Interviews & MSM with/about friends, family, law enforcement etc...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At this point I think a gag order has come far too late, so it's almost pointless. The damage has been done. It was done on social media sites long before the arrests. People had decided the Moorers were guilty.They had been told the Moorers were guilty on numerous large fb pages.

Everywhere on social media and even here, the Moorers are already called murderers. How could they possibly get a fair trial in Horry County after what's been said and written, bounties put out, arrests by others for obstruction justice and falsifying evidence? They were then called heroes.

I put myself in the shoes of the accused. Innocent or guilty, they deserve an impartial jury. I can't imagine that existing in Horry County, or surrounding areas where the same media is covering this case.

Heck, people in Australia :australia: "know" they are guilty and that's far! :judge:

I do hope there is a change of venue, if there is a venue left in SC.

BBM: And on the other hand, who put themselves in the spot light?? Who was posting stuff on social media?? Who was bashing the victim's family on social media?? Who brought attention to themselves? Who was trying to declare their innocence on social media?
If I were to commit a crime and not want it known and in the public eye, I sure wouldn't be posting on my social media the things that TM posted and I sure as he** wouldn't be bashing the victim and/or her family! Enough said....

ETA: Before my statement of "declare their innocence" gets dissected, I will clarify what I meant which is for example: IF someone is innocent of something, then why lie when questioned? Especially in a missing person case when you are questioned when you last talked to and/or had any communication with that person? For example, SM allegedly saying when his last contact with Heather was? Also, why try and say you don't know who somebody is when more than likely, there's plenty of information to substantiate that you do know who that someone is (especially in a missing persons case)? For example, TM saying she didn't even know who Heather was.

BBM: And on the other hand, who put themselves in the spot light?? Who was posting stuff on social media?? Who was bashing the victim's family on social media?? Who brought attention to themselves? Who was trying to declare their innocence on social media?
If I were to commit a crime and not want it known and in the public eye, I sure wouldn't be posting on my social media the things that TM posted and I sure as he** wouldn't be bashing the victim and/or her family! Enough said....

They weren't the ones who put themselves in the spotlight. No one knew who they were until Tammy's post ended on on the main FB page. All of her posts were on her personal FB page. Neither Tammy or Sidney have spoken to the media, except the one interview Tammy did with an online blogger.

Boy, you can say that again. Tammy wanted attention and she got it.

I did a search, and couldn't find that much discussion of it. I am sure there are many posters who have not given their opinion. Also, when they said it, people speculated that perhaps someone had talked, but now 2 weeks later, that seems unlikely.

What could they have to hide? I think they asked for one because the defense is going to request a change of venue, and there is a chance they will be granted one.

There is plenty they could hide. Why do you think it is unlikely someone has talked? How would we know about it?

There is plenty they could hide. Why do you think it is unlikely someone has talked? How would we know about it?

Maybe they talked a bit, but it was not enough to find Heather, get charges dropped or changed. So perhaps they did an interview w/ LE, but I doubt there has been a confession.

BBM

Where does Richardson express what they think will happen?

It doesn't. This is what I said:

I think it means just what it says--they think there will be only one person left in the case.

They weren't the ones who put themselves in the spotlight. No one knew who they were until Tammy's post ended on on the main FB page. All of her posts were on her personal FB page. Neither Tammy or Sidney have spoken to the media, except the one interview Tammy did with an online blogger.

BBM: IMO, whether on personal FB page, or public FB page, the fact remains TM put it on Social Media.
And by putting in on her "personal FB page", did that mean it was guaranteed it wouldn't be talked about or put somewhere else, just because it was on her "personal" FB page? In other words, it was okay for the few chosen by her, on her FB page, it was okay and should've been kept hush, hush. LOL if that's the case, just shows once again her mentality.
To me that would be the same as putting something in the local newspaper in hopes that only those subscribed to that paper would have access to that information. :floorlaugh:

It doesn't. This is what I said:

I think it means just what it says--they think there will be only one person left in the case.

He said he expects defense attorneys to request a change of venue, and the motion for a gag order is one step he hopes will prevent that.

