Ireland - Tina Satchwell, 45, Youghal, Co. Cork, 20 March 2017 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had missed this post as well. its v interesting
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/tina-come-home-dhzq9rlxx?t=ie

“It’s a devil of a case, as we have very little evidence but lots of suspicion,” said one detective. “It’s a real-life Gone Girl.”

There is no evidence to suggest she left of her own accord. All the evidence points in the opposite direction. “She was a hoarder. Routine was very much a part of her life,” said one detective who suspects the missing woman suffered from mental health issues, possibly obsessive compulsive disorder which caused her continually to buy and hoard new clothes.

We came home between 2.30pm and 3.30pm and I went out for a pizza later around 7pm,” he said.

“I’ve given the gardai a key to the door as I don’t want Tina waiting in a coffee shop if she can’t get into the house,” he said.

Think all quotes amount to less than 10% .

He went out for a pizza the evening of the car-boot sale.. alone.
If the police quotes are accurate, its pretty damning, they had been working the case for several weeks by then.. But The Times tends to put its own disagreeable spin on ,uch of its material.

I had missed this post as well. its v interesting
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/tina-come-home-dhzq9rlxx?t=ie

“It’s a devil of a case, as we have very little evidence but lots of suspicion,” said one detective. “It’s a real-life Gone Girl.”

There is no evidence to suggest she left of her own accord. All the evidence points in the opposite direction. “She was a hoarder. Routine was very much a part of her life,” said one detective who suspects the missing woman suffered from mental health issues, possibly obsessive compulsive disorder which caused her continually to buy and hoard new clothes.

We came home between 2.30pm and 3.30pm and I went out for a pizza later around 7pm,” he said.

“I’ve given the gardai a key to the door as I don’t want Tina waiting in a coffee shop if she can’t get into the house,” he said.

Think all quotes amount to less than 10% .

He went out for a pizza the evening of the car-boot sale.. alone.
If the police quotes are accurate, its pretty damning, they had been working the case for several weeks by then.. But The Times tends to put its own disagreeable spin on ,uch of its material.

I can't see the full article as I think it's behind a paywall.

It's obviously still a very active investigation. Something is motivating them towards searching the areas around the town. I imagine a lot of hours went into viewing cctv of every shop and every street possible in order to try and find clues or sightings. I hope there's a resolution to this soon- I wonder have many people come forward with information that has helped the investigation. How can someone just disappear in Youghal with no transport out of town? doesn't make sense to me.

I can't see the full article as I think it's behind a paywall.

It's obviously still a very active investigation. Something is motivating them towards searching the areas around the town. I imagine a lot of hours went into viewing cctv of every shop and every street possible in order to try and find clues or sightings. I hope there's a resolution to this soon- I wonder have many people come forward with information that has helped the investigation. How can someone just disappear in Youghal with no transport out of town? doesn't make sense to me.
You can register with Times and receive 1 or 2 free articles a week.
I'm not sure there is any evidence at all that she ever returned to Youghal from the car boot sale.
He went out for a pizza alone the Sunday evening. That may not have been so unusual though, she was a non meat eater..
I ended up google searching every photo I could find of her online and reading the articles accompanying. There were more than I had thought initially.
I also discovered, aFTER that mammoth task!!, a boards ireland thread which was discontinued v early august. It had a lot of information and a lot of work had been done there.
A couple of apparently local people confirmed there had been no back door to the house in which they lived.

i have a feeling the 2 suitcases he claimed were missing were 2 they used frequently for transportation of gear to and from the carboot sales.
It is possible, mere speculation on my part that neither she nor the suitcases ever returned to Youghal the day before.
Its equally possible that she had another phone that was unregistered and social media accounts in a different name.
I could not help but wonder at her frequent trips to Dublin, this from a woman who allegedly did not like doing things alone..
Sad sad case.

