Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why we can't find the first 15 minutes anywhere? Drives me bonkers!

I know; even the WS media thread doesn't have the first 15 minutes. Guess nobody uploaded it. DL said if he could find a better video he'd post it, but so far it's all we have.

As a society, we reserve our strongest punishment for those who inflict upon others a painful, excruciating death. We have agreed, and it is reflected in our laws, that it is worse to murder a person by torture, relishing the act, than it is to shoot or drown someone, as horrible as that is.

My son was murdered and it is a comfort to me that he did not suffer. I can only imagine not having that comfort, the aggravation of the loss knowing what their loved one endured as this monster walks them through the details of her crime. And they see the photos.

No question Jodi Arias relished killing Travis and has been enjoying her celebrity as a 48 hours star and being on TV. Think of how she introduced her aunt, like she was Beyonce introducing her family. She is the Hannibal Lector type of murderer, like poster Lauraoh quoted Steinbeck in East of Eden, “She had eyes like a goat, flat, no depth, devoid of human compassion."

This crime is a perfect example of why we have the death penalty.

I am so sorry about your son. There are no words that are adequate.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that Juan's case is a slam dunk for lwop at least, and that his demeanor might compromise that. Love him if you (general you) must :)

Actually, it's juries that love Juan Martinez.

I am so sorry about your son. There are no words that are adequate.

I just wanted to jump off this post to make a statement to all the folks here that share their personal tragedies. I read all of them. I just am really terrible about responding because I can never think of anything good enough to say. I don't want anyone to ever think I don't care...I just don't show it very well on a message board.

Hugs to all the victims that come together here seeking justice for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember that and I could see the pants & foot in that photo....it's the other one.....the one of the baseboard, was that enhanced too? I don't know how she could drag him (sorry to say this) without his head falling back due to the gash. If its his back....why no blood near the top since there seemed to be blood around his upper back in the pants/foot picture?

I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to SEE it.

Somewhere, somebody made a re-enactment and showed him on a sheet dragging him feet first. But in the picture with her foot and pants, it does look like she is dragging him with his head towards her.

OT: Katiecoolady was incredibly gracious in her interview tonight. She spoke for all of us that are "survivors" of crime, murder, abuse and pain. In trying to make sense of all the pain, we try to inspire change whether personally or through the channels of justice. We try to make a difference, And we try to make sense out of the most horrific of crimes, in our "effort to not just sit there and do nothing". She actually gave my pain "words" and I realized we don't have to be alone in this. In a way, this is a fabulous group of people, a community, striving to make the lives of others better, if not more tolerable. Thank you...

ITA! Katie was excellent on Tricia's radio program--and she held her own with Lillian Glass & Holly Hughes! We're lucky to have such a empathic and sensitive heart in the courtroom. Great job, KCL!

Another one she's thrown under the bus.

Don't know if this has been addressed yet, but the manager of the restaurant when JA cut her finger was furious and posted on the Justice for Travis Alexander facebook page. She said she was there and did the report. Wrote she couldn't believe what JA said and I think she contacted the prosecutor. She was livid! :furious:

Actually, it's juries that love Juan Martinez.

this what i don't get - there isn't a lot nurmi can do w/ this case, and i think he is trying, but he has to see in the jury's eyes and by their questions that his long winded questioning of jodi is hurting his case more than helping it - why hasn't he rushed her off the stand and just stick to the experts?

Don't know if this has been addressed yet, but the manager of the restaurant when JA cut her finger was furious and posted on the Justice for Travis Alexander facebook page. She said she was there and did the report. Wrote she couldn't believe what JA said and I think she contacted the prosecutor. She was livid! :furious:

Maybe we'll see her on the stand.

I believe the third gas can was to burn the evidence. She had already burned the evidence before she got to Ryan's.

The gas cans were also because she might need to get to Mexico without being traced--passport and loaded with gas, can clean up on side of road, ready to go.

The filling of the three gas cans in Utah was subterfuge.

Aren't the mildly astringent facial cleanser pads recommended for after care of a Brazilian? Maybe some of you young ladies can speak to that. Otherwise, I would say that she knew she would be needing to clean up afterwards and would be needing to reapply makeup.

