is no goodness in them. Maybe when they meet a person like Travis, that shines so brightly with goodness and love, it serves as a mirror to their darkness. To survive, they must extinguish that light. They are fascinating, evil beings.
jmo

They thrive on good people who have weaknesses. TA (with his past abuse and willingness to accept and understand her probable sob-stories about hers) was the perfect target.

moo

eta - The chite mine told me was unbelievable and none of it turned out to be true.

Ca2pture.png

2_Capture.png

Bringing this forward, the video (still frames)seen above was said to be shot shortly before his death, Does anyone know a date for it? To me I think it is very important if it was shot just weeks prior, it would show Jodi was still much in and around Travis, not ostracized, if it was shot months before hand not so important BUT Radar online said it was shortly before his death.

TIA

I don't know but all the greenery (trees in the back, evergreen toward the ceiling and around the chandeliers) make it seem like around Christmas time to me, just as in the other video jodiannarias posted on YT on 6/12/08.

No one asked, not even Juan, and I think Juan didn't because he knows she'll just say he was jealous of someone (Steve Carroll?) But I agree there have been a couple times where I feel the stalking stuff could arguable come in. In response to juror question, Jodi says, "I had been hearing I was obsessed with him..." I thought that might be a good avenue, but maybe not. BTW, very stupid on Jodi's part to say that and I bet her attorneys were really mad she said that. She basically let everyone know that everyone that knew her was saying she was obsessed with Travis. They have to be wondering what would make people say that...

I totally agree with you. Obviously I am not an attorney, but in my mind, if the defense can admit this, then Juan could somehow bring in the stalking or worse by Jodi. I know that all of us KNOW that she was obsessed with Travis, but the jury obviously hasn't been or isn't privy to all of the knowledge that we have. But those txts and the fact that he would sleep with her/take pics is the biggest piece of the puzzle for me in this trial. That's why I was wondering. Thanks so much for your response!

Ca2pture.png

2_Capture.png

Bringing this forward, the video (still frames)seen above was said to be shot shortly before his death, Does anyone know a date for it? To me I think it is very important if it was shot just weeks prior, it would show Jodi was still much in and around Travis, not ostracized, if it was shot months before hand not so important BUT Radar online said it was shortly before his death.

TIA

Maybe it's me but are those Christmas decorations in the background and hanging from the ceiling?

I have a question about the shower pictures-how is one able to establish whether the shower door is open or closed when they were taken? (except for the one where he is sitting and the side of the door is clearly visible)

Does anyone remember the names Michelle K. and Elena being mentioned in the text messages from Travis? If you take a good look at one of the screen shots on the link below you will see more of the text messages. It's a screen shot and he wants to know who this Michelle K. who is friends with Elena that nobody knows but knows details about his life.
http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/tabularasa6/library/

The picture before the ceiling light. The one where he is sitting but you can't see his head. The shower door is OPEN! His arm is still resting against his knee. He didn't open the door. She did. He still thought that he could talk to her, calm her down. I think that, even if he she had a knife or a gun in her hand, he still thought he was dealing with someone normal. That last pic before the ceiling light tells everything. He was still not reacting! And the shower door had opened!

moo

This is how I've viewed it as well. He didn't know she was there, she walked in and surprised him, maybe with the camera flashing? One can only imagine the things she was saying to him. Thus contributing to his expression and actions. She almost surely had the gun; the knife, close by. She certainly didn't run down and get it from the kitchen.

I have a question about the shower pictures-how is one able to establish whether the shower door is open or closed when they were taken? (except for the one where he is sitting and the side of the door is clearly visible)

There are water drops on the glass of the door on most of the others. The one where he is still sitting but not yet reacting (imo) the door is clearly open. No water drops and you can see the door.

moo

They thrive on good people who have weaknesses. TA (with his past abuse and willingness to accept and understand her probable sob-stories about hers) was the perfect target.

moo

eta - The chite mine told me was unbelievable and none of it turned out to be true.

Pink Panther I sympathize with you because I know how far these types will go to prey on others. His pretending daily to have a job and even mimic/act out the flustered late for work behavior reminds me of someone in my life. I know you said that you don't want to get into the details but did you ever call him out on it once you found out the truth? Did he try to manipulate you by saying he was "scared" and that he did it for "you"?

I see that Travis was trying to do the same thing with jodi in his text to her and even though he knew she would most likely lie, he still tried to tell her that coming clean wouldn't be as hurtful/bad as her lies to him were.

I feel like calling someone out like this too (I know most likely he will lie) but I would like to know from your experience how it turned out for you. If you don't want to share anymore I understand.

There are water drops on the glass of the door on most of the others. The one where he is still sitting but not yet reacting (imo) the door is clearly open. No water drops and you can see the door.

moo

Was the flash used at all? I noticed some are lighter than others and thought a flash would produce glare on the glass.

Pink Panther I sympathize with you because I know how far these types will go to prey on others. His pretending daily to have a job and even mimic/act out the flustered late for work behavior reminds me of someone in my life. I know you said that you don't want to get into the details but did you ever call him out on it once you found out the truth? Did he try to manipulate you by saying he was "scared" and that he did it for "you"?

I see that Travis was trying to do the same thing with jodi in his text to her and even though he knew she would most likely lie, he still tried to tell her that coming clean wouldn't be as hurtful/bad as her lies to him were.

I feel like calling someone out like this too (I know most likely he will lie) but I would like to know from your experience how it turned out for you. If you don't want to share anymore I understand.

No. Don't call your person out. Leave. Get as far away as you can from him or her. To this day, mine has never admitted to anything that has happened. They will deny, deny, deny. Just like JA on the stand in front of cameras and the family. She is not embarrassed because everyone might "know" that she's a lying piece of chute! She still thinks everyone is stupid and inferior to her. Don't bother trying to call that person out. GET OUT!

moo

Was the flash used at all? I noticed some are lighter than others and thought a flash would produce glare on the glass.

iirc, I believe I heard Juan say, when he was displaying these pics, that forensics had to enhance some because of the memory card damage. I could be wrong.

But some of those pics actually look like he was posing for them. Like the ones of his back with his arms against the wall. And when he was sitting down in the shower, his legs were crossed on purpose so he wouldn't show his privates. So how did he NOT know?

I don't think he was posing. But I do get the impression he was recovering from something, comforting himself, experiencing somewhat of a relief, the way he had his arms holding them to his chest. Who knows, maybe he was praying, I mean he was a religious man. Of course, at that point, he believed he had finally gotten rid of JA. He believed she had left. Then, alas, there she was. :(

No never heard of this. Post a link to the article. Is it on the JAII site?

It appears he was. The information can be found in searchable court records in Riverside, CA - I am not going to link it or provide details.

The only pic that seems lighter and in focus is the one that is square on his face. I'm not sure if she (JA) adjusted the settings for that or if LE enhanced the photo. All the other pics are out of focus, dark and quite carpy. JA is a lame azzed photographer at best. Point and shoot I can do as well and better than she did...Even though she was probably shooting the pics from the closet.

moo

Add to that list:

In and Out Burger, CVS, Mickie Dee's fries, bottled water, and she's almost ruined margaritas for me... almost. :)

Really, give up margaritas? LOL, I would never give that psycho that kind of power. :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lineman21