You can register with Times and receive 1 or 2 free articles a week.
I'm not sure there is any evidence at all that she ever returned to Youghal from the car boot sale.
He went out for a pizza alone the Sunday evening. That may not have been so unusual though, she was a non meat eater..
I ended up google searching every photo I could find of her online and reading the articles accompanying. There were more than I had thought initially.
I also discovered, aFTER that mammoth task!!, a boards ireland thread which was discontinued v early august. It had a lot of information and a lot of work had been done there.
A couple of apparently local people confirmed there had been no back door to the house in which they lived.

i have a feeling the 2 suitcases he claimed were missing were 2 they used frequently for transportation of gear to and from the carboot sales.
It is possible, mere speculation on my part that neither she nor the suitcases ever returned to Youghal the day before.
Its equally possible that she had another phone that was unregistered and social media accounts in a different name.
I could not help but wonder at her frequent trips to Dublin, this from a woman who allegedly did not like doing things alone..
Sad sad case.
I still haven't got to the end of this yet, but there's 2 more radio interviews linked there.

Kerry Radio, July 3rd. At 10m20s RS says Tina doesn't drink. (Prosecco?)
http://www.radiokerry.ie/appeal-missing-woman-tina-satchwell-july-3rd-2017/

RTE Radio 1 Drivetime, July 6th. From 100 minutes.
https://cdn.rasset.ie/manifest/audi...vetime_cl10745180_10747977_261_/manifest.m3u8

I can only get the Drivetime interview to work on mobile, not PC. If anyone wants to listen and can't access, I may be able to help them out.

As for not having a backdoor, it's impossible to tell from google satellite, but the house backs onto Main Street and there's no way to get out the back unless you go through a shops back door.

attachment.php

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.9...4!1sQ6AOzn-SPtNe3nNy97SIdg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Attachments

• Main St Youghal.JPG
    Main St Youghal.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 185
Missing 6 months today.

[FONT=&amp]We have conducted an intensive investigation for the past six months into Tina Satchwell’s disappearance,” Supt Eamonn O’Neill told the Irish Examiner this week.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Supt O’Neill and Det Insp Brian Goulding are heading up the investigation, based out of the district headquarters in Midleton.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“We have an incident room manned continuously and we are holding regular conferences on the case,” says Supt O’Neill. “We are following up to 200 lines of enquiry, both locally, nationally, and internationally.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Supt O’Neill says some of these lines of inquiry are of a technical and forensic nature, and all are being followed. “This is a very live investigation,” he says.

[/FONT]http://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...ea-six-months-after-disappearance-459295.html

Missing 6 months today.

[FONT=&amp]We have conducted an intensive investigation for the past six months into Tina Satchwell’s disappearance,” Supt Eamonn O’Neill told the Irish Examiner this week.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Supt O’Neill and Det Insp Brian Goulding are heading up the investigation, based out of the district headquarters in Midleton.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“We have an incident room manned continuously and we are holding regular conferences on the case,” says Supt O’Neill. “We are following up to 200 lines of enquiry, both locally, nationally, and internationally.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Supt O’Neill says some of these lines of inquiry are of a technical and forensic nature, and all are being followed. “This is a very live investigation,” he says.

[/FONT]http://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...ea-six-months-after-disappearance-459295.html
International? National? Forensic?
WDH?
Clearly they are still investigating, or is it? I thought perhaps they would allow perpetrator to believe case was cold, old and perp would be free to either do it again or unmask him/herself?
Such a very frustrating case..
I wonder what the local people are saying?

This is so odd ... and the dates don't add up. She's supposed to be 45, yet they married on her 21st birthday in 1991, and have been married 25 years?

According to this, the husband is 66. https://www.thesun.ie/news/1229006/...hes-nothing-to-hide-as-gardai-questioned-him/

They've been together 28 years ... a 38 year old man and a 17 year old girl. Might explain the odd dynamic which seems to focus on providing material items. It's a like spoiling a kid or buying someone's affection.

This is so odd ... and the dates don't add up. She's supposed to be 45, yet they married on her 21st birthday in 1991, and have been married 25 years?

According to this, the husband is 66. https://www.thesun.ie/news/1229006/...hes-nothing-to-hide-as-gardai-questioned-him/

They've been together 28 years ... a 38 year old man and a 17 year old girl. Might explain the odd dynamic which seems to focus on providing material items. It's a like spoiling a kid or buying someone's affection.
He is not 66. The Sun is notorious and they dont even try for accuracy..
The actual ages and details are very well set out in most Irish media and the posts here.

How old is he? If you don't mind me asking. I've read the links in this thread plus more, and that was the only one with his age. I took Tina's age, date of marriage and duration from several of the sources - they don't add up, even factoring for this years' Birthday/anniversary not having passed.