Which is exactly what happened before the Hoover dam checkpoint.

this what i don't get - there isn't a lot nurmi can do w/ this case, and i think he is trying, but he has to see in the jury's eyes and by their questions that his long winded questioning of jodi is hurting his case more than helping it - why hasn't he rushed her off the stand and just stick to the experts?

I liken Nurmi's adventure in this case to trying to put out a forest fire with a water pistol. He keeps leading her and she keeps blabbing until she undoes everything he tried to cover over. :twocents:

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread -- new here...

I wish JM would address the Jan 22 2008 reason of the 'Jodi made-up fight.' Didn't Jodi state it was because she had already lent Travis money and now he wanted $200 more. When she wouldn't give it to him he started getting physical with her?

I find this so hard to believe. Hopefully, this will be part of JM's rebuttal.

It's amazing to me that Jodi lies about things she doesn't need to lie about. She lies for the sake of lying in true psychopathic form! Every answer of hers is designed for wiggle room. Juan has to work like a plow horse to finally get her to commit to answer... And her new answer contradicts a previous one! She thinks with so much word salad out there ... She will confuse at least one juror.

I don't think so :)

Like why lie about the third gas can? Why lie about her finger injured during the murder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread -- new here...

I wish JM would address the Jan 22 2008 reason of the 'Jodi made-up fight.' Didn't Jodi state it was because she had already lent Travis money and now he wanted $200 more. When she wouldn't give it to him he started getting physical with her?

I find this so hard to believe. Hopefully, this will be part of JM's rebuttal.

Welcome to WS :great:

How could they not be on his side. He's got a tape of her lying her *advertiser censored** off to Flores and ANOTHER tape of her lying her *advertiser censored** off on national television and PICTURES of her at the scene dragging the freaking dead body. This case is a prosecutor's w** dream. My only hope continues to be that his demeanor doesn't screw it up.

In defense of this prosecutor, I have to say I was a little nervous about his aggressive style UNTIL he started his cross with the murderess. He was able to do something that I thought was impossible. He brought out the very worst in this defendant! For days, KN droned on and on in his monotone voice - coddling the killer as though she was the victim when, in fact, there was zero evidence that TA was anything but a do-gooder who was victimized by this vile woman. Her self-defense claim was ludicrous and everyone knew it. Everything was a lie!

Juan Martinez performed a miracle! He not only unmasked JA....he brought out an evilness in her that no one could imagine, myself included. Before the cross, I actually thought she might get off with manslaughter and spend 5-8 years in prison. After the past week of cross, I have no doubt the jury will give her her just desserts - the DP.

In all of my years of trial watching, I have never seen anyone stripped of their facade as quickly and adeptly as in this case! Juan brought the real Jodi to life! At the end of Friday's jury questions and Juan's 30 minute dissection of the gas cans, JA looked like she was ready to capitulate! She knows the jig is up! She's will get her wish - the DP (hopefully)!

And, btw, her DT should have coached her on how NOT to react to her nemesis - Juan Martinez. We saw the anger, rage, and hate in her eyes - the same evil that poor Travis witnessed in his final minutes. Anyone who crosses her will suffer the same fate as Travis! And it's all thanks to Juan!

Hold up, my friend. Some of us have reason to lack confidence in the justice system in America. We have seen killers go free. We have seen them get out by mistake. We have seen them paroled early because of crowded conditions and then they kill or rape again.

Remember the couple who gave the video to Dr. Drew that showed JA and TA on the sofa with her draped all over him? The wife of that couple said she told Arias off, culminating with an order to get out of her house. AFTER that, Arias calmly wanders into the kitchen and sits on a stool while the woman is making dinner. She is trying to intimidate her--sending a message that she will not be thrown out. People were afraid of Jodi Arias because she was threatening in her lack of respect for others.

These people are afraid she will get off or get out of prison and come after them.
Then, IMO, they need to testify truthfully to make sure they do NOT go free. DB was with her for FOUR years, and probably knows her better than anyone, including her family. I do not think he is afraid of her - I think for some unfathomable reason, he still cares for her, and that was why his testimony was reluctant and his memory faulty.

Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member