Introduce Yourself

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My name is Gina and I am a 31 y.o. living in Southern California. For as long as I can remember, I've been interested in unsolved mysteries and things of that nature. Recently I found Websleuths and became very interested in Anna's case. I've spent hours reading the threads on here as well as Annasmom's manuscript. You all seem like a nice group of people with some great ideas and detective skills. I will try to help in any way I can, even if it's just a throwaway idea or two. I've been doing some internet searches tonight, so I will let you know if I find anything that may be of help :)

Welcome to the search, Gina. Your input is always appreciated. Just when we think we have exhausted all of our ideas, someone has always come up with a fresh idea that is worth exploring.

Hello, I was born Jo Ann Sly (hundreds of years ago the word Sly meant "to have a knowing").
My greatest achievement, joy is my Son who has also made me a MeeMa by giving me 3 wonderful Grandchildren. I live in a most enchanting valley 15 miles from Death Valley Junction. I am a herbalist, genealogist & a researcher.

I read a lot more than I post (unless I can contribute something). Sure wish I knew how to help on this case. I think you are all wonderful people.

Anna's Mom, Brother. Joe, I am so very sorry for all the pain. I went to school with a girl Jody Miller (I have a thread on her in the Cold Cases) who was murdered 35 years ago and her killer has still not been caught and it eats at me so bad at times.

Hoping for the best,
Sly

Welcome, Sly. For those of you who are not familiar with the story, It was Sly's sleuthing that finally confirmed what others had suspected - that Delia Cly's story was a hoax. Great work on that case, Sly, and it is great to have you looking in on our case here.

Hi, I'm Karene. (pronounced Car-een) I live in Northern California, I'm 39, divorced, no kids. I work as a Senior Technician in DMV Headquarters Mandatory Actions Unit (Suspensions, DUI's, etc...)

I saw Anna's pic and was instantly drawn to her smile.
I am a volunteer researcher for adoptees & those seeking missing family members. I spend most of my time searching and not so much posting these days but I am here. I will be here till we bring Anna home. I already shared this but just to renew some hope, I found my mom's sibs in England and Australia after nearly 40 yrs and I just found a lady who's brother has been looking for her most of his adult life. They reunited last month in WA after 47 yrs.

Doogie & Mikie, if I may call you that- I am on your team for the duration.

Dr. Doogie said:
Welcome, Sly. For those of you who are not familiar with the story, It was Sly's sleuthing that finally confirmed what others had suspected - that Delia Cly's story was a hoax. Great work on that case, Sly, and it is great to have you looking in on our case here.

Hi there Dr. D.
I wish this one was as easy as the delia case. That one & this one are the only loooong ones that I ever read right through. But when I got to the end of the delia case.... y'all had all the answers there for me. Wish this one was like that one. But it's nice to see so many of the same names on this one.

Anna's family does have the best of the best websleuths working on it.

Big hugs to all of you.

Sly

itsreenw said:
Hi, I'm Karene. (pronounced Car-een) I live in Northern California, I'm 39, divorced, no kids. I work as a Senior Technician in DMV Headquarters Mandatory Actions Unit (Suspensions, DUI's, etc...)

I am a volunteer researcher for adoptees & those seeking missing family members. I spend most of my time searching and not so much posting these days but I am here. I will be here till we bring Anna home. I already shared this but just to renew some hope, I found my mom's sibs in England and Australia after nearly 40 yrs and I just found a lady who's brother has been looking for her most of his adult life. They reunited last month in WA after 47 yrs.

Itsreenw:

Thanks for the letting us know how your name is pronounced - I had always wondered. Your help has been greatly appreciated here on the forum!

SLY said:
Hello, I was born Jo Ann Sly (hundreds of years ago the word Sly meant "to have a knowing").
My greatest achievement, joy is my Son who has also made me a MeeMa by giving me 3 wonderful Grandchildren. I live in a most enchanting valley 15 miles from Death Valley Junction. I am a herbalist, genealogist & a researcher.

Hoping for the best,
Sly
Welcome, Sly. Your post made me feel good.

itsreenw said:
Hi, I'm Karene. (pronounced Car-een)

Itsreenw, your story gives me hope. Thank you.