This is the first time I've heard of this case so admittedly i'm not all that familiar with it, but it's quite bizarre. My first thought is that this has more red flags than a bandana convention.

How old is he? If you don't mind me asking. I've read the links in this thread plus more, and that was the only one with his age. I took Tina's age, date of marriage and duration from several of the sources - they don't add up, even factoring for this years' Birthday/anniversary not having passed.
I really recommend that you read the case fully. There was only very few years between them, age wise.. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...s-found-by-tina-satchwell-s-husband-1.3173945
Another way to search is to google search all online images..
an age disparity has never been considered to be an aspect to this missing person case.

Thank-you for the link, it's the only other article I've read that has referenced his age.

Tina's age still doesn't match up though - I know it's a small point, that's why it's bothering me. If she was married on her 21st birthday in 1991, (reported by the Irish independant & Herald) and has been married for 25years, she can't be 45.

If her 21st birthday was in 1991, she was born in 1970, so would be 47 this year.

This is the first time I've heard of this case so admittedly i'm not all that familiar with it, but it's quite bizarre. My first thought is that this has more red flags than a bandana convention.
See excerpt from UK Times below. She was a hoarder, its possible he was as well.
See this article on hoarding https://adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd/hoarding-basics
she was facing middle age, possibly menopausal which often comes with influxes of intense emotions and sometimes with physical symptoms as well,
her brother had suicided, she did not apparently maintain close family or friendship relationships.
Her love of the beauty industry including the fashion industry took all her time, according to interviews he gave, so she is facing a change in her life.. her looks fading, her fashions changing, yet she had the pets she loved, she allegedly had access to a lot of cash, yet she had run up bills in a catalogue trading company according to a Sun article, bills she could have discharged easily, perhaps?

Its the strangest case.. a 5'7 blonde, allegedly vivacious woman suddenly disappeared with e26k cash and has never been heard from.
Had the forensics examination of her home uncovered anything, presumably the results would be well in by now..
Theres many theories, but no clear pointers to anything at all
better link to hoarding psychoses http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/articles/psychiatric-issues-hoarding

Thank-you for the link, it's the only other article I've read that has referenced his age.

Tina's age still doesn't match up though - I know it's a small point, that's why it's bothering me. If she was married on her 21st birthday in 1991, (reported by the Irish independant & Herald) and has been married for 25years, she can't be 45.

If her 21st birthday was in 1991, she was born in 1970, so would be 47 this year.
Examiner article shared today states her to be 47.

Examiner article shared today states her to be 47.
The one kindly shared by legallybland earlier? As far as I see it is still reporting 45 years of age - though there is a change to the height. It is stated as 5ft 7 whereas it's previously been reported fairly consistently as 5ft 6.

Bumping for Tina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS thinks Tina is in the UK:

Richard told the Irish Sun on Sunday: “I believe she’s in the UK where she has quite a large family.

“I don’t believe she is dead and I am living in hope that eventually she will get tired of being away and will come home to me.

“I love her deeply and this disappearance has not changed my feelings for her.

“I actually have money put away for when she returns so that we can head off together for a few weeks break.”

Richard said that thought is the only thing that keeps him going. He said: “I am living in a void. But I still believe she is going to turn up as suddenly as she left.

“She is a very independent woman, always has been and doing this is part of that independence.

“I am heartbroken. I am still minding the two dogs and the parrot and they are a great consolation to me because she loved them so much. They give me the incentive to get up in the mornings.”

Handyman Richard, who works with a tyre company, said he has put by enough money to continue doing up their home.

He added: “I want everything to be perfect for her when she comes home.”

The couple, who married in Manchester, returned to Ireland and lived in Fermoy for a time before moving to Youghal almost two years ago.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1762757/...-visit-relatives-as-gardai-hit-wall-in-probe/

There would have been a trace of her at ports or an airport if she went to England. I think he is deluded or perhaps deflecting blame.

There would have been a trace of her at ports or an airport if she went to England. I think he is deluded or perhaps deflecting blame.

Tina had no passport, her mobile phone was left in her home and her bank account has not been accessed.

A trawl of CCTV found no trace of her and gardaí believe that she never left Ireland.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...ssing-tina-satchwell-called-off-36048787.html
It's not impossible to go to the UK undetected, I suppose, but it really isn't looking likely. And I doubt her family in the UK are hard to trace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back