“I can promise you, whenever this case comes to trial, that whoever is left in the trial will scream to the top of their lungs to move this case from Horry County saying there’s been too much publicity,” he said. “The gag order is there to protect the judicial system.”
http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/17/3...#storylink=cpy
BBM

I think Richardson tells us who will be screaming to the top of their lungs. The Attorney's representing the Moorer's now may not be the Attorney's representing them at trial. Happens frequently.

Who said it? If defense, probably acting like charges will be dropped against their client. If prosecution, maybe they often see lawyers changing before actual trial.

Way off topic, but my 10 year-old came home with a poster she bought for me at the book fair... Same little kitty in your picture in the pink dress!

BBM: IMO, whether on personal FB page, or public FB page, the fact remains TM put it on Social Media.
And by putting in on her "personal FB page", did that mean it was guaranteed it wouldn't be talked about or put somewhere else, just because it was on her "personal" FB page? In other words, it was okay for the few chosen by her, on her FB page, it was okay and should've been kept hush, hush. LOL if that's the case, just shows once again her mentality.
To me that would be the same as putting something in the local newspaper in hopes that only those subscribed to that paper would have access to that information. :floorlaugh:

And this is what gets me --- if the trial is MOVED to somewhere else - ALL THE INTERNET STUFF IS STILL GOING TO BE AROUND --- and the case is going to get its own attention in the new location.........right? The news media in the new area will be broadcasting how "MURDER SUSPECTS FROM HORRY COUNTY ARE BEING BROUGHT TO TRIAL HERE....." ---- and all the same stuff that is around online and elsewhere --- is still going to be there grabbing as much attention in the new area as it has here. Just MOO!

BBM

I think Richardson tells us who will be screaming to the top of their lungs. The Attorney's representing the Moorer's now may not be the Attorney's representing them at trial. Happens frequently.

That's fine. You are welcome to post what you think.

But I am married to a CDA and the percentage of times his client, retained or not, dumps him mid-case is probably less than 1%. Not saying you are wrong--just providing my experience.

Plus the judge has to give his blessing for an attorney to step off. This causes delays and most aren't down for that.

moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM. What do you mean by "the main facebook page"? I don't understand.

We discussed that statement over and over. I think it means just what it says--they think there will be only one person left in the case.

I personally am concerned that the prosecution wants a gag order. It makes me think they have something to hide because clearly there are plenty of folks who know little to nothing about the case.

I'm concerned with the gag order as well. In this situation, it leads me to believe a plea could be in the works.

I'm still of the belief that Tammy could have had a breakdown of some sort. My gosh her entire social media is all about Sidney & their family. Sure, she may have exaggerated some stuff but maybe it wasn't exaggerated in her eyes. Maybe she believed everything she wrote.

The dp was thrown out there IMO as a scare tactic to get somebody talking bc in my own very honest opinion I don't understand why the dp would be on the table in this situation at all considering everything written on both sides. Any married female that's ever been wronged in her life may be able to put theirself in Tammy's shoes for just one tiny second, and that's all it'd take to creat reasonable doubt or even push her to a psychiatric facility for help.

As far as Sidney is concerned, he has an argument that could stand based on the fact that Tammy had his cell and his social media. He could say Tammy did it but he didn't want to believe it or didn't say anything bc he feared for his life and their children's lives.

Plus, they live in the Bible Belt and adultery is treated the same as any other sin in the Ten Commandments. So chances are if the jury consists of devoted Christians, they could show sympathy.

I'm very curious about this gag order and the intentions behind it bc I personally feel that it doesn't have a dang thing to do with jury pool, no matter what the solicitor says.

But I am married to a CDA and the percentage of times his client, retained or not, dumps him mid-case is probably less than 1%. Not saying you are wrong--just providing my experience.

If anything, an attorney would be added and they'd act as a team. It's seen alot in dp cases bc not all cda's are dp certified, so one would have to be brought in as was seen in Casey Anthony's case.

Except the fact that Tammy's personal FB page is linked with her Disboards account and all of the other social media she & her family use as well, including her own children.

Maybe the prosecutors are hinting that one will make a deal prior to trial.

Don't think I said anything about any client dropping their attorney mid-case. Respectfully, your spouse is just one of the many thousands of attorneys in the US.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanling53
Back