Hi Im Suzanne Im 38 and been married for 16 years . I live in a town called Hastings in the uk.I have 3 children all girls aged 15 12 and 2 and Im expecting another in August !!!
We have several animals.. dogs cats and tortoises.
I came acrossed Annas site by accident ,but am now totally absorbed with all the work everyone puts in .
Annas Mum is just so brave my heart goes out to her the boys and Jo.
If your ever visiting the uk Annas mum your always welcome for a cuppa !
I strongly believe Anna is alive and will be found .I believe the link is with the Georges .
I pray for her return .

suzannej said:
Hi Im Suzanne Im 38 and been married for 16 years . I live in a town called Hastings in the uk.I have 3 children all girls aged 15 12 and 2 and Im expecting another in August !!!
We have several animals.. dogs cats and tortoises.
I came acrossed Annas site by accident ,but am now totally absorbed with all the work everyone puts in .
Annas Mum is just so brave my heart goes out to her the boys and Jo.
If your ever visiting the uk Annas mum your always welcome for a cuppa !
I strongly believe Anna is alive and will be found .I believe the link is with the Georges .
I pray for her return .
Welcome to Anna's place! The people here work very hard on trying to solve the mystery and most of all, Annasmom is our hero!

Hi - I'm Barb, and I live in S. Texas. Mom to 7, aged 12-34, with 13 wonderful grandkids. I am at home on disability right now, not knowing when I'll be able to go back to work. I spend a lot of time reading here on WS, and Anna's case has me hooked. You guys are wonderful, and maybe I'll be able to contribute at some point. Every one seems to have such differing talents, and it's amazing to me how working together, you are able to do so much. Not sure what other talents I may have, but for sure, if you ever need the talent listed below, I'm your gal !!:

Dr. Doogie said:
I know that is not your nature, but I would recommend that you get in touch with your "inner-" and become a pain in their rear.
:dance:

You all are wonderful, and I admire your devotion so much !!

barb0301 said:
Hi - I'm Barb, and I live in S. Texas. Mom to 7, aged 12-34, with 13 wonderful grandkids. I am at home on disability right now, not knowing when I'll be able to go back to work. I spend a lot of time reading here on WS, and Anna's case has me hooked. You guys are wonderful, and maybe I'll be able to contribute at some point. Every one seems to have such differing talents, and it's amazing to me how working together, you are able to do so much. Not sure what other talents I may have, but for sure, if you ever need the talent listed below, I'm your gal !!:

:dance:

You all are wonderful, and I admire your devotion so much !!
Barb. pleased to meet you. You're right about this group. They're really extraordinary.

Hi everyone,

Since I am blabbering so much on here...hehehe, I should introduce myself as well!
I am Pat,(I'll be 40 soon!) mom of 3 children, and I do alot of online research in adoption and a bit in missing persons. All my research was initially done for family reasons, but I found alot and connected things that seemed impossible.

I also have had intuitive things about cases unrelated to me, and sometimes have insight into things that I don't always know why. When I saw Anna's info, it "hit' me rather hard, as if I belonged looking at it. After initially putting it aside for a week or so, I reconnected to it, and was not sure why. So, I am here looking and learning, and hopefully I was put here to help.

From one mom to another, I think that our motherly hearts connect to this, and want to help by the natural order of life!
Good to meet you all, you seem amazing and loving folks!
Pat

Whew! I finally made onto the forum after some struggles with Websleuth. They were ver kind and helpful once I got through to the right person.

My name is Dan Bradford. Doug and Nonda were and are very dear friends of mine from High School. I have been steadily following the progress of this case for some time and continue to be hopeful and facinated.

First my heartfelt thanks for Doug's work on this to bring it to the forefront.

Second, my heart goes out to anna'smom, Joe, Anna's brothers and family's. Shortly after Anna's disappearance, I came to Half Moon Bay with my own set of problems, and even though I was one of Nonda's closest friends, I was only vaguely aware of the disappearance. My apologies to the family for not being aware and more supportive.

I'm quite sure that I don't have any relevant information, but I may add a comment from time to time, and offer some critical thinking.

Here's hoping for some sort of resolution, and thanks for everyone and their input on this sight. It has been facinating.

My name is Kristen, born and raised in Howard County, MD. Married in 97 and moved to Frederick for a few years and just moved to Wild and wonderful Charles Town, WV last month. I'm the proud mother of a beautiful 4 year old boy and also my "other kids" a 140 lb 5 year old Rottie and a 95 lb. 3 year old Pitt. The saddest part is all 3 of them sleep in the bed with my husband and I. LOL

I came to webslueths during the Trenton Duckett case and found Anna's thread through the Delia Cly fiasco. I also have a small connection to the Sheila and Katherine Lyons case since my cousins lived on Plyers Mill Rd and we would walk the same path to Wheaton Plaza around the same time as the Lyons' sister disappearance.

Welcome to the forum Lurker. I believe I've seen you here in the wee hours of the morning and now the reason.... no room in your bed for you!

Welcome to the forum Lurker. I believe I've seen you here in the wee hours of the morning and now the reason.... no room in your bed for you!

Exactly! It kinds of hard to sleep on one side all night with your feet propped up on a dog. :p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back