Reaction score
Coastguard search for missing Cushendall woman

Nicola Murray, last seen leaving her home in Cushendall at around 18:15 GMT

43 y.o.
5'3" approx, slim build
wearing short red padded coat, dark blue jeans and a pink beanie hat

_106060699_nicolamurray.jpg

Last edited:
Police still concerned for missing Nicola Murray.

“A full land Air and Sea search has taken place and is ongoing in the Glens of Antrim as Poilce and Family become concerned for the safety of Nicola Murray from the area who was last seen on Saturday evening.

PSNI, Poilce Air Support, Community Rescue Service. HM Coastguard, Search Dogs and RNLI Lifeboats have been combing the area since Saturday evening.

Police are appealing for Nicola, or anyone who knows of her whereabouts, to contact officers in Coleraine on 101 quoting reference 1183 16/03/19.”

Somebody made a FB page for Nicola. I won't link it since I'm not sure if it was started by family, but it is called Find Nicola Murray.

As there is no family / Admin contact name on that FB, hard to say who started it. Not seeing a lot there, so for now we'll just keep an eye on it for a bit and see how it goes before me make it WS "official"

I'm wondering if there's a specific reason the search includes the Coast Guard/sea in addition to land...has anything been released regarding the circumstances surrounding when she was last seen and/or her state of mind when she was last seen?

I'm wondering if there's a specific reason the search includes the Coast Guard/sea in addition to land...has anything been released regarding the circumstances surrounding when she was last seen and/or her state of mind when she was last seen?
If you look at the FB page "Find Nicola Murray," they address those questions you have. The page can't be linked or quoted yet, as the WS admin is monitoring the authenticity of the Find page.

Hoping Nicola turns up safe. Such beautiful scenery up that part of the coast but there is also treacherous waves and currents too. If they are searching between waterfoot and cushendall they are pretty small villages with lots of secluded areas where a body could be, especially along the beach.

I don't understand the dearth of media coverage on this case.

The information provided has been extremely limited, with almost no updates anywhere.

What was her state of mind when she left her home?

Did she indicate where she was going when she left her home?

When and where was the verified last sighting of her?

I don't understand the dearth of media coverage on this case.

The information provided has been extremely limited, with almost no updates anywhere.

What was her state of mind when she left her home?

Did she indicate where she was going when she left her home?

When and where was the verified last sighting of her?
Agreed...I even found an article from today and still the same minimal information...just a new appeal. One would think that there might be more details released if either family or LE continue to make appeals to